The State Of "Christian Spirituality"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over at another forum today, and finding it amazing how little faith there is among believers in the supernatural. We may not have everything right around here, but good Heavens what it is that people even believe these days?! They sound like atheists.

Notice how many "Christians" are posting like they don't believe witchcraft is even real. It's astounding. I thought belief in the demonic, and the influence of evil spirits over the affairs of men was like "Christianity 101" or something.

What is going on? Anyone? I realize there may be a few here who feel the same way, but to me it's like Faithless Central over there or something! :eek:

Witchcraft 101

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Over at another forum today, and finding it amazing how little faith there is among believers in the supernatural. We may not have everything right around here, but good Heavens what it is that people even believe these days?! They sound like atheists.

Notice how many "Christians" are posting like they don't believe witchcraft is even real. It's astounding. I thought belief in the demonic, and the influence of evil spirits over the affairs of men was like "Christianity 101" or something.

What is going on? Anyone? I realize there may be a few here who feel the same way, but to me it's like Faithless Central over there or something! :eek:

Witchcraft 101

Why use witchcraft for an example of the super-natural? Surely most modern believers are agnostic towards their own faith when pressed by things supernatural. We tend now to limit God to what a human can do. Human nature now rules over any possibility of a divine nature overcoming the Adamic nature rather than the other way around...rather than the actual gospel. It is the triumph of Adam over Christ for most believers now.

The world has been turned right side up...to becoming as the world was before Christ.

So in many ways the modern church is post-Christ...post-truth.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Extreme Secularism says there is only matter and energy so belief in the supernatural is irrational, being based on mythology, superstition, and ignorance.

Extreme Spirituality has its adherents among Christians whose reality revolves around identifying and dealing with an array of satanic and demonic problems, some of which in my experience, are more likely to be abstractions and aberrations of their imaginations. This in itself can be a result of spiritual forces at work to corrupt, deceive, and exploit but I believe Christians should avoid overreacting and just stand firm against the enemy without all the hype and hysteria that some like to manifest in the name of Jesus.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why use witchcraft for an example of the super-natural? Surely most modern believers are agnostic towards their own faith when pressed by things supernatural. We tend now to limit God to what a human can do. Human nature now rules over any possibility of a divine nature overcoming the Adamic nature rather than the other way around...rather than the actual gospel. It is the triumph of Adam over Christ for most believers now.

Indeed. They have resorted now to accusing me of mocking those who have "overcome," and thus no longer need to worry about the Devil, and that I am elevating demons over God. :rolleyes: What on earth? I haven't even bothered sharing scripture with these people yet. Why bother?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Extreme Secularism says there is only matter and energy so belief in the supernatural is irrational, being based on mythology, superstition, and ignorance.

Extreme Spirituality has its adherents among Christians whose reality revolves around identifying and dealing with an array of satanic and demonic problems, some of which in my experience, are more likely to be abstractions and aberrations of their imaginations. This in itself can be a result of spiritual forces at work to corrupt, deceive, and exploit but I believe Christians should avoid overreacting and just stand firm against the enemy without all the hype and hysteria that some like to manifest in the name of Jesus.

Yes. This I would regard as a sound answer. I haven't gotten anything I could call even resembling one over there yet... I think their pendulum has swung so far in the direction of secularist and atheistic ideologies that they don't even know what "spirituality" is anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't even get the one I'm talking to now to admit to the existence of Satan as a singular entity, and not some sort of "adversaries" in general.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let's not forget . . .

Extreme Ignorance!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't even get the one I'm talking to now to admit to the existence of Satan as a singular entity, and not some sort of "adversaries" in general.
There are ones here who do not seem to think Satan is a particular being, but instead represents man's baser nature, something like that.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ and bbyrd009

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesuit Malachi Martin wrote a famous book documenting major exorcisms entitled "Hostage to the Devil." He famously claimed, "There are no atheists at a genuine exorcism." Here are 2 of my families personal cases of confronting a demoniac:

(1) My cousin E is a psychiatrist and the son of a Pentecostal minister. E's Dad (My Uncle George) shared with me an experience he and E had when E was only 3 years old. George was summoned to a possessed woman's house to perform an exorcism, while E waited with his Mom in their car, oblivious to what was happening in the house. The moment the demon was expelled, it sought to possess young E. E's eyes suddenly rolled up in his sockets so that only the whites were visible and his awareness of the possessing entity caused him to scream continuously in terror. All the way home, E's parents prayed for his deliverance and finally their prayers were answered. E. told me that the only thing he recalls from this horror was a supernatural vision of himself being lovingly cradled in Jesus' protective arms.

(2) When my younger brother D was 16, he and I were watching "Hockey Night in Canada" and badgering our poor mother for more hot dogs and ice cream. Suddenly D went into a trance. When he came out of it, he bizarrely announced that God had just called him to go downtown and perform an exorcism. This didn't compute with me; so I lamely told him not to be out too late! But when he left, I began to worry that D was really serious.

