The Simplicity of the Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a very simple message. It is so simple that even a small child can understand it.

Paul wrote, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.

What is complicated and confusing is religion. In the Gospel, Jesus comes into the world as humanities representative. His mission is to do for fallen humanity what fallen humanity cannot do for itself. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, "And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" 1 John 2:2. That's it. That is all that anyone needs to know to be saved. That is the Gospel in two scriptures. No, you don't need to go to Catholic school to be saved. All that you need to do is to believe in Jesus, John 3:16.

Religion says, "You must confess, you must repent, you must be baptized, you must, you must, you must and if you don't you will be anathema". The Gospel is so simple that many find it to be offensive. "You mean to say that all that I have to do to be saved is to believe in Jesus?" That's right. Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Jesus said, "Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, didn't I" Matthew 7:21-23. These are the religious people that believe that you must, you must, you must, or you will not be saved. Religion is not an indication of faith. Religion is an indication of the absence of faith.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a very simple message. It is so simple that even a small child can understand it.

Paul wrote, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.

What is complicated and confusing is religion. In the Gospel, Jesus comes into the world as humanities representative. His mission is to do for fallen humanity what fallen humanity cannot do for itself. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, "And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" 1 John 2:2. That's it. That is all that anyone needs to know to be saved. That is the Gospel in two scriptures. No, you don't need to go to Catholic school to be saved. All that you need to do is to believe in Jesus, John 3:16.

Religion says, "You must confess, you must repent, you must be baptized, you must, you must, you must and if you don't you will be anathema". The Gospel is so simple that many find it to be offensive. "You mean to say that all that I have to do to be saved is to believe in Jesus?" That's right. Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Jesus said, "Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, didn't I" Matthew 7:21-23. These are the religious people that believe that you must, you must, you must, or you will not be saved. Religion is not an indication of faith. Religion is an indication of the absence of faith.
So true. The Gospel is Christ, period. :)

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly. This is why Paul wrote, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.
Nothing so complicated could ever be said more simply: Jesus, the one who we should begin our new year with, the one who gave us eternity to spend with him.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing so complicated could ever be said more simply: Jesus, the one who we should begin our new year with, the one who gave us eternity to spend with him.
If you don't want to spend time with him now, you are not going to want to spend eternity with him.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christ's Authority From The Father

John 7:14-24​

14 Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.
19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

20 The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?
21 Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.
22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.
19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

20 The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?
22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were all written under the Old Covenant of rules, laws and religion. Under the New Covenant the just shall live by faith, Romans 1:17.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie
I think what you're saying is that the simplicity of the Gospel consists of addressing God Himself, together with His power? Without it we're just talking about empty religion. But what really matters is God Himself and whether we respond to His word or not?

Regardless, you posted some great Scriptures there! :)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were all written under the Old Covenant of rules, laws and religion. Under the New Covenant the just shall live by faith, Romans 1:17.
I do not comprehend the claimants of NT GRACE, whom say they are believers, yet they want to live under the OT covenant to the JEWS

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think what you're saying is that the simplicity of the Gospel consists of addressing God Himself, together with His power? Without it we're just talking about empty religion. But what really matters is God Himself and whether we respond to His word or not?

Regardless, you posted some great Scriptures there! :)
Yes Randy, understanding by revelation from Him and doing what He has said makes that difference for our Salvation, :)

Love, Walter and Debbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that I have is the Bible and the Bible says, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what you do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law (what you do) is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.
Good morning Robert, Yet The Bible Speaks For Itself. This expression comes from the New Testament. It is found in the wording of 2 Peter 1:20, Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. Taken by itself, and wrongfully taken out of context, this verse has been misinterpreted to mean we must not interpret the Bible for ourselves.

Love, Walter

Reactions: Ritajanice

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning Robert, Yet The Bible Speaks For Itself. This expression comes from the New Testament. It is found in the wording of 2 Peter 1:20, Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. Taken by itself, and wrongfully taken out of context, this verse has been misinterpreted to mean we must not interpret the Bible for ourselves.

Love, Walter
2 Peter 1:20 tells us that the scriptures are the word of God for everyone. Everything that we need to know is in the scriptures. Many try to interpret the Bible in the light of their religion. I interpret everything in the light of the New Covenant, the Gospel and justification by faith. All of which is in the Bible.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.