The Shack

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Has anyone read the Shack by William P. Young? I just got through with it....I could not put it down...read it in two days! Just wondered if anyone else has read it and what they thought about it.

Charlies Angel

May 23, 2008
My friends dad is a pastor and recommended that I read it. I haven't bought a copy but plan to real soon.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
My sister seriously sat next to Michael w. Smith on a plane a couple weeks ago- got pictures and junk...he also gave her an autographed copy of this book. Im gonna look into it soon

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
The Shack is full of false doctrine looked past by people who are emotionally swept out into the sea of deception. They look past the truth of God's Word because they want a god of their own making, one who fails to punish for sin unrepented of.The primary source of this bad doctrine is because the trinity of The Shack Book is not the Trinity of the Bible. Rather it is the goddess Kali.This is the book for you if you believe in a Universal salvation without seeking forgiveness, if you want a god who loves without logic, and if you don't know or don't care about biblical truth and sound doctrine.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I read it as a fictional book, I did not read it as the Bible. I loved the way He interacted with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I do not think I could write a book and portray a relationship with the three -in- one that I can not explain. The universal thing went passed me, except that his dad was there (but maybe he was one of God's troubled kids...his life was cut short by another). Any way I liked the book, and I do not consider myself easily decieved ( I am more open minded than critical.. as I use to be)I also liked the fact that God is more interested in healing us spiritually/emotionally than judging. I liked how he turned the judging around and asked Mac to judge between his kids.Any fictional book....if you go in to it critical, you will find something. I would love to have a weekend and interact with my father/savior/comforter as Mac did in the book.