The source of quarrels and conflicts is not God nor His Divine Nature.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Studying this morning on James because I woke the other morning with this question on my mind. How do the gentiles seek after clothing, food, and drink? Where the word says even the gentiles seek after these things 'clothing', 'drink' and 'food' aware they have need of them. How all are aware or desire after certain things --wrestling endlessly for peace, brotherly love, to be filled when empty and to be satisfied and content; when there is never enough to satisfy or make one content. It was on my mind in that even when we go after wealth, or power, or to build up a name for ourselves...all these things are like money where the more you have the more you spend, and the more you spend the less you have. So is self-ambition.

Even when we war and steal and kill and destroy there is an emptiness inside that deceives us into thinking...all these things I dress 'clothe' myself in ...will satisfy this gnawing hunger for food and this never-ending thirst. Do not get me wrong. I am not suggesting all seek of God to clothe them, or to be clothed by Him. Sometimes our not being aware what we need, only recognizing we lack what we need but going about not knowing how to be satisfied. Instead, all groan after never truly being content without Him. Is this common to all? Consider mega Hollywood and the grand 'me' status... and the quest for having to obtain an image, having to stand for something good, having to be seen as something or somebody of stature... but then all the loneliness with drug addictions, depressions, melt downs, self-destructive, never satisfied or filled; overdosed, and suicides. But didn't they have contentment? Or nothing would satisfy no matter how much was gained.

point is...James comes to mind when studying my own struggles of 'you ask but you ask that you may consume it on your own lust'.
This is a study out of that.

continued...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness
and all these things will be added unto you:

Giving all diligence add to your faith, virtue.
To virtue, add knowledge (whereby the knowledge of Christ these things abound in you, you will not go barren or unfruitful in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ).
to knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, temperance.
To temperance, patience (let patience have its perfect work, working the Will of God that you partake of His Divine Nature)
To Patience, Godliness (His Divine Nature)
to His Divine Nature, brotherly kindness
To brotherly kindness, Charity. --in seeking first the Kingdom of God and His Divine Nature (His righteousness), in the Lord Jesus Christ that these things may abound in you(the knowledge of Christ, patience having its perfect work in you, as partaking of His Divine Nature, His Godliness, having put on bowels of Mercy), an entrance will abundantly be ministered unto you into the Kingdom of God.

You will not be barren in the New Man; you will not be barren without clothing, drink, nor food.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not worry about what clothing you will put on or what you will drink or what you will eat.

Who among you can add one cubit to his stature?
Even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like unto one of these clothed in the Divine Nature of God by the Knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Before these things listed as needful (Faith, Virtue, Godliness, Temperance; to be tempered together, fused together, joined, Patience, brotherly love and Charity) are added unto you in the Divine Nature of God...

He speaks of Great and Precious promises--where even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed as One clothed in the New man of Christ...as partakers of the God's Divine Nature...
having escaped the corruption that is in the world through Lust.

Having escaped the corruption that is in the world through your lust is what connects (imo) this passage of adding unto you the knowledge of Jesus Christ and His Fruit ' the Divine Nature' of God....to the passage in James concerning the corruption of your lust and selfish ambition saying, 'you ask but ask that you may consume it on your own lust.'

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 3:14

If you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition
do not lie against the truth. (Bring it out into the Light of the knowledge of Jesus Christ, bring out that bitter jealousy and selfish ambition speak the truth that it is not from God, and not of His Divine Nature. instead speak the truth that it may be healed, and that you go not lame.)

Jealousy and selfish ambition does not come from God but is earthly---natural--demonic, where these things exist and every evil thing.

The Divine Nature that comes from God is first
Pure,
Then peaceable,
Gentle,
Reasonable,
Full of Mercy and good Fruit,
Without hypocrisy --without falseness or lying against the truth.
lying not against: Faith, virtue, knowledge of Jesus Christ and the Divine Nature of God, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, Charity.

without hypocrisy.
seed sown, whose fruit is...
What is the source of your quarrels?
What is the source of the conflicts among you?
Is the source your own lust, Jealousy and selfish ambition?
out from not the Divine Nature of God ...but out from the demonic confusion and every evil work.
Is this the source of your own lust and pleasures?
that cause you to war against your own body?

Look at the fruit and what source it is from?
You lust and do not have.
so you then commit murder--robbing and destroying your brothers whom are weak.

You are envious and cannot obtain,
so then out of this envy and selfish ambition --you fight and quarrel with your own body, but you don't ask.

You ask and do not receive.
because you ask with wrong motives to destroy your brother with it instead of edifying the body. Therefore, You ask that you may destroy your own body. Opposing your own self.
You ask and do not receive that you may spend it on your own lust.

You adulteresses.
Do you not know that he who is friendship with demonic--unfruitful--disorder--Jealous against your own body, selfish ambition and every evil work is an enemy of His Divine Nature?

