The Sacrifice of the Body of the Lord Yeshua

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version Hebrews 10:1-39

10 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
The writer of Hebrews is writing to a group of Jewish people whom have heard about Jesus, and have been reading the message that has been wrote in which the writer goes on to say,

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very of the things, can never with with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually making the comers there unto perfect. This is speaking about how the sacrifices were not pleasing to God.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
Because once the offering for sin has been offered, the person should be purged being no more conscience of sins that they had committed before. These sacrifices of bulls and animals did nothing in changing the heart of individuals.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
But these continued sacrifices which they still had done to the very day of the message being written by the writer of hebrews to these Jewish people, is saying that the sacrifices keep a person in remembrance of sin, every year - which was something the Israelites had done by the culture which they had come from, and the Law of Moses which was upon them, and driven by the religious leaders in that time and age, which Jesus; had come to be the sacrifice which is far greater.
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
As you can see, there is no way the blood of bulls and of goats, should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Here the writer, mentions - Wherefore when he - speaking of the word of God, came into the world, born in the flesh named Jesus, he said - Sacrifice and offering thou would not, but a body hast thou prepared me: (speaking of how the body of Christ, would be used for the sacrifice of sins; in which the Father would raise his son back up from Death, and the the Lord would have victory over death, even Satan and his angels, by defeating them, and paying for the price of sin that anyone whom seek out God in faith, perhaps experience a new and saved life by the Lord and his victory over, death, sin, satan, and hades.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
No pleasure is taken in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin; which the Father has no pleasure in because it is not from a willingly participate to do the very will of God; which the Word of God; with that body of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit of God helping the Lord as he went and sought the Father out in prayer, in faith to help him, through his trials, and even temptations going on in his flesh vs his spirit.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
The writer says that Jesus also states, Lo I come, (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy, will of God, a proclamation from the Son of God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Writer reiterates, above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither had pleasure therein which are offered by the law. -- Therefore it seems God was never pleased with the offering which the law required people; to either choose to make offerings or not it was their own choice. He was always more pleased by those who had faith, and allowed their heart to mediate and him and his ways spiritually, rather than the sacrifices which was cows slaughtered placed on the altar.
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Writer reiterates, then Jesus said Lo I come to do thy will of God. He taketh away the first, and that he may establish the second.

This reference stated here could be taken as the establishment of the Heavenly Kingdom of Jerusalem which people become children of God when they come to the Lord Jesus Christ, who takes away the law by fulfilling, and this doesn't mean the law is bad, for it is holy and good. Jesus fulfilled it, and that was how the body of Christ had become the payment for sin - for those who broke the law, the torah which was smashing Gods commandments.

Jesus came to establish a new administration which was spiritual, and the old ways were by and through the material - sacrifices, and offerings for sin, now Jesus having become sin, and then raised 3 days later, signified the payment of sin being payed for - the Holy Spirit would come after Jesus had rose up into the cloud and disappeared and the Gospel fo Christ would become spread the ends of the earth in that day in age.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
The writer makes it clear that because of Jesus and his new administration, those who believe on him will be sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
The writer of Hebrews says, every priest stands daily ministering and offering often times the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

That means in that day in age, with all the priest that would possibly be available; would often times do the same sacrifices; but it never took away sins when people came to them; it never changed the heat it keep them in bondage, with Jesus he sets the captives free from the land of the darkness, into a land filled with light, a heavenly place.
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Going forward, This man, the Lord Yeshua, after he had offered one scarce for sins for ever. This is meaning that the one sacrifice because of Jesus Christ, was one time and that one time would remain as the only time that it was paid for forever, which was the day that the Lord Jesus Christ had died.

In this moment of time, the writer notes that because of Jesus having become sin, and was raised by the spirit of God having paid for sins once and forever because of willingly giving up his own life - sits down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
Here, the writer explains that - they are still expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. Thus, they were waiting for everything to be overcome, which is revealed in the Revelation, and all enemies, from death, satan and his angels, the false prophet, and the beast, and hades are all done away with. I believe that Jesus Christ has overcame all of these obstacles personally.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
By the offering of the body of Christ - those who believe on him, are able to receive the Holy Spirit of God from the Lord Jesus Christ, which the Father hands over to him to send, and they start having a new life because of the Messiah.
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Which the Holy Spirit of God also is a witness to us - meaning they are having and experience by and through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and believing on the Father, which was their witness that God was with them in faith. For after that he said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
The writer goes on to quote Jeremiah 31; This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says Yahweh, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them.

This a promise of fulfillment that the writer of Hebrews is pointing out to the people whom come from the Jewish culture who are seeking to learn more information about who Jesus Christ, and the writer of hebrews does a great job at explaining.

