The Place of God’s Rest:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Place of God’s Rest: Considering the Word says one must enter into His rest...it is important to consider the Rest said one must enter into. There is an Odd passage in Luke 9:57-60 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. [58] And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.[59] And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. [60] Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

“Lord, I will follow thee wherever you go.” Peter said the same. Luke 22:32-33 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. [33] And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.

Peter was ready to go with Jesus...both into prison, and to death. Yet, Jesus told Peter he would deny knowing Jesus and once “converted” to strengthen the brethren. As also in the above concerning “a certain man” who said to Jesus “Lord, I will follow you wherever you go.” ...follow Him in to death? The Son of man has no place to lay his head is important in ...Matthew 26:8-12 But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste? [9] For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor. [10] When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. [11] For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always. [12] For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial.

The Son of man was anointed for burial...John said John was to decrease...the Son of man for burial, Christ “the Son of God” risen from the dead and alive and to increase. The Son of man to no longer be the head ...but the Son of God is Head in: He is risen and alive evermore! In “she has poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial” they were filled with indignation considering it “waste”. another gospel speaks of Judas who held the bag “not that he cared for the poor” but concerned with the waste. Jesus Christ words echo or better yet fulfill Isaiah 66: 1-2 HE was bread for the poor ...feeding the poor and contrite of heart for generation upon generation in a way the “waste” spoken of could never accomplish. Isaiah 66:1-2 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? [2] For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord : but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

where is the house you build unto Me?
Where is the place of My rest?

A house built of God, and not man. A house with the Son of God as the Head, and not the Son of man who was laid to rest: passing from death into resurrection Life. How many times did Jesus say one must “pick up the cross and follow Me.” How many times did He say to enter into His rest: enter into His death to find Life? It is no longer the “son of man” as head ...but (my husband pointed this out last night) Matthew 16:15-18 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? [16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. [17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. [18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Who do you say He is? ...the Son of the living God.

Acts 7:46-50 Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob. [47] But Solomon built him an house. [48] Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, [49] Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? [50] Hath not my hand made all these things?

The prophets saith: “the most High dwells not in temples made with hands”
Where does the most High dwell?

Psalm 132:4-9 I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids, [5] Until I find out a place for the Lord, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob. [6] Lo, we heard of it at Ephratah: we found it in the fields of the wood. [7] We will go into his tabernacles: we will worship at his footstool. [8] Arise, O Lord, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength. [9] Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy.

The place of His rest ...the place of where He puts His peace and His Rest and and His Name and builds His tabernacle an dwells within: is Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Ephesians 2:13-22 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us ; [15] Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; [16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: [17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. [18] For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. [19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We find our 'rest', our 'security', and our 'peace' only in our relationship with Jesus.

We cannot be sure that a house will be safe, quite, peaceful etc but admid the termoil of an earthquake Paul and Silas knew Gods peace etc.

We can too.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We find our 'rest', our 'security', and our 'peace' only in our relationship with Jesus.

We cannot be sure that a house will be safe, quite, peaceful etc but admid the termoil of an earthquake Paul and Silas knew Gods peace etc.

We can too.

Makes me think of Philippians 4:7
[7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

We find our 'rest' and our 'peace' when we are 'secure' in our relationship with Jesus/God.

Jesus also told us that because we are secure in our relationship with Jesus/God that we will be dragged from our homes and put in front of magistrates and accused of being a 'Christian,' and even killed, but if it is God's intent that we should even die for our beliefs in Him, then what is that to us, if at the time of the great judgement, our demonstration of our love while we are even being killed, is countered towards us as righteousness. Will we be able to say like Stephan, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." Will we be able to forgive them.

Trying to save our life through having 'security' through our relationship Christ smacks having the wrong attitude towards Jesus/God. Jesus said those who try to save their life will lose their lives.

We become secure in our relationship with Jesus/God by the renewing of our minds and then the putting on the refurbished personhood that God intended us to be from the beginning of time.