Or do you take lightly that He (God) jealousy desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us? Not for His own profit but for ours? Not as our earthly fathers who disciplined us after their own desires and lust ....but He ---the Father of Spirits--disciplines us after His Divine Nature that we may be partakers of His Divine Nature.

Have you not read and heard God opposed the proud?
Have you not read and heard that God opposed selfish ambition--disorder--demonic--confusion and every evil work?
But gives grace to the humble when they recognize and tell the truth that this selfish ambition--disorder--confusion--war and killing to have--consuming on your own lust--is demonic and is Not from God nor is His divine Nature. Lie not against the truth. Calling evil good and good evil.
Sumit yourselves to God and His Divine Nature.
and the devil --every evil and demonic work==the source of your quarrels and conflicts will flee from you.
Draw near unto God you sinners...draw near unto His Divine Nature and He will draw near unto you.
Purify your hearts you double minded. Are you demonic or made to be partakers in the Divine Nature of God?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great study.
Great God. Reminds me of:
Proverbs 30:8-9 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: [9] Lest I be full, and deny You and say, Who is the Lord ? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still meditating on this topic. Again, it was James which i awakened to the other morning. As the day went on I thought why James was in my mind out of nowhere when I awoke that morning. Maybe it is because I needed to think of that passage. Especially since I have been asking God why do I lack the necessary things struggling with having Joy, peace, contentment, relationship, and purpose with fulfillment. My asking him why these things are so far from me? And I don’t mean money or possessions but being content in Godliness which to me says content with having His nature. Why the constant search for things outside of His nature?

So I need this study. I need to meditate on seek Him first and all these things will be added unto you. What stands out to me in that passage in James is … they don’t have so they go about to try to take forcibly what they need outside of asking God. To me it says they ask and not receiving to consume it on their own lust they go about to rob it, or take it through wars, killing, or striking as a thief. It is reminding me that it is better to stand with a humble spirit than to divide the spoil with the proud.
Proverbs 16:19-20 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. [20] He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.

To me that says ask of God, for taking of the spoil to divide it up is not going to satisfy but instead to be of an humble spirit. Which Christ said He is lowly and of a humble Spirit.

So many thoughts on this like Moses. Where in the New Testament it says Moses preferred to bear Christ reproach than to be called the son of Egypt. To me that stands out because of this study where maybe it could be said that Moses thought (think of good things) it was better to partake of God’s Divine Nature then to be found having a demonic nature that does not come from God.

Proverbs 30:8-9 Remove far from me vanity and lies(deception): give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: [9] Lest I be full, and deny You and say, Who is the Lord ? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Remove far from me empty vanity and deception …
Having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust…
Do not let me be full and deny you saying who is Lord? Reminds me of Paul asking “who are you Lord?”
“I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you persecute.”

And don’t let me be so poor that I steal and take Your name in vain(to consume on my own lust).

All this reminds me of where Paul said I have learned to be content …whether abounding (in the knowledge of Christ) or abased. How Paul had learned how to be both: abased (submission), and abounding.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s the flesh.

It’s like to fight us in not living by the spirit, living in faith trusting God.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
James 3:14

If you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition
do not lie against the truth. (Bring it out into the Light of the knowledge of Jesus Christ, bring out that bitter jealousy and selfish ambition speak the truth that it is not from God, and not of His Divine Nature. instead speak the truth that it may be healed, and that you go not lame.)

Jealousy and selfish ambition does not come from God but is earthly---natural--demonic, where these things exist and every evil thing.

The Divine Nature that comes from God is first
Pure,
Then peaceable,
Gentle,
Reasonable,
Full of Mercy and good Fruit,
Without hypocrisy --without falseness or lying against the truth.
lying not against: Faith, virtue, knowledge of Jesus Christ and the Divine Nature of God, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, Charity.

without hypocrisy.
seed sown, whose fruit is...
What is the source of your quarrels?
What is the source of the conflicts among you?
Is the source your own lust, Jealousy and selfish ambition?
out from not the Divine Nature of God ...but out from the demonic confusion and every evil work.
Is this the source of your own lust and pleasures?
that cause you to war against your own body?

Look at the fruit and what source it is from?
You lust and do not have.
so you then commit murder--robbing and destroying your brothers whom are weak.

You are envious and cannot obtain,
so then out of this envy and selfish ambition --you fight and quarrel with your own body, but you don't ask.

You ask and do not receive.
because you ask with wrong motives to destroy your brother with it instead of edifying the body. Therefore, You ask that you may destroy your own body. Opposing your own self.
You ask and do not receive that you may spend it on your own lust.

You adulteresses.
Do you not know that he who is friendship with demonic--unfruitful--disorder--Jealous against your own body, selfish ambition and every evil work is an enemy of His Divine Nature?

