The Saviour of the world !?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
considering the broad road etc has He failed - twinc

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are comparing the broad path to destruction with the narrow path to salvation and everlasting life, I don't think so. The early rain - the giving of the Holy Spirit endowed the Apostles with power and courage. They all laid down their lives for the Gospel of the Kingdom. We have the promise of the latter rain, which I believe will restore the Faith in believers, and revive the desire in others to turn to Christ for forgiveness! this out pouring of the Spirit {latter rain} will be poured out on all peoples, even non-believers. What will that be like, there will be those that reject it, and there will be those that embrace it. The faith that was first delivered to the Saints has deteriorated over the last 17 hundred years or so, But nothing is to hard for God, and or our Savior, Hope is the evidence of things not seen. He didn't Fail on the tree that He created, and He will not Fail to those that were chosen from the foundation of the world. I wasn't sure where you were going with the broad road? hope I was fallowing your lead!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
considering the broad road etc has He failed - twinc
No. We are not witnessing "what will be" the result of God's salvation efforts, but what "is" the result of his incredible master plan. History is his story - which is already written, and he is simply telling us in our own real time how he has separated darkness from light and triumphed good over evil: He has preserved his own righteousness, and blotted out the wicked. This is good!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
No. We are not witnessing "what will be" the result of God's salvation efforts, but what "is" the result of his incredible master plan. History is his story - which is already written, and he is simply telling us in our own real time how he has separated darkness from light and triumphed good over evil: He has preserved his own righteousness, and blotted out the wicked. This is good!

the problem is there are too many master plans all claiming to be the master plan but even after requesting special consideration for the broad road it goes unconsidered - so consider the broad road to uncover the master plan - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
If you are comparing the broad path to destruction with the narrow path to salvation and everlasting life, I don't think so. The early rain - the giving of the Holy Spirit endowed the Apostles with power and courage. They all laid down their lives for the Gospel of the Kingdom. We have the promise of the latter rain, which I believe will restore the Faith in believers, and revive the desire in others to turn to Christ for forgiveness! this out pouring of the Spirit {latter rain} will be poured out on all peoples, even non-believers. What will that be like, there will be those that reject it, and there will be those that embrace it. The faith that was first delivered to the Saints has deteriorated over the last 17 hundred years or so, But nothing is to hard for God, and or our Savior, Hope is the evidence of things not seen. He didn't Fail on the tree that He created, and He will not Fail to those that were chosen from the foundation of the world. I wasn't sure where you were going with the broad road? hope I was fallowing your lead!

so what has caused this deterioration - so lets start by ridding ourselves of false misled and misleading teachers and preachers claiming special inspiration and guidance via the Holy Spirit - twinc

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the problem is there are too many master plans all claiming to be the master plan but even after requesting special consideration for the broad road it goes unconsidered - so consider the broad road to uncover the master plan - twinc
Not sure I follow you.

The road is broad for a reason. But the broad road is like flying into darkness.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
twinc Wide is the path to destruction! Narrow is the path to Life! well am I following you, or am I dense? the deterioration of the faith is that man has slipped his own opinion into what is being taught. take Nimrod for example! this is where men started to call man god, man will always be influenced by others. Power is the biggest reason men try to control man, Wealth comes with power, and the two together brings influence. thou shall not add to the word, and thou shall not diminish from the word. if we add to or take away we no longer have the word of God, we have the word of men. weather it is the word of God or the words of Jesus!

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
twinc Wide is the path to destruction! Narrow is the path to Life! well am I following you, or am I dense? the deterioration of the faith is that man has slipped his own opinion into what is being taught. take Nimrod for example! this is where men started to call man god, man will always be influenced by others. Power is the biggest reason men try to control man, Wealth comes with power, and the two together brings influence. thou shall not add to the word, and thou shall not diminish from the word. if we add to or take away we no longer have the word of God, we have the word of men. weather it is the word of God or the words of Jesus!

