The Resurrected Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see much confusion among Christians, who have preconceived notions of what they think God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit should or shouldn't be able to do???
In this thread I would like to remind every Christian on this forum, that each time you reject someone, who tries to share what Jesus is showing them or telling them, you run the risk of rejecting Him, and He didn't mean for people to compare it to written words, but from what's within your spirit/heart, and to seek Him for the answers.
Those of you who think it is a Christian thing to keep referring to Jesus as 'that man I saw', you really need to check in with Him, because you really are not aware of what it is you are doing, and that is probably a good thing....ignorance can be bliss, as they say.
OK, so those of you who keep telling me that it is un-scriptual for me to have seen, spoken to and touched the resurrected Jesus, I would like to invite you to re-read the book of Acts, and even at the end of a couple of the Gospels, so you can see that is was something Jesus did quite a bit, AFTER his resurrection. I am purposely not going looking for the chapters and verses, as I think it is important to read things in it's fullness
Why can you not understand that He is ALIVE.....He invites us to come to Him, so that we may have life, and I do accept that people reading a Bible can get to believe in Him, but they are offered to go on to having a relationship with Him, although He will never force anyone to do so.
Those of you who do not believe this possible, well that's your right, you have free will, but anyone trying to put a stumbling block in the path of those who trust in Him, well that is another matter all together, and I find quite a few here trying to spread doubt.
The thing is though, once you KNOW He is real, no one on earth or anywhere in the entire universe, can move you from that position.
All the glory to Him !

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bless you Pia. I have said before, you are braver than me is sharing your experience " in the Spiritual realm"
I am reluctant in sharing too much, ...It hurts when people belittle other people's experiences, and are sarcastic.
A little bit of- " Don't cast your pearls before swine..."

God bless....Helen.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bless you Pia. I have said before, you are braver than me is sharing your experience " in the Spiritual realm"
I am reluctant in sharing too much, ...It hurts when people belittle other people's experiences, and are sarcastic.
A little bit of- " Don't cast your pearls before swine..."

God bless....Helen.
I love how you can always put a big smile on my face......Bless you !..........I have had 3 decades to grow a slightly thicker skin lol....... I actually hurt for them. Both because of what they are missing out on and the fact that they do not even consider that it is actually Jesus they are rejecting, as my oldest daughter once came out of her bed one morning saying to me....That morning before she got up I had been up for a couple of hours and had prayed to the Lord about this issue, and she could have had no knowledge of that....While still rubbing the sleep out of her eyes she simply said :" Mum, Jesus wants you to know that it is not you they are rejecting, but Him.".........I must have been in a pretty upset state, or He would have been able to get that through to me, instead of using my daughter.
Your last sentence made me think, yes but Christians are not supposed to be swine ( unclean ) lol
Bless you Helen and praise our wonderful Councillor and friend always.......:)

Reactions: Truth and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen.

1 Samuel 8:7

Exodus 16:8b .."for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against Him: and what are we? Your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD." (Re Arron, Miriam and himself)

The one that show it is between God and them in:-
Numbers 16:3 "And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD? And when Moses heard it, he fell upon his face...." Moses getting himself out of the way for them to be face to face with God! ( and the story shows this)
We never have to defend the truth...God does that himself very well. :)

A

Reactions: pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So sad that you have to develop a "thick" skin to those who call themselves christians. Far easier to talk to unbelievers who only want to hear about Him not the bible.

After listening to some tapes of a woman in china that helps druggies, and who speaks of hoe much they change when they find Christ to teh end that their frends can see a difference, she spoke of one convert who went into teh streets saw his mate in teh gutter so went to Him, His mate asked Him why how He had changed so much and He opened a bible and began to speak, After wards he went back and asked this lady, " why didnt he listen to me". and she asked him what he did, well he said i read teh bible to him. her response was, he was hungry why didnt you feed him than he might have listened to you.

God is the God of the living not the God of teh book.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People question your experience because they are instructed to do so from the Word. And trying to guilt people into believing you by saying they are rejecting Christ isn't helping your case either.

If people reject your message, dust off your shoes and move on to the next topic.

o

Reactions: Truth and OzSpen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People question your experience because they are instructed to do so from the Word. And trying to guilt people into believing you by saying they are rejecting Christ isn't helping your case either.

If people reject your message, dust off your shoes and move on to the next topic.

o

Yep true..we can indeed just 'move on', but it doesn't detract from the experience.

I have just said in some other thread... personally I believe that people reject it through fear.
Fear of being deceived,
fear of moving outside their ' non experience' comfort zones.
Fear about anything that they themselves have not experienced.

I few years ago I heard a man tell how he had (in what he thought was a dream) been transported to the valley of dry bones.
God spoke things to him while he was there...he walked through the bones..and did what Ezekiel did spoke to the dry bones and commanded them to live.
He felt in his heart that God told him to do that for The Church of today...which is far from alive and vibrant...(except for the prosperity ministers that you showed on that video :D)

Before he left there and returned to 'his dreaming' he bent down and picked up a white feather. In the morning he did actually feel like he had been in that valley in the spiritual 'reality'. When he woke up he took up his bible to read that passage...and he found the same white feather in his bible..it was laying right there between the pages of Ezekiel 37. In the story of the dry bones.

Okay..I heard
that man experience, I had the choice of rejecting his experience and saying that he was totally deceived , or as many seem to to say- " Prove it, Show me and justify that in a scripture from the bible."

I did neither. God is quite able to do what He likes and with whom He likes, in this day and age. Who and I to say otherwise.
I just listened to his experience and thanked him for passing on his experience.

It was outside of anything I had every heard or experienced myself. But, my fear was NOT in- " Oh dear this is not typical or scriptural, so it must be of some false evil spirit." But I felt just the opposite..I would never dream of throwing out something that God may have well been doing in someone else's life!!
If God's fingerprints were on that, who the heck was I tell tell that man that it was not true , or that he had been deceived!
Those kind of things I 'hide away in my heart'...

Reactions: Truth and bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The problem is, that is exactly what they are doing. I have watched some videos of people supposedly had visions, all seems well, till some point, if it is from God it will glorify God, teh devil didnt come to lead us to Christ.

Mar 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

, Jesus and God knew it would be that way, people not listening and so missing out on teh best things in God..

Reactions: Truth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i wouldn't much expect a Christian who has embraced the churches' message of fear and retribution based salvation to be fertile ground anyway. Let the dead bury the dead, i guess. God is not going to punish anyone for listening in seeking a deeper understanding of Him

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@pia

The following verse goes alone with what you said in the OP and it is one for anyone who questions your experience with our Lord to consider seriously before opening their mouths:

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see much confusion among Christians, who have preconceived notions of what they think God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit should or shouldn't be able to do???
In this thread I would like to remind every Christian on this forum, that each time you reject someone, who tries to share what Jesus is showing them or telling them, you run the risk of rejecting Him, and He didn't mean for people to compare it to written words, but from what's within your spirit/heart, and to seek Him for the answers.
Those of you who think it is a Christian thing to keep referring to Jesus as 'that man I saw', you really need to check in with Him, because you really are not aware of what it is you are doing, and that is probably a good thing....ignorance can be bliss, as they say.
OK, so those of you who keep telling me that it is un-scriptual for me to have seen, spoken to and touched the resurrected Jesus, I would like to invite you to re-read the book of Acts, and even at the end of a couple of the Gospels, so you can see that is was something Jesus did quite a bit, AFTER his resurrection. I am purposely not going looking for the chapters and verses, as I think it is important to read things in it's fullness
Why can you not understand that He is ALIVE.....He invites us to come to Him, so that we may have life, and I do accept that people reading a Bible can get to believe in Him, but they are offered to go on to having a relationship with Him, although He will never force anyone to do so.
Those of you who do not believe this possible, well that's your right, you have free will, but anyone trying to put a stumbling block in the path of those who trust in Him, well that is another matter all together, and I find quite a few here trying to spread doubt.
The thing is though, once you KNOW He is real, no one on earth or anywhere in the entire universe, can move you from that position.
All the glory to Him !

though your plea to the unknowing is warranted pia the thing is there are those who actually seek the Lord and feed on His Word like its the very life they need, and it is. but you can't expect anyone who calls themselves Christian to understand that, or what you have said. the born again understand it, but the self proclaimed Christian ain't got a clue.

these self proclaimed Christians are not confuse as they portray, they seek to justify their view of their idols they carry in their hearts. if you notice they constantly post a questions that seems honest enough but then they continue to argue for their view trying to use scripture to justify their views or better said their own judgement of what God and Christianity ought to be.

and in the Kingdom of God the only view, opinion, thought, mind set, words, judgements, of what anything ought to be, that has any weight is the Lord's, and anything contrary to that will not remain in His Kingdom.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the Kingdom of God the only view, opinion, thought, mind set, words, judgements, of what anything ought to be, that has any weight is the Lord's, and anything contrary to that will not remain in His Kingdom.

True. And I agree with what you said about some people ask a question just so they can then pounce and proclaim you answer as wrong. I am slowly learning that :)

It seems the best way on this site is to just state ones own thoughts , beliefs, or experiences, and trust the Lord to make it real to those who are genuinely wishing to "Add to their faith....." (as in 2 Peter 1) and
2 Peter 3....".and grow in grace and the knowledge of the Lord..."

I am very happy to say that I have found a few people on this site who have really blessed me in shining fresh ways at looking at things ..and here I am 55 year 'since I first believed'. :) And that is so good. I have been on quite a few sites over the years and I haven't found that a very typical thing. ha!

