The Simple Gospel of Grace:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 15:1-5
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
NKJV

Christ died for our sins.
He was buried but rose again the third day
He was seen by the 12

This is the gospel of grace in which the children of God stand. The children of God are made children because of their faith in this gospel plus nothing.

2 Cor 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
NKJV

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
1 Cor 15:1-5
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
NKJV

Christ died for our sins.
He was buried but rose again the third day
He was seen by the 12

This is the gospel of grace in which the children of God stand. The children of God are made children because of their faith in this gospel plus nothing.

2 Cor 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
NKJV
Sounds good.
Now if you would just end it here....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
How many will be taken in by the false gospel bring presented...that is ABOUT grace...as opposed to the true gospel of the kingdom which is ACCORDING to grace. IOW a gospel in the power of God.

Grace fulfills the law or else it is a false idea of grace.
but that gets you crickets so far with ol HR right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the same subject, over and over and over, regardless of any comments, oblivious of any other posters but yourself, over and over with the exact same subject/belief of yours, that is not even true and no religious person much even tries to get away with?

This Walt Disney "believe hard enough and say the magic words" bs again, HR, Really?

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods

Ephesians 2:8----------faith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>saves
Acts 11:18------------repentance>>>>>>>>>>>unto life
Romans 10:10---------confession>>>>>>>>>>>unto salvation
1 Peter 3:21-------------baptism>>>>>>>>>>>>saves

Since there is just one way to be saved, no alternatives, a NT faith INCLUDES repentance, confession and baptism.

John 1:12 belief gives one the right to become a child of God, belief by itself does not make one a child of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
HR i aready know a little convo or even a speech by someone will not make you see that God loves you just the way you are, and all is forgiven, but thats really the way it is bro. And i mean not too hard to see you just got raised by some maybe Fundies or whatever, who persecuted you for being who you are, and you never heard a confession from their lips your whole life, right? Bc see they were raised by wolves, too bro, doesnt mean they didnt love you or werent trying their best. Thats just what you are here to overcome i guess?

But changing the Bible and or staying deliberately ignorant of It is not going to help i think, ok? And i know this maybe sounds antichrist to believers but imo at least being proud of who you are and getting a little but pissed at those who warped you and at God, too, for that matter, is not a bad idea, ok? Better than burying it bro. I say this bc i dont think you can forgive what has not been acknowledged

Bc when is the last time you heard anyone raise a valid complaint against you? I mean you might be stone deaf in that area too, why i get the distinct impression you are not i dont even know, i mean you could be a total hedonist but for some reason i doubt it

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
see i didnt mention that Romans v8 to v9 switch in the "we" so you could remove it from the very top of your opening post, and rip it out of your Bible too bro?

crap gotta go pound some posts in, i'll clarify that again when i come back i guess, and see then what? You just pray to God prolly that there will be no witnesses here, and your Bible just shrinks a little more? I mean i know you cant really believe that that is the way to go?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
6He will repay each one according to his works:
tip-toeing through a minefield for you, huh? And God forbid we should go take a look at that previous chapter, that you have cherry-picked to death, where Abraham was credited with righteousness while he was still uncircumcised, see.

Ah, here it is,
8But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!
9Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.

so, Believers like to believe that "us" up there = "Christians," right, but that is not what Paul is saying at all, see, sinners are sinners, Christian sinners are still just sinners. So when a believer says "we" they are usually...not meaning the same "we" as Paul at all, right? "We" has been appropriated for US right? So then Paul's "we," US digs a pit for them right.

And this is the group you are seeking to become a part of, that intentionally reads Paul to their own destruction?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many will be taken in by the false gospel bring presented...that is ABOUT grace...as opposed to the true gospel of the kingdom which is ACCORDING to grace. IOW a gospel in the power of God.

Grace fulfills the law or else it is a false idea of grace.

Because we know that grace is unmerited favour in that it is the power of God within us to do what we cannot do.
I see that you must be confirming the OP.
Yet somehow it comes across as an attack? Surely not. ;)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And woe to you all encouraging this crap too, shame on you
whether i mention it or not, see

You obviously have no concept at all what the grace of God is.

We are told in Eph 6
10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
; "

I believe you have lost your shoes, if you ever put them on? LOL

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You obviously have no concept at all what the grace of God is.

We are told in Eph 6
10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
; "

I believe you have lost your shoes, if you ever put them on? LOL
ok, go with that then Helen, its no problem for me babe
you dont have to ask HR why he changed his op or anything sweetie
be an ostrich if you like

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet somehow it comes across as an attack? Surely not.
If you have not noticed already, Episkopos has his own brand of theology (somewhat akin to Gnosticism), which is at variance with Bible truth. He does NOT believe that God justifies sinners purely by His grace, because they have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Correct me if I am wrong, Episkopos, and let's see a plain statement of fact from you that you do believe this Gospel of Grace as presented in Scripture.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many will be taken in by the false gospel bring presented...that is ABOUT grace...as opposed to the true gospel of the kingdom which is ACCORDING to grace. IOW a gospel in the power of God. Grace fulfills the law or else it is a false idea of grace.
Why don't you stick with the Gospel as given instead of manufacturing your own gospel?

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why don't you stick with the Gospel as given instead of manufacturing your own gospel?

How can I but bear witness to the eternal truth that is witnessed both in the words of the bible and in the life of Jesus that comes from His resurrection life by the Spirit? Those are my witnesses...and also they to whom is revealed the power of the gospel. God reveals Himself to those who seek Him from a pure heart....but hides Himself from the religiously inclined.

If you were to look closer at the words from God honestly...without looking through a human method of interpretation (that leads you into such error that you can't endure sound doctrine), you would see that I say nothing that isn't fully backed up by both the prophecy of the OT and the testimony of the NT.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you were to look closer at the words from God honestly...<snip>, you would see that I say nothing that isn't fully backed up by both the prophecy of the OT and the testimony of the NT.

Problem is Epi...so do all the rest of us.. we would not post if we didn't believe that we were posting that which is clearly in God's word!
No one is here deliberately posting error .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Problem is Epi...so do all the rest of us.. we would not post if we didn't believe that we were posting that which is clearly in God's word!
No one is here deliberately posting error .

What I see is a dismissal of verses that contradict a person's position.

Look at how often the fear of the Lord is cited as crucial for salvation...yet who takes any notice?

It's not as if the evidence isn't there. It's the indoctrination that makes the bible a book that one can pick and choose from.

What I see lacking is honesty.