The Stars: The Rising Of Coma Berenices

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
The constellation Coma Berenices, next to Virgo, the Virgin, is interpreted by mythology to be "Berenice's Hair". However, according to the many writers of books that talk about God's word in the stars (such as Bullinger, Seiss, Capt and so forth), the constellation was originally saw in ancient times as in infant next to Virgo and its original meaning got perverted. It is in this "infant" constellation that the supposed star of Bethlehem appeared when Christ was born when obviously he was a child.For those of you into such biblical astrology, this is nothing new, as this legend is well known and well told over the years. However, what I did discover was something intriguing about this constellation regarding it's position in history.For those of you into lost tribes, we know the origins of the United States. I discovered that in Philadelphia (the signing of the Declaration of Independence) in 1776 that this constellation rose in the same direction as Bethelehem in the northeast. The constellation's rising azimuth (or bearing) from the north is a little over 50º as the direction to Israel is more precisely about 53º. Actually, the earth did not precess that much and it's pretty much the same today.I would not consider this per se as one fact to base the whole star theory on, but it is one of those little factual tidbits and "coincidences" that make one take a closer look.