The source of quarrels and conflicts is not God nor His Divine Nature.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jealousy and selfish ambition does not come from God but is earthly-

What you wrote is not exactly True, but i understand what you mean.......sure.

Here is the thing.......God is a Jealous God, and i'll post a few verses for you down below.

And there is Eros Love and Agape` Love, and there is the love between a man and his wife..

Here is a truth about real love....
= It will always have some Jealously in it, as this is natural regarding God's Love.
This is not to be understood as paranoid, obsessive, delusional........but rather its a part of being in love.
You will feel some Jealousy, that is related to the one you really really love.
So does God.......He feels this about you.

Every Look closely at the 1st Commandment?

"all your heart, soul, mind, body"........ = Love God.

That is intense........so, make no mistake, this Amazing Deity, who loves YOU so much that He sent His Son to the slaughter, so that you can be with GOD, forever.
See that? That is INTENSE, and there is nothing less., with God's Love

-

for I the LORD your God am a jealous God…” (Ex. 20:5)

“…for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God…” (Ex. 34:14)

“For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.” (Deut. 4:24)

“Thus says the LORD of hosts: I am exceedingly jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion.” (Zech. 1:14)

“Thus says the LORD of hosts: I am jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I am jealous for her with great wrath.” (Zech. 8:2)

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The source of quarrels and conflicts is not God not His Divine Nature.
To share something from the title itself, the source of quarrels and conflicts I believe is the fear of death, knowingly or unknowingly. People say, “Put your mask on first before you help others,” this proves that for fear of death, people become selfish and want to save their lives first. They hoard and save resources for emergencies for fear of calamity, and neglect the poor and needy which God commanded, “You shall open your hand wide to thy poor and needy brother.”

All of this fits with what the word of God says:

Hebrews 2:14-15 KJV
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; [15] And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

It says that people fear death that's why they are subject to bondage (bondage in sin) to save their precious life.

That's why Jesus emphasized: Whosoever shall save his life in this world shall lose it, but whoever loses his life in this world for my sake shall save it. Whoever does not forsake all he has in this life cannot be my disciple. This is a requirement for salvation.

It goes well with what Jesus did “to deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject in bondage.” So Jesus paved the way for our lives to be delivered from death, by what? By losing our lives here on earth, by denying ourselves, and in return, our life is hid in Christ, preserved in heaven.

So the fear of death is the source of all conflicts and the solution is, ironically, dying and losing our life on earth with the confidence that God will raise us up with eternal life.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me personally when I accepted Jesus when I was 13, I started to read his word and that created in me delight in his word. So when God gave me delight in his word, it also created in me the will to obey his commandments, however as time went on, around when I was 23 onwards, I started to discover how self righteous I have become and I found that I was pretentious of my faith in God, I didn't have genuine closeness with him and I saw that I kept failing him and read that no unrighteous shall enter his kingdom.

I started to question my faith and I experienced what Apostle Paul said “To will is present in me but to perform I find not.” I was longing and thirsting in the performance of God's righteousness. And it turns out that there is a higher state of life where I could have both the will and the power to perform God's will. For God said, “For it is God who works in you both to will and to perform,” which Apostle Paul lacked the “perform” part in Romans 7. But now by God's grace he fulfilled his promise to me that those who thirst for righteousness shall be filled, never to be thirsty again, always abounding in good works which God creates in me.
I started serving God as a Catholic and did so in a limited way until I graduated from high school in 1961. From that time until 1976 I was in places without God. That year at age 32 God showed the Way to turn around [repentance] and I did.

Are the quarrels and conflicts now completely gone? No, but I have grown with God's help in the knowledge and understanding His Way. The lowest room is where one may indeed find the way up toward God which is away from foolish and needless quarrels and conflicts. Alone it would be an impossible road to walk but what is impossible for God?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are not to argue.....but....that took the Lord literally years and I means years, for his word to penetrate my heart/ spirit...now, I’ve heard his word in that area....now I know if I disobey his word...there will definitely be consequences....

And it was my pride and ego, that stopped his word from penetrating my heart...but as I said his word got through in the end....as HE is in control..my testimony and belief.

2 Timothy 2:23-24​

23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This all sounds nice, but it is unrealistic. People will always disagree about things, and conflicts and arguments will result. I of course agree with 2 Timothy 2:23-24, but all one has to do is read the gospels and Paul's epistles to see that Jesus argued with others, as did Paul, Peter, John, and many others. There are many arguments that are not foolish or stupid.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whether you like it or not, that is not what Scripture reveals. Take some time to read the book of Joshua. That is DIVINE JUDGMENT with violence.
This might surprise you Enoch. The records we have of violence in the OT are in a sense 'concessions'. Concessions in different ways.

Firstly, the Hebrews did not know about or acknowledge another player in the Cosmic conflict till far later in their history. (the influences in the various captivities they endured modified their understandings re this)
They attributed everything that happened in this world to God...both good and bad. There are several references in the OT which indicate this, here are a couple if you care to check them, Deuteronomy 32:39 and Isaiah 45:5-7

Their position of 'One God' was influential in rationalising their use of violence. Let's say we take the story of Elijah, one of the great heroes of Israel. He turns the whole nation from worshipping Baal to worshiping YHWH...but then assumes it is acceptable to go slaughter the 400 odd priests of Baal.....or, when Ahab, king of Israel sends two dispatchments of 50 soldiers each to arrest him 'he' incinerates them. It is assumed God did this but when we look at Jesus's response in the NT to James and John's desire to call fire down from heaven to incinerate the difficult Samaritans, citing Elijah's example, Jesus pulls them up in their tracks saying, 'ye know not what manner of spirit you are of, for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them. Luke 9:55-56

Our understanding of the nature of God must be informed by Jesus. He is the only one who is 'in the bosom of the Father'. Jesus is the direct image of the invisible God.
The Prophets, let's take Moses and Elijah, the two great hero's of Israel (those who appeared on the Mount of Transfiguration with Jesus) play second fiddle to Jesus. The Voice, which they all (Jesus, Peter, James and John) heard said, 'this is my Son, listen to him'.

Jesus is the final word on the nature of God. His attitude was redemptive not destructive.

This of course raises many questions regarding the many accounts of violence, even genocide recorded in OT scriptures and attributed to God as being their author.

We need to take another look at how we understand these texts......but right now, right here, is not the time.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus