Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi brother,
Sure do understand others not caring what we say, and that we are boring...I've pulled back a lot from people in general and mind my own business anymore as it can really wear one down to be ignored and shunned for no reason you can see.

It's the end times and love of MANY will and has grown cold, ice cold...not talking about the world here but the CHURCH!!!

I've come to terms with the fact that I will be alone for the rest of my life. Already eat alone, sleep alone (cept for my two mini schnauzers) come and go...alone. Yes, we have Christ with us always yet, even the Word say's it is not good for man to be alone.

Jeramiah is called the "weeping prophet". Here is something I found on Got Questions:

"God’s plan for Jeremiah called for loneliness and suffering, but the Lord was never far from him (Jeremiah 1:7–8). Because of the impending judgment on Judah, God forbade Jeremiah to marry or have children (Jeremiah 16:2). While that prohibition may have increased the prophet’s loneliness for a time, it was also a blessing as he did not have to watch his family torn from him when the Babylonians invaded Judah and destroyed Jerusalem (Jeremiah 16:3–4)."

Perhaps you and I and those like us could take a lesson here...life is sad and dark in this world and I for one cannot wait for Him to make all things new! it is my ONLY hope! We cannot give up brother and we certainly should NEVER look for the acceptance of men, even other Christians...Love you bro!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi brother,
Sure do understand others not caring what we say, and that we are boring...I've pulled back a lot from people in general and mind my own business anymore as it can really wear one down to be ignored and shunned for no reason you can see.

It's the end times and love of MANY will and has grown cold, ice cold...not talking about the world here but the CHURCH!!!

I've come to terms with the fact that I will be alone for the rest of my life. Already eat alone, sleep alone (cept for my two mini schnauzers) come and go...alone. Yes, we have Christ with us always yet, even the Word say's it is not good for man to be alone.

Jeramiah is called the "weeping prophet". Here is something I found on Got Questions:

"God’s plan for Jeremiah called for loneliness and suffering, but the Lord was never far from him (Jeremiah 1:7–8). Because of the impending judgment on Judah, God forbade Jeremiah to marry or have children (Jeremiah 16:2). While that prohibition may have increased the prophet’s loneliness for a time, it was also a blessing as he did not have to watch his family torn from him when the Babylonians invaded Judah and destroyed Jerusalem (Jeremiah 16:3–4)."

Perhaps you and I and those like us could take a lesson here...life is sad and dark in this world and I for one cannot wait for Him to make all things new! it is my ONLY hope! We cannot give up brother and we certainly should NEVER look for the acceptance of men, even other Christians...Love you bro!
Tis far better to focus on what we have IN CHRIST than to ponder on what we dont have .
Just ponder on the beauty of the LORD and the hope , the promise that one day we will forever be with the GLORIOUS LORD .
And just be thankful and praising the LORD for the mercy given us by His grace in Christ JESUS .
The lambs truly do have such a wonderful new home that awaits us . This life is but a vapor , but eternal life
and eternity with the LORD is forever and ever and ever . Forget what is behind and let us move forward in the LORD .
Lift those hands up and let the praises begin unto the glorious Lord . In this world
there will be trials , afflictions and many are the afflictions of the believers , BUT THE LORD is with us through it all
AND he is able to succor us through it all . Let the KING be praised . HOPE THOU IN GOD and JOY will surely abound
no matter how it looks in this world . FOR our joy cometh of GOD , Our hope is in HIM and HIS CHRIST
And that is hope . IT TRULY IS . HOPE IN HIM and let all be always thankful to the LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks be to GOD for His wonderful grace given us in Christ .
Thanks to HIM our sentence of death we all earned is GONE .
Thanks to HIM only paradise awaits us at our end .
THANKS BE TO HIM . TO HIM
cause i sure never earned it nor deserved it . Yeah , SING PRAISES TO THE GLORIOUS LORD GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let our hopes and interests and all that we hold dear be ON THE LORD above .
The world nor anything it can do , can take away our hope or joy , NOT IF ITS IN THE LORD .
cause the world , sufferings , not even death can seperate us from HIM . AND to me that is all we truly need . HIM .
Let GOD the Father of our LORD and savoir JESUS CHRIST be PRAISED and thanked .
Simply rejoice in the LORD and in the LORD rejoice . Focus on HIM . Focus on Him . Stay well dug in the bible
loving and embracing the truth of our LORD . The end of a lamb is wonderful good . FOR on that day
and in that hour they will forever be with HE who has saved them . The sun shall smite them no more
no more death , no more sufferings . JUST FOREVER WITH THE LORD . I already feel joyed up
just having remembered this wonderful hope . Keep the focus above on the LORD and let us always
be learning of HIM . Now lift those hands up peoples , its LORD praising time , ITS LORD thanking time .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice when we lose our joy , our peace , our hope .
Its when we are doing something that HE has told us not to do , or when we are not doing something he told us to do .
Example . DID JESUS not say to rather forgive those who treat you mean . YET what happens when we begin
rather to focus on them and their attitudes and we do not forgive them . I TELL US ALL
a lot of troubles rise up in our own minds and we have no peace , no rest , just anxiety , anger and etc . A feeling of hopelessness arises and the longer we stay on the wrong path the WORSE IT GETS .
My advice is , care not how people treat us , JUST FOCUS ON GOD , forgive those who do persecute .
We are not to be unequally yoked with them , BUT worry not HOW or what they do to you . JUST FOLLOW , OBEY THE LORD
and ye shall have rest for your souls , no matter how troubled the waters in this life do become .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been in a bad place lately. I used to, just drop onto the internet, and just start talking. I remember there was even a period of time in real life when I would talk without feeling shame. I don't think I noticed that people don't care about what I got to say. Now days I've come to realize that most people don't care what I got to say, until I accidentally offend or annoy them in some way.

It's not my intention to be annoying. I just wanted to have good relationships, share interests and stuff. But most people don't share interests with me. After trying for more years then I can keep track of.... It's actually starting to get hard for me to speak with confidence. Sometimes at work, I will get wound up like rubber band, and then my mouth will run like crazy. But I know whoever I'm talking too doesn't really care about what it is I'm saying... I feel that in some ways it's the same online too. I think people leave me because I'm not interesting enough. Or I'll accidentally annoy or offend them. I can't even tell you how many people I've met online, who seem to expect me to carry the entire conversation, and then when I do finally mess up and say something that triggers them, then they either complain, or just toss me away.

I've had people, online, recommend me books about friendships, telling me that this will somehow fix me, if I just learn how to conduct myself correctly. Makes me wonder, why do we need books on this subject? Most of society learned how to socialize by just growing up around others. I think it's a lot more simple then that. People either like you or they don't. We all got a soul stuck in an imperfect body. I think other then choosing to be kind and caring, we can't do a whole lot else got come across any better. In my case, I was diagnosed with ADHD, and according the Book, "Driven to Distraction" that stuff can effect relationships. Because what's not the same about you, makes it hard to pick up on subtle social cues.

I hope by posting this, that I'm not treating God like a magical miracle worker, who if I just ask enough times, He will choose to fix me, and my situation. I really don't have a lot faith that He will fix my situation, or even use it for the good. The reason why feel this way, is because I'm middle aged. In other words, my life is about half over and I have been praying about this situation for a long time. If anything things have just gotten worse for me.

Before anyone asks me again about a local Church. All I can tell you is, the local bible believing type Church have rejected me and my parents, because we do not have the social rankings they want. We are at least welcomed to attend these Churches. But nobody is going to talk to us, even if we reach out. We know, we tried for a long time... (More years then I can count) Once Covid hit that was like the thing that finally made us quit. We tried to go back one time, and found that the place we had been attending got rid of the Pastor for some reason, and they were being mysterious about it.
I have that same thing of not being able to pick up on social cues. Don’t have ADHD though. At least not that I’m aware of. In my defense, no one seems to say what they mean. They go in this odd and roundabout way where, for some reason, they arent vocal but instead drop what they think are clues to what they want you to say or do. I can pick up that I’m NOT doing or saying what they want, but I can’t figure out what it is they DO want, because THEY WONT ARTICULATE IT! And if you call them on it, they act as though they have no idea what on earth you’re talking about. So I don’t know if they can’t see they do it or if they do it on purpose to TRY to unsettle and make you nervous. (Which is where I do that running on and not being able to shut up that you described, so it does actually work, they DO succeed in making me overwrought and nervous and trying hard to figure out how to please them so I will be accepted.) I mostly think they…can’t see it…? But some people seem to know they do it and they gaslight you, trying to make you think you’re crazy and aren’t seeing what you know darn well you’re seeing. So whether they know what they’re doing or they don’t, it’s still crazy making and I refuse to play the game that they are doing. No matter what, it’s stacked against you, because they just move the goalposts if you start to speak openly about what’s happening, because they seem to WANT to keep it all hidden…
I finally gave up trying to please others. whether they are operating below the veil of full consciousness on purpose or not on purpose, I am NOT operating there and now I just don’t really try to interact with them other than to be polite and try to lessen their load if possible. Otherwise, I sit quietly and examine what goes on and learn more about why on earth the world is this way.

In the Bible it’s “the useless conversation/way of life taught to us by our parents.” It’s also: children playing a game saying we played a happy song but you didn’t dance, we played a sad song but you didn’t mourn.

You have to eventually come to acceptance that this is just how it is and how people are. And part of acceptance is to stop pretending you don’t see what you do see just to gain favor and the other part of acceptance is to stop trying to change it. You can’t make people stop it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I was to post a list of the negative feedback i've been getting in forums over the past 20 years you wouldn't believe it..:)
They don't bother me though because I think they're funny.
Anyway I get loads of positive feedback which cancels them out..:)

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God still works miracles and I see no issue with asking Him for a breakthrough.

I really thought hard about what might actually be helpful to say.

There seem to be a lot of things in your life you wish you could change. You're lonely and lack confidence. Your job is lonely. You'd like a relationship with a woman. There's nothing wrong with wanting a change in these things but you have so little control over them that you feel stuck.

There's only one thing we can control in life and that's our attitude and response to our life. You said in a post you felt like Cinderella. Why did people initially admire Cinderella? It was her attitude. It's not like her life wasn't hard. But she kept her hope and countenance up.

You must fight for your hope and countenance and no one else can do it for you. It's always a personal fight: to praise God when we feel like complaining, to thank God, when we feel like we come up short, to rejoice in the Lord when we suffer and life seems to have lost all enjoyment.

Its up to us to guard our hearts against discouragement and voices that tell us were failures and nothing will ever change. Life is such a precious gift. Its up to you whether you treasure the blessings you do have or focus on what you don't.

It's not just for your own sake. Somebody else around you needs the uplift.

1 Thessalonians 5:18

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. KJV

It's when life gets hard, that giving thanks and fighting for a good attitude has the most power. We have so little control over everything else.

I'm continuing to pray for your situation. I pray God shows you that you are seen and not forgotten. Take care.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
AlwaysOnAJourney, fight as a Christian that you are, engage in Christian/godly discussion, help others.. you'll find there are people who will like and accept you! You can find mutual interest in each other here, with you!