The Place-of-safety

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
THE PLACE OF SAFETYJerusalem fell to the Romans, in 70 A.D., after a 143 day siege. Over 600,000 Jews were slain with many more thousands taken into captivity/slavery. This tragedy, one of the worst to happen to the nation of Israel, provides “the end time” saints with vital survival information.A Roman tactic for fortress sieges were similar to a modern day military tactic used in the Gulf War. Iraq attacked and occupied Kuwait under hostile circumstances in 1990-1991. The United States coordinated a multinational force for the liberation of Kuwait. The multi-nation force, prior to the conflict known as The Gulf War, spent months transporting troops and supplies to the region. When the military leaders decided that there were enough troops and supplies to fight Iraq, they attacked. The conflict was over in forty seven days.Similarly, Roman legions, before a siege, would stage a reasonable distance away from the fortress. Rome’s military leaders would attack after accumulating enough troops and supplies. Roman roads and aqueducts that still stand today, attest to their commitment to conquering a region. These roads and aqueducts were built by the legions, not as benevolent gestures to those conquered nations, but as supply lines.One could be sure the zealots in Jerusalem were well informed of Roman tactics. One could also be sure that the zealots were aware that Jerusalem was not an impregnable fortress. The armies of King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon conquered Jerusalem five hundred and fifty seven years earlier, leaving the city in ruin.If you were alive in Jerusalem just before the 70 A.D. siege, would you have stayed or would you have fled early when Rome began to accumulate troops and supplies? If you are like most people you probably would have fled. So why did the Jews stay?A FORTRESS SIEGE ON JERUSALEM600,000 Jews died with the belief that the 70 A.D. Roman siege on Jerusalem was fulfilling Old Testament prophetic passages. They also believed, according to the predictions, that MESSIAH would protect Jerusalem against the assault.Zech 14:1-31 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.(KJV)They were correct about MESSIAH coming to protect the inhabitants of “Mount Zion” from a fortress siege. MESSIAH, unfortunately for the 600,000, did not come then. Their misfortune, however, did not negate this prediction of a future siege on Jerusalem. So what is the implication?DELIVERENCE ON MOUNT ZION‘The Prophetic Scriptures’ graphically describe “Mount Zion” in Jerusalem as a haven for a pocket of saints which will survive to the advent of MESSIAH.Joel 2:3232 And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls.(NIV)The Jews have known this for thousands of years. This is why 600,000 Jews stayed in Jerusalem in 70 A.D. and this is why they flock to Jerusalem today.GOD PROTECTS MOUNT ZIONGOD will protect the inhabitants of “Mount Zion” during “The Great Tribulation” (with a column of smoke and a pillar of fire),,,Isa 4:5-65 And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.6 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.(KJV)...just as HE protected Israel against Egypt while in the wilderness.In Yehoshua,Guy Smith

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I may have missed your point entirely, but the Bible never promises any safety other than to escape in Christ. One cannot have confidence in a cache of money, survivalist methods, a specific geographic spot on the earth, or even in a cadre of friends.Our lives are hidden in Christ. Apart from Him, there is no hiding at all.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (guysmith @ Apr 7 2009, 07:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72002
THE PLACE OF SAFETYA FORTRESS SIEGE ON JERUSALEM600,000 Jews died with the belief that the 70 A.D. Roman siege on Jerusalem was fulfilling Old Testament prophetic passages. They also believed, according to the predictions, that MESSIAH would protect Jerusalem against the assault.Zech 14:1-31 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.(KJV)They were correct about MESSIAH coming to protect the inhabitants of “Mount Zion” from a fortress siege. MESSIAH, unfortunately for the 600,000, did not come then. Their misfortune, however, did not negate this prediction of a future siege on Jerusalem. So what is the implication?
Hi, the prophecy of Zechariah has never happened yet. The study notes and the books written on it are wrong. All the books of prophecy was sealed until the time of the End, Daniel 12:4,9. The seal has been opened and we are in the End times. Check out the first verses of Zechariah 14:1 Behold the day of the Lord comes . Just what it says. We know the Lord comes to earth and destroys the nations that have gone against Jerusalem. This is a prophecy fixing to be fulfilled. The word "DAY OF THE LORD" means he is coming. In the very near future. The whole chapter is about the Lord's coming and the tribe of Judah being brought back with him to fight for they are HIS BOW in the coming Kingdom of God. That's the promise of God to that tribe. QUOTE
DELIVERENCE ON MOUNT ZION‘The Prophetic Scriptures’ graphically describe “Mount Zion” in Jerusalem as a haven for a pocket of saints which will survive to the advent of MESSIAH.Joel 2:3232 And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls.(NIV)The Jews have known this for thousands of years. This is why 600,000 Jews stayed in Jerusalem in 70 A.D. and this is why they flock to Jerusalem today.
If you will read Isaiah 43, it speaks about the time of God removing the 144000 seeds of Jacob out of Zion and through the fire to be taught by him for 1260 days and come back with him as Revelaton 14:6 speaks about their being virgin, because they have become changed by God. GOD PROTECTS MOUNT ZIONQUOTE
Isa 4:5-65 And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.6 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.(KJV)
These are beautiful verses. I love them. Though, these verses are giving a vivid description of what it will be like with the tent over all of us who have been grafted in with the Jews in the country of the Holy Mountain and Jerusalem where the Lord dwells, this is after the return of God. ...just as HE protected Israel against Egypt while in the wilderness.Vickie