So therefore if this promise was fulfilled in that day, Yahweh also will do the same thing, for those who draw near to the Father by and through the Lord Jesus Christ, and Yahweh, will put his laws into their hearts and in their minds will I write them; how? By the Holy Spirit of God that is given to those who now place their faith in Christ, rather than in the law.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Anyone going back now on Christ, is where remission is found and there is no more offering for sin - because it was the Lord whom was the one whom took the price of sin of the world dying on the Cross.
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Therefore, brethren, encouraging boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus; this is telling the Jewish audience they are now able to come to the Father because of the blood of Jesus Christ was the once and for all sin offering for all people for all time, which now people have a choice to draw near to God, going into the holy of holiest - by and through spiritual means and now no longer material means because of the blood of Christ.

All are able to come to God if they just make the choice to have faith and call out to him, and seek out the word.
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
A new and living way, - is made now - which he has consecrated for us - meaning to make people right with God is all because of the Lord Jesus Christ, which comes through his death, or through the veil, (which the resurrection shines some light on); that is to say his flesh.
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
And having an high priest over the house of God; - the Lord - The Son of God, Yeshua, is the one and only high priest forever.
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Because of this, let us draw near with a true heart -- in full assurance of faith.

having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

The writer are is encouraging to draw near with a true heart - believing having complete trust and faith - having the heart clear of an evil conscience - and our bodies washed with pure water - having a clear mind on the things of God, drawing near to the Father, and learning of the High priest through the Gospel of Christ.
23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Therefore lets us hold fast the profession of our faith - without wavering (for he is faithful that promised) - to be there to help us in this new administration of the Lord Jesus Christ, which provides people to be adopted as becoming Children of God, and becoming part of the heavenly kingdom, through faith. Continue to go and keep faith holding fast to God.
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works.
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
This day that was approaching would be the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ which the apostles often wrote about - and this encouragement from the writer of Hebrews is to continue to meet up together, and not to forsake one another - but encouraging or exhorting one another - for the day will be approaching you will see.
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
After now receiving the truth of Jesus Christ, and you go on willingly breaking the law, and continue offering sacrifices, and to deny God and to go even into idolatry, having received the knowledge of the truth? There remains no more sacrifice for sins - there is no covering, on them for having no faith, and they will die on the day that comes When Jesus returned.
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
There is only fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries - those who in the land of Israel - hated God, and had the Lord Jesus Christ killed, the great and dreadful day and wrath of God would come upon them for their act.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Those who despised Moses' law died without any mercy under two or three witnesses;

if you were guilty you were stoned on the spot - dead. Law of Moses.
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
How much more of a punishment awaits those who have trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified, and unholy thing, and has done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

There seems to have been a hardened hearts in that day in age - that would consider Jesus who was known as the Son of God, Son of Man, Prophet, Word of God, one who would sit at the right hand of God - considered that Jesus was an unholy thing, and trodden Christ beneath their feet - doing so despite the spirit of grace?
30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
The writer goes on to say - For we know him that has said Vengeance belongs to me, I will repay, says Yahweh, and again the Lord shall judge his people. People were going to be judged with the return of Christ - and those whom do wrong, Yahweh says that Vengeance belongs to him, and he would repay, this would be the final time - in which Jesus becomes victorious over all things - and the old material ways of Jerusalem by the law of Moses would be done away with - and now, because of the spirit of Grace, and because of the Lord Yeshua, so much has been done now for the world - where everyone may come to the Lord, those who seek to worship the Father, will do so in spirit and in truth.

Yahweh will judge - and I believe all of us will be judged too one day after this life.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
God who is spirit, who is spirit, who is light - fear thing to fall into the hands of the living God. If Jesus is in this context sitting at the right hand - it is a fearful thing when you come up against the Lord Jesus Christ, whom was God with them (the Word of God), with-in the body of Christ, and the Holy Spirit of God was with him.

All us can be judged when reading the Bible, but it's a good thing to be in awe and wonderment because of the wonderful works which God had provided by having sent his Word, for by whom all things were created all things.
32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;
The writer goes on to remembrance the former days, in which, after you were illuminated, you endured great fights and afflictions - - before they had been enlighten by Christ - they endured a great fight or afflictions.
33 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.
Remember, while you were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions, and partly, while you become companions of them that were so used.
34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
For you had compassion of me (the writer) in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and enduring substance.

A future hope of things that will come with-in heaven, which a better and enduring substance compared to this flesh that breaks down and dies.
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
Encouragement cast not away there for your confidence, which has great recompense of reward. There is a reward for those who continue in faith, in the Lord Yeshua.
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
For you (the audience being written to by the writer of Hebrews), have need of patience, that after you have done the will of God, you might receive the promise. A promise would be received and those who watched, waiting, seeking, would see Jesus when he would return with-in that Generation he had spoken to in his life, before his death, burial, and resurrection.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Another promise of Jesus coming back.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
The writer ends here saying the just shall live by faith; but if any man draws back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
The writer exclaims but we are not of them who draw back into faithlessness, but of them that believe in the saving of the soul.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The writer of Hebrews is writing to a group of Jewish people whom have heard about Jesus, and have been reading the message that has been wrote in which the writer goes on to say,

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very of the things, can never with with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually making the comers there unto perfect. This is speaking about how the sacrifices were not pleasing to God.

Because once the offering for sin has been offered, the person should be purged being no more conscience of sins that they had committed before. These sacrifices of bulls and animals did nothing in changing the heart of individuals.

But these continued sacrifices which they still had done to the very day of the message being written by the writer of hebrews to these Jewish people, is saying that the sacrifices keep a person in remembrance of sin, every year - which was something the Israelites had done by the culture which they had come from, and the Law of Moses which was upon them, and driven by the religious leaders in that time and age, which Jesus; had come to be the sacrifice which is far greater.

As you can see, there is no way the blood of bulls and of goats, should take away sins.

Here the writer, mentions - Wherefore when he - speaking of the word of God, came into the world, born in the flesh named Jesus, he said - Sacrifice and offering thou would not, but a body hast thou prepared me: (speaking of how the body of Christ, would be used for the sacrifice of sins; in which the Father would raise his son back up from Death, and the the Lord would have victory over death, even Satan and his angels, by defeating them, and paying for the price of sin that anyone whom seek out God in faith, perhaps experience a new and saved life by the Lord and his victory over, death, sin, satan, and hades.

No pleasure is taken in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin; which the Father has no pleasure in because it is not from a willingly participate to do the very will of God; which the Word of God; with that body of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit of God helping the Lord as he went and sought the Father out in prayer, in faith to help him, through his trials, and even temptations going on in his flesh vs his spirit.

The writer says that Jesus also states, Lo I come, (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy, will of God, a proclamation from the Son of God.

Writer reiterates, above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither had pleasure therein which are offered by the law. -- Therefore it seems God was never pleased with the offering which the law required people; to either choose to make offerings or not it was their own choice. He was always more pleased by those who had faith, and allowed their heart to mediate and him and his ways spiritually, rather than the sacrifices which was cows slaughtered placed on the altar.

Writer reiterates, then Jesus said Lo I come to do thy will of God. He taketh away the first, and that he may establish the second.

This reference stated here could be taken as the establishment of the Heavenly Kingdom of Jerusalem which people become children of God when they come to the Lord Jesus Christ, who takes away the law by fulfilling, and this doesn't mean the law is bad, for it is holy and good. Jesus fulfilled it, and that was how the body of Christ had become the payment for sin - for those who broke the law, the torah which was smashing Gods commandments.

Jesus came to establish a new administration which was spiritual, and the old ways were by and through the material - sacrifices, and offerings for sin, now Jesus having become sin, and then raised 3 days later, signified the payment of sin being payed for - the Holy Spirit would come after Jesus had rose up into the cloud and disappeared and the Gospel fo Christ would become spread the ends of the earth in that day in age.

The writer makes it clear that because of Jesus and his new administration, those who believe on him will be sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all.

The writer of Hebrews says, every priest stands daily ministering and offering often times the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

That means in that day in age, with all the priest that would possibly be available; would often times do the same sacrifices; but it never took away sins when people came to them; it never changed the heat it keep them in bondage, with Jesus he sets the captives free from the land of the darkness, into a land filled with light, a heavenly place.

Going forward, This man, the Lord Yeshua, after he had offered one scarce for sins for ever. This is meaning that the one sacrifice because of Jesus Christ, was one time and that one time would remain as the only time that it was paid for forever, which was the day that the Lord Jesus Christ had died.

In this moment of time, the writer notes that because of Jesus having become sin, and was raised by the spirit of God having paid for sins once and forever because of willingly giving up his own life - sits down on the right hand of God;

Here, the writer explains that - they are still expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. Thus, they were waiting for everything to be overcome, which is revealed in the Revelation, and all enemies, from death, satan and his angels, the false prophet, and the beast, and hades are all done away with. I believe that Jesus Christ has overcame all of these obstacles personally.

By the offering of the body of Christ - those who believe on him, are able to receive the Holy Spirit of God from the Lord Jesus Christ, which the Father hands over to him to send, and they start having a new life because of the Messiah.

Which the Holy Spirit of God also is a witness to us - meaning they are having and experience by and through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and believing on the Father, which was their witness that God was with them in faith. For after that he said before,

The writer goes on to quote Jeremiah 31; This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says Yahweh, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them.

This a promise of fulfillment that the writer of Hebrews is pointing out to the people whom come from the Jewish culture who are seeking to learn more information about who Jesus Christ, and the writer of hebrews does a great job at explaining.

So therefore if this promise was fulfilled in that day, Yahweh also will do the same thing, for those who draw near to the Father by and through the Lord Jesus Christ, and Yahweh, will put his laws into their hearts and in their minds will I write them; how? By the Holy Spirit of God that is given to those who now place their faith in Christ, rather than in the law.
Lu 22:19 . . .This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 . . .my blood, that which is poured out for you.

Reactions: MatthewG