The snake in the hand of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Moses went before Pharaoh in Egypt, Pharaoh sent his magicians to turn rods into snakes.
Moses cast down his rod and it also became a snake that ate up the other snakes.

When the Hebrews were in the wilderness and they sinned, God sent fiery serpents among them to bite them.
Moses was told to make a brazen snake and put it upon a pole, and any looking upon it would be healed.

In the Gospels we are told that Jesus was put upon a cross, and anyone who sinned that believed that Jesus died for them and brought their thoughts and prayers and repentance to the cross would be saved.

Paul was bitten by a venomous snake but by his faith he was not injured.

In the garden of Eden when death was imminent for Adam (in that day) , God put the heaviest burden on the snake.
Man would have to toil to bring forth bread, and Eve would have to suffer through childbirth. But these are seasonal and each have a (time) .
The snake would go about the earth eating dust always.

I was reading a live chat this morning and someone said they regretted getting jabbed and falling for the propanda and was now concerned for their health and their family. Another person chatted back telling them to trust in Jesus and that He died on the cross and by His stripes we are healed.
Which made me think of Moses and the rod he held in his hand. The rod which was placed inside the ark of the covenant.
Which also reminded me of the brazen serpent placed upon a pole which when the children turned it into an idol in which to worship, rather than the power that came from it, it was taken down.
Which reminded me of Jesus on the cross, after having abolished and overcome the evil one, was taken down to be risen up for evermore.

It was not the rod, nor the brazen serpent, nor Moses, and not the man Jesus that saves us from our sins.
It is the power of God which worked through the rod, through the brazen serpent, through Moses, and through Jesus which saves us.
And this power is accessable through His name and His alone.
In the Name of Jesus, your sins are forgiven.

Just thinking...
HUGS

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Moses went before Pharaoh in Egypt, Pharaoh sent his magicians to turn rods into snakes.
Moses cast down his rod and it also became a snake that ate up the other snakes.

When the Hebrews were in the wilderness and they sinned, God sent fiery serpents among them to bite them.
Moses was told to make a brazen snake and put it upon a pole, and any looking upon it would be healed.

In the Gospels we are told that Jesus was put upon a cross, and anyone who sinned that believed that Jesus died for them and brought their thoughts and prayers and repentance to the cross would be saved.

Paul was bitten by a venomous snake but by his faith he was not injured.

In the garden of Eden when death was imminent for Adam (in that day) , God put the heaviest burden on the snake.
Man would have to toil to bring forth bread, and Eve would have to suffer through childbirth. But these are seasonal and each have a (time) .
The snake would go about the earth eating dust always.

I was reading a live chat this morning and someone said they regretted getting jabbed and falling for the propanda and was now concerned for their health and their family. Another person chatted back telling them to trust in Jesus and that He died on the cross and by His stripes we are healed.
Which made me think of Moses and the rod he held in his hand. The rod which was placed inside the ark of the covenant.
Which also reminded me of the brazen serpent placed upon a pole which when the children turned it into an idol in which to worship, rather than the power that came from it, it was taken down.
Which reminded me of Jesus on the cross, after having abolished and overcome the evil one, was taken down to be risen up for evermore.

It was not the rod, nor the brazen serpent, nor Moses, and not the man Jesus that saves us from our sins.
It is the power of God which worked through the rod, through the brazen serpent, through Moses, and through Jesus which saves us.
And this power is accessable through His name and His alone.
In the Name of Jesus, your sins are forgiven.

Just thinking...
HUGS
That is interesting Ziggy,

A thought that comes to my head is what the serpent on the cross symbolic for the enemies head to become crushed by Jesus?

Considering Jesus overcame sin ( living in the world and tempted ) in which the holy spirt and the Word of God with in the hut or body of Jesus always had its (soul) will on the Fathers business.

And because of this he would also destroy the works of the devil.

Just curious if anyone has that outlook or not because with Moses holding up a serpent on the cross reminds me of the promise of the head crushing blow Jesus would do to Him, and then eventually being done away forever.

May the God of peace be with you and all.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is interesting Ziggy,

A thought that comes to my head is what the serpent on the cross symbolic for the enemies head to become crushed by Jesus?

Considering Jesus overcame sin ( living in the world and tempted ) in which the holy spirt and the Word of God with in the hut or body of Jesus always had its (soul) will on the Fathers business.

And because of this he would also destroy the works of the devil.

Just curious if anyone has that outlook or not because with Moses holding up a serpent on the cross reminds me of the promise of the head crushing blow Jesus would do to Him, and then eventually being done away forever.

May the God of peace be with you and all.
Hi Matthew,
If you Google medical snake pics and look at all the images, it's quite interesting.
Short verse in the OT: Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
When tracking down the meaning of witch the word pharma was found.. as in pharmaceuticals or witches brew.
The magicians ... magicians were called they were to perform an "art" . A delusion.
This reminded me of the woman who for 12 years searching out and spending all on medical help from the "doctors" , couldn't heal her.

The serpent is death... because there is no truth in it,
The serpent kills the body but cannot destroy the soul.
Your soul is where your faith is.

To look at Jesus on the pole is looking beyond or through the delusion, the physical body is just a tent that holds the spirit.
Also those google pics have what look like 2 DNA strands... that is God's design in each of us.
We put more faith in an aspirin than we do God.
Some people are trying to modify the very design which associates humanity with God.
These are what I would call "witches"
Alchemists, scientists, experimentations and petri dishes.

Jesus is our medicine. Jesus crushed the snake.
All it takes is a little faith to help the medicine take effect.

Everytime the serpents seem to be getting the better of man, whether in the garden, in the wilderness, or even in the religious establishments such as the one that was ruling Israel in Jesus' time....
Everytime God sends an opponent to conquer the foe.

Todays serpents are all around us. They are in the Corporations, the Governments, the Media and the Pess, and the ones that follow them without thinking for themselves or having principles on which to stand. We are under attack in everyway possible but mostly spiritual.
Our faith is being tested. We are being refined.
What an amazing time to be alive.

We are the church in the wilderness.
May God Bless Us All
Hugs

Reactions: MatthewG