agreed - and so what have we got - how do we undo all this false stuff from the past and even now - lets just see has and is scriptures being correctly interpreted - just lets take the broad road,does it say many will be on it to the end of the road or saved even before they reach the end of the road - scripture says every knee shall bow and every tongue confess and Jesus clearly said "I have come not to judge the world but to save it" - only here it seems are you going to hear the original really really good news gospel and glad tidings of great joy - the original oral teaching has been added to even though not many know this is exactly why the Bible was written to try and prevent this from happening[Jn.20:31] and guess what Jesus had said at Lk 18:17 viz it is very difficuklt if not impossible for adults to simply simply believe - this is also why scriptures were written but not many will accept this interpretation - twinc

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well in the Old Testament the people of Israel were to keep a seventh year Sabbath, and during this year off from Planting, pruning, and farming they were to come to the Temple and Hear the Torah {Law} read by the Priests, so that, that seven year old boy would Hear, Understand, and Obey. the Scriptures are to be simple to understand,the Problem today is that some take a verse here and a verse there and make a doctrine out of them. Context context context. you would not receive a letter from a friend and start to read it in the middle,you start it from the beginning and read to the end. peter gets a vision on the roof roof the tanner, about a sheet with all sorts of unclean animals and creeping things,the Church says !!! see we can eat what ever we want, BUT peter explains at the end! that GOD was showing Him that He should not call any MAN unclean. Peter tells us what was meant by the vision. For The Doctrines Of Man Make The Word Of God To No Effect!!! I am only bringing this up because Man will do what He thinks is Right. Jewish people looked at Gentiles as if they were Dogs, Even Jesus said to a women,it is not right to give the bread to the dogs, and she replied " even the dogs eat of the crumbs that fall from the table" Jews did not have anything to do with Gentiles, so for Peter this was a Revelation! there are to many Doctrines that have been established over the centuries that have come into being in like manner.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Well in the Old Testament the people of Israel were to keep a seventh year Sabbath, and during this year off from Planting, pruning, and farming they were to come to the Temple and Hear the Torah {Law} read by the Priests, so that, that seven year old boy would Hear, Understand, and Obey. the Scriptures are to be simple to understand,the Problem today is that some take a verse here and a verse there and make a doctrine out of them. Context context context. you would not receive a letter from a friend and start to read it in the middle,you start it from the beginning and read to the end. peter gets a vision on the roof roof the tanner, about a sheet with all sorts of unclean animals and creeping things,the Church says !!! see we can eat what ever we want, BUT peter explains at the end! that GOD was showing Him that He should not call any MAN unclean. Peter tells us what was meant by the vision. For The Doctrines Of Man Make The Word Of God To No Effect!!! I am only bringing this up because Man will do what He thinks is Right. Jewish people looked at Gentiles as if they were Dogs, Even Jesus said to a women,it is not right to give the bread to the dogs, and she replied " even the dogs eat of the crumbs that fall from the table" Jews did not have anything to do with Gentiles, so for Peter this was a Revelation! there are to many Doctrines that have been established over the centuries that have come into being in like manner.

lets just take a single example - again and again we are asked and told we must be a 'born again' Christian but this is not what Jesus says in the bible - btw Paul tells us we simply cannot do what we cannot do and Jn 20:31 tells us we must simply simply believe and this is why the bible is written but Jesus tells us [Lk 18:17] that it is very difficult if not impossible for adults to simply simply believe - twinc

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well what is it about children, that makes them different from Adults. For one they have not been polluted by the world, in any sense. they look to Adults for understanding, and they accept what they hear, without doubt. So as Adults we are to except the Words of Jesus without Doubt, Just as Abraham Believed the Promise's of God, which were attributed to Him as Righteousness! I have had my doubts, but it seams that every time I have them, something happens or some one will say something that will confirm to me, in me that what I believe is Truth. Your statement "Born Again" to me means that I have been given a new life, to go 180 degrees, to turn from my wicked ways,and follow the Saviors instructions, If I Love Him to keep His Commandments! I was Wicked, I was Lost, I was without Hope! severed from the Creator of Heaven and Earth. It is not Impossible, My life was changed in a moment, the experience I had was life changing, I have fallen down and I have Gotten up, and I continue to go Forward in the Faith. that is why Paul say's Fight the good Fight,Run the Race for the the prize of the calling of God. not well said but you should understand what I mean, just paraphrasing! Nothing is Easy, But it is Simple,Simple, "Believe"

Last edited: