The Proof Is In The Pudding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“The Proof Is In The Pudding”
John 14:23 NIV
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Think about some of the ways we prove our loyalty and dedication to people and situations.

If we want good grades, we prove that we want to pass by studying diligently.
If we want to get a job, we do our best to prepare for the interview.
If we want to date and marry someone, we will go to great lengths to show and prove our love and devotion to the person.
If we want to get on a sports team, we will practice and show our determination to get better.
If we want to be a good student in school overall, we will listen to the teacher and obey what is taught.

We could think of many other ways in which we prove our loyalty or devotion to a situation or to someone because we want to show our devotion. We have to work hard at proving we are serious about something or someone by showing we are devoted. I think of the saying, “the proof is in the pudding”. If we are real, authentic and genuine about what we want to do and who we want to be devoted to, it’s going to show.

Jesus is very clear about the devotion we need to have in our relationship with Him. If we truly love Him and are devoted to living a life of service to Him, we will obey Him. It’s as simple as that. If we are not devoted to Him, we won’t obey Him. It’s either one way or another. The proof is definitely in the way we live our lives.

Do we really love Him enough to completely obey His teaching, no matter what it takes. If we want people to believe we are truly devoted to someone or something, we must prove it somehow. Being loyal to someone and working hard at something shows our devotion. If someone told you they loved you over and over again, but didn’t treat you that way at all, you’d probably finally say, “Okay, see ya!”

If we really, really are devoted to Jesus, we will obey His teaching, regardless of what that entails and what challenges it brings.

Reactions: Pearl