The salvation journey.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The salvation journey is a sort of process. It starts with the life, work and sacrifice Christ did while on earth, This is Grace. His work on Calvary cannot be imitated, added onto, or made better in any way.

Salvation is by Grace through Faith.
Salvation is by that free unmerited favor, "through a correct response" Faith.

So with this understanding that a completed work has been done, "FINISHED", how do we respond to that free gift?

This starts a process that i would like to go through step by step, from the very beginning. I'm not promoting steps or phases, those are the words I'm using to highlight each specific happening.

Here is the first thing we must agree on.
At the very start of the salvation journey, we are all in the same state of being. And that is we are born into this world and have been bought and paid for by the work of Jesus Christ on Calvary, This is Grace. At this beginning stage, although we are under Grace "we do not have the Spirit of Christ inside us yet."

Do you agree with this opening understanding?

This is basic a basic understanding, but want to establish a place of agreement by anyone who wants to discuss this honestly.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By Spirit of Christ, do you mean the Holy Spirit?

Or are you equating the Spirit of Christ with sanctification?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The salvation journey is a sort of process. It starts with the life, work and sacrifice Christ did while on earth, This is Grace. His work on Calvary cannot be imitated, added onto, or made better in any way.

So with this understanding that a completed work has been done, "FINISHED", how do we respond to that free gift?

This starts a process that i would like to go through step by step, from the very beginning. I'm not promoting steps or phases, those are the words I'm using to highlight each specific happening.

At the very start of the salvation journey, we are all in the same state of being. And that is we are born into this world and have been bought and paid for by the work of Jesus Christ on Calvary, This is Grace. At this beginning stage, although we are under Grace "we do not have the Spirit of Christ inside us yet."

This is basic a basic understanding, but want to establish a place of agreement by anyone who wants to discuss this honestly.
I disagree

The world is not under grace, they are under pretty much law. While grace has paid for them to come under grace, God will not force it on anyone.

A non believer is in a condemned state (he who believes is not condemned, he who does not believe is condemned already
A non believer is dead in his or her sin
A non believer needs to be born again
A non believer must chose to receive the gift of salvation. or continue to live n unbelief, in essence, reject the gift of salvation and remain in a condemned state

People under grace are no longer in a condemned state. They have passed from death to life. they have been born again. They are saved by grace through faith

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will give an opportunity for several people to respond.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree

The world is not under grace, they are under pretty much law. While grace has paid for them to come under grace, God will not force it on anyone.

A non believer is in a condemned state (he who believes is not condemned, he who does not believe is condemned already
A non believer is dead in his or her sin
A non believer needs to be born again
A non believer must chose to receive the gift of salvation. or continue to live n unbelief, in essence, reject the gift of salvation and remain in a condemned state

People under grace are no longer in a condemned state. They have passed from death to life. they have been born again. They are saved by grace through faith

My point is we all start at a place where we are apart of the field Christ has purchased, but at this point, we haven't received the Spirit f Christ yet.

Try not to jump ahead.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is we all start at a place where we are apart of the field Christ has purchased, but at this point, we haven't received the Spirit f Christ yet.

Try not to jump ahead.
Not trying to jump ahead, Just trying to get the facts straight.

You said we begin under a state of grace before we are saved, that's not true.

We are under a state of condemnation before we are saved. If we do not get this right. we may mess up the rest of the salvation process.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Try not to jump ahead.
Evidently, you think not.
I want to watch the thread unfold. I don't know where you are going with this unless you are going to speak of baptism.
Or something else.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not trying to jump ahead, Just trying to get the facts straight.

You said we begin under a state of grace before we are saved, that's not true.

We are under a state of condemnation before we are saved. If we do not get this right. we may mess up the rest of the salvation process.

Your misrepresenting what I've said. I'm going to put you on ignore for this thread, sorry EG.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evidently, you think not.
I want to watch the thread unfold. I don't know where you are going with this unless you are going to speak of baptism.
Or something else.

Ok Cassandra, thanks for an honest reply.

I'm hoping Ernest chimes in.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your misrepresenting what I've said. I'm going to put you on ignore for this thread, sorry EG.
Then you can correct me and show me how I misrepresented what you said. You used the word spirit and seal. What other seal could you be talking about?

I was actually saying it to help you and show you what the word says

To just put me on ignore is rude.

if that's the way your gonna be I hope everyone puts this thread on ignore. Because it shows your not open.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are ya doing that to EG ? If it is not the right answer, then it is no answer? Are we supposed to puppet something back? Are you asking for discussion, or is this a lecture?
If I misunderstood him he could have corrected me or showed me how I misunderstood him.

That's what discussions do. we discuss back and forth.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

bumped