Or do you take lightly that He (God) jealousy desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us? Not for His own profit but for ours? Not as our earthly fathers who disciplined us after their own desires and lust ....but He ---the Father of Spirits--disciplines us after His Divine Nature that we may be partakers of His Divine Nature.

Have you not read and heard God opposed the proud?
Have you not read and heard that God opposed selfish ambition--disorder--demonic--confusion and every evil work?
But gives grace to the humble when they recognize and tell the truth that this selfish ambition--disorder--confusion--war and killing to have--consuming on your own lust--is demonic and is Not from God nor is His divine Nature. Lie not against the truth. Calling evil good and good evil.
Sumit yourselves to God and His Divine Nature.
and the devil --every evil and demonic work==the source of your quarrels and conflicts will flee from you.
Draw near unto God you sinners...draw near unto His Divine Nature and He will draw near unto you.
Purify your hearts you double minded. Are you demonic or made to be partakers in the Divine Nature of God?
You have written well ViJ

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I have been asking God why do I lack the necessary things struggling with having Joy, peace, contentment, relationship, and purpose with fulfillment. My asking him why these things are so far from me? And I don’t mean money or possessions but being content in Godliness which to me says content with having His nature. Why the constant search for things outside of His nature?
These are good questions to ask oneself. Seems to me like you are longing for righteousness. Blessed are they who thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are good questions to ask oneself. Seems to me like you are longing for righteousness. Blessed are they who thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled.
Thank you for giving me a new perspective. I’ve never looked at it this way. Sometimes being sad or depressed that I don’t see this in my life. Looking for it. Desiring to see it. I’ve never considered it from the perspective that you shared, that it isn’t a bad thing to look for, or to hunger and thirst for His nature. That it isn’t depressing to ask and seek ..after being filled with joy, peace, hope, love and mercy. But maybe that is exactly what I should be seeking after. Longing for. Looking for. Thank you! Thank you! You are so helpful and encouraging! ❤️taking something negative and I feel like saying it isn’t a negative.

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Thank you for giving me a new perspective. I’ve never looked at it this way. Sometimes being sad or depressed that I don’t see this in my life. Looking for it. Desiring to see it. I’ve never considered it from the perspective that you shared, that it isn’t a bad thing to look for, or to hunger and thirst for His nature. That it isn’t depressing to ask and seek ..after being filled with joy, peace, hope, love and mercy. But maybe that is exactly what I should be seeking after. Longing for. Looking for. Thank you! Thank you! You are so helpful and encouraging! ❤️taking something negative and I feel like saying it isn’t a negative.
Oh! My heart is glad to know that it gave you some new perspective! Here's where Jesus tells more about what you are experiencing:

Matthew 5:3-8 KJV
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [4] Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. [5] Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. [6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. [7] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. [8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

So longing for God's nature to be present in our lives are important blessings that we have. It means that we should continue seeking God so that our desires would be satisfied. Jesus never intended for us to be always longing and thirsting for him, but he said:

John 4:14 KJV
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

So there is definitely a satisfaction we should be experiencing where we will thirst no more, this is not in the life to come, but today in this world. And this is what it really means to be filled with his Spirit.

John 7:37-39 KJV
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. [38] He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. [39] (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given ; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Once we are filled with his Spirit, we will thirst no more.

John 8:31-32 KJV
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; [32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

That's why Jesus said if we continue in his word, we are his disciples indeed ad we shall know the truth and the truth shall SET US FREE.

So these longings that you have, you should definitely pursue and:

Luke 11:9-13 KJV
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. [10] For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. [11] If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? [12] Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? [13] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

I will tell you that I'm speaking this from experience. I have been where you are, so much thirst for God in my life. I experienced this when I delighted myself with God's word. The more I read, the more I felt thirsty for righteousness, the more I see how evil I was, the more I see how hypocrite I was for judging and condemning other people, but not seeing my own wickedness. That's why Jesus said, "I came to call the sinner, not the righteous to repentance." So God's word is showing us how evil we are, so that we would thirst for his righteousness, it creates thirst so that we will learn to ask it from God.

I hope you consider what I am telling you because you are going through an important phase in your spiritual life. And it is not my word, but I gave you God's word, and his word is truth.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The source of quarrels and conflicts is not God not His Divine Nature.

One verse that has stayed in my mind is the one I’ve heard quoted often: if possible have peace with all men. at first I always thought or heard the if possible means if that person isn’t too hard to deal with. That they are the decider for f if it is possible. Where be a peace if possible is on them as control how much peace can be had with them. Where if they are impossible to tolerate or to be at peace with, then we are off the hook. That this is the “if possible”…

But this isn’t what it means to me now. Instead that with men it is impossible but with God all things are possible. It reminds of the verse that speaks of walking in the rule given or measured out unto you, and beyond even this God will reveal it to you.

