The Sin of the Consumption of Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What Mungo said ...( and a bit more. ha!) Jesus said :-
"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
He was showing them that the law can never be attained to by 'doing'...He Himself came to fulfil the law and said so.
Romans 10 :4 "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

In my book there is only one Law ( divided in two) ... "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." What Law??

"And thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

So, enjoy your bacon ! :)

PS..and it wasn't "according to Mungo"..the response is 'according to the scriptures' . What any of us "think" is of no consequence!:)

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So according to you a man may now eat and drink blood, even though the apostles themselves also forbade it?

I assume you are referring to Acts 15. We could spend time arguing about that but it is irrelevant to the issue of whether the "Law of Moses" has been abolished.

Reactions: Helen

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assume you are referring to Acts 15. We could spend time arguing about that but it is irrelevant to the issue of whether the Law of Moses has been abolished.

This topic is about the consumption of blood, which relates to the Law not being abolished, which is why the apostles reiterated not consuming blood in obedience to the Law.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It took them a while to come out from under the law...especially Peter..that is why Paul as it says in Acts " Withstood him to his face"... Paul was the grace man...until finally Peter 'saw it' ..on the roof top, the vision of the clean and unclean animals ...and God says- " Peter, call not unclean what I have cleansed."

When we are in Glory...God will not care one iota if we have cooked our lamb with a bit of blood, or "eaten with unwashed hands" ....God will only look for the acid test of LOVE...He loved..therefore He has commanded us to LOVE as He loves...that is or 'work' and co labouring , with Him.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It took them a while to come out from under the law...especially Peter..that is why Paul as it says in Acts " Withstood him to his face"... Paul was the grace man...until finally Peter 'saw it' ..on the roof top, the vision of the clean and unclean animals ...and God says- " Peter, call not unclean what I have cleansed."

When we are in Glory...God will not care one iota if we have cooked our lamb with a bit of blood, or "eaten with unwashed hands" ....God will only look for the acid test of LOVE...He loved..therefore He has commanded us to LOVE as He loves...that is or 'work' and co labouring , with Him.

Your statements are complete blasphemy, and this is precisely why many of you will be cast out on the day of judgment, because you are "lawless",

And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ (Matthew 7:23 [ESV])

Thinking that the Law is abolished, when even Jesus Christ himself said this,

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17 [NIV])

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:18 [NIV])

It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law. (Luke 16:17 [NIV])

And you foolishly confuse matters of the Law that are foreshadows, such as circumcision, festivals, foods, which are no longer observed in the new covenant, to mean that the entire law has been abolished, which you do to your own destruction. And you think that the favor that is given through Jesus Christ is a permissibility to break the Law, when it is in fact quite the contrary, that you may be forgiven of past sins so that you may then henceforth obey and fulfill the law at the baptism of the holy spirit which comes through belief in Jesus Christ.

And because of your confusion regarding the Law, even in such matters as simple as abstaining from blood, which is a command that has clearly existed even before the Law was given to Moses, which even the apostles forbade, you also readily discard abstaining from blood because of your own wickedness! And say, "...God will not care one iota if we have cooked our lamb with a bit of blood..."

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There was a clash in Antioch as to whether Gentile Christians had to become Jews first and be circumcised. The ruling was that they didn't. However to keep the peace they were instructed to avoid things that would upset the Jewish Christians, such as blood.

If you read Galatians, especially chapter 2-4 you will see the same problem of people Judaising. Paul was adamant that they must not go back to being under the Law.

I could write a lot on this but I'm shortly going away for a few days. Perhaps I'll come back to it when I return and start a thread on it.

Reactions: Helen

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your statements are complete blasphemy, and this is precisely why many of you will be cast out on the day of judgment, because you are "lawless",

We are not "lawless". We are under New Covenant Law not Old (Sinai) Covenant Law.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a clash in Antioch as to whether Gentile Christians had to become Jews first and be circumcised. The ruling was that they didn't. However to keep the peace they were instructed to avoid things that would upset the Jewish Christians, such as blood.

If you read Galatians, especially chapter 2-4 you will see the same problem of people Judaising. Paul was adamant that they must not go back to being under the Law.

I could write a lot on this but I'm shortly going away for a few days. Perhaps I'll come back to it when I return and start a thread on it.

The only matters that are no lo
We are not "lawless". We are under New Covenant Law not Old (Sinai) Covenant Law.

Tell me, by which law is it sin to murder?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quote :-and this is precisely why many of you will be cast out on the day of judgment, because you are "lawless",
And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ (Matthew 7:23 [ESV])

Oh I see, you are "one of those". :eek: "One of those" meaning those who " I only I have seen the Light, and I know all things".
You aren't really asking us a question for "discussion"...you just want to spout what 'you' believe, while showing us how wrong we are!! You are not the first and you will not be the last.
Praise God, He did make you "lord of all" with that attitude.

Well , some of us read the bible too.
Romans 14
Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? To his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand."

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote :-and this is precisely why many of you will be cast out on the day of judgment, because you are "lawless",

Oh I see, you are "one of those". :eek: "One of those" meaning those who " I only I have seen the Light, and I know all things".
You aren't really asking us a question for "discussion"...you just want to spout what 'you' believe, while showing us how wrong we are!! You are not the first and you will not be the last.
Praise God, He did make you "lord of all" with that attitude.

Well , some of us read the bible too.
Romans 14

Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? To his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand."

We are not talking about whether eating a clean or an unclean animal is sin, we are talking about eating blood. I would be reprimanding you no different than if you were saying that homosexuality were not a sin, for you are suggesting that eating blood is not a sin, and trying to correlate this with a false assumption that the Law is abolished. Eating blood is most certainly a sin, and one that is punishable by death! Whoever rejects this teaching is in error. Yet you say that I am judging you, which is no different than the Sodomites who would say,

But they said, “Stand back!” And they said, “This fellow came to sojourn, and he has become the judge! Now we will deal worse with you than with them.” Then they pressed hard against the man Lot, and drew near to break the door down. (Genesis 19:9 [ESV])

Even though what Lot said was right, for homosexuality is indeed wicked, just as eating blood is indeed wicked, as I have said and shown in scripture. But because you do not obey the Lord with all your heart you complain and grumble against someone who is telling you the truth.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
chrisytiang said :-

The Law of LOVE. Because Love covers a multitude of sins. ( 1 Peter)
37 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
chrisytiang said :-

The Law of LOVE. Because Love covers a multitude of sins. ( 1 Peter)
37 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

And where do you suppose the law to love comes from? I'll give you two clues,

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. (Deuteronomy 6:5 [NIV])

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:18 [NIV])

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Did murder only become a sin when God Gave the Ten Commandments to the Israelites at Sinai?

Did Cain not sin by murdering Abel? (Gen 4:8-10)
Did Lamech not sin by murdering a man (Gen 4:23-24)

Think about it.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 15
10 When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear and understand:
11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

And.....

Titus 3
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.

Reactions: Marymog

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did murder only become a sin when God Gave the Ten Commandments to the Israelites at Sinai?

Did Cain not sin by murdering Abel? (Gen 4:8-10)
Did Lamech not sin by murdering a man (Gen 4:23-24)

Think about it.

Murder has always been sin, because the Law of God has existed even before it was given to Moses, hence,

Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
(Genesis 26:5 [KJV])

If you think for one moment that the Law has been abolished then you are in fact an idiot, for there's no possible way that you can have knowledge of good and evil, and know how to do what is right thinking that the Law is done away with,

if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of little children, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— (Romans 2:18-20 [NIV])

And because of this lie that is commonly taught in your churches is why most of you are heading directly towards destruction. Because you have been deceived into discarding the commands of God, thinking that mere belief will deliver you, and that somehow this belief that came by mere grace is somehow a permissibility for you to live lawless lives breaking the Law at your leisure!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
his topic is about the consumption of blood, which relates to the Law not being abolished, which is why the apostles reiterated not consuming blood in obedience to the Law.
If you eat any meat you eat blood.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you eat any meat you eat blood.

Not if you properly drain it of blood. Your statement is a lie to excuse the eating of blood along with meat, for people like you think, "well its impossible to drain every single drop of blood from a piece of meat, so might as well just eat the meat with the blood". But that is not so, you can properly drain a piece of meat of all blood. Have you never heard of kosher?

Is it so difficult for you people to just abstain from blood? Just go to a kosher grocery store and buy your meats there. Problem solved. But because you are lazy and do not walk in fear of God you discard simple commands such as these, to abstain from blood.