The only way to fix the country!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is really only one way to fix the country!!!

1 Sam 12:14 If you will fear the Lord and serve Him, and listen to His voice and not rebel against the command of the Lord, then both you and also the king who reigns over you will follow the Lord your God.

That is the only way!! We have to listen to His voice and not rebel against the commandments He personally tells us!!

The problem is the His people don't do that!!

Ex 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us ...

"LET GOD NOT SPEAK TO US" is what we say, just like those before us. So since we don't want to listen the Lord our God, we don't tell others to listen to the Lord our God - we thus raise our kids and not telling the to listen to the Lord our God, but we might make it about our knowing and our religious beliefs - but we don't listen to Him!!

1 Sam 8:19 Nevertheless, the people refused to listen to the voice of Samuel, and they said, “No, but there shall be a king over us,

So even when the Lord sent them prophets with His words, like Moses, which they said they would listen to, they did not listen to them either!!

Ps 81: 13-15
“Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!
“I would quickly subdue their enemies
And turn My hand against their adversaries.
“Those who hate the Lord would pretend obedience to Him,
And their time of punishment would be forever.

Yeah - I am amazed at how our society has even good down hill in my time. The current state of our United States is appalling, but it is not surprising. It even seems to be exactly what the Lord said it would be. People calling right wrong, and what is wrong right. Yet do we not even understand that really, only God understanding of what's right and wrong counts??? If we did we would seek His voice, and thus listen to Him, which would result is us wanting others to listen to Him, like we do.

We got the leaders we deserve!!! God made sure of that!!! He always does!! If we were to seek Jesus Christ as the Word of God, so that we listened to Him, as a society, then we would have Christian leaders who actually listened to the Lord!! But if we who are called by Him don't actually seek Him after being called but go back to leaning on our understanding, then we don't listen to Him and we get what we have - and it is getting worse, isn't it?

It is our fault - not His. He is the One looking to help us!

Shouldn't we at least make others aware that He can be heard from???? It would be easier to do if we actually listened to Him ourselves!!

I woke up this morning, like every any other morning, and I opened up my spiritual ears, which I don't always do. I usually expect to hear the voice of my Lord and usually do. This morning I heard from Grace, and angel the Lord had working with me yesterday. I asked, "Ok what do we have for today?".

The angel got sooo excited and even giddy, and He said, "WE... HAVE.... THE.... LORD.... JESUS.... CHRIST.... FOR..... TODAY...!"

This angel, who has been serving the Lord Jesus Christ, for who knows how many years, was extremely excited that we had Him for another day!!!

The angels was like one kids telling another kid that they were going to Disneyland today.

Now I started talking to the Lord and He was asking me to post again today. Yet today He seemed to want it post in this section of the Christian forum. We have problems today, because we are not excited that we have Jesus Christ as our Lord today!!!

We have the Word of God who is with God and is God with us to talk to TODAY, and we are not excited about that!!!???

How is it that we can hear from God and not be excited about that, even Today?

If we listen to Him we would be excited. Even if we listened to His holy angels that He sends to minister to us, we would be excited to be able to spend another day with Him, but we obviously don't listen to Him - so we don't even hear the commands He has for us today to keep them.

Therefore the leaders we have over us don't hear from Him either ---- and we want to judge them!!

Yeah, they are also guilty before the Lord, but Christians are those having gotten a call from the Lord, so how more guilty are we that we have been called by Him but still don't listen to Him. Do we hate Him? Why don't we listen to Him who called us? We are not just pretending obedience, are we?

AGAIN

The above verse describes perfectly what He regularly tells me in a variety of ways. "If they would just listen to me, Karl..." He has so often said to me.

You want to make a quick change in our government, start listening to Him!!! It's the only way!! If we who have been called by His name (Christians) would just actually start listening to Him, then He would "QUICKLY" subdue our enemies.

He has me helping in a prayer tower, which is open for Christians to come and talk to the Lord, if they want a nice peaceful, comfortable, and quiet place to spend time talking to the Lord. It has to be the slowest ministry in the church. Ok - nobody has to come there to talk to the Lord. I know that. We should talk to Him all day long no matter where we are. But if someone wanted to make a difference in our government, they can come there and spend time praying for our leaders. It would make a difference, according to what the Lord has written. Do we even spend time listening Today? Read the other post on this forum and see if you can find anyone who is testifying about listening to Him?? It is said reading!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Let's say for a moment that the fall of society can be blamed on the complacency of the church to uphold Jesus in the the highest regard and keep his commandments.

So God blesses man, who then becomes wealthy, and well fed as a result of those blessings. Then after one generation, or even sooner, the struggles of the past are forgotten and the Lord's provision is taken for granted. Man becomes haughty, proud, and self centered. He forgets the poor, which he or his father's once were.

Does this mean we can't have nice things?

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has me helping in a prayer tower, which is open for Christians to come and talk to the Lord, if they want a nice peaceful, comfortable, and quiet place to spend time talking to the Lord. It has to be the slowest ministry in the church. Ok - nobody has to come there to talk to the Lord. I know that. We should talk to Him all day long no matter where we are. But if someone wanted to make a difference in our government, they can come there and spend time praying for our leaders. It would make a difference, according to what the Lord has written. Do we even spend time listening Today? Read the other post on this forum and see if you can find anyone who is testifying about listening to Him?
This is what the Lord Jesus said for you to say to us? How is that so? He hears us wherever we are, and it's fully OK to pray wherever we are. And how is it so that He would tell you no one is listening, when He knows who is listening to Him?

Much love!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what the Lord Jesus said for you to say to us? How is that so? He hears us wherever we are, and it's fully OK to pray wherever we are. And how is it so that He would tell you no one is listening, when He knows who is listening to Him?

Much love!
Look at what you wrote!!!!!!!!!!

You wrote " He hears us"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Him hearing you is not the same as you hearing Him!!!!!!!!!!!

It is in fact you putting yourself and your thoughts before Him and His thoughts!!!!!!!!!

It is not that He does not understand your need to speak to Him - you need to. But He had it written:

Deut 6: 3-6“O Israel, you should listen and be careful to do it, that it may be well with you and that you may multiply greatly, just as the LORD, the God of your fathers, has promised you, in a land flowing with milk and honey. “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. “These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

So you talk to Him and expect Him to listen to you, then ask me "how is it so that He would tell you no one is listening"?

Do you not even see by your own words you testified about speaking to Him but not about listening to Him???

Change that and you will understand how it is that He keeps telling me to tell people to listen to Him!!! You will also understand what the prophets and others who wrote the Bible were also trying to get across to you!!

It is good that you want to talk to Him, but it is the listening to Him that is important - or do you really think your words are better that His words?

It is His words that give life to you - not your words:

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

That is the difference between death and life, that you listen to Him. So when you talk to Him, then listen to Him!! Hear what He has to say to you! Consider the words that come from His mouth. Then you will understand. You would have understood why the Psalmist wrote down what He heard:

Real obedience to Him of course requires listening to Him and getting instructions from Him. Pretending obedience to Him means you don't actually hear Him, but you might be talking to Him. Talking to the Lord does not give you His instructions to you, so where is your testimony about the instructions you are getting from Him????

It is missing in what you wrote - but the wondering how I might hear from Him is not missing. I tell you truly that I hear from Him by faith and that is what He needs us doing!! Indeed, that is truly the only thing that is needed!!

Gal 3:2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Paul did not ask if they were talking to Him! Paul only wanted to find out if they were hearing Him with faith!!

Luke 10:41 But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”

Martha was busy working on things she considered to be serving our Lord Jesus Christ. Mary on the other hand was sitting and listening to the Lord while He was speaking. Are we like Martha, pretending to listen to the Lord or are we doing the only one thing that is necessary, which is listening to the Lord???

I hope this answered your question!!

We need to start being like Mary, and encouraging others to be like that too!!

Luke 8:21 But He answered and said to them, “My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.”

If that is what all us Christians were doing today, do you really think we would have these problems. Would not the Lord quickly subdue our enemies??

He didn't lie, did He??

Again:

Either He lied or we are not listening to Him like we should!!!

I don't think He lie!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not even see by your own words you testified about speaking to Him but not about listening to Him???
You've said . . .

You complained that we don't pray in your tower. We don't have to. God hears us where we are.

You've asserted that no one listens to God, and Jesus told you to say that. Or your angel, I forget which. And I'm saying that God would not tell you to say no one is listening to Him, because He knows for a fact that there are those who are listening.

Don't make this into something it's not.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus and Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with the country isn't God fearing people or people that love God. It's the heathens that have taken over that bring plagues and troubles.

