The Sin of Unbelief.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my study of the Bible scriptures I believe the only sin that condemns in this age of the gospel of grace, as taught by Paul in his writings, is the sin of unbelief: not taking God at His word.

Ex 23:27-33 NKJV
27 "I will send My fear before you, I will cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and will make all your enemies turn their backs to you.
28 And I will send hornets before you, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite from before you.
29 I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the beasts of the field become too numerous for you.
30 Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land.
31 And I will set your bounds from the Red Sea to the sea, Philistia, and from the desert to the River. For I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you shall drive them out before you.
32 You shall make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.
33 They shall not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me. For if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you."

The above is the promises made by God to His people the Israelites as they entered the gateway city to the promised land.

But did the Israelites believe God? ---- No! they choose to send in spies to see if the Jews could take the lands and 10 came back with a report that they could not. A direct disbelief in the word of God. -- Because of their unbelief they were forced to live in the wilderness for 40 years and that generation was not allowed to enter their promised land.

Today, under grace, God has proclaimed that a person’s salvation has already been accomplished by the work of God (Jesus) on the cross: His shed blood. ---- However, most will not believe God and turn to religious legalism to earn, or insure, their salvation.

1 John 2:2 KJV
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The book of Hebrews is a writing to encourage new Jewish believers (those that believed that Jesus was the Messiah) to come out from under the legalism of Judaism and not to become entangled again to a works religion. -- In other words to place their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in God’s work on the cross; not in their own religious works.

Heb 3:16-19 NKJV
16 And who was it who rebelled against God, even though they heard his voice? Wasn't it the people Moses led out of Egypt?
17 And who made God angry for forty years? Wasn't it the people who sinned, whose corpses lay in the wilderness?
18 And to whom was God speaking when he took an oath that they would never enter his rest? Wasn't it the people who disobeyed him?
19 So we see that because of their UNBELIEF they were not able to enter his rest.

Unless a person truly believes that his/her sins are paid for by the work of God on the cross they can not be saved. For a person to think that their religious works save them is to deny that God’s work has saved them; it indicates that God’s work is incomplete.

Reactions: Helen and FHII

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
believe the only sin that condemns in this age of the gospel of grace, as taught by Paul in his writings, is the sin of unbelief

If you are referring to a lack of belief in Jesus as saviour and Lord, then I would agree with you.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must believe that Jesus paid all the price. He paid for past, present and future sins. There is no earthly work we can do that pays for our sins.

We do have a spiritual responsibility to follow him. That will require our flesh to make sacrifices. But the flesh doesn't get the credit.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
From my study of the Bible scriptures I believe the only sin that condemns in this age of the gospel of grace, as taught by Paul in his writings, is the sin of unbelief: not taking God at His word.

Ex 23:27-33 NKJV
27 "I will send My fear before you, I will cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and will make all your enemies turn their backs to you.
28 And I will send hornets before you, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite from before you.
29 I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the beasts of the field become too numerous for you.
30 Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land.
31 And I will set your bounds from the Red Sea to the sea, Philistia, and from the desert to the River. For I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you shall drive them out before you.
32 You shall make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.
33 They shall not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me. For if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you."

The above is the promises made by God to His people the Israelites as they entered the gateway city to the promised land.

But did the Israelites believe God? ---- No! they choose to send in spies to see if the Jews could take the lands and 10 came back with a report that they could not. A direct disbelief in the word of God. -- Because of their unbelief they were forced to live in the wilderness for 40 years and that generation was not allowed to enter their promised land.

Today, under grace, God has proclaimed that a person’s salvation has already been accomplished by the work of God (Jesus) on the cross: His shed blood. ---- However, most will not believe God and turn to religious legalism to earn, or insure, their salvation.

1 John 2:2 KJV
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The book of Hebrews is a writing to encourage new Jewish believers (those that believed that Jesus was the Messiah) to come out from under the legalism of Judaism and not to become entangled again to a works religion. -- In other words to place their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in God’s work on the cross; not in their own religious works.

Heb 3:16-19 NKJV
16 And who was it who rebelled against God, even though they heard his voice? Wasn't it the people Moses led out of Egypt?
17 And who made God angry for forty years? Wasn't it the people who sinned, whose corpses lay in the wilderness?
18 And to whom was God speaking when he took an oath that they would never enter his rest? Wasn't it the people who disobeyed him?
19 So we see that because of their UNBELIEF they were not able to enter his rest.

Unless a person truly believes that his/her sins are paid for by the work of God on the cross they can not be saved. For a person to think that their religious works save them is to deny that God’s work has saved them; it indicates that God’s work is incomplete.

Where in the Bible did you read that caused you to come to the conclusion where Paul preached the gospel of grace? Paul said he preached the kingdom of God, which is the one and only true gospel.

Acts 20:25 (ASV)
25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, shall see my face no more.

Paul was true to the original message that he was given by Jesus, whom Himself was sent to preached the kingdom of God.

Luke 4:43 (MontgomeryNT)
43 But he said to them. "I must preach the gospel of the kingdom of God to the other towns also; for that is what I was sent to do."

So I don't understand where all these other gospels, including this gospel of grace christians have been preaching comes from, because I don't read them in the Bible.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the Bible did you read that caused you to come to the conclusion where Paul preached the gospel of grace? Paul said he preached the kingdom of God, which is the one and only true gospel.

snipe

So I don't understand where all these other gospels, including this gospel of grace christians have been preaching comes from, because I don't read them in the Bible.

You really ought to do a word search for the word """grace""" in the Bible and then you would not say what you did. Below are just a few of the scriptures that talk about God's grace. You ought to consider them.

Acts 11:23
23 When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord.
NKJV

Acts 13:43
43 Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
NKJV

Acts 14:3
3 Therefore they stayed there a long time, speaking boldly in the Lord, who was bearing witness to the word of His grace, granting signs and wonders to be done by their hands.
NKJV

Acts 15:11-12
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they."
12 Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles.
NKJV

Acts 20:24
24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
NKJV

Acts 20:32
32 "So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
NKJV

Rom 3:24
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
NKJV

Rom 4:4
4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
NKJV

Rom 4:16
16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
NKJV

Rom 5:2
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
NKJV

Rom 5:15
15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
NKJV

Reactions: Helen and FHII

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

You really ought to do a word search for the word """grace""" in the Bible and then you would not say what you did. Below are just a few of the scriptures that talk about God's grace. You ought to consider them.

23 When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord.
NKJV

43 Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
NKJV

3 Therefore they stayed there a long time, speaking boldly in the Lord, who was bearing witness to the word of His grace, granting signs and wonders to be done by their hands.
NKJV

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they."
12 Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles.
NKJV

24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
NKJV

32 "So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
NKJV

24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
NKJV

NKJV

16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
NKJV

2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
NKJV

15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

Those verses are bassibally addressing believers, who already heard and recieved The gospel of the kingdom of God. So in reality Grace is not The gospel. The gospel that Jesus commanded His people to preach to the world is The gospel of the kingdom. Jesus preached that gospel and Paul also preached it as well.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those verses are bassibally addressing believers, who already heard and recieved The gospel of the kingdom of God. So in reality Grace is not The gospel. The gospel that Jesus commanded His people to preach to the world is The gospel of the kingdom. Jesus preached that gospel and Paul also preached it as well.

So even though the words gospel of grace are in the scriptures you wish to ignore them. I have shown that the gospel of grace is in the scriptures. You said they were not in there. I am right and you are wrong. So accept the fact that you are wrong. Do not try to rationalize that you were right.

NO! Paul's gospel was given to him by Jesus and it was not a gospel under law. But you can believe what ever makes you happy. I do.

Reactions: Helen

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

So even though the words gospel of grace are in the scriptures you wish to ignore them. I have shown that the gospel of grace is in the scriptures. You said they were not in there. I am right and you are wrong. So accept the fact that you are wrong. Do not try to rationalize that you were right.

