The requirement of the Law...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:4 (NASB)
so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a truth being put forth in this above scripture as to the how of fulfilling the requirement of the Law of God in one’s life... This is the way, as scripture puts forth, that one can consistently fulfill that law in life.... And that is, to walk by the Spirit and not by the flesh....

So then it would be of crucial importance to understand and know exactly what is meant and being put forth in the above truth...

What is walking according to the flesh?

What is walking according to the Spirit?

Walking according to the flesh, is self doing the doing.... Anything that self can do, is in the flesh...

If that is true, than something else other than self effort is available to man to walk according to, for scripture puts this forth as truth... This would have to be available to all at all times... At a moment’s notice, full strength, never failing... This sounds like music to the heart that would want to walk according to it... No kind-er or pleasant-er words could be spoken if one could just see what is meant or couched in these words of truth...

~Walking by the Spirit is walking by faith... It is that simple, it is that real, it is that easy..~

Faith that God will fulfill His promise of manifesting righteousness in life...

This hope, this heart, this becoming one’s all and all, once seen as the necessity it is is the walk of all walks...

For this walk of faith, this walk, of, by, and in faith, is the walk, of, by and in the Spirit...

For the just shall live by faith.... The just shall live by the Spirit of Christ manifesting Himself in and through the believing soul...

But this can and will only be manifested according to the hearts desire after it... And this is what God is working in each and every heart that is His .... A willingness to have more of Him and less of self....

Be blessed all who are in a miserable state concerning themselves, for this is God’s work of drawing one deeper into Himself ... That one’s hope might not be in anything but in God Himself, so He might manifest the works of the law in and through life... i.e.; which is the manifestation of righteousness in life...

On to Him be our all...

A fellow believer, Not me

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walking by the Spirit is walking by faith... It is that simple, it is that real, it is that easy

Except that many have faith that all their past, present and future sins are already forgiven, so they can live carnally because Jesus has already paid for them. That is not having the eternal laws of God written on our hearts. There is a lot of ignorance in the church about what it means to be born again, and we MUST be born again. Romans 8:9 is being out of the old carnal nature.

Walking by the Spirit is walking by the laws of LOVE written on your heart. The eternal laws on our heart are "Love God with all your heart, your mind and your body, and Love your neighbor as yourself." The commandments of the New Covenant duplicate those two laws. 1 John 3:23. Believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that many have faith that all their past, present and future sins are already forgiven, so they can live carnally because Jesus has already paid for them. That is not having the eternal laws of God written on our hearts.

Walking by the Spirit is walking by the laws of LOVE written on your heart. The eternal laws on our heart are "Love God with all your heart, your mind and your body, and Love your neighbor as yourself." The commandments of the New Covenant duplicate those two laws. 1 John 3:23. Believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and love your neighbor as yourself.

As the Spirit of Christ in you so teaches you Himself, be blessed..

A fellow believer, Not me

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that many have faith that all their past, present and future sins are already forgiven, so they can live carnally because Jesus has already paid for them. That is not having the eternal laws of God written on our hearts. There is a lot of ignorance in the church about what it means to be born again, and we MUST be born again. Romans 8:9 is being out of the old carnal nature.

Disagree.

Converted men have a Spiritual relationship With The Lord God Who IS Spirit.

Their Forgiveness was Give them "BY" the Lord God "for" Past SIN AGAINST the Lord God.

You can not forgive me for My Past Sin Against the Lord God...that was something ONLY the Lord God could Do.

My Sins Against The Lord God...was Corrupting my soul...And Disbelif IN Him.

I am but weak on my own.
I solicited and called out to Him.
He Forgave me.
He Restored my soul.
He Quickened my spirit.
His Spirit dwells within me.
His Power of His Spirit, Keeps me Faithful to Him.
I Freely asked. He freely Gave.
Never again, can I Corrupt my soul.
Never again, can I Not Believe.
I am Freed from Sin Against God.

My Mind still operates cognitively, logically... for matters of everyday life "IN" this world...without respect to Spiritual things....Because Spiritually, I am no longer "OF" this world.

The Converted man is consistently ...subduing his Mind To the Righteous Thoughts of His Heart.

We are not perfect...we do not know all things, it is the "Intent" of a Converted man to do the best he can, to make his Mind make choices according to his Hearts Thoughts.
That's our Job, our burden...not Gods.
Sometimes we TRESSPASS "against" other men...it's our job, our burden, to seek another man forgiveness FOR the TRESPASS, and to FORGIVE men "their" TRESPASSES "against" us.

A man can not Sin Against me.
I can not Sin Against another man.
Men can not Forgive me of Sin.
I can not Forgive men of Sin.

The Jews knew this...and WHY they wanted to Kill Jesus. They knew not Jesus IS the Christ, God in the Flesh. They only knew Jesus as a man...thus could not understand Why He was Forgiving men of their Sins.

Mark 2
[7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sin but God only?

Luke.5
[21] And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sin, but God alone?

Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

Luke 17:
[3] Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespassagainst thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
[4] And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Pisteuo and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree.

Converted men have a Spiritual relationship With The Lord God Who IS Spirit.

Their Forgiveness was Give them "BY" the Lord God "for" Past SIN AGAINST the Lord God.

You can not forgive me for My Past Sin Against the Lord God...that was something ONLY the Lord God could Do.

My Sins Against The Lord God...was Corrupting my soul...And Disbelif IN Him.

I am but weak on my own.
I solicited and called out to Him.
He Forgave me.
He Restored my soul.
He Quickened my spirit.
His Spirit dwells within me.
His Power of His Spirit, Keeps me Faithful to Him.
I Freely asked. He freely Gave.
Never again, can I Corrupt my soul.
Never again, can I Not Believe.
I am Freed from Sin Against God.

My Mind still operates cognitively, logically... for matters of everyday life "IN" this world...without respect to Spiritual things....Because Spiritually, I am no longer "OF" this world.

The Converted man is consistently ...subduing his Mind To the Righteous Thoughts of His Heart.

We are not perfect...we do not know all things, it is the "Intent" of a Converted man to do the best he can, to make his Mind make choices according to his Hearts Thoughts.
That's our Job, our burden...not Gods.
Sometimes we TRESSPASS "against" other men...it's our job, our burden, to seek another man forgiveness FOR the TRESPASS, and to FORGIVE men "their" TRESPASSES "against" us.

A man can not Sin Against me.
I can not Sin Against another man.
Men can not Forgive me of Sin.
I can not Forgive men of Sin.

The Jews knew this...and WHY they wanted to Kill Jesus. They knew not Jesus IS the Christ, God in the Flesh. They only knew Jesus as a man...thus could not understand Why He was Forgiving men of their Sins.

Mark 2
[7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sin but God only?

Luke.5
[21] And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sin, but God alone?

Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

Luke 17:
[3] Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespassagainst thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
[4] And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

Glory to God,
Taken
"We are not perfect...we do not know all things, it is the "Intent" of a Converted man to do the best he can, to make his Mind make choices according to his Hearts Thoughts.
That's our Job, our burden...not Gods."

Yes, we are told to renew our minds, and continually. And to do that...we need to continually feed on His Word...seek the mind of Christ.

Romans 12:2 - "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

"2 Corinthians 4:16 - For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day."

Ephesians 4:23 -" And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;"

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"We are not perfect...we do not know all things, it is the "Intent" of a Converted man to do the best he can, to make his Mind make choices according to his Hearts Thoughts.
That's our Job, our burden...not Gods."

Yes, we are told to renew our minds, and continually. And to do that...we need to continually feed on His Word...seek the mind of Christ.

Romans 12:2 - "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

"2 Corinthians 4:16 - For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day."

Ephesians 4:23 -" And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;"

Amen sister!

Glory to God,
Tasked

Reactions: Nancy