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and in the Kingdom of God the only view, opinion, thought, mind set, words, judgements, of what anything ought to be, that has any weight is the Lord's, and anything contrary to that will not remain in His Kingdom
Amen to that.....All I like to point out is that Jesus is right here for all those who WILL go to Him, and it is purely up to each individual and their free will..........If they don't want to KNOW Him, well? That is their loss , He certainly won't force them to. :)

Reactions: Helen

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

pia,

One of the reasons I reject such teaching, whether from a preacher or on this forum, is because it is contrary to what Scripture teaches:

'The Berean Jews were very glad to receive Paul’s message. They studied the Scriptures carefully every day. They wanted to see if what Paul said was true. So they were more noble than the Thessalonian Jews' (Acts 17:11 NIRV).​

From the mouth of Jesus we have these words, 'You study the Scriptures carefully. You study them because you think they will give you eternal life. The Scriptures you study are a witness about me' (John 5:38 NIRV).

So, if I want to listen to a witness about Jesus, he has told me to 'study the Scriptures'.

As for what happened with Paul & Silas in Berea, the people who received Paul's message needed to compare what he preached with what the Scriptures stated. They did this 'every day'. The only way to check the truth of what Paul said was to compare with Scripture. It is not to compare what is stated bu Paul or any poster on this forum 'from what's within your spirit/heart, and to seek Him for the answers' (your view).

The only way to check the truth of what pia says is to compare it with Scripture. If it doesn't agree with Scripture, then pia, OzSpen and all other messages need to be rejected as untruthful.

Please tell me where in Scripture we have the teaching endorsed by you,
that each time you reject someone, who tries to share what Jesus is showing them or telling them, you run the risk of rejecting Him, and He didn't mean for people to compare it to written words

That's a serious allegation but please demonstrate from Scripture that the experience of showing people or telling them is superior to comparing it to written words.

To state that rejecting someone who promotes experientialism with Jesus is to 'run the risk of rejecting Him' is your personal opinion. I don't see it in Scripture. If it is there, please direct me to the Scriptures that support such teaching.

Oz

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
True. And I agree with what you said about some people ask a question just so they can then pounce and proclaim you answer as wrong. I am slowly learning that :)

It seems the best way on this site is to just state ones own thoughts , beliefs, or experiences, and trust the Lord to make it real to those who are genuinely wishing to "Add to their faith....." (as in 2 Peter 1) and
2 Peter 3....".and grow in grace and the knowledge of the Lord..."

I am very happy to say that I have found a few people on this site who have really blessed me in shining fresh ways at looking at things ..and here I am 55 year 'since I first believed'. :) And that is so good. I have been on quite a few sites over the years and I haven't found that a very typical thing. ha!
BG
Some people ask questions to clarify what the other person believes. It's not easy to talk about spiritual matters.

If then there is some disagreement, I wouldn't call that "pouncing".

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The problem is, that is exactly what they are doing. I have watched some videos of people supposedly had visions, all seems well, till some point, if it is from God it will glorify God, teh devil didnt come to lead us to Christ.

Mar 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

, Jesus and God knew it would be that way, people not listening and so missing out on teh best things in God..
I know of a woman over by Florence way that sees Mary on a regular basis.
Should I go there and listen to HER??
After all, she's had such a great experience!

Reactions: OzSpen and Job

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yep true..we can indeed just 'move on', but it doesn't detract from the experience.

I have just said in some other thread... personally I believe that people reject it through fear.
Fear of being deceived,
fear of moving outside their ' non experience' comfort zones.
Fear about anything that they themselves have not experienced.

I few years ago I heard a man tell how he had (in what he thought was a dream) been transported to the valley of dry bones.
God spoke things to him while he was there...he walked through the bones..and did what Ezekiel did spoke to the dry bones and commanded them to live.
He felt in his heart that God told him to do that for The Church of today...which is far from alive and vibrant...(except for the prosperity ministers that you showed on that video :D)

Before he left there and returned to 'his dreaming' he bent down and picked up a white feather. In the morning he did actually feel like he had been in that valley in the spiritual 'reality'. When he woke up he took up his bible to read that passage...and he found the same white feather in his bible..it was laying right there between the pages of Ezekiel 37. In the story of the dry bones.

Okay..I heard
that man experience, I had the choice of rejecting his experience and saying that he was totally deceived , or as many seem to to say- " Prove it, Show me and justify that in a scripture from the bible."

I did neither. God is quite able to do what He likes and with whom He likes, in this day and age. Who and I to say otherwise.
I just listened to his experience and thanked him for passing on his experience.

It was outside of anything I had every heard or experienced myself. But, my fear was NOT in- " Oh dear this is not typical or scriptural, so it must be of some false evil spirit." But I felt just the opposite..I would never dream of throwing out something that God may have well been doing in someone else's life!!
If God's fingerprints were on that, who the heck was I tell tell that man that it was not true , or that he had been deceived!
Those kind of things I 'hide away in my heart'...

BG
No one is saying or denying that the actual EXPERIENCE was not true.

What is being said is that, IF discussed, the experiene MUST match what scripture says. For the example you used above, it seems that it did.

What if it DID NOT?
Would you have believed the man with the dream or the Word of God?

Last edited:
Reactions: OzSpen