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello richardP,You stated; I may have missed your point entirely, but the Bible never promises any safety other than to escape in Christ. My response: On the contrary, Revelation 12 states three separate times that the woman will be divinely protected and fed… http://www.christianityboard.com/index.php?showtopic=10757 …during the 1260 days of the Great Tribulation period. You stated: One cannot have confidence in a cache of money, survivalist methods, a specific geographic spot on the earth, or even in a cadre of friends.My response: I agree with you three out of four. The Bible is very specific that Mount Zion (a specific geographic spot on the earth) will be protected.You stated: Our lives are hidden in Christ. Apart from Him, there is no hiding at all. My response: Have you prayed about this?Luke 21:36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. In Yehoshua,Guy Smith

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello Vickie,You stated: If you will read Isaiah 43, it speaks about the time of God removing the 144000 seeds of Jacob out of Zion and through the fire to be taught by him for 1260 days and come back with him as Revelaton 14:6 speaks about their being virgin, because they have become changed by God. My response: Thank you for your response. I reread Isaiah 43 and as I understand it, if anything, God is calling Jacob back to Zion.Isaiah 43: 5Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; 6I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; You stated:These are beautiful verses. I love them. Though, these verses are giving a vivid description of what it will be like with the tent over all of us who have been grafted in with the Jews in the country of the Holy Mountain and Jerusalem where the Lord dwells, this is after the return of God. ...just as HE protected Israel against Egypt while in the wilderness.Vickie My response: Verse 5 states that "the Lord will create"... "a defence" for the "assemblies" of "mount Zion." This indicates to me that this passage will be fulfilled prior to Christ's advent. Isaiah 4:5And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence. If this chapter was describing a time after return of Christ, then we would be ruling (with Christ) with a rod of iron and would not need a "defence."In Yehoshua,Guy Smith

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You stated: Our lives are hidden in Christ. Apart from Him, there is no hiding at all. My response: Have you prayed about this?In Yehoshua,Guy Smith------------I have lived it Sir and it is the truth. I would not be participating in this pleasant chat if it were not true.My question to you is whether you have prayed about finding a hiding place APART from Christ Jesus.There is nowhere upon the earth, beneath it or above it where you can hide from His presence.As for me, I rejoice in that fact and have chosen to hide in the only place in the Universe where I can find eternal safety.The blood of the lamb hides me. There is no place else and no other way except in Jesus....and that's a fact.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
Hello Vickie,You stated: If you will read Isaiah 43, it speaks about the time of God removing the 144000 seeds of Jacob out of Zion and through the fire to be taught by him for 1260 days and come back with him as Revelaton 14:6 speaks about their being virgin, because they have become changed by God. My response: Thank you for your response. I reread Isaiah 43 and as I understand it, if anything, God is calling Jacob back to Zion.[/color]Vickie's response: Glad to speak with you! I re read verse 5 God is telling the Seed of Jacob that he will bring their offspring to them, gathering them from the east and the west, gathering them out of places to live in the kingdom with Jacob in the kingdom being set up. It is about Zion and Jacob, but verse 5 is God reassuring them His promise to the offspring. It is really a beautiful love of God being expressed to them. Isaiah 43: 5Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; 6I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; You stated:These are beautiful verses. I love them. Though, these verses are giving a vivid description of what it will be like with the tent over all of us who have been grafted in with the Jews in the country of the Holy Mountain and Jerusalem where the Lord dwells, this is after the return of God. ...just as HE protected Israel against Egypt while in the wilderness.Vickie My response: Verse 5 states that "the Lord will create"... "a defence" for the "assemblies" of "mount Zion." This indicates to me that this passage will be fulfilled prior to Christ's advent. Isaiah 4:5And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence. [color="#FF0000] Vickie says: God has several things that take place in bring his treasured possession into the kingdom with Him. He first removes the Seed of Jacob into the wilderness to create in them a new heart, they are changed, made virgin for him, they come to know Christ. God is also busy with the Saints for 3 1/2 yrs with us going through the fire and impurities being worked out of us. God calls Jacob's offspring, their children His Son's and daughter's also in this verse. There are three stages of events being spoken about in chapter 43. The removal of Jacob through the fire, then the gathering of the offspring from afar, the east and the west, verse 7, seems to be everyone including the resurrection, for it says whom I created for my glory, all of us and Jacob's seed, verse 9 seems to be our entering into Judgment against the nations and witness for the Lord as verse 10 declares this. Then the Lord finishes his proclamation of stating His claim, no one can deliver out of His hands that which he said he would do. And yes we are with God and we are ruling with the rod of Iron, who is Christ as these verses 10-13 describe God's rule of iron on the people and we are in agreement with HIM. He will destroy then all the nations that have gone against Jerusalem. The description of the events are short, one verse, one sentence descriptions but are saying so much. Thanks Vickie