When he later returned, he shared this terrifying story. God directed him to ride the bus downtown to a Christian coffee house. When he arrived, there was nothing unusual; so he began to doubt his mission...until a stranger approached him and said, "You're here on a special mission, aren't you?" This comment gave him pause, and so, he waited longer. Then chaos erupted just outside the coffee house. A gang of older teens were challenging Christians who wanted to enter to a fight. The Spirit identified their leader as his target. So my brother went outside, addressed him by name, and solemnly said, "E, God has revealed to me that you're possessed and has sent me to exorcise you!" E and his gang predictably responded with ridicule: "OK, bring it on!" D had never performed an exorcism. So what would he do now?

D bowed his head and just gently touched E on the forehead. It was as if D's gentle touch electricuted E! He fell prostrate to the ground and frothed at the mouth for a couple of minutes before quietly saying, "Thank you." The other gang members were so scared they wanted to get saved on the spot, though their conversions turned out to be rather shallow. When D returned home to share his adventure with me, he opened his Bible and the first verse his eyes lit upon said, "See that you tell no one!" D is now a successful doctor in Colorado and is still to scared to discuss his exorcism when I ask for more deetails. E went on to become a famous Canadian media person.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesuit Malachi Martin wrote a famous book documenting major exorcisms entitled "Hostage to the Devil." He famously claimed, "There are no atheists at a genuine exorcism." Here are 2 of my families personal cases of confronting a demoniac:

(1) My cousin E is a psychiatrist and the son of a Pentecostal minister. E's Dad (My Uncle George) shared with me an experience he and E had when E was only 3 years old. George was summoned to a possessed woman's house to perform an exorcism, while E waited with his Mom in their car, oblivious to what was happening in the house. The moment the demon was expelled, it sought to possess young E. E's eyes suddenly rolled up in his sockets so that only the whites were visible and his awareness of the possessing entity caused him to scream continuously in terror. All the way home, E's parents prayed for his deliverance and finally their prayers were answered. E. told me that the only thing he recalls from this horror was a supernatural vision of himself being lovingly cradled in Jesus' protective arms.

(2) When my younger brother D was 16, he and I were watching "Hockey Night in Canada" and badgering our poor mother for more hot dogs and ice cream. Suddenly D went into a trance. When he came out of it, he bizarrely announced that God had just called him to go downtown and perform an exorcism. This didn't compute with me; so I lamely told him not to be out too late! But when he left, I began to worry that D was really serious.

When he later returned, he shared this terrifying story. God directed him to ride the bus downtown to a Christian coffee house. When he arrived, there was nothing unusual; so he began to doubt his mission...until a stranger approached him and said, "You're here on a special mission, aren't you?" This comment gave him pause, and so, he waited longer. Then chaos erupted just outside the coffee house. A gang of older teens were challenging Christians who wanted to enter to a fight. The Spirit identified their leader as his target. So my brother went outside, addressed him by name, and solemnly said, "E, God has revealed to me that you're possessed and has sent me to exorcise you!" E and his gang predictably responded with ridicule: "OK, bring it on!" D had never performed an exorcism. So what would he do now?

D bowed his head and just gently touched E on the forehead. It was as if D's gentle touch electricuted E! He fell prostrate to the ground and frothed at the mouth for a couple of minutes before quietly saying, "Thank you." The other gang members were so scared they wanted to get saved on the spot, though their conversions turned out to be rather shallow. When D returned home to share his adventure with me, he opened his Bible and the first verse his eyes lit upon said, "See that you tell no one!" D is now a successful doctor in Colorado and is still to scared to discuss his exorcism when I ask for more deetails. E went on to become a famous Canadian media person.

I once read that those with faith will walk closer and closer to the Lord, but those who don't will fall farther and farther behind. That appears to be what is happening now. I am very grateful for this forum. There is still a fairly high percentage of members here who don't refer to such things as "silly."

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. They have resorted now to accusing me of mocking those who have "overcome," and thus no longer need to worry about the Devil, and that I am elevating demons over God. :rolleyes: What on earth? I haven't even bothered sharing scripture with these people yet. Why bother?

Paul talked about not being ignorant of Satan’s schemes in 2 Cor 2:11. Our main focus is on the Lord, but it’s foolish not to be aware of what the devil is up to in the world and in our own lives.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul talked about not being ignorant of Satan’s schemes in 2 Cor 2:11. Our main focus is on the Lord, but it’s foolish not to be aware of what the devil is up to in the world and in our own lives.

I didn't want to say it, but I think they're the ones who have been "overcome," Lol.

Theologically, they're like spiritual roadkill already.

The following was me the whole time I was reading that thread. Couldn't believe it. Still can't, Lol. I haven't shut up yet.

