The Repairer of the Breach.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 23: 21) “But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.”

Luke 22: 32-43) “And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death.
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.
And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,
And saying, If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.
And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, This Is The King Of The Jews.
And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”

Two thieves are crucified alongside of Christ. One asks for a sign: “And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.” Notice the "if" thou be Christ. The other thief acknowledges Jesus as King and saviour without a sign: And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. “And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”

Luke 16 begins with the parable of the unjust steward which the Pharisees standing close by have the privilege of overhearing.

(Luke 16: 14-15) “And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.”

Immediately following the parable of the unjust steward, Jesus inserts a stern warning to the Pharisees. (Luke 16: 16-17) “The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.” Jesus warns the Pharisees that there was the Mosaic law but since John, the kingdom of God is preached and then He does exactly that…The Lord preaches the kingdom is at hand.

First, Jesus reveals the Pharisees sin: calling them in a subtle way Adulterers. Adultery against God by marriage with the world’s system. Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Then Jesus lays out the plan of redemption and exactly who is the repairer of the breach. (Isaiah 58: 12) “And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.”

(Luke 16: 19-31) “There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.”

The rich man has no name. He is faceless and represents the dangers of wealth, which the Pharisees should have been able to relate to well. The rich man is clothed in purple and fine linen. He has his own gate, which Lazarus is laid at. By the worlds standards, the rich man is blessed. He lives as a king! But he is naked. (Revelation 3:17) “Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.”

Lazarus is the opposite. He desires to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Rabbis had a saying that three situations resulted in no life: depending on food from another, being ruled by one's wife and having a body covered with sores. Notice in Luke the dogs come and lick Lazarus sores.

(Matthew 15: 22-28) “And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.”

It is interesting that in Luke 16, Lazarus does not speak. A faithful servant never speaks of himself. It is no accident that scripture provides a name for the poor man which must imply the name is significant. The Hebrew name for Lazarus is Eliezer (sometimes Eleazer). Eliezer, Eleazer, and the name Lazarus mean “God has helped”. Who is our helper sent by the Lord? Who is sent as our comforter? The Spirit of the Lord.

Eliezer was the faithful servant of Abraham. Eliezer (the unnamed servant of Abraham in Genesis) would have received the estate of Abraham if Abraham had no offspring. (Genesis 15:2). Following the death of Sarah, Abraham (the Father) inheritance will go to Isaac (the son) and not Eliezer (the Spirit). Abraham (the Father) sends his faithful servant (the spirit) acting in the best interest of Abraham to qualify a bride for Isaac(the son) by the well.

(Luke) “And in hell he (the rich man) lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.”

Here Jesus presents a wondrous vivid picture of Lazarus(comforted) in the bosom of Abraham. (The Spirit of God in the bosom of The Father). The rich man pleads with the Father to send Lazarus (the Spirit) back to his brethren so that they may not enter in to his torment. It becomes very clear that the gulf that divides the rich man from Abraham and paradise is sin. Impassible sin with only one way across. Just as with the Pharisee which were covetous, sin separates us all from the Father. There is ONLY ONE WAY across the gulf that separates us from the Father. Only one way and the rich man had been given an opportunity, an opportunity that would have undoubtedly had a major impact on the rich man's entire household. But the rich man, along with the Pharisees, and the thief on the cross that required a sign—they all refused to acknowledge Jesus as King and Saviour and in return had rejected the only way across the breach.

(Luke 16)
"And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

The repairer of the breach stood in the midst of the Pharisees but they could not see or hear. Had the Pharisees seen or heard, then I would not be sitting here right now typing this. If the Jews had accepted Jesus instead of rejecting Him as Lord and King…the kingdom would have been delivered right then, as promised. But that promise was withheld for another day of fulfillment.

We doubt God’s delays but God is ever faithful with His word and He is indeed long suffering. He is long suffering for you, for me, and for every other saint called by His name.

Jesus tells the faith-filled thief on the cross. “Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” In the bosom of the Father. This is the expectation of all believers. As Lazarus died and was carried to dwell with the master. Those that are faithful servants of Jesus, we are also promised to dwell with the Master.

(John 14:2-3) “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

We are also promised a comforter(God has helped) to sustain and comfort us until the Kingdom comes.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Had the Pharisees seen or heard, then I would not be sitting here right now typing this.
Wadr imo this is not possible, and is changing the parable into what ifs and wishes. If people did not sin, we would live in Eden, too. Iow Pharisees by definition cannot see or hear, just like Catholics when one points out that Jesus disowned Mary as family or mother 3 times. Not meaning to be rude or insensitive, but the parallels are striking imo. Black turns to white with enough indoc, i guess.

If the Jews had accepted Jesus instead of rejecting Him as Lord and King…the kingdom would have been delivered right then, as promised.
No, it would not have, wadr. Same argument, slightly different setting. The Jews attempted to crown Jesus as king; i can go dig up the passage if you like, how does this fit your model?

Some Jews obviously did accept Christ as their spiritual king, and recognized that the kingdom was spiritual, not physical, and had already come.

But that promise was withheld for another day of fulfillment.
got a date for me? :)

If you are waiting for Jesus to do something, or waiting for some future date for Christ to manifest, or to come and save you, i can only say wadr that you are in abundant company, and have misunderstood the promises. You are the Body of Christ--at least hopefully you are; maybe you aren't right now but are groping that direction, or you might be anywhere along that bell curve--but it might be important to reflect upon how any prostitutes and tax collectors could possibly be "beating you into the kingdom," which imo is very likely a reference relating to the condition of their hearts, iow they do not by nature get too proud because they are ever reminded of their perceived status among men--which God could care less about--and are, or might be, inclined to good deeds as a result.

Now that might not be the perception you get from that parable, and BAM go with what seems right to you ok, but imo the kingdom is waiting for you, and you should not be waiting for it. Don't be fooled into accepting what those charismata who have signed contracts for Jesus are so confidently assuring you is truth. Contemplate for yourself how a whore could possibly be beating a seeker into the kingdom, ok.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Wadr imo this is not possible, and is changing the parable into what ifs and wishes. If people did not sin, we would live in Eden, too. Iow Pharisees by definition cannot see or hear, just like Catholics when one points out that Jesus disowned Mary as family or mother 3 times. Not meaning to be rude or insensitive, but the parallels are striking imo. Black turns to white with enough indoc, i guess.

No, it would not have, wadr. Same argument, slightly different setting. The Jews attempted to crown Jesus as king; i can go dig up the passage if you like, how does this fit your model?

Some Jews obviously did accept Christ as their spiritual king, and recognized that the kingdom was spiritual, not physical, and had already come.

got a date for me? :)

If you are waiting for Jesus to do something, or waiting for some future date for Christ to manifest, or to come and save you, i can only say wadr that you are in abundant company, and have misunderstood the promises. You are the Body of Christ--at least hopefully you are; maybe you aren't right now but are groping that direction, or you might be anywhere along that bell curve--but it might be important to reflect upon how any prostitutes and tax collectors could possibly be "beating you into the kingdom," which imo is very likely a reference relating to the condition of their hearts, iow they do not by nature get too proud because they are ever reminded of their perceived status among men--which God could care less about--and are, or might be, inclined to good deeds as a result.

Now that might not be the perception you get from that parable, and BAM go with what seems right to you ok, but imo the kingdom is waiting for you, and you should not be waiting for it. Don't be fooled into accepting what those charismata who have signed contracts for Jesus are so confidently assuring you is truth. Contemplate for yourself how a whore could possibly be beating a seeker into the kingdom, ok.

(Matthew 19: 24-26) “And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” Let’s not forget Paul. Paul was a rich man and persecuted Christians. He was on the other side of the spectrum with all his worldly accomplishments and knowledge. Paul knew the law and could have easily been standing there before Jesus being told the same parable of the rich man and Lazarus. But Paul’s eyes had been opened to the truth. Who opened Paul’s eyes? Was Paul capable of seeing the truth on his own? Was Paul capable of going from someone that was present when Steven was stoned, to someone being (attempted to be) stoned for the gospels sake? Did the Pharisees have eyes to see and ears to hear? Did the Jews (I am speaking of those that rejected Christ) have eyes to see?

