The Strange Problem Constantly Displayed By Christians Who try To Promote Scriprure and "Teach."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians who, either by their own presumption or by assignment within their employment, take great efforts to explain and enlarge upon Scripture predictably fail to materially demonstrate in their own lives what they speak of.

A perfect example are those who promote "tongues" as a means of delivering revelation, knowledge, and prophecy, yet they are never able to say what that revelation, knowledge, and prophecy actually is. They can only talk about it surely existing because of some verses in The Bible about "tongues" with which they resonate. Strangely, they ignore Paul's contradictory statements, where he first says tongues are "only for God, not for people," then later says tongues in church are for "revelation, prophecy, and knowledge" just for people.

Another example of undemonstrated church talk is to say "All things are new in Christ," then later the talker admits that He sins and is not perfect.

Another favorite drum to beat is to state "Where two or more agree upon anything they ask for [within the Will of God], it shall be given them by God." Then, they are unable to speak of any answered prayer other than minor, mundane things. They witness to nothing large and great having happened, as were the monumental answers to prayer given in Scripture by The Apostles and The Early Church.

The next time a Preacher spends 40 minutes "teaching" your congregation about what they should be doing in obedience to God, