The Palestinians, Israel and the Church's Attitude toward Both

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
This has been on mind for quite some time now, as to how the Church views the Palestinians, and Israel.

Off the top of my head I can say that most if not all of the Church today views Israel with some kind of magical awe.
They are the chosen ones of God, the super race of God and the Palestinians are the Islamic children of satan himself.

We offer up prayers for the protection of Israel and Jerusalem and preach messages of great inspiration of how much
we loves the Jews.
Yet we never stop and think about the atrocities that Israel perpetrates against the Palestinians on a daily basis because
in our thinking they are the sons of the devil.
We only tell of how bad they are and how much they want to destroy our beloved Israel.

But how many have actually checked and seen what Israel does to the Palestinians on a daily basis ?
And I'm talking about inside Israel, not Gaza.
How many are aware that Israel constantly harasses the Palestinians by burning down their farms, denying them water,
confiscating their land and dozens of other things that drive them to commit acts of violence against Israel.

Recently a Palestinian woman who was about to give birth was turned away at three different checkpoints by the Israeli
Army from going to a hospital.
Eventually they arrived at a fourth checkpoint with the hospital a mere two kilometres away and while her brother in law
was begging the Israeli Army permission to let her through, she gave birth in the vehicle.
So together she and her sister in law walked the two kilometres to the hospital where upon arrival the baby died.
Now had the Israeli's allowed her to go through at the first checkpoint the baby would have made it.

I ask you, does that not do anything in your heart, does that not trouble you ?
Man that really hurts me inside, it makes me so angry that a pregnant woman, a PREGNANT WOMAN loses her
child because of her nationality.
How would you feel if that was your wife, daughter or mother in your own country ?
Wouldn't you get fed up and rebel too ?
That should bother you too, that should really get you deep inside your heart as a person but more so as a Christian.

God created both peoples, Israeli and Palestinian, he does not love one more than the other ... the word says "for God so
loved the WORLD" ... THE WORLD, and that includes the Palestinians.
Do you think he loves them any less than Israel ?
No I don't, I think he weeps when he sees what is happening on both sides.

When is the last time you ever heard your Pastor stand up on a Sunday and say, "Let's pray for the Palestinians".
Never ?
No, we Christians are so enamoured by Israel that we discriminate against the Palestinians on "spiritual grounds".
What absolute nonsense ... let's call it for what it is ... racism ... we are racists, spiritual racists.

I live in south Africa and know only too well what discrimination and racism is all about, I've seen how we treated the
Black people of our land with my own two eyes and am therefore in a very good position to understand the problem
inside Israel.
Make no mistake, both sides are lying and committing acts of violence and aggression against each other.
And it is not going to stop ... not going to stop.
Israel will continue to racially abuse the Palestinians and the Palestinians are going to continue to rebel.

I've seen how the propaganda machine works I watched our old government treat black people with violence and
hatred and saw how the Black people themselves committed the very same acts and both claim innocence.
The Israeli situation with the Palestinians is no different at all.

But we as the church don't see that, we only see our beloved Israel and the wicked Palestinians.
Don't get me wrong I'm not for Islam and never will be, neither am I for the destruction of Israel and neither am
I for terrorism in any way shape or form.
But we have got to realise that God, almighty God does not condone racism, or hatred of ANY one people against another.
Christ died for everyone.

And commands us to love everyone ... do you love everyone Christian ?
Or are you selective ?

Yep today again Fox News reported that Israel is confiscating more land from the Palestinians ... 1000 acres in the West Bank.
Don't be surprised if the paw-paw hits the fan.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
The title led me to believe I might read an impartial, balanced take on this. Sounds like you've definitely taken sides. Not worth my time.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
The church of today has been deceived into believing that the children of Israel today are the children of God. While we can see below that Paul said “the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God”. Christians today still do not understand that the Jews that are living in Israel today can only be children of the flesh, for those of faith were all saved before Jesus returned in 70 AD, just as he told his disciples he would do.
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

When Paul speaks of the children of Israel being saved, he is speaking about those of faith, not those of the flesh. The Jews living in Israel today are of the flesh. There is no scripture to support the notion that Jesus will turn again to the Jews in Israel today. Can some still be saved? Yes, in the same way we have, by believing in Jesus.

Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

In conclusion, the land and people of Israel today, has been formed by man, not God!

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Enquirer said:
This has been on mind for quite some time now, as to how the Church views the Palestinians, and Israel.

Off the top of my head I can say that most if not all of the Church today views Israel with some kind of magical awe.
They are the chosen ones of God, the super race of God and the Palestinians are the Islamic children of satan himself.

We offer up prayers for the protection of Israel and Jerusalem and preach messages of great inspiration of how much
we loves the Jews.
Yet we never stop and think about the atrocities that Israel perpetrates against the Palestinians on a daily basis because
We only tell of how bad they are and how much they want to destroy our beloved Israel.

But how many have actually checked and seen what Israel does to the Palestinians on a daily basis ?
How many are aware that Israel constantly harasses the Palestinians by burning down their farms, denying them water,
confiscating their land and dozens of other things that drive them to commit acts of violence against Israel.

Recently a Palestinian woman who was about to give birth was turned away at three different checkpoints by the Israeli
Eventually they arrived at a fourth checkpoint with the hospital a mere two kilometres away and while her brother in law
was begging the Israeli Army permission to let her through, she gave birth in the vehicle.
So together she and her sister in law walked the two kilometres to the hospital where upon arrival the baby died.
Now had the Israeli's allowed her to go through at the first checkpoint the baby would have made it.

Man that really hurts me inside, it makes me so angry that a pregnant woman, a PREGNANT WOMAN loses her
How would you feel if that was your wife, daughter or mother in your own country ?
That should bother you too, that should really get you deep inside your heart as a person but more so as a Christian.

God created both peoples, Israeli and Palestinian, he does not love one more than the other ... the word says "for God so

When is the last time you ever heard your Pastor stand up on a Sunday and say, "Let's pray for the Palestinians".
Never ?
No, we Christians are so enamoured by Israel that we discriminate against the Palestinians on "spiritual grounds".
What absolute nonsense ... let's call it for what it is ... racism ... we are racists, spiritual racists.

I live in south Africa and know only too well what discrimination and racism is all about, I've seen how we treated the
Black people of our land with my own two eyes and am therefore in a very good position to understand the problem
inside Israel.
Make no mistake, both sides are lying and committing acts of violence and aggression against each other.
Israel will continue to racially abuse the Palestinians and the Palestinians are going to continue to rebel.

I've seen how the propaganda machine works I watched our old government treat black people with violence and
hatred and saw how the Black people themselves committed the very same acts and both claim innocence.

But we as the church don't see that, we only see our beloved Israel and the wicked Palestinians.
Don't get me wrong I'm not for Islam and never will be, neither am I for the destruction of Israel and neither am
But we have got to realise that God, almighty God does not condone racism, or hatred of ANY one people against another.

Or are you selective ?

Yep today again Fox News reported that Israel is confiscating more land from the Palestinians ... 1000 acres in the West Bank.
We all must realise that the problem is with both sides. Each side are doing barbaric things to each other that Jesus would not approve of in any way. Israel is not the Kingdom of God, it was a nation randomly selected by God, the people in Israel have no higher thrown than the people of the world. Israel was meant for all nations not against them.
We must also understand that each side is as bad as each other, they are working tit for tat. Hamas are firing rockets, Israel are firing rockets back.
But another thing people need to understand is that Israel are not purposely killing Palestinians, they are protecting their country. Hamas are hiding in schools and public places, where Israel will fire at Hamas, and accidentally kill innocents, the blood is on Hamas's hands.
I take no side. However i don't condone terrorists, so therefore, i am in no way supporting Hamas here, i support Israel and the Palestinian people.
I pray for peace for both sides in this conflict. But in my church, we do actually pray for the peace of all people. We have prayed for Israel and the Palestinian people.
God Bless.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Because of their disobedience to God, the Israeli's (Jews) were allowed by God, to lose their country, and were dispersed around the globe...the true Biblical Jews and Palestinians worked together through all the centuries, with no animosity in what is now called Israel but is actually Palestine...then in 1948 GB, US, and western powers arbitrarily decide it was time to give those abroad a country...so kick the Palestinians out and put in those who call themselves Jews/Israelis back in to run the show...who are these people who lead Israel today, and control the country? Ashkenazis? Sephardic? Khazars? no one seems to know...was it God's will that they be given this country in 1948 or whas it just a political decision by the western powers?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Read the Jewish talmud document, and you will see why the Jews treat other people so bad...in the talmud, all gentiles are no better than animals and can be treated as such...it gets worse, but read it for yourself...and some think the Koran is violent...check out the talmud, which governs the conduct of the ruling class of Israel now...a Jewish man by the name of Henry Makow has a website which explains this and a lot of other answers to the problems on planet earth!

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
First, the Israel that is there now is geographically not the promised land.

Second, if it's not the Israel of the Bible then these people have no rights to anything more than any other holders of land do.

We as Christians need to stop supporting the nation called Israel as if it was fulfillment of prophecy. Because it's not. Just a fallen nation.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Enquirer said:

we loves the Jews.

Never ?

inside Israel.