(Romans 11: 25) “For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.”

​***

(Hebrews 10: 21-23) “And having an high priest over the house of God;
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

What we must answer: Is Christ sufficient as High Priest? Or do we need another? Is Christ sufficient as intercessor? Or do we need another? What would have been the Pharisee’s answer? What would have been the Jews answer (those that rejected Christ)?

(1 Samuel 8: 6-7) “ But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord.
And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.”

​***

Maybe you and I don’t share the same view on the restoration of the Kingdom and when that will be. I do not believe the kingdom is now, nor do I believe it is our job to bring the Kingdom. I believe the (final) kingdom (where Christ will rule from David’s throne) has not been fulfilled. I believe the kingdom will be at the end of the great tribulation, as promised to the Jews. Israel will be a blessed city and everyone will know the Lord has done it. I long for that day, but at the same time, I pray for more time.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ok, well you gotta admit that that is pretty much the de rigueur Christian understanding; how can all of those Christians possibly be wrong, i guess. Have a nice week!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ok, well you gotta admit that that is pretty much the de rigueur Christian understanding; how can all of those Christians possibly be wrong, i guess. Have a nice week!
How can so many Christians be wrong? I have no idea. And I am not saying they are wrong. My husband and I watched a documentary the other night where a man traveled the entire world to ask, “Who is God?” and we were astonished at all the different beliefs. For me, the most profound moment of the documentary was when the interviewer came to the conclusion that "God has become the Escape Goat for those religious." So, I ask you: how can all the Buddhists be wrong? How can all Muslims be wrong? How can Catholics and the Pope be wrong? How can the Orthodox Jew be wrong? Which leads me to ask every day, “Do I have the truth? Or am I being misled?” The only place I can go for that answer is to God’s Word. And the only word I find there is “Christian.” Do I interpret scripture correctly? If by the Holy Spirit, then yes. If by my own understanding, then no. If you have the truth, then please, direct me to scripture that supports that truth.

(Romans 10: 3-10) “For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

(Romans 11: 7-16) “What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
VictoryinJesus said:
If you have the truth, then please, direct me to scripture that supports that truth.
i would not claim to be the final word on any truth, but another problem as i see it is that having once accepted the conclusions promulgated by Paul's wolves, whom he confidently assured us would come rushing in as soon as he left, we most often become those who "see and don't see," and cannot then recognize the kingdom, very near to us. Iow if you have been raised in a culture that accepts Easter, no amount of my pointing out that Easter is not in the Bible will make any difference, because you might certainly find a KJV copy that you can define as "the Bible" that has replaced "Passover" with "Easter," and then disagree with me on those grounds (not to disparage the KJV, imo overall it is a pretty decent translation, at least for people living 200 years ago).

(Romans 10: 3-10) “For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
many will cry "Lord, Lord" and hear "I never knew you." How might one differentiate which camp they are in?

(Romans 11: 7-16) “What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.”
i'm not getting your point here, if there is one? Sorry.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last thing I want is to attempt to crush your faith. I would rather encourage it. You are eager to know Him, and so am I. That we have in common. I read this scripture this morning and thought you might find it interesting. Not to prove any point. Just to share.

(2 Chronicles 17: 3-5) "And the Lord was with Jehoshaphat, because he walked in the first ways of his father David, and sought not unto Baalim; But sought to the Lord God of his father, and walked in his commandments, and not after the doings of Israel. Therefore the Lord stablished the kingdom in his hand; and all Judah brought to Jehoshaphat presents; and he had riches and honour in abundance."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”
being as how it is reported that Christ did not die on that day, i would say it is at least imperative to consider whether or not "kingdom, today" is the actual point being made here.