If we seek security for our life, have we really put on the refurbished personhood that is in Christ/God.

In traveling to a third world country where it is an offence to even cause another person to change their faith from one to another is an offence and the consequence of being accused of this offence cab be brutal and life threatening, that 20 years ago, I had to decide before I left to be prepared to die for my faith. Sadly in the west this is also becoming a reality for those in a "safe" country, where others are making a statement that their God is bigger and stronger than our "Christian God," as they kill us, even by cutting off of our heads. And if we should die this way and God allows it, what is that to us if we have total faith in Him and His purposes.

Shalom

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We find our 'rest' and our 'peace' when we are 'secure' in our relationship with Jesus/God.

Jesus also told us that because we are secure in our relationship with Jesus/God that we will be dragged from our homes and put in front of magistrates and accused of being a 'Christian,' and even killed, but if it is God's intent that we should even die for our beliefs in Him, then what is that to us, if at the time of the great judgement, our demonstration of our love while we are even being killed, is countered towards us as righteousness. Will we be able to say like Stephan, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." Will we be able to forgive them.

Trying to save our life through having 'security' through our relationship Christ smacks having the wrong attitude towards Jesus/God. Jesus said those who try to save their life will lose their lives.

We become secure in our relationship with Jesus/God by the renewing of our minds and then the putting on the refurbished personhood that God intended us to be from the beginning of time.

If we seek security for our life, have we really put on the refurbished personhood that is in Christ/God.

In traveling to a third world country where it is an offence to even cause another person to change their faith from one to another is an offence and the consequence of being accused of this offence cab be brutal and life threatening, that 20 years ago, I had to decide before I left to be prepared to die for my faith. Sadly in the west this is also becoming a reality for those in a "safe" country, where others are making a statement that their God is bigger and stronger than our "Christian God," as they kill us, even by cutting off of our heads. And if we should die this way and God allows it, what is that to us if we have total faith in Him and His purposes.

Shalom

And you just discribed being secxure and resting in Jesus.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you just discribed being secxure and resting in Jesus.

I described it very differently as I did not say that I would have security as you did in your post which I have requoted below.

Being secure in your relationship with Christ/God is very different to having security in our relationship with Christ/God.

There is a very big difference between the two statements, and the attitude of the person's heart.

Shalom

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I described it very differently as I did not say that I would have security as you did in your post which I have requoted below.

Being secure in your relationship with Christ/God is very different to having security in our relationship with Christ/God.

There is a very big difference between the two statements, and the attitude of the person's heart.

Shalom

As it is Jesus who holds on to our faith and not us holding on to him I see no difference.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom

Luke 22:31-34
[31] And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. [33] And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. [34] And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

“There is a very big difference between the two statements, and the attitude of the person's heart.” Can you explain what you mean further? Fully believe I’m secure in God based off God...but fall apart when faced with the reality and certainty of death. Asking Him why?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 22:31-34
[31] And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. [33] And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. [34] And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

“There is a very big difference between the two statements, and the attitude of the person's heart.” Can you explain what you mean further? Fully believe I’m secure in God based off God...but fall apart when faced with the reality and certainty of death. Asking Him why?

I think you are hung up on being secure and in your mind that gives you security through your relationship with Christ/God. Being secure in Christ does not mean that a person has security. Look at the Parable in Matt 25 on the separation of the nations. Those who have a Hellenistic understanding of their relationship with God will be rejected and cast into the Lake of Fire.

Shalom

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are hung up on being secure and in your mind that gives you security through your relationship with Christ/God. Being secure in Christ does not mean that a person has security. Look at the Parable in Matt 25 on the separation of the nations. Those who have a Hellenistic understanding of their relationship with God will be rejected and cast into the Lake of Fire.

Shalom

When you say “Hellenistic understanding of their relationship with God will be rejected and cast into the Lake of Fire.” By “Hellenistic” do you mean hate of brother?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you say “Hellenistic understanding of their relationship with God will be rejected and cast into the Lake of Fire.” By “Hellenistic” do you mean hate of brother?

No being like Goats

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No being like Goats

By “Hellenistic” do you mean hate of brother? Matthew 25:41-45
[41] Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: [42] For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: [43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. [44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? [45] Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By “Hellenistic” do you mean hate of brother? Matthew 25:41-45
[41] Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: [42] For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: [43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. [44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? [45] Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

No, it is more like, if I do you a favour, then you owe me something in return. It is an attitude very prevalent in our society today. Yes, they called Jesus Lord, Lord, but their heart was focused on getting into "heaven" with the least amount of effort on their part. If they had seen Christ, hungry, then they would have feed Him, if they had seen Christ naked, then they would have clothed Him. Their focus was on saving their life. But Christ also told us that, those who try to save their life will lose their life because they did not understand Isa_58 and its implications.

Shalom

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is more like, if I do you a favour, then you owe me something in return. It is an attitude very prevalent in our society today. Yes, they called Jesus Lord, Lord, but their heart was focused on getting into "heaven" with the least amount of effort on their part. If they had seen Christ, hungry, then they would have feed Him, if they had seen Christ naked, then they would have clothed Him.

Basically what He said. Matthew 25:42-44 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: [43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. [44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Did Jesus go see John in prison?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Basically what He said. Matthew 25:42-44 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: [43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. [44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Did Jesus go see John in prison?

A very good point you are raising. However, did Jesus minister to John the Baptist through other means to reassure John that He was indeed the Messiah?

Shalom

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A very good point you are raising. However, did Jesus minister to John the Baptist through other means to reassure John that He was indeed the Messiah?

Shalom

Seems the message sent to John in prison about to loose his head for the sake of “Thy kingdom come. Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.” Still remains on topic of: the place of His Rest. Christ did not fail in keeping Matthew 25:42-44 to the fullest: “For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: [43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. [44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?”

Christ did not fail John in not visiting John in prison...it was to be in “I must decrease and He must increase.” John’s remaining in prison tells a lot in that is where each of us not yet decreased awaits, until one looses his head for the sake of the gospel and Christ becomes the Head. Until HE appears unto salvation and opens the prison door letting those captive go, called of the Father to light...His increasing in, our decrease. John was released from death, Christ did visit John in prison in He came to set the captives of death free. John was blessed in “blessed is he who is not offended in Me.”

“I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: [43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. [44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?”

He gives those hungry meat for their health. He gives those thirsty for His righteousness living Water to drink. He gives those naked a garment of everlasting praise. He gives those sick Healing and forgives them of their sins and trespass against God. He gives those captive in prison an everlasting freedom from death and deliverance from all evil. He ministered to the poor in “I am among you as he that serveth.”

Hebrews 5:11-14 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. [12] For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. [13] For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. [14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Have we become dull of hearing? Acts 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seems the message sent to John in prison about to loose his head for the sake of “Thy kingdom come. Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.” Still remains on topic of: the place of His Rest. Christ did not fail in keeping Matthew 25:42-44 to the fullest: “For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: [43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. [44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?”

Christ did not fail John in not visiting John in prison...it was to be in “I must decrease and He must increase.” John’s remaining in prison tells a lot in that is where each of us not yet decreased awaits, until one looses his head for the sake of the gospel and Christ becomes the Head. Until HE appears unto salvation and opens the prison door letting those captive go, called of the Father to light...His increasing in, our decrease. John was released from death, Christ did visit John in prison in He came to set the captives of death free. John was blessed in “blessed is he who is not offended in Me.”

“I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: [43] I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. [44] Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?”

He gives those hungry meat for their health. He gives those thirsty for His righteousness living Water to drink. He gives those naked a garment of everlasting praise. He gives those sick Healing and forgives them of their sins and trespass against God. He gives those captive in prison an everlasting freedom from death and deliverance from all evil. He ministered to the poor in “I am among you as he that serveth.”

Hebrews 5:11-14 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. [12] For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. [13] For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. [14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Have we become dull of hearing? Acts 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

It seems that John was secure in his relationship with God. The fact that he lost his head did not change that John was secure in who Jesus was.