Reactions: Taken and marks

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's say for a moment that the fall of society can be blamed on the complacency of the church to uphold Jesus in the the highest regard and keep his commandments.

So God blesses man, who then becomes wealthy, and well fed as a result of those blessings. Then after one generation, or even sooner, the struggles of the past are forgotten and the Lord's provision is taken for granted. Man becomes haughty, proud, and self centered. He forgets the poor, which he or his father's once were.

If you have Jesus Christ, do you not have nice things???

God so loved the world that He gave us His only begotten Son. He gave Him to us, but if you don't listen to Him, do you even have Him??

So it also goes that who ever believes in Him shall have eternal life!

If you believe in Him, and so believe He is the Word of God the King of kings, the Lord or lords, and the Annointed of God who rules over all things as the Great I Am who never leaves us, then surely you listen to Him - or do you go around all day and never listen to Him who is always with you??

He is the King and all things the Father has are His!!! So do you not have nice things???? Who told you that you didn't??

Ps 2:6 “But as for Me, I have installed My King
Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”

Jn 16:15 “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Jn 10:9 “I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Did you miss that bit I wrote in the OP about the angel Grace that He had sent to minister to me?

My friend - since we have access to the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, we also then have access to the Kingdom of God also!! Where do you think He was talking about when He said, "will go in and out and find pasture"???

Truly we have nicer things that those who do not know Him!!!

Prov 3:13,14 How blessed is the man who finds wisdom And the man who gains understanding.
For her profit is better than the profit of silver And her gain better than fine gold.

Do we not know that the Lord gives us His Holy Spirit, who also goes by the name Wisdom??

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Yeah the Lord speaks in sayings and parables, but does He not explain to those who listen?

Our Lord Jesus Christ sends us His Holy Spirit and from His mouth come information from the Father and the Son!! We know that, right. We know that because we are listening to Him, right?

Jn 16:13,14 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

We know this, right?? Or perhaps this is just another example of how we are not listening to the Lord like we should??

Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old,

We should know that the Lord speaks to us via His Holy Spirit who does not speak on His own initiative but whatever He hears He speaks. This should not be just book knowledge, but it should be to us a way of living- that we hear from the Lord daily via His Holy Spirit. This is the Word of God we are preaching!! That He speaks thou His Holy Spirit and to our spirit so that we find His words in our heart and even coming out our mouths sometimes. We are not reading the Word of God we are hearing the Word of God, Jesus Christ, via His Holy Spirit. We are reading the Scriptures because they are good for reproof, teaching, and instruction in righteousness - but they are a book and not the Teacher.

So again - who told you that we did not have nice things???????????????

It was not the Holy Spirit - I can tell you that!

His words are life to us!! His words are wisdom and more valuable than silver and fine gold!

Should we tell others about this?? Should our leaders, who are more concerned about their power and money and knowing God also be told this? His words are life to those who listen - and if we Christians, even us, would listen to Him then we would always have a leader who followed the Lord. And do you not know that if even one of us listens to Him, then their leader will be Jesus Christ and He does and says only what the Father tells Him. He will always be your leader if you listen! But things in the spiritual tend to manifest in the physical, do you not know this?

Satan does not control earth, expect that many have decided to give their God given free will to him to rule over them. Stop it. You have been give authority over the powers and authorities of this world. If we all stopped listening to Satan and obeying him, and instead we chose the Lord, He would quickly subdue our enemies. Yet there they are - with too much power and authority in this country. So lets us find listening to Him! He put before us both good and evil, so why are we, even His people, not actually choosing good and of course only God is good. If you choose Him you listen to Him!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've said . . .

You complained that we don't pray in your tower. We don't have to. God hears us where we are.

You've asserted that no one listens to God, and Jesus told you to say that. Or your angel, I forget which. And I'm saying that God would not tell you to say no one is listening to Him, because He knows for a fact that there are those who are listening.

Don't make this into something it's not.

Much love!
You didn't read what I wrote very well. I noted that few pray in the tower my church (not me) has for praying in. I work in it because that is what He asked me to do, among other things. I also noted that we can and should pray every day and even everywhere. So your understanding is just wrong. I don't expect that everyone reading hear comes to that prayer tower, and it would be silly to think so. So why do you think so?

And I didn't say "no one is listening to Him" - that is what you said!!

I said we are not listening to Him like we should - many Christians in general! I does however seem that your a good example of this, because I still have read nothing from you to indicate you do listen to Him. Still, I suspect that you have and some point. Most people who call themselves 'Christian' do have some understanding that God called them at some point. They are not usually wrong. The people who Moses spoke to were God's people. They even stood at the mountain of God and heard the Lord speak to them!! Yet after hearing from Him they were saying, "let not God speaks to us". And clearly the Lord was upset with them, as can be seen over and over and over, even though they were His people.

Heb 3:7-10
Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME,
AS IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,
WHERE YOUR FATHERS TRIED Me BY TESTING Me,
AND SAW MY WORKS FOR FORTY YEARS.
“THEREFORE I WAS ANGRY WITH THIS GENERATION,
AND SAID, ‘THEY ALWAYS GO ASTRAY IN THEIR HEART,
AND THEY DID NOT KNOW MY WAYS’;

That applied to them, His people then. And it is still written down in our Bible, so is it not applicable to us too?

Yet Today, even in the post, I have explained that I heard from Him Today, talking about this same thing, but I still have yet to hear you testify about such a thing in your life Today! Is not you testimony that you gave today a representation of who you are?

I have been saying that we need to hear from Him, and that is what needs to be done for change this country, but you are scoffing at is. I have given you many scriptures to back it up and shown you how it has been a problem and obviously still is, or how do you explain the state of this country? Yet you scoff at even the idea of hearing Him, and give no testimony about hearing Him. Is it not obvious there is a problem, and that it is even a problem that is more obvious when we read what is being written on this site!

Though honestly, we didn't need this site to see it or understand it. It is clear we don't have leaders in this country that listen to the Lord like we should! So either God lied, or we as a group or people called Christians, are not listening to Him like we should!!

I know there are some Christians who do listen to Him. I know some. But they are not so many. He once told me:

A MAN THAT LISTENS TO GOD IS AS RARE AS DIAMONDS IN THE ROCK.

It doesn't seem He lied about that either. BTW - scoffing is not the way to find Him. You have to believe He is there to find Him. If you believe He is there you will seek Him and find Him. If you find Him you find the King over the Kingdom of heaven, and hear from Him. He then also sends angels that He rules over you to watch over you and also minister to you! So you will get to know some of them also, or do you not even understand that if you get to know a King you will start to get to know something and even some in His Kingdom?

Prov 14:6 A scoffer seeks wisdom and finds none,
But knowledge is easy to one who has understanding.

Ps 91:11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Those who find the Lord should understand all this because it is just part of their life, just like is written in the Bible~!!

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sure ya can. If ya uses it to further the Lord's work and will. Other wise? It can and so oft times does become vanity and vexation of spirit.

God had a name for the kingdom of Israel to which you pretty well defined in your post.
You can find it in Deuteronomy 32:15-44. Jeshurun.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with the country isn't God fearing people or people that love God. It's the heathens that have taken over that bring plagues and troubles.

We don't battle with flesh and blood!!! We read that, right?

If we His people do actually fear Him, then we will listen to Him. If we love God, then obviously we will listen to Him! In fact, it is our listening to Him that creates that love for Him in us!!!

Mark 12:29,30 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’

See the verse above?? It tells us that if we keep the foremost command, which is "Hear, O Israel!" we SHALL LOVE THE LORD....

But we don't keep that like we should!! Too often we just pretend we love Him, but that love for Him comes from spending time listening to Him, not just pretending!

And again - as pointed out in the OP:
1 Sam 12:14 If you will fear the Lord and serve Him, and listen to His voice and not rebel against the command of the Lord, then both you and also the king who reigns over you will follow the Lord your God.
If we listen to His voice and not rebel against the command of the Lord = then the king (president and other leaders over us) will follow the Lord your God!!!

So what do we see?? Do we honestly think our current leaders of this country are following the Lord by listening to His voice and doing what He tells them?? Do we even talk to the Lord about them?

I heard a statement where over the last 20 years the percent of people in the USA claiming to be Christians and follow the Lord has gone down from about 70 % to about 40%. I forget the exact figures but that is close. That was shocking to me, but unfortunately not as surprising as I wish it was. People are still people!! So what happened and what is happening. It is not the "the heathens" it is that His people are not listening to His voice - just like is written!!! He said it would be that way!! And He does not lie!!

Over and over again, in the Bible we read about how when His people fall away from Him He lets things happen to Him. And when His people turn to Him, He comes to their aid!! That is what we read in the Bible, but the false prophets were always trying to deny it. That is the wrong thing to do!! The correct things to do is to consider the issues and then turn back to the Lord, seek Him, and listen to Him. He then comes to our aid!!

So are we to blame others or turn back to the Lord???

He wants us to turn to Him, get to know Him, listen to Him, and that will cause us to love Him, even if for no other reason that He again will show us that He is God and as such can certainly handle the powers, principalities, and dark spiritual forces of this world that get a hold of those people we want to label "heathens". So love the people (heathens of not) and the Lord. Listen to the Lord and do what He tells you, and you will find out that God so loved the Word that He gave us His Son, whose name is called "The Word of God" because Jesus Christ has the words of God for each of us personally!

Indeed, if one of those who we might call a "heathen" listens to me tell them about hearing the Lord and they turn to Him, they will get life, because He will send His Holy Spirit with His words for them. But if you, being grafted into the Jewish root, as Christians, decide that you will not listen to Him but will go back to leaning on your own understanding, then the heathen will be saved and the unprofitable will be cut off. That doesn't mean He will not continue to try and get you to listen to Him, but we all have choices.

Deut 30: 19,20 “I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

We choose life when we love the Lord our God, and note comes by obeying His voice!! But you don't obey Him if you don't listen to Him!!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is the only way!! We have to listen to His voice and not rebel against the commandments He personally tells us!!

The problem is the His people don't do that!!

Ex 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us ...

"LET GOD NOT SPEAK TO US" is what we say, just like those before us. So since we don't want to listen the Lord our God, we don't tell others to listen to the Lord our God - we thus raise our kids and not telling the to listen to the Lord our God, but we might make it about our knowing and our religious beliefs - but we don't listen to Him!!

1 Sam 8:19 Nevertheless, the people refused to listen to the voice of Samuel, and they said, “No, but there shall be a king over us,

So even when the Lord sent them prophets with His words, like Moses, which they said they would listen to, they did not listen to them either!!

Yeah - I am amazed at how our society has even good down hill in my time. The current state of our United States is appalling, but it is not surprising. It even seems to be exactly what the Lord said it would be. People calling right wrong, and what is wrong right. Yet do we not even understand that really, only God understanding of what's right and wrong counts??? If we did we would seek His voice, and thus listen to Him, which would result is us wanting others to listen to Him, like we do.

We got the leaders we deserve!!! God made sure of that!!! He always does!! If we were to seek Jesus Christ as the Word of God, so that we listened to Him, as a society, then we would have Christian leaders who actually listened to the Lord!! But if we who are called by Him don't actually seek Him after being called but go back to leaning on our understanding, then we don't listen to Him and we get what we have - and it is getting worse, isn't it?

It is our fault - not His. He is the One looking to help us!

Shouldn't we at least make others aware that He can be heard from???? It would be easier to do if we actually listened to Him ourselves!!

I woke up this morning, like every any other morning, and I opened up my spiritual ears, which I don't always do. I usually expect to hear the voice of my Lord and usually do. This morning I heard from Grace, and angel the Lord had working with me yesterday. I asked, "Ok what do we have for today?".

The angel got sooo excited and even giddy, and He said, "WE... HAVE.... THE.... LORD.... JESUS.... CHRIST.... FOR..... TODAY...!"

This angel, who has been serving the Lord Jesus Christ, for who knows how many years, was extremely excited that we had Him for another day!!!

The angels was like one kids telling another kid that they were going to Disneyland today.

Now I started talking to the Lord and He was asking me to post again today. Yet today He seemed to want it post in this section of the Christian forum. We have problems today, because we are not excited that we have Jesus Christ as our Lord today!!!

We have the Word of God who is with God and is God with us to talk to TODAY, and we are not excited about that!!!???

How is it that we can hear from God and not be excited about that, even Today?

If we listen to Him we would be excited. Even if we listened to His holy angels that He sends to minister to us, we would be excited to be able to spend another day with Him, but we obviously don't listen to Him - so we don't even hear the commands He has for us today to keep them.

Therefore the leaders we have over us don't hear from Him either ---- and we want to judge them!!

Yeah, they are also guilty before the Lord, but Christians are those having gotten a call from the Lord, so how more guilty are we that we have been called by Him but still don't listen to Him. Do we hate Him? Why don't we listen to Him who called us? We are not just pretending obedience, are we?