NO! Paul's gospel was given to him by Jesus and it was not a gospel under law. But you can believe what ever makes you happy. I do.

It's not that I'm ignoring it, it's just that as I said, Grace is not The gospel. My bad, for not being specific. I should have said, the only gospel authorised by Jesus for all His people is the gospel of the kingdom of God, to which Paul was faithful in obeying. Grace was not what Jesus commanded His people to preach.....Jesus didn't preach Grace. This does not mean that I'm saying it's wrong to talk about Grace, as long as it doesn't take president over the gospel Jesus commanded His people to preach.

Paul was a special case....a man before his encounter with Jesus who condidered himself righteous. Paul was a pharisees' pharsee. So he had to learn that doing works of the law is not what saved him, but the Grace of God. Some of God's people's ministry, might be knowledgs, wisdom, understanding, motivational speaking, gifted in business, serving the community and so on. Every human being was acctually born with their ministry or ministries. So Grace was Paul's ministry, but Paul didn't neglected The gospel, the one that Jesus Himself preached and commaned His people to preach as well. The gospel of the kingdom of God is so important, that Jesus said the end will only come when it's preached to all Nation. That gospel have to do with the very perpose for why God created and made human beings.....you will never know your purpose if you don't understand what The gospel is.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not that I'm ignoring it, it's just that as I said, Grace is not The gospel. My bad, for not being specific. I should have said, the only gospel authorised by Jesus for all His people is the gospel of the kingdom of God, to which Paul was faithful in obeying. Grace was not what Jesus commanded His people to preach.....Jesus didn't preach Grace. This does not mean that I'm saying it's wrong to talk about Grace, as long as it doesn't take president over the gospel Jesus commanded His people to preach.

Paul was a special case....a man before his encounter with Jesus who condidered himself righteous. Paul was a pharisees' pharsee. So he had to learn that doing works of the law is not what saved him, but the Grace of God. Some of God's people's ministry, might be knowledgs, wisdom, understanding, motivational speaking, gifted in business, serving the community and so on. Every human being was acctually born with their ministry or ministries. So Grace was Paul's ministry, but Paul didn't neglected The gospel, the one that Jesus Himself preached and commaned His people to preach as well. The gospel of the kingdom of God is so important, that Jesus said the end will only come when it's preached to all Nation. That gospel have to do with the very perpose for why God created and made human beings.....you will never know your purpose if you don't understand what The gospel is.

Grace was not offered until after the God's work on the cross.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What?!?!?!?!
Well he's right... The law was given by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

I know that grace is found 37 times (more or less). But only Noah found grace in God's eyes before the Law was given. So sure... Technically you could say that's not true, but in context it means he and his family were spared from the flood.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But only Noah found grace in God's eyes before the Law was given.
you sound pretty sure!
but in context it means he and his family were spared from the flood.
oh, we're nowhere near the context of Noah, don't worry.
The only Noah in Scripture was a girl, anyway; that's how warped our translations are.
Noah is a Hebrew girl's name

Don't forget Ham got saved too, k

Last edited:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

Grace was not offered until after the God's work on the cross.

It was prophecided in the Old Testament, which is why all the men of God in the Old Testament will be in the first resurrection. For example: Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob.

Matthew 8:11 (ASV)

11 And I say unto you, that many shall come from the east and the west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven:

So all of man and women of God in the Old Testament, God showered Grace on them.

But that's besides my point. Paul preached the kingdom of God, even though, the ministry he was given by Jesus was a ministry of Grace. The preaching of the kingdom of God was paramount to Paul. But it behooves all of God's people to know what ministry or ministries they are given by Jesus. One will never be in the kingdom of God if they refuse to be active in their ministries. To get an idea of what one's ministry might be.... is that one's gifts is their ministry. One doesn't need the Church or the pastor to autorise a person to do their ministry or ministries. But the Church should be a source of support or encouragment as one becomes active in their ministry.

My point was that the gospel of the kingdom of God is what Jesus commanded His people to preach.

Luke 9:60 (KJV)
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

The end will come when the kingdom of God is preached to all Nations. If Jesus wanted His people to preach Grace, He would have commaned His people to do so.

Matthew 24:14 (ASV)
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

The kingdom of God is so impotant in relation to our purpose, that Jesus said to seek it first.

Matthew 6:33 (Darby)
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Jesus could have said to seek Him or the Father first, but He didn't. The Father wants people to seek the kingdom of God first. Why? As I hinted before, it has everything to do with our purpose. It's the very reason why God made human beings in His image. I can elaberate on that if you are interested.

Reactions: bbyrd009

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Well he's right... The law was given by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

I know that grace is found 37 times (more or less). But only Noah found grace in God's eyes before the Law was given. So sure... Technically you could say that's not true, but in context it means he and his family were spared from the flood.

Since God is no respector of persons, all those who died without hope will be resurrected and be given the oppertunity of Salvation. The prophects, men like David and the saints are first, then all the others will come after.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you sound pretty sure!

oh, we're nowhere near the context of Noah, don't worry.
The only Noah in Scripture was a girl, anyway; that's how warped our translations are.
Noah is a Hebrew girl's name

Don't forget Ham got saved too, k

Sometimes I think your exegesis gets you in trouble bbyrd....

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since God is no respector of persons, all those who died without hope will be resurrected and be given the oppertunity of Salvation. The prophects, men like David and the saints are first, then all the others will come after.
I don't totally disagree. In fact they have been given the opportunity and I believe they accepted. No "will be" about it.

Are they first? No. They are last. But... Does that really matter?

The background reasoning is that Jesus told the parable of the rich man and Lazurus beiing in hell.. Sheoul... With Abraham. I believe we are all familiar with that account, but if not let me know.

We also know the Jesus went to the lower oarts of the earth to preach. Even furthermore, when Jesus rose many past saints rose with them.

My theory is that even David, Lazerus and Abraham don't get in without Christ, and he went and got them. We even see shades of this in Peter's sermon in Acts 2 when he quoted David.

Catholics talk about purgatory... I admit I don't fully understand their doctrine on this... But this is the closest I see of that doctrine in the Bible.

Again, Jesus gave the parable. Why would he give it if Abraham (who wasn't even under the law) was in heaven or paradise? The parable would be based on a lie.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I don't totally disagree. In fact they have been given the opportunity and I believe they accepted. No "will be" about it.

Are they first? No. They are last. But... Does that really matter?

The background reasoning is that Jesus told the parable of the rich man and Lazurus beiing in hell.. Sheoul... With Abraham. I believe we are all familiar with that account, but if not let me know.

We also know the Jesus went to the lower oarts of the earth to preach. Even furthermore, when Jesus rose many past saints rose with them.

My theory is that even David, Lazerus and Abraham don't get in without Christ, and he went and got them. We even see shades of this in Peter's sermon in Acts 2 when he quoted David.

Catholics talk about purgatory... I admit I don't fully understand their doctrine on this... But this is the closest I see of that doctrine in the Bible.

Again, Jesus gave the parable. Why would he give it if Abraham (who wasn't even under the law) was in heaven or paradise? The parable would be based on a lie.

All those who are dead will be resurrected. Notice that the word "All" is used in terms of those who have died and will come forth. The word damnation is an incorrect rendering of the Greek word Krisis.

John 5:28-29 (KJV)
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Damnation

Greek Word: κρίσις

Transliteration: krisis

Phonetic Pronunciation: kree'-sis

Root: perhaps a primitive word

Cross Reference: TDNT - 3:941,469

Part of Speech: n f

Vine's Words: Condemn, Condemnation, Judgment

decision (subject or object, for or against); by extension a tribunal; by implication justice (specially divine law) :- accusation, condemnation, damnation, Judgment.

Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

Judgment

Usage Number: 1

Strong's Number: <G2920>

Original Word: κρίσις, krisis

Usage Notes: primarily denotes "a separating," then, "a decision, judgment," most frequently in a forensic sense, and especially of Divine "judgment."

Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old Testament and New Testament Words.

Verse 4 below is refering to the saints and the righteous men and woman of God in the Old Testament. The latter part of verse 5 is refering to those in verse 4. But the first part of verse 5 is refering to those I mentioned, whom died without hope. This is refering to pagans, athiest, agnostics, dictators like Hitler and others.

Revelation 20:1-5 (ASV)
1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 The rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years should be finished. This is the first resurrection.

One cannot have first unless their is at least another that comes after. It makes no grammatical sense to say the first if it's the only one.

Paul speaking

Acts 24:15 (KJV)
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

As I said, the word damnation is not the right rendering of the Greek word krisis. Judgment, would be a better word to use. The Greek word krisis means Judgment, but judgment can be for or against. So it's not a condemning word. For example, the scripture say that the saints now are being judged....it has begun with them.

1 Peter 4:17 (ESV)
17 For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Peter was addressing the Church and not those outside the Church. He is saying to those in the Church, it won't go well for you if you don't obey the gospel.

Now, back to the so-called unsaved dead. They are neither condemned or are they saved in the same way as the saints were. They will enter a period where they will be judged(the Bible indicates it will be a hundren year period, just after the one thousand year rule of Jesus and the saints over the Earth) and at the end of that period, a judgment or discision will be made for or against based on what how they lived during that judgment period.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you disagree with the scriptures.

All those who are dead will be resurrected. Notice that the word "All" is used in terms of those who have died and will come forth. The word damnation is an incorrect rendering of the Greek word Krisis.

John 5:28-29 (KJV)
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Damnation

Greek Word: κρίσις

Transliteration: krisis

Phonetic Pronunciation: kree'-sis

Root: perhaps a primitive word

Cross Reference: TDNT - 3:941,469

Part of Speech: n f

Vine's Words: Condemn, Condemnation, Judgment

decision (subject or object, for or against); by extension a tribunal; by implication justice (specially divine law) :- accusation, condemnation, damnation, Judgment.

Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

Judgment

Usage Number: 1

Strong's Number: <G2920>

Original Word: κρίσις, krisis

Usage Notes: primarily denotes "a separating," then, "a decision, judgment," most frequently in a forensic sense, and especially of Divine "judgment."

Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old Testament and New Testament Words.

Verse 4 below is refering to the saints and the righteous men and woman of God in the Old Testament. The latter part of verse 5 is refering to those in verse 4. But the first part of verse 5 is refering to those I mentioned, whom died without hope. This is refering to pagans, athiest, agnostics, dictators like Hitler and others.

Revelation 20:1-5 (ASV)
1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 The rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years should be finished. This is the first resurrection.

One cannot have first unless their is at least another that comes after. It makes no grammatical sense to say the first if it's the only one.

Paul speaking

Acts 24:15 (KJV)
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

As I said, the word damnation is not the right rendering of the Greek word krisis. Judgment, would be a better word to use. The Greek word krisis means Judgment, but judgment can be for or against. So it's not a condemning word. For example, the scripture say that the saints now are being judged....it has begun with them.

1 Peter 4:17 (ESV)
17 For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Peter was addressing the Church and not those outside the Church. He is saying to those in the Church, it won't go well for you if you don't obey the gospel.

Now, back to the so-called unsaved dead. They are neither condemned or are they saved in the same way as the saints were. They will enter a period where they will be judged(the Bible indicates it will be a hundren year period, just after the one thousand year rule of Jesus and the saints over the Earth) and at the end of that period, a judgment or discision will be made for or against based on what how they lived during that judgment period.
Yea... Umm. Were you talking to me? Cause your arguements haven't anything to do with what I was discussing.