People who are looking for security through their relationship with Christ, do so on their terms and not on Christs terms.

Twenty years ago when I first began travelling to a third world country, I had to decide before I went whether or not I was prepared to die in that country for what I believed in. I quickly realised that I had to be secure in my relationship with Christ and everything else was taken care of from that point in my travels.

We can present flowery posts on the topic of God's rest, but the reality only occurs when the rubber meets the tarmac.

The biggest opposition I faced was from Americans who "knew it all" and engaged in open warfare against every demon under each rock or behind each tree or door. In 2001, when conflict was approaching the city we were living in, they were on their knees praying for God to take away the conflict from His "Good and faithful Servants." They were concerned about themselves, and could not see the opportunities that lay before them if they had had the faith to step out with Christ into the circumstances that was presenting itself to them to speak into and present the risen saviour.

Their biggest concern was that I was different to them and they were looking for an excuse to ostracise me from their midst. They already know all of the answers and so they were not listening to what I was offering up in my defence.

Instead of blessing me they cursed me to protect themselves from having to approach God in a very different way.

Shalom

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that John was secure in his relationship with God. The fact that he lost his head did not change that John was secure in who Jesus was.

People who are looking for security through their relationship with Christ, do so on their terms and not on Christs terms.

Twenty years ago when I first began travelling to a third world country, I had to decide before I went whether or not I was prepared to die in that country for what I believed in. I quickly realised that I had to be secure in my relationship with Christ and everything else was taken care of from that point in my travels.

We can present flowery posts on the topic of God's rest, but the reality only occurs when the rubber meets the tarmac.

The biggest opposition I faced was from Americans who "knew it all" and engaged in open warfare against every demon under each rock or behind each tree or door. In 2001, when conflict was approaching the city we were living in, they were on their knees praying for God to take away the conflict from His "Good and faithful Servants." They were concerned about themselves, and could not see the opportunities that lay before them if they had had the faith to step out with Christ into the circumstances that was presenting itself to them to speak into and present the risen saviour.

Their biggest concern was that I was different to them and they were looking for an excuse to ostracise me from their midst. They already know all of the answers and so they were not listening to what I was offering up in my defence.

Instead of blessing me they cursed me to protect themselves from having to approach God in a very different way.

Shalom

Thank you for sharing a part of your testimony. Maybe I would also be as they were; on my knees praying instead of having the strength needed when as you said “the rubber meets the tarmac.“ not sure what you mean but the saying here would maybe be “when the rubber hits the asphalt”?

Prepared to die...I’d ask though should death not have already come in “He who will lose his life for My name sake, will find Life.” If you assume I believe “good and faithful” means no suffering...that is not it but the opposite. One thing I’ve seen though is ...the Holy Spirit come to the surface when I’m in a place where there is no strength left ...so I’m confident He doesn’t leave us stranded or forsaken, if that time comes and are near losing our life by the hands of men (literally)...if that is His Will would He not Give power to the weak in even Christ said the flesh was weak but the Spirit was willing and able. You are right...if I was in that place I would cry like a baby...but with Him the impossible is possible.

Do believe you are right about John. Still it is profound...there John sits in prison and He who came to set the captives free ...doesn’t go to visit and get him out.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Remember the expression "Good and faithful servant" is only found in the Parable of the Talents and the good and faithful servants are the servants of Satan. It is a little sobering to consider that the religiously pious will actually be continuing Satan's oppression of the people of the earth.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the expression "Good and faithful servant" is only found in the Parable of the Talents and the good and faithful servants are the servants of Satan. It is a little sobering to consider that the religiously pious will actually be continuing Satan's oppression of the people of the earth.

Not prepared to go there...but there is definitely more there than is commonly accepted.

Matthew 25:26-27
[26] His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: [27] Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

John 2:14-16 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: [15] And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; [16] And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

By the way, in the testimony you shared...I’m sorry they cursed you.

Last edited: