The Racist "Immorality Act"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
South Africa once had a very racist law on the books - the "Immorality Act". This law forbade whites from engaging in intimate relations with non-whites simply on the basis of race and many people were sent to prison for violating it. Eventually, the law was done away with and since the government deemed the law so exceedingly reprehensible, they decided that since it was now abolished, those imprisoned by it were free to go. "Where there is no law, there is no transgression" (Romans 4:15 KJV).

So, what about God's law?

Since "all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23 KJV) and "sin is the transgression of the law" (1 John 3:4 KJV), God's law condemns every one of us for having violated it. So, wouldn't the easiest thing for God to do is just abolish His Law instead of having to give His precious dear Son to die? Think about it. If God would have just abolished His Law, we would no longer stand guilty of breaking it, and Jesus wouldn't have had to die to redeem us from the penalty of it, right or wrong?

The greatest evidence that the Ten Commandments "stand fast forever and ever" is that Jesus would not abolish His own Law to save His own life. He not only went to the Cross for those who violated God's Law, but told us "if any man shall break any one of these least commandments and teach men so, the same shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven" (which doesn't mean these "least" will eventually make it up there - it means those up there look upon these "least" down here as such). It will never be right to steal, lie, commit adultery, embrace idolatry, etc. - no, not now nor ever.

The only consideration that remains is this: either we wrongly esteem the Ten Commandments "grievous" (1 John 5:3 KJV) and search out a means to get around them (such as the OSAS License to Sin) or gladly agree with Solomon "he that keepeth the law, happy is he" (Proverbs 29:18 KJV).

Reactions: Davy and Brakelite

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
South Africa once had a very racist law on the books - the "Immorality Act". This law forbade whites from engaging in intimate relations with non-whites simply on the basis of race and many people were sent to prison for violating it. Eventually, the law was done away with and since the government deemed the law so exceedingly reprehensible, they decided that since it was now abolished, those imprisoned by it were free to go. "Where there is no law, there is no transgression" (Romans 4:15 KJV).

So, what about God's law?

Since "all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23 KJV) and "sin is the transgression of the law" (1 John 3:4 KJV), God's law condemns every one of us for having violated it. So, wouldn't the easiest thing for God to do is just abolish His Law instead of having to give His precious dear Son to die? Think about it. If God would have just abolished His Law, we would no longer stand guilty of breaking it, and Jesus wouldn't have had to die to redeem us from the penalty of it, right or wrong?

The greatest evidence that the Ten Commandments "stand fast forever and ever" is that Jesus would not abolish His own Law to save His own life. He not only went to the Cross for those who violated God's Law, but told us "if any man shall break any one of these least commandments and teach men so, the same shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven" (which doesn't mean these "least" will eventually make it up there - it means those up there look upon these "least" down here as such). It will never be right to steal, lie, commit adultery, embrace idolatry, etc. - no, not now nor ever.

The only consideration that remains is this: either we wrongly esteem the Ten Commandments "grievous" (1 John 5:3 KJV) and search out a means to get around them (such as the OSAS License to Sin) or gladly agree with Solomon "he that keepeth the law, happy is he" (Proverbs 29:18 KJV).
I wonder which law Jesus was promoting when he told the story of 'The Prodigal Son'?

Reactions: Rita

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder which law Jesus was promoting when he told the story of 'The Prodigal Son'?
"Love thy neighbor"? After all, that's human to human love.

But also, "love thy Lord" because we are all God's children by birth, and some of us His "redeemed" by Jesus' blood.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Love thy neighbor"?

Correct.

After all, that's human to human love.

But also, "love thy Lord" because we are all God's children by birth, and some of us His "redeemed" by Jesus' blood.

There are four types of 'love.' So are we keeping God's law to have sex on a date with your 'lover,' who is your neighbor? Or is God talking about His kind of Love, to die for your neighbors, the whole world? And can we keep that eternal law of Loving God with all our spirit, soul and body, and truly love our neighbor with a sin nature still in tact? Could the Jews.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Love thy neighbor"? After all, that's human to human love.

There are certain things I can and can't imagine. I can't imagine Jesus didn't redeem every single child of Adam. I can however imagine that for some unknown reason many of those children don't want their redemption.

Reactions: Davy

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

There are four types of 'love.' So are we keeping God's law to have sex on a date with your 'lover,' who is your neighbor? Or is God talking about His kind of Love, to die for your neighbors, the whole world? And can we keep that eternal law of Loving God with all our spirit, soul and body, and truly love our neighbor with a sin nature still in tact? Could the Jews.
We have to allow the Bible to define what is and isn't acceptable sexual relations - which is monogamous and within the bounds of marriage alone.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are certain things I can and can't imagine. I can't imagine Jesus didn't redeem every single child of Adam. I can however imagine that for some unknown reason many of those children don't want their redemption.
Taken together, the verses of Scripture say Jesus redeems only those who "confesseth and forsaketh" their sin and trust in His promises.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The law of the Spirit of life that is in Christ Jesus... KJV Romans 8:4
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit .
Which laws did Christ obey that we in His strength will also obey being filled with His Spirit?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The law of the Spirit of life that is in Christ Jesus... KJV Romans 8:4
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit .
Which laws did Christ obey that we in His strength will also obey being filled with His Spirit?
We will trust that what Jesus set out to achieve he also achieved. Romans 5:18-21

Reactions: Brakelite

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt some souls would be quite upset if God chose to save and let the osas crowd into heaven lol...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No doubt some souls would be quite upset if God chose to save and let the osas crowd into heaven lol...
One can be certain if this is the attitude, the love of God has not been understood.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would be upset of God chose to let those into heaven who chose not to be there and counted the grace of God an unholy thing, but I would hazard a guess they wouldn't be a part of the OSAS crowd huh.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be upset of God chose to let those into heaven who chose not to be there and counted the grace of God an unholy thing, but I would hazard a guess they wouldn't be a part of the OSAS crowd huh.
You would be huh now that's interesting, well there was a time others were as well upset.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The greatest evidence that the Ten Commandments "stand fast forever and ever" is that Jesus would not abolish His own Law to save His own life.

What you posted works very well if you are teaching from a Cult's handbook, or you are an old Testament Jew, and there is no New Covenant.
However, regarding the born again....and the NEW TESTAMENT....

1.) "The Law came by Moses, but GRACE and TRUTH came by Jesus".

2.) "Christ is the end of the LAW, for Righteousness".

3.) "the LAW is the power of SIN"

4.) "Christ came to redeem us from the CURSE of the LAW"

5.) "The born again are not under the LAW, but under Grace">

6.) "If Righteousness comes by the LAW< then Christ is dead in VAIN".

So, PHonemann777, You have "Christ dead in Vain", as you are teaching the LAW for Righteousness, again, and again, and again, and again, and next time also.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isn't that what every Christian is supposed to do?
Supposed to do, should do; these and similar expressions have the sound of piety yet they do not qualify for doing. So my question remains and a straightforward honest answer will not only give brownie points but it will enable further meaningful dialog.

Ohhh, and I will add, without self honesty on this matter, one swims in the bottomless waters of the hypothetical.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can it not be
'not be understood'? ...because God's love is not bounded by the theories and limitations of men. God's love is outside of anything men can imagine or invent.

Men determine who is in and who is out.....and then superimpose those views onto God as if they are his.
Jesus showed us that even when pressed with extreme torture and death it could not stop him from revealing his heart in his prayer 'Father forgive them, they know not what they do'

Reactions: BeyondET

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you posted works very well if you are teaching from a Cult's handbook, or you are an old Testament Jew, and there is no New Covenant.
However, regarding the born again....and the NEW TESTAMENT....

1.) "The Law came by Moses, but GRACE and TRUTH came by Jesus".

2.) "Christ is the end of the LAW, for Righteousness".

3.) "the LAW is the power of SIN"

4.) "Christ came to redeem us from the CURSE of the LAW"

5.) "The born again are not under the LAW, but under Grace">

6.) "If Righteousness comes by the LAW< then Christ is dead in VAIN".

So, PHonemann777, You have "Christ dead in Vain", as you are teaching the LAW for Righteousness, again, and again, and again, and again, and next time also.
You see, that's why I'll never join your OSAS License to Sin cult --- you only read half the Bible and yet presume to present yourself as having been acquainted with "the whole counsel of God".

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte