The Percentage of Catholics, Calvinism, Arminianism, or Other, On The Christianity Boards?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Percentage of Catholics, Calvinism, Arminianism, or Other, On The Christianity Boards?

• Catholic

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Calvinism

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Arminianism

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Mixture Of Calvinism/Arminianism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lutheran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Baptist

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Methodist

• Non Denominational

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Pentecostals

• Total voters

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Myself? I feel I'm a Mixture of Calvinism and Baptist, but disagree with some points of both.

....and it sure would help me to know what you call yourself so I will better know how to respond (with love of course) to your post ;)

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

I have never really liked any of the labels, as far as I am concerned I am a follower of Christ- I do not affiliate to any particular ' church ' , so I am not really sure what I would be !! Lol
Rita

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't believe in everything John Calvin taught. By the way what do you call yourself?

its on my profile on the left and also i'm not being disparaging or anything i'm just trying 2 establish wat u believe, so wat actual doctrine do u follow?

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never really liked any of the labels, as far as I am concerned I am a follower of Christ- I do not affiliate to any particular ' church ' , so I am not really sure what I would be !! Lol
Rita

Yea, maybe I should have a NON-DENOMINATIONAL attitude :) and instead be just A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita
Same as.

Reactions: Nancy and jshiii
B

Butterfly

Yea, maybe I should have a NON-DENOMINATIONAL attitude :) and instead be just A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST.
Yes, I guess I am non denominational - I use to go to a baptist church, but before that I went to an evangelical church , but had linked to the Methodist church. I cannot say I actually called myself an evangelical Christian, or a baptist or a Methodist. Many of the ' groups ' you mention I had not even heard of until I joined this forum - then all I began to see were the disagreements between all the groups- I mean, the first comment on your post was a negative one challenging you about what you believe in , and being critical about it.
Well at least you know 'dove ' is not a calvanist ! Lol

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I guess I am non denominational - I use to go to a baptist church, but before that I went to an evangelical church , but had linked to the Methodist church. I cannot say I actually called myself an evangelical Christian, or a baptist or a Methodist. Many of the ' groups ' you mention I had not even heard of until I joined this forum - then all I began to see were the disagreements between all the groups- I mean, the first comment on your post was a negative one challenging you about what you believe in , and being critical about it.
Well at least you know 'dove ' is not a calvanist ! Lol

Yea I totally agree. the first comment was a negative one. I'm gonna get rid of all this negativity between groups on this site. Or leave and dust my feet off while I walk out the door. But first I'll stay a bit longer and see what the Holy Spirit wants to show me. I'm sure he doesn't want to show me a bunch of discord and confusion.

I actually grew up in a Baptist/Evangelical type church. I now attend a Methodist Church :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl
B

Butterfly

Yea I totally agree. the first comment was a negative one. I'm gonna get rid of all this negativity between groups on this site. Or leave and dust my feet off while I walk out the door. But first I'll stay a bit longer and see what the Holy Spirit wants to show me. I'm sure he doesn't want to show me a bunch of discord and confusion.
I actually grew up in a Baptist/evangelical type church. I now attend a Methodist Church :)
Hope you stick around xx
I don't go along to any church now, I will one day, proberbly when I retire and no longer have to work on Sunday's xx
I didn't mind the Methodist, we use to link with them to do children's work. The minister there was much more open to the Holy Spirit. He had more than one church to watch over though, and they often use to rotate with other parishes - does that happen in the US ?
Rita

Reactions: jshiii

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope you stick around xx
I don't go along to any church now, I will one day, proberbly when I retire and no longer have to work on Sunday's xx
I didn't mind the Methodist, we use to link with them to do children's work. The minister there was much more open to the Holy Spirit. He had more than one church to watch over though, and they often use to rotate with other parishes - does that happen in the US ?
Rita

No, we have one Minister and he is not scared to confess his sins to the whole church. He is an honest man. I love honesty!

Disclaimer: I do not like the wave of "Prosperity Gospel" being preached across America! Joel Olsteen (Methodist background) is one of them. He is only a "Motivational Speaker."

Reactions: Nancy
B

Butterfly

No, we have one Minister and he is not scared to confess his sins to the whole church. He is an honest man. I love honesty!

Disclaimer: I do not like the wave of "Prosperity Gospel" being preached across America! Joel Olsteen (Methodist background) is one of them. He is only a "Motivational Speaker."

I hate the prosperity Christianity, I haven't listened to Joel Olsteen for a very long time, have read one of his books- have no idea if I agreed with what he said as it was too long ago.
Pleased you have a good minister- and honest one. That makes a lot of difference- I have been blessed to come under the ministry of two good ministers , one has retired now and the other one moved away ( miss them both ).
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and jshiii