In reading Romans 12:18 Lexicon: If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.

Romans 12:19 Lexicon: Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.

It speaks of giving place to wrath. Where God says “Vengeance is mine.” “vengeance belongs to Me.”
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 speaking of “And having in a readiness (if possible) to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”

“If possible” as much as lies within you, according to the rule given …what is the rule?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The source of quarrels and conflicts is not God not His Divine Nature.

One verse that has stayed in my mind is the one I’ve heard quoted often: if possible have peace with all men. at first I always thought or heard the if possible means if that person isn’t too hard to deal with. That they are the decider for f if it is possible. Where be a peace if possible is on them as control how much peace can be had with them. Where if they are impossible to tolerate or to be at peace with, then we are off the hook. That this is the “if possible”…

But this isn’t what it means to me now. Instead that with men it is impossible but with God all things are possible. It reminds of the verse that speaks of walking in the rule given or measured out unto you, and beyond even this God will reveal it to you.

In reading Romans 12:18 Lexicon: If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.

Romans 12:19 Lexicon: Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.

It speaks of giving place to wrath. Where God says “Vengeance is mine.” “vengeance belongs to Me.”
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 speaking of “And having in a readiness (if possible) to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”

“If possible” as much as lies within you, according to the rule given …what is the rule?
The rule..... God does not do violence.

Because vengeance is God's doesn't mean he uses it in the way we imagine or would use it.
So, how does God use it? Romans 1:18-32 explains God's wrath/ vengeance.......he 'gives them over' allowing the consequences of their choices to destroy them. His protection is forced away and destruction naturally follows.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because vengeance is God's doesn't mean he uses it in the way we imagine or would use it.
So, how does God use it? Romans 1:18-32 explains God's wrath/ vengeance.......he 'gives them over' allowing the consequences of their choices to destroy them. His protection is forced away and destruction naturally follows.
I don’t think it is the same as our vengeance either.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me what you said “the rule …God does no violence” is what makes this relevant to the source of quarrels and conflict is not of His Divine Nature. To me where God does no violence(there is nothing that is left outside of Him that is not put under being made subject unto Him) is always subject to His wrath, His vengeance works the righteousness of God so that you all be partners of His Divine Nature. Even turning them over to a reprobate mind is so they may be saved out from the reprobate mind of quarrels and conflicts which is not of His Divine Nature but instead is the source of every evil demonic thing. What you said of His doing no violence to me it is no violence for the sake of destruction but for the sake of deliverance. This is so not like man’s wrath or vengeance with quarrels and conflicts that destroy the peace of God working against it. Paul stands out as an example where he said he repented for making them sorrowful, but then he didn’t repent because that Godly sorrow had worked in them not the nature of the world quarrels and conflict but a Godly sorrow of peace. I’ve thought about what that must of been like for Paul…first to repent saying he had made them sad, but then to rejoice in that sadness worked for their good. That conflict of “I am so sorry” but seeing something good come of it, “I am sorry (heavy with remorse) but would go through it again (now not remorseful but rejoicing) for (and with) you.”

To me I think He shows the rule in:
Galatians 6:14-18 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. [15] For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. [16] And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. [17] From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. [18] Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Colossians 3:12-16 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; [13] Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. [14] And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. [15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. [16] Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

You said “Because vengeance is God's doesn't mean he uses it in the way we imagine or would use it.” Agree. But for good and not for destruction that His Divine Nature Rule in hearts …not the nature of quarrels and conflict but His Divine Nature of the Peace of God Ruling (Rules)over quarrels and conflict.

Makes me think of John saying he must decrease, and Christ increased.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes a person hungry and thirsty for righteousness? Perhaps simply asking God sincerely to make it so:

Mt 7:7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mt 7:8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
What makes a person hungry and thirsty for righteousness? Perhaps simply asking God sincerely to make it so:

Mt 7:7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mt 7:8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened
To me personally when I accepted Jesus when I was 13, I started to read his word and that created in me delight in his word. So when God gave me delight in his word, it also created in me the will to obey his commandments, however as time went on, around when I was 23 onwards, I started to discover how self righteous I have become and I found that I was pretentious of my faith in God, I didn't have genuine closeness with him and I saw that I kept failing him and read that no unrighteous shall enter his kingdom.

I started to question my faith and I experienced what Apostle Paul said “To will is present in me but to perform I find not.” I was longing and thirsting in the performance of God's righteousness. And it turns out that there is a higher state of life where I could have both the will and the power to perform God's will. For God said, “For it is God who works in you both to will and to perform,” which Apostle Paul lacked the “perform” part in Romans 7. But now by God's grace he fulfilled his promise to me that those who thirst for righteousness shall be filled, never to be thirsty again, always abounding in good works which God creates in me.

Reactions: amadeus