The Plight of the Messianics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the basic church congregations as seven...

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 1:20 - Revelation 2:1

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

During the times of the first Messianic church it seemed the first church was dissipating away into what I would call the Smyrnaen church age, or the first age of the Gentiles. Which at that time, due to the Roman persecution, was non-denominational.

…and ye shall have tribulation ten days… - Revelation 2:10

Foxes book of Martyrs has the Roman persecutions as ten. The Smyrnaean Church age began with the Roman Emperor Nero burning down Rome and accusing the Christians of doing it. Smyrna in the Greek means “Myrrh,” in which the Smyrnaean martyrs represented the most pure form of Christianity of all the church ages. The martyred crowns were many as the Smyrnaean church age progressed.

Ye Shall Have Tribulation Ten Days…
Time Persecutor Description
67 AD Nero The Smyrna Church Age begins with Nero setting fire to Rome, and then blaming the Christians
81 AD Domitian Declaration that no Christian should be exempt from punishment, Paul’s Timothy died in 97 AD.
108 AD Trajan and Adrian Severe persecution against Christians from 108 to 138 AD during the time of the Bishop Ignatius
162 AD Marcos Aurelius Marcos Aurelius, commendable in study of philosophy, sharp and fierce towards Christians.
192 AD Severus This persecution was carried out by the will and prejudice of the people and extended into Africa.
235 AD Maximus Numberless Christians were slain without trial and burned indiscriminately in heaps
249 AD Decius Began because of the amazing increase in Christianity, and with the heathen temples forsaken.
257 AD Valerian The martyrs that fell during this persecution were innumerable, their tortures and deaths painful.
274 AD Aurelian A brief persecution that ended with the emperor’s assassination.
303 AD Diocletian The last persecution ended with Constantine’s triumph against Rome in 313 AD

Just before the persecution of Nero we have Paul in Jerusalem…

30 And all the city was moved, and the people ran together: and they took Paul, and drew him out of the temple: and forthwith the doors were shut.
31 And as they went about to kill him, tidings came unto the chief captain of the band, that all Jerusalem was in an uproar
32 Who immediately took soldiers and centurions, and ran down unto them: and when they saw the chief captain and the soldiers, they left beating of Paul. - Acts 21

It is a wonder the Apostle Paul did not start a civil war as the great Jewish revolt was only a decade away.

* The Romans would retake Jerusalem in AD 71. Despite the upheaval brought by the revolt, and the destruction of the Temple, Jewish life continued to thrive in Judea.
* In 132, the revolt led by Bar Kokhba quickly spread from central Judea across the country, cutting off the Roman garrison in Aelia Capitolina (Jerusalem). The Bar Kokhba revolt greatly influenced the course of Jewish history and the philosophy of the Jewish religion. Despite easing the persecution of Jews following Hadrian's death in 138 CE, the Romans conquered and barred Jews from Jerusalem.

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. - Luke 21:24

During this time the Messianic Christian also seemed to dissipate away in which the apostolic writings seems to be all that is left of it.

Jerusalem is no longer trodden down under the feet of the Gentiles… The Messianic congregation seems to be coming back. My dad dated a Jewish lady who was also Catholic. According to that lady most Jewish Christians she knows are Catholic.

Will the Messianic congregation make a comeback in these last days?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently God the Father has a book of life as well…

31 And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
33 And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book. - Exodus 32

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for this thread! :)
Thank you for your participation here…

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. - Romans 3:1-2

Reactions: amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What advantage is there? Good question. I've only recently come to understand that, being of Hebrew descent, albeit ancient, I'm viewed as a Jew. That's fine, I already have this unexplainable love for, and attraction to, my distant kin, Messianic, Orthodox, or other.
For some strange reason that I have difficulty understanding, I can feel my Hebrewnish in my bones...in my D.N.A.
I, Truman Coates, am a Jew! Man, it still, somewhere in me, seems unreal.

Reactions: Ancient

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messianic Judaism is a modern syncretic[1] Christian[2][3] religious movement that incorporates some elements of Judaism and Jewish tradition[4][5][6][7] with Evangelical Christianity. The movement emerged in the 1960s and 1970s from the Hebrew Christian movement[8]and the Baptist[9] organization Jews for Jesus[10][11] founded in 1973 by Conservative Baptist minister Martin Rosen.[12]

Messianic Jews believe that Jesus is the Messiah, and that the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) and New Testament are the authoritative Scriptures.[13][14] Salvation in Messianic Judaism is achieved only through acceptance of Jesus as one's savior,[11][15][16] and Jewish lawdoes not contribute to salvation.[15][16] Belief in Jesus as a messiah and divine is considered by Jews to be the defining distinction between Christianity and Judaism.[17][18][19] Evangelical groups usually accept Messianic Judaism as a form of Christianity.[20] - Messianic Judaism - Wikipedia

Reactions: Truman

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What advantage is there? Good question. I've only recently come to understand that, being of Hebrew descent, albeit ancient, I'm viewed as a Jew. That's fine, I already have this unexplainable love for, and attraction to, my distant kin, Messianic, Orthodox, or other.
For some strange reason that I have difficulty understanding, I can feel my Hebrewnish in my bones...in my D.N.A.
I, Truman Coates, am a Jew! Man, it still, somewhere in me, seems unreal.
I have often thought that Messianic + Word of Faith as a wonderful combination. Especially as the scripture says…

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. - Romans 1:16-17

God bless my friend!

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just uploaded the Faith video and hate I set it on premiere. It is now public, apologies.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want to bounce on the tightrope and bounce up to Him. He says, No, Ron, I want you to continue walking the tightrope."
I say, "But it's scary and I'm all alone." Heaven shakes it's head. Lol

Reactions: rockytopva

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ode To Borat (Truman's Response)
Throw the Jew down the well, throw the Jew down the well.
He deserves it......we can tell, throw the Jew down the well!

I should probably get a DNA test done. But no matter what I do, someone is going to hate me.
The word of the Lord came to me and said, "You are a Levite."
I will take that to the grave. Shalom.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have often thought that Messianic + Word of Faith as a wonderful combination. Especially as the scripture says…

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. - Romans 1:16-17

God bless my friend!
Thank you for sharing this here my friend. Many years ago I listened to RW Shambach on the radio. Just now I listened to the message you posted and enjoyed it thoroughly. RW Shambach the man may be gone from us, but the Word that God gave to him and to us remains always with us.
Give God the glory!

Last edited:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing this here my friend. Many years ago I listened to RW Shambach on the radio. Just now I listened to the message you posted and enjoyed it thoroughly. RW Shambach the man may be gone from us, but the Word that gave to him and to us remains always with us.
Give God the glory!
Thanks! Your input here has been great! And… God bless my friend!

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one come to the Father but by Me."
So true.
There is such depth to God's words.
Open our eyes to deeper revelation into Your word.
Awesome beyond understanding is our God.

Reactions: amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I follow an ultra-orthodox Jewish scholar who specializes in the lost ten tribes of Israel, and if I read him correctly, believes that Jesus is Messiah, and that He came the first time for the house of Israel. That He is returning for the house of Judah. That it's almost like 2 covenants.
He says that when the ten tribes return to Israel, the church needs to come with them, as it is also a part of Israel.
God judges us by the light that we walk in.
What if some are still under the old covenant? You might say that there is no daily sacrifice. But Christ was slain before the foundations of the earth.
I know that there are still many dots to be connected in my understanding. But I have to honestly say that He is slowly connecting them, one at a time.
I do believe that He recently gave me these words for a song I put together:
"No one can understand...the full extent of Your sovereign plan."
upload_2021-8-28_15-10-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-8-28_15-18-40.png
    upload_2021-8-28_15-18-40.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2021-8-28_15-18-50.png
    upload_2021-8-28_15-18-50.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 0

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is the word of God...the Tanakh is the word of God.
I'm not saying anything, I'm just speculating. God has made promises to Israel that have not yet been fulfilled.
Then there's the 12 tribes in the book of Revelation. The word of God means what it says...except for there?
I did find an online Messianic group that accepts Jews, Hebrews, and Christians...but seem to be cessationists.
I'm called to this...I can't ignore it.
Okay, who's gonna pile on me the love of Christ first?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Messianic Judaism is a modern syncretic[1] Christian[2][3] religious movement that incorporates some elements of Judaism and Jewish tradition[4][5][6][7] with Evangelical Christianity. The movement emerged in the 1960s and 1970s from the Hebrew Christian movement[8]and the Baptist[9] organization Jews for Jesus[10][11] founded in 1973 by Conservative Baptist minister Martin Rosen.[12]

Messianic Jews believe that Jesus is the Messiah, and that the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) and New Testament are the authoritative Scriptures.[13][14] Salvation in Messianic Judaism is achieved only through acceptance of Jesus as one's savior,[11][15][16] and Jewish lawdoes not contribute to salvation.[15][16] Belief in Jesus as a messiah and divine is considered by Jews to be the defining distinction between Christianity and Judaism.[17][18][19] Evangelical groups usually accept Messianic Judaism as a form of Christianity.[20] - Messianic Judaism - Wikipedia
I do not believe the so called Messianic Jews are truly about Jesus Christ at all. They have another Jesus.