Or are you selective ?

<< How many are aware that Israel constantly harasses the Palestinians by burning down their farms, denying them water, confiscating their land and dozens of other things that drive them to commit acts of violence against Israel. >>

First: What "Palestinians." Until 1967, they were Jordanians because Jordan held the so-called "West bank" including half of Jerusalem.

After the '67 war, the Israeli's captured the rest of Jerusalem and drove the Jordanian army across the Jordan river. When the Jordanians who lived in the west bank tried to relocate into Jordan, the Jordanian army wouldn't let them come in. That's when they invented the "Palestinian people." And the Arabs have used those so-called "Palestinians" to wage undeclared, guerrilla war against Israel since the '67 war.

Second: Israel, with their 9 million people, has been attacked, with the goal of killing every Jew in Israel, by the combined military forces of all their neighbors ( well over a 100 million people) in every decade since the inception of the modern state of Israel. The first war to annihilate every Jew in the region started the day Israel declared themselves to be a state. Why? Because the Arabs hate Jews. And as current news should inform you, fundamentalist Arabs also hate Christians and take every opportunity to murder them, rape their women and children, and sell them as sex slaves.

But, I guess you think all that barbaric behavior is justified.

Israel doesn't fire thousands of rockets at Arab cities. Israel doesn't send it's teenagers to Arab weddings, mosques, schools, etc. to blow themselves up and kill as many Arabs as possible. Those are what the Arabs have been doing day after day and year after year since the first day of Israel's existence.

Israel is a tiny country founded by people who Hitler and like minded Jew-haters had tried to exterminate. And they are attacked every day for the simple reason that they exist, they breath air and they take up space.

I am constantly dismayed by the Jew-haters I encounter on a regular basis. It is particularly to find them in a purported Christian forum.

"You better find somebody to love."

<<I live in south Africa and know only too well what discrimination and racism is all about>>

So you decided to side with people who want all Jews dead. Sounds like you didn't learn squat

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Both sides have not followed the command to love their neighbour as themselves.

Neither side can or should be justified by Christians.

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
I don't think the Church has any more obligation toward Israel than we do toward any other nation - that is, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I think politics and the Church's role in Israel's affairs has become convoluted into being the same thing in some people's eyes, and that is dangerous. (But I don't think the US has any obligation to protect them either)

It bothers me that Israel itself will claim they have divine providence over this land, and believes it is their mission to drive out the Palestinians... These acts were abolished by God himself shortly after He gave the land to them.

"And you shall rejoice in all the good that the Lord your God has given to you and to your house, you, and the Levite, and the sojourner who is among you. When you have finished paying all the tithe of your increase in the third year, the year of tithing, then you shall give it to the Levite, to the stranger, to the orphan and to the widow, that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied." -Deuteronomy 26:11-12

What Israel is doing toward Palestine amounts to apartheid... bigotry... hate... genocide. The Church should have no place in Israel's behavior toward their neighbors - people for whom Jesus suffered and died.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
I agree christendom has no business supporting Israel as the promised land. They should be treated the same as any fallen nation.

And we should also end the error of thinking this is near the second coming due to the coming of this false Israel.

Until the real one comes, we are far far away.

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
pom2014 said:
...And we should also end the error of thinking this is near the second coming due to the coming of this false Israel...
I take it you are referring to Hal Lindsey's version of Revelations, which was so prolific that even the best of Christians were convinced of its validity... Jesus told us we would neither know the day nor the hour of His return... our human efforts at predicting His return, to me, distract from what He wants our focus to be... and that is getting everyone ready for His return!

False prophets are abundant, but are there any more than we've ever had? I don't know. I'm gonna stick with what I do know... Preach the Gospel til He comes back for us. As for the country called Israel, if they live by the sword they will die by the sword.

Reactions: HammerStone

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
I agree but many really believe that these are the very very last days.

That because in 1947 a bunch of British people all guilty about being antisemitic saw the horror of the final solution and said let's do something for the Jews.

Before then they treated Jews like scum, but because gerry went and killed millions of them now we have a conscience.

And because now they are the generation that an Israel come to be that means Jesus has finished his coffee and he's on his way come quickly lord.

I say what a bunch of hateful, arrogant people these are. They can't stand anymore of these supposed bad times (code for their white Anglo Saxon protestant ways are being limited) and want it to end so the poor dears won't have to suffer anymore uppity blacks and their infernal rap music, gay parades and weddings, socialist politics, women that won't submit even though they aren't stepping up to be leaders, multitudes of brown hispanics (because they don't know that the white skinned ones are until they say their name) are taking their precious toilet cleaning, crop picking in hundred degree heat and house cleaning jobs from whites that would rather be on the dole and dirt sand dwelling muslims that make gas go from 25 cents a gallon to four dollars (try European prices at six dollars a gallon or more if you can figure the metric conversions).

Yes its so absolutely dismal. No more Elvis, sock hops, soda fountains and getting to first base in the back of a desoto.

Now its ask gone topsy turvy and they can't eat their TV dinners in front of the tele because their eyes are gone, the doctor took away their massive sodium intake, they have no hair and they can't get their willies up without that lil blue pill.

The generation that said they'd NEVER be like their square parents that didn't like the odious rock and roll, adulterous short shorts and mini skirts, the free love, drugs and birth control pills and this whole long hair stuff.

Yet they became them.

What a horrid life they must live now.

What with the lessened rates of disease and infant mortality, the lack of world wars, the larger houses with baths as big as their room they grew up in or more, their multiple cars, their abundant choices of nearly anything they desire, the improved emergency services and access to information, healthcare and services.

They live in a golden age of mankind. But they still want Jesus to come fast so they don't have to die a skin draped skeleton in diapers surrounded by black and hispanic healthcare workers while forgotten by their children whom are all building their own empire that one day they will on and castigate their grandkids for spending too much time dating online, making commentaries on video games other people play and streaming every episode of a series while eating gluten free gluten because some blogger said its better because it doesn't harm organically raised transgendered penguins in south America.

So they will hate sinners by hastening their demise because they can no longer deal with their times.

Selfish.
Arrogant.
Wastrel.
Baby boomers.

I am ashamed that I must share the word Christian with these people.

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
pom2014 said:
I agree but many really believe that these are the very very last days.

Selfish.
Arrogant.
Wastrel.
Baby boomers.

I am ashamed that I must share the word Christian with these people.
Wow! Powerful meme! And I must say, I agree with you on most counts... BAM! You threw it out there!

I only take issue with your "shame"... You have no right to be ashamed of the people for whom our God was willing to sacrifice His own Son to save... You need it as much as they do. And Jesus had to suffer and die for your tiny sins as much He had to die for their big ones. Just sayin'...
Here's the latest: Israelis have decided to attack Palestinians by crippling their scant few economic opportunities... Olive tree groves are being chopped, hacked, destroyed, affecting 100's of thousands of Palestinians. Even though Israeli police have already talked to the perpetrators, they said they would have to investigate... No action taken... Apartheid and genocide is alive and well in Israel.
Despicable!

http://www.ipsnews.net/2015/04/environmental-terrorism-cripples-palestinian-farmers/

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
DogLady19 said:
Wow! Powerful meme! And I must say, I agree with you on most counts... BAM! You threw it out there!

I only take issue with your "shame"... You have no right to be ashamed of the people for whom our God was willing to sacrifice His own Son to save... You need it as much as they do. And Jesus had to suffer and die for your tiny sins as much He had to die for their big ones. Just sayin'...

Here's the latest: Israelis have decided to attack Palestinians by crippling their scant few economic opportunities... Olive tree groves are being chopped, hacked, destroyed, affecting 100's of thousands of Palestinians. Even though Israeli police have already talked to the perpetrators, they said they would have to investigate... No action taken... Apartheid and genocide is alive and well in Israel.
Despicable!

http://www.ipsnews.net/2015/04/environmental-terrorism-cripples-palestinian-farmers/
I have shame because these people are quite happy at sending people to death eternally because their right as reign with Jesus.

The I've got mine go expletive yourself. Or too bad, so sad, you had your chance, cry me a river.

The good Samaritan comes to mind, but these are the people that would leave the dying man on the road not to be bothered.

Shame I must be lumped in with them.

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
pom2014 said:
I have shame because these people are quite happy at sending people to death eternally because their right as reign with Jesus.

The I've got mine go expletive yourself. Or too bad, so sad, you had your chance, cry me a river.

The good Samaritan comes to mind, but these are the people that would leave the dying man on the road not to be bothered.

Shame I must be lumped in with them.
When it comes to Christians, I prefer to ask the Holy Spirit to convict them of their selfishness and sense of entitlement. And when I encounter one with such attitudes, I have no problem calling them out on it. But I don't ever want to lose sight of our prime directive - and that is to lead people to God's way, and once there, lead them to being more like Jesus. But I am not ashamed of them. Psalm 31:17 says they will have their own shame to deal with. I have no right to put shame on them or feel shameful on their behalf because my sins are not any better.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Ah but they have such great delusion they have no shame.

In fact they believe they are doing the will of God.

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
pom2014 said:
Ah but they have such great delusion they have no shame.

In fact they believe they are doing the will of God.
Yes, very sad... Only the Truth will set them free...