The sadness of a false gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False gospels have deceived and are now deceiving many. We have a duty a commission to speak the truth in love.

A preacher ran across a Roman catholic priest in Louisiana that had a mission. He was trying to raise more money and awareness to help pray a man out of purgatory. He told the Christian minister that they had all of him prayed out excepting for one leg.

One leg?! The preacher said it would have been funny if it weren't so tragic. This is a good example of the tragic results of believing a false gospel. A worldly devilish message of Jesus plus.

Jesus plus circumcision, Jesus plus keeping the sabbath, Jesus plus purgatory, Jesus plus anything.

How blessed we are to have been able to buy the truth and sell it not. That God and the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ abide in our heart and we don't have to run after strange and perverse doctrines.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
False gospels have deceived and are now deceiving many. We have a duty a commission to speak the truth in love.

A preacher ran across a Roman catholic priest in Louisiana that had a mission. He was trying to raise more money and awareness to help pray a man out of purgatory. He told the Christian minister that they had all of him prayed out excepting for one leg.

One leg?! The preacher said it would have been funny if it weren't so tragic. This is a good example of the tragic results of believing a false gospel. A worldly devilish message of Jesus plus.

Jesus plus circumcision, Jesus plus keeping the sabbath, Jesus plus purgatory, Jesus plus anything.

How blessed we are to have been able to buy the truth and sell it not. That God and the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ abide in our heart and we don't have to run after strange and perverse doctrines.
I don't believe this nonsense.
Either the preacher was lying or the priest was crazy.
I used to be Catholic and know the doctrines of that church, and the above is sheer stupidity.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What I AM worried about is all these persons that go about saying silly things they've heard of the internet, maybe youtube. I was checking out some sermons there and some of them are pure nonsense.

What I AM worried about is all these persons going about saying how they cannot lose their salvation when Jesus made it clear that it can be lost due to not following His commands.

Oh. And I also dearly like how some believe God likes the eenie meenie mynee moe game to pick who gets saved and who doesn't.

Let's concentrate on what is real and not some made up story by some preacher.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
First of all that persons are paid according to body parts is rediculous.

Second of all, no one in the Catholic church will tell you that purgatory is a burning fire. NO ONE THERE knows exactly what purgatory would be like. Anyone who says differently is living in the dark ages.

I've also learned about FAKE NEWS. I don't trust the internet for news anymore.

And this woman is crazy. Looks like she must keep some of the money for herself. It would be only right...say 10 to 15%.

Much nonsense is also said about protestants. Let's not fall for false
teachings...!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The preacher was Jimmy Swaggert, a native Louisian and he was dead serious. He was preaching in his home church. I have not exaggerated what he said. South Louisiana I think he said. He reiterated in his message that he was dead serious and I had no reason to disbelieve him.

ridiculous?
Were indulgences ridiculous?

Is Mary touted as God's mother ridiculous?

Is Mary being prayed to and asked to pray
ridiculous?

Are hundreds of men denied marriage against the biblical laws ridiculous?

Of course these and a hundred other tenets of the RC church are ridiculous but they go on with the pope being the heretic in chief.

Email Swaggert he preached it.

I've ran afoul of demonic Roman catholic doctrines before in my own family. There's something wrong if you have to defend anti-biblical doctrines. Once more with feeling, Roman Catholicism is straight out of hell - not purgatory..

How many protestants hold strange beliefs. Many. A man I once spoke to went ballistic when I mentioned that I loved to dove hunt. His eyes got as bjg as Elsie the cow's and he went on a tirade about doves being a "HOOOOOLLLLYYY" bird. He mentioned them being a Hoooo-lllly bird more than once. I was taken aback.

Have you ever ran across diverse and strange doctrines? Get off my back and take it up with the pope. For some reason I've seen many former catholics continue to defend their former church. In my own family I've seen but never understand it.

I will not knowingly post any blather or untruths here. What I posted was exactly as Jimmy Swaggert preached it. I was genuinely touched by the ignorance of such a thing. I resent your accusations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why couldn't I think of this scam?
ha--getting rich is really easy, just cater to ppls desires, like she did, you cannot cheat an honest man.
You could make 6 figures printing certificates of admission to the afterlife and selling them online if you wanted to lol

plus, we are seeing "scam," but she likely truly "believes" in that, right

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The preacher was Jimmy Swaggert, a native Louisian and he was dead serious. He was preaching in his home church. I have not exaggerated what he said. South Louisiana I think he said. He reiterated in his message that he was dead serious and I had no reason to disbelieve him.

ridiculous?
Were indulgences ridiculous?

Is Mary touted as God's mother ridiculous?

Is Mary being prayed to and asked to pray
ridiculous?

Are hundreds of men denied marriage against the biblical laws ridiculous?

Of course these and a hundred other tenets of the RC church are ridiculous but they go on with the pope being the heretic in chief.

Email Swaggert he preached it.