Truly born again Christians are not about acceptance of Jesus as one's saviour, you do not accept him, he accepts you in fact and you obey in him, because you are one with him. not lost like they are, sure you must seek and hope to be found.

The Commandments are solid as ever foundation given by God ! but as to being under Grace is the great difference, if one does not understand that fact, one is not truly born again.

Jews for Jesus ? The Jews that were Saved 2000 years ago were not called Jews for Jesus, they became Christian end of story, there is not Jew or Greek under true Christianity in fact. you can not be two identity's in fact, or you are not Saved. you can not be 50-50 :rolleyes:.

Nowadays I hear this blasphemy of people claiming Judaic Christian values ? well the values are in fact not the same at all, because one is Carnal for this world, as they do not have the Holy Spirit in fact, so why try and peddle such nonsense, such is a great con job as it undermines Christ Jesus in fact.
I understand such as a carnal person not understanding the difference, because they do not truly know who Jesus Christ in fact. due to this world is as Jesus Christ said that he was not of this world. one must be in the Kingdom of God to understand.

That Mob are all about the second coming, they are truly looking for another Jesus to come in the flesh, but the fact is there is only one Jesus Christ in fact. Remember the Fathers only begotten Son ? get it. not to mention Jesus Christ did everything he need do, one just has to such pick up ? and the Holy Spirit does that. you can not add too.
If one is looking to a Man to come in the flesh, you have not been truly born again, because he has in fact given us all he need do, he did not make a mistake and has to come again to fix it or to add, it's done. Now it's for you to pick up !
Now some will get say 20% another 40% and so on ? before they are truly born again and then when you are truly born again you will grow as well in the Holy Spirit as one needs such to guide you. such a thing is not a movement, it's about you and Christ Jesus first and foremost.

The Jews for Jesus etc rubbish is a works of Man founded, even tho they reject and claim hatred of such as works, that is just a front from what I have seen of all of them, as they are blinded by this world totally as Jesus Christ pointed such out, they are of this world.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not believe the so called Messianic Jews are truly about Jesus Christ at all. They have another Jesus.

Truly born again Christians are not about acceptance of Jesus as one's saviour, you do not accept him, he accepts you in fact and you obey in him, because you are one with him. not lost like they are, sure you must seek and hope to be found.

The Commandments are solid as ever foundation given by God ! but as to being under Grace is the great difference, if one does not understand that fact, one is not truly born again.

Jews for Jesus ? The Jews that were Saved 2000 years ago were not called Jews for Jesus, they became Christian end of story, there is not Jew or Greek under true Christianity in fact. you can not be two identity's in fact, or you are not Saved. you can not be 50-50 :rolleyes:.

Nowadays I hear this blasphemy of people claiming Judaic Christian values ? well the values are in fact not the same at all, because one is Carnal for this world, as they do not have the Holy Spirit in fact, so why try and peddle such nonsense, such is a great con job as it undermines Christ Jesus in fact.
I understand such as a carnal person not understanding the difference, because they do not truly know who Jesus Christ in fact. due to this world is as Jesus Christ said that he was not of this world. one must be in the Kingdom of God to understand.

That Mob are all about the second coming, they are truly looking for another Jesus to come in the flesh, but the fact is there is only one Jesus Christ in fact. Remember the Fathers only begotten Son ? get it. not to mention Jesus Christ did everything he need do, one just has to such pick up ? and the Holy Spirit does that. you can not add too.
If one is looking to a Man to come in the flesh, you have not been truly born again, because he has in fact given us all he need do, he did not make a mistake and has to come again to fix it or to add, it's done. Now it's for you to pick up !
Now some will get say 20% another 40% and so on ? before they are truly born again and then when you are truly born again you will grow as well in the Holy Spirit as one needs such to guide you. such a thing is not a movement, it's about you and Christ Jesus first and foremost.

The Jews for Jesus etc rubbish is a works of Man founded, even tho they reject and claim hatred of such as works, that is just a front from what I have seen of all of them, as they are blinded by this world totally as Jesus Christ pointed such out, they are of this world.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Reggie. What do you think of the organization, "One For Israel?"

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Did you know that Moishe Rosen was witnessed to for two years, by Larry Norman, before he accepted his Messiah?
Did you know that Larry Norman held the first-ever Vineyard service as a way of having church for a handful of famous Christian recording stars without them having to spend most of the service signing autographs?