17f1c4377cdf29132b75166ee9c383d5.gif

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't want to say it, but I think they're the ones who have been "overcome," Lol.

Theologically, they're like spiritual roadkill already.

The following was me the whole time I was reading that thread. Couldn't believe it:

17f1c4377cdf29132b75166ee9c383d5.gif
Definitely sitting ducks.

What a cute kitty!!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Over at another forum today, and finding it amazing how little faith there is among believers in the supernatural.
Well that is quite amazing, since Bible Christianity is SUPERNATURAL in all respects.

At the same time, the reality of the Kingdom of Darkness cannot be (and must not be) ignored. Evil spirits are opposing Christians daily and constantly (see Ephesians 6) and Satan (who is a literal malevolent spirit being -- the prince of the power of the air) is opposing Christians and Christianity either through (a) deception or (b) intimidation.

His latest scheme against Christians is the SCAMDEMIC HOAX caused by corona virus. Christians are being intimidated by the powers that be so that the State now regulates how they may assemble and worship. And if they don't toe the line, then the courts and law-enforcement are brought into the picture. John MacArthur's church now has to decide whether they will defy that Leftist judge, or not.

And now that the tyrants have had a taste of unlimited power, there will be no end to the COVID tyranny (including masking, lockdowns, distancing, bogus vaccines, bogus cures, and bogus death reports).

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely sitting ducks.

What a cute kitty!!

Speaking of, pray for mine if you can. His name is Chester, and he hasn't eaten almost anything in 6 days. The vet is finally going to see him tomorrow at 9AM.

I'm at peace if I lose him, but he's a great cat, and we'll miss him if he goes.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that is quite amazing, since Bible Christianity is SUPERNATURAL in all respects.

At the same time, the reality of the Kingdom of Darkness cannot be (and must not be) ignored. Evil spirits are opposing Christians daily and constantly (see Ephesians 6) and Satan (who is a literal malevolent spirit being -- the prince of the power of the air) is opposing Christians and Christianity either through (a) deception or (b) intimidation.

There was so much scripture I could have quoted those people... I don't see how they would even survive at a site like this. The only reason I think they do there is because they are getting pampered, too much for their own good. I'm wondering when someone is going to report me for being too rough or something, when I'm actually going very easy.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Witchcraft 101

Blessings in Christ Jesus! Long ago, The Lord interuppted my life to ask me to do something for Him. I know that most people, if my testimony was given, would not believe it, and yet it would be true. During that time of exstreem suffering He anointed me to preach the gospel. Included in the anointing He gave me eyes to see and ears to hear. Many people claim to be christian. Out in the real word, when a person says they are christian the truth of the matter is known right away. The Lord has said that His Body is One, and this is so. But not all who claim to be christian are part of His Body. When I walk out there(the world), if per chance I encounter another christian than it is known right away. It has been said that The Spirit bare witness to The Spirit, and this is so. What happens to me is I go into The Spirit immediately when encountering another christian. This is not so when I encounter another person who claims to be christian and yet is not. There is no mistakes in this. I either remain in the flesh, or I am in The Spirit. Being in The spirit can not accurately be put into words. It is as if you are lifted up into the heavenlys. The joy is overflowing and the peace surpasses understanding. It is then that the words(perfect words) flow. Many people are judging a church that professes (I am christian) and yet are not. That is because they can not see. The true Church is judge by no one, but The Lord. It is He who abides in them and them in Him. I have found over the years, that for every 100 people that claim "I am christian", that only a handful truly are. It has been said, that you will know them by their fruit, and this is so. What is to be seen on message boards? How can those that proclaim "I am christian", and are not, know anything about the adversary, or spiritual things?
To those that are truly His in here, bring what He has given you to bring, and leave it. Care not what they say. Let them bring their false prophets, and false prophecies that tickle the ears. They will all be caught unaware. The same snare that they set for others they themselves will be caught in. There are many in here who say to themselves, "God does not see" and yet He sees. Let this cause us all to our knees! If not, it will happen anyway. And thank you to the one who has prayed, it is appreciated.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I walk out there(the world), if per chance I encounter another christian than it is known right away. It has been said that The Spirit bare witness to The Spirit, and this is so.

Yes. I encounter this, too. Not quite to the same extent that it sounds like you do, but I sense it. It's like their words agree with you, or their spirit does in their countenance, or their smile, and/ or the look in their eyes. Overheard a young black guy on the phone with someone last night while at a store, and I liked what he was saying. By the end, certain things he said made it obvious he was a believer, so I looked over at him and grinned and said, "Amen." We exchanged a smile and pointed at each other. You just know.
How can those that proclaim "I am christian", and are not, know anything about the adversary, or spiritual things?

Seriously. I don't interact with unbelievers or atheists very often. Atheists I can understand as far as not believing. But talking to "believers" who don't is a strange experience. Haven't encountered that much from so many in a long time, maybe ever.