AGAIN

The above verse describes perfectly what He regularly tells me in a variety of ways. "If they would just listen to me, Karl..." He has so often said to me.

You want to make a quick change in our government, start listening to Him!!! It's the only way!! If we who have been called by His name (Christians) would just actually start listening to Him, then He would "QUICKLY" subdue our enemies.

He has me helping in a prayer tower, which is open for Christians to come and talk to the Lord, if they want a nice peaceful, comfortable, and quiet place to spend time talking to the Lord. It has to be the slowest ministry in the church. Ok - nobody has to come there to talk to the Lord. I know that. We should talk to Him all day long no matter where we are. But if someone wanted to make a difference in our government, they can come there and spend time praying for our leaders. It would make a difference, according to what the Lord has written. Do we even spend time listening Today? Read the other post on this forum and see if you can find anyone who is testifying about listening to Him?? It is said reading!
God has no relationship with America as a nation. God has only one relationship with a nation- Israel, and that relationship is still ongoing.

God knows not the unbeliever but only has relations with the body of Christ. He judges us as individuals. Whether the church is apathetic opr active has nothing to do with how the world responds or not. Man in inherently sinful and will find a way to sin all the more- as the time draws short.

Our job is not to try to turn America around but to gather in the harvest that is left to be brought in to the Masters barns.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has no relationship with America as a nation. God has only one relationship with a nation- Israel, and that relationship is still ongoing.

God knows not the unbeliever but only has relations with the body of Christ. He judges us as individuals. Whether the church is apathetic opr active has nothing to do with how the world responds or not. Man in inherently sinful and will find a way to sin all the more- as the time draws short.

Our job is not to try to turn America around but to gather in the harvest that is left to be brought in to the Masters barns.
Have you not read that we are grafted into the Jewish root??? How did you miss that???

Still - God has relationship with people. Nobody has a relationship with a nation!! We all have relationships with others - not nations!!

Both of these statement are and should be clearly obvious!! So why did Samuel explain that if those people listened to Him and kept the commands He gave them, that they would always have a leader who heard from the Lord? If you had talked to Him on this point you would have gotten answers personally from Him - and He makes sense!!

If we all talked with Him, and our leaders came from our midst, then of course our leaders would also listen to Him because they come from among us. And all the more so in a "Democracy!! It is like this: When I was growing up (back in the eighties, I saw studies where over 80% of the people in the USA counted themselves to be Christians!! Not too long ago I heard someone quoting these types of studies and they said in the nineties it was about around 65 - 70 percent of the USA called themselves "Christians", but now it was under 40 %.

So what happened that we have a so much lower percent of Christians? Well obviously numerous things, but one thing is for sure, we didn't do a good job of evangelism in our own country!! And why did that happen? Well, obviously because we stopped actually telling others about the fact that we can hear from the Lord our God!! And why did that happen? Well, obviously because we as a group stoped listening to Him and doing what He said!! And this has nothing to do with race or party!!!

Jimmy Carter called himself a Christian, but he was a democrat. Martin Luther King counted himself as a Christian in his work to peacefully get rid of prejudice. And Bush Jr claimed he was hearing from the Lord who told him he was going to be president. They according to all their testimonies were Christian men with some claim to be hearing from the Lord.

So it was relationship with people that the Lord was having (not nations - silly) in which the Lord our God was having!! When the percent of the people who know the Lord goes down, then the prospect of having leaders that know Him also goes down!!

Now that can change, but it will not change until we who still are supposed to know Him start listening to Him and doing what He is actually asking us to do - or do you not know that He wishes that none should perish and that the work of God is that all should come to know the Son? So when we listen to Him, obviously, He is going to have you doing something to get others to listen to Him!! Not nations, but people who make up the nations (all nations!!) Or have we not read sometime about from all tribes and nations?

Gen 19:6 “I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you.

God makes nations - groups of people! If we are "fruitful" He will make a nation an the kings will come forth from us!!

Therefore, since our leaders are not those who hear from the Lord, we were not "fruitful" - unless God is a liar, and I am not calling Him that!!

Gen 22:18 “In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

So are "all the nations of the earth" being blessed now because we have obeyed His voice?????

I first I hear from the Lord was in the summer of 1999, but I remember even before that how the world was getting helped because of the USA. Well, not always, but in soo many ways. Even when I came to the Lord Christianity was seeing a rapid and remarkable increase in China, and I read books like the God's Smuggler, where a man "Brother Andrew" and how he listened and got Bibles to eastern Europe, and then the Soviet Union's hold on those nations seem to get peacefully removed. That's a lot different from what we a seeing in Ukraine today.

So there are ways to do things and ways not to do them! And the way to do them is exactly how the Lord Jesus Christ personally telling you to do them!!

He is not talking to nations!! He is talking to those people who are willing to listen to Him, and then making nations of people!! You/ We are going to get what we get based on our group relationship with Jesus Christ!! It is just like Samuel wrote, and that to a people not listening to the Lord their God!! The Lord's patience ran out on them, so they who were a nation were not a nation. Yet the Lord mercy and grace is incredible, so incredibly again they are a nation!

And wasn't that to show us, who were a nation where 80 % of the people claimed to be Christians, could again be a Christian nation where people, including our leaders, listened to the LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS? But is starts with us who remain and still listen to Him! We need to get us who are not listening to Him to start listening to Him like we should! Because He knows how to instruct us to help other people to come to Him, get to know Him, and join us in listening to Him!!

They, the nation of Israel got cut off, but we got grafted in. Now the nation of Israel is even being bought back, but it the original branches got cut off because they did not listen, how are we going to fair if we refuse to listen to Him?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you not read that we are grafted into the Jewish root??? How did you miss that???

Still - God has relationship with people. Nobody has a relationship with a nation!! We all have relationships with others - not nations!!
Nations is "ethnos" which means people.
He is not talking to nations!! He is talking to those people who are willing to listen to Him, and then making nations of people!! You/ We are going to get what we get based on our group relationship with Jesus Christ!! It is just like Samuel wrote, and that to a people not listening to the Lord their God!! The Lord's patience ran out on them, so they who were a nation were not a nation. Yet the Lord mercy and grace is incredible, so incredibly again they are a nation!
We are all judged individually not as groups.
And wasn't that to show us, who were a nation where 80 % of the people claimed to be Christians, could again be a Christian nation where people, including our leaders, listened to the LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS? But is starts with us who remain and still listen to Him! We need to get us who are not listening to Him to start listening to Him like we should! Because He knows how to instruct us to help other people to come to Him, get to know Him, and join us in listening to Him!!
We never were an official "Christian nation". Christianity was the preferred religion and the most populous religion but not the official religion. Yes, if god allows we could be a majority Christian nation again, if people get saved and not just practice cultural Christianity.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nations is "ethnos" which means people.

We are all judged individually not as groups.

We never were an official "Christian nation". Christianity was the preferred religion and the most populous religion but not the official religion. Yes, if god allows we could be a majority Christian nation again, if people get saved and not just practice cultural Christianity.

Let me see if your definition of "ethnos" makes sense?

The verse reads : Gen 19:6 “I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you. God makes nations - groups of people! If we are "fruitful" He will make a nation and the kings will come forth from us!!

And you are claiming that nations is "Ethnos" which means "people" So then the verse would read, according to your definition: "...

God makes PEOPLE - groups of people! If we are "fruitful" He will make a PEOPLE and the kings will come forth from us!!

So God is going to make "people" of groups of people??? That doesn't seem to make sense. It seems "nations" of a group of people makes works better!! However the Scriptures explain that are should not argue of semantics - which is clearly where you are going. It is also where you had gone.

God, if we believe and listen to Him put us into a "group of people" which is what "Ethnos" means. Not people, but group of people, yet nations is a better fit because God "group of people" are governed and that by One King, the King of KINGS. Therefore is we find a Kingdom, and that over kingdoms/nations - thus the KING OF KINGS part. This explain why we are grafted into the Jewish root, while at the same time have rulers which we are expected to submit to in this world also.

So the KING OF KINGS, made a promise to people:

and the same thing in a slightly different way:

The things it that if we indeed listen to the KING OF KINGS, and not rebel against the commands of the KING OF KINGS, so that we would walk in His ways - He would quickly subdue our enemies and we would also have a king/leader/president who also would follow the Lord our God!!

We don't have that now, do we??

Therefore we as a group of people, nation, or ethnos (Americans if you want to just argue over semmantics) have not been listening to the Lord and have been rebelling against His commands to us!!! Either that of God is a lair - and you don't want to go there. Where you need to go is to the Lord our God, Jesus Christ, and actually listen to Him and do what He tells you!!!

If we as a "group of people, nation, or ethnos (Americans) would do that instead of trying to make it about semantics and whether ever other things we can think of to avoid listening to the Lord our God, Jesus Christ, then He would quickly change that situation!!!!!

And it is not arguing over semantics and doing whatever we think to avoid seeking the Lord and doing what He tells you!!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me see if your definition of "ethnos" makes sense?

The verse reads : Gen 19:6 “I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you. God makes nations - groups of people! If we are "fruitful" He will make a nation and the kings will come forth from us!!

And you are claiming that nations is "Ethnos" which means "people" So then the verse would read, according to your definition: "...
Well ethnos is the Greek NT not the Hebrew OT. Also it helps if you bother to look up the word instead of just arbitrarily plugging it in somewhere in an English translation!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well ethnos is the Greek NT not the Hebrew OT. Also it helps if you bother to look up the word instead of just arbitrarily plugging it in somewhere in an English translation!

I you still looking to argue semantics - instead of actually seeking the Lord and hearing Him??

When you hear from that small voice of the Lord, does He talk to you in Hebrew or Greek? Does He not use your language???

Indeed, Jesus spoke Aramaic when in the flesh on earth. So do you not realize that you are just being silly?

Here is what I don't understand, but find it often around the Christian churches I have been to. We read that His sheep hear His voice, and supposedly we then do hear His small voice. But when talking about Him and what He has to say to us, many don't seem to show any understanding! If that is the case have we done our job of preaching the Word of God correctly??

I don't think so. Too often people raise the Bible over their heads, and start making it about Hebrew and Greek writing, instead of actually getting to know the Lord personally! And that is exactly what I have been explaining. If you personally don't get your instructions from the Lord, then you are not hearing from Him. He is not the Bible, but His name is called the Word of God because we hear words from Him via His Holy Spirit, who takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ and gives them to us - like perhaps a living telephone line or like a zoom or Whatsapp call. And so when we do hear from Him, He speaks to us in our own language! Did we not read:

Acts 2:6 And when this sound occurred, the crowd came together, and were bewildered because each one of them was hearing them speak in his own language.

I continually find it incredible that I wind up writing back and forth to "Christians" who should be His sheep that hear His voice but give no indication that they are. How could anyone be hearing His voice on those days called "Today" and not understand that it is not about Greek, Hebrew, or even Aramaic?? It is about knowing our personal Lord and Saviour, the living and active Word of God whom we as His sheep hear from "Today"!!

If you heard Him speaking to you, you understand that " each one of them was hearing them speak in his own language." simply because that is how He speaks to us! If we indeed, as His sheep, were doing that like we are called to do, then even the leaders/king/President over us would also be someone who was hearing from the Lord. Of course is we don't, where are we going to find that leader who does??

Well, first off we can find Him in the person of Jesus Christ, but we don't do that. And since we don't do that we can find Him in our leaders. But if we as a group of people, did start doing that, then of course our leaders would be doing it also, because they would be one of us and come from our midst. But the leaders of our country don't seek Him, and that is because we don't seek Him, Therefore the prophecy given by Samuel comes to pass on our heads!! And the proof can even been seen right hear on this Christian forum. So how much more can it be seen in the government of this country?

Of course, at some point is was going to be that way.

Jer 24:3 Then the LORD said to me, “What do you see, Jeremiah?” And I said, “Figs, the good figs, very good; and the bad figs, very bad, which cannot be eaten due to rottenness.”

1 Cor 15: 33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good morals.”

Only God is good. If you want "good" company, then actually talk back and forth with the Lord our God, Jesus Christ!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that we have no short supply of church folks who teach us how not to obey the commandments…
The church is the body of Christ. When you condemn "church folks" you are condemning Christ.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I you still looking to argue semantics - instead of actually seeking the Lord and hearing Him??

When you hear from that small voice of the Lord, does He talk to you in Hebrew or Greek? Does He not use your language???

Indeed, Jesus spoke Aramaic when in the flesh on earth. So do you not realize that you are just being silly?
If you do not include the Word as written in seeking Him, prepare to be deceived. He will never contradict the Scriptures.

Any tingles, revelations or still small voices we may think we hear, if they do not align with His Word are to be rejected at all costs!

Reactions: Cassandra