I've ran afoul of demonic Roman catholic doctrines before in my own family. There's something wrong if you have to defend anti-biblical doctrines. Once more with feeling, Roman Catholicism is straight out of hell - not purgatory..

How many protestants hold strange beliefs. Many. A man I once spoke to went ballistic when I mentioned that I loved to dove hunt. His eyes got as bjg as Elsie the cow's and he went on a tirade about doves being a "HOOOOOLLLLYYY" bird. He mentioned them being a Hoooo-lllly bird more than once. I was taken aback.

Have you ever ran across diverse and strange doctrines? Get off my back and take it up with the pope. For some reason I've seen many former catholics continue to defend their former church. In my own family I've seen but never understand it.

I will not knowingly post any blather or untruths here. What I posted was exactly as Jimmy Swaggert preached it. I was genuinely touched by the ignorance of such a thing. I resent your accusations.
Frank,
I didn't mean my criticism for YOU. I said either the preacher is lying, and Swaggart has been known to lie, or the priest is crazy. People do NOT get out of purgatory a body piece at a time.

If you speak to Catholic theologians they'll tell you that they're not sure what purgatory is. It could last a second. It could be a wall of glass looking into heaven and not being able to reach it. NOBODY KNOWS what purgatory is like. The bible speaks of fire, being refined by fire.
FIRE IS JESUS. This is in Corinthians but I can't remember a lot about it. I did study this a few years ago.
Hebrew 12:29
Acts 2:3
Malachi 3:3

I'm Protestant by choice. Before leaving the Catholic church i did a lot of comaprison and many ideas persons have are wrong.

BTW, I like Jimmy Swaggart. Saw him in Madison Square Garden more than once. It was always packed. Back in the 80's when he was very popular and before all his troubles. He never should have repeated such a dumb idea, even if some crazy priest did say it.

So here's what I think:

Indulgences are pretty dumb. Man-made rules.

Mary is taught to be the mother of the Son of God. She was Jesus' mother.

Catholics are not supposed to pray to Mary like they do to God. I think a way to explain it is that they could talk to her as one would talk to a dead loved one. Of course, I don't believe in speaking to dead people.
They're in a better place than we are --- some anyway.

Priests should be allowed to be married. It was not always like this and although I understand why, I don't agree with it.

I defend the Catholic church because I know they're trying to do their best with what they have, which is a really big crowd of uninformed persons. The bishop here is trying to dissuade people from having processions...good luck. They do put the emphasis on Jesus, it's how people want to understand things and how they are not properly trained.

That's all I have to say on Catholics. There are other churches that should be condemned more, but we seem to concentrate on the CC.

Anyway, I wasn't accuse YOU so you can't resent my accusations, unless you're supporting Swaggart. I happen to like your posts and respect your writings.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha, i guess someone has 2 million reasons to disagree with you tho lol
Well, maybe we could think up something false and tell people it's necessary for salvation but they have to buy it.
Get rich quick scheme...
LOL

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha--getting rich is really easy, just cater to ppls desires, like she did, you cannot cheat an honest man.
You could make 6 figures printing certificates of admission to the afterlife and selling them online if you wanted to lol

plus, we are seeing "scam," but she likely truly "believes" in that, right
If she's a sincere Catholic, she CANNOT believe in that.
Catholics pray for people in purgatory. The money they pay for cards and the such is for maintenance of the church bldg, etc. Also, the priests keep some of the money because they earn so little. I never pay to have my catholic relatives be prayed for; however, I do donate the the church every now and then since some in my family do make use of it -- and so do I sometimes.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If she's a sincere Catholic, she CANNOT believe in that.
Catholics pray for people in purgatory.
these two sentences are anathema to each other?
at least to me, sorry

understand that this is not the same person as the op tho, even if i doubt she is far apart from them

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
these two sentences are anathema to each other?
at least to me, sorry

understand that this is not the same person as the op tho, even if i doubt she is far apart from them
Sorry bb.
I mean that people could pray for those in purgatory, but it's no longer acceptable to PAY for them to get out.
The payments are for the church, not to get them out.
(I didn't say this???)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sorry bb.
I mean that people could pray for those in purgatory, but it's no longer acceptable to PAY for them to get out.
The payments are for the church, not to get them out.
(I didn't say this???)
ha, you might have, but unfortunately i do not share your belief in Purgatory,
nor payments to any but an Established (government) church, so we are barely even speaking the same language i guess

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture is purgatory spoken of? It is not. Wishful thinking for those who know there is no purgatory.

Why are so many things added to the Bible that are just not there.

Purgatory is just another Jesus plus doctrine. These seeds of doubt and devilish doctrines get planted by the RC church and seem very hard to root out once accepted. The trouble is people accepted the false teaching as truth.

As I said in my very first sentence;

I shall never cease praising God for saving me from any and all denominations. Whether it be Roman Catholic or Baptist. I owe them nothing. Only to Jesus Christ do I owe my full allegiance. He said nothing of purgatory.

A challenge, Show me purgatory in the Bible...

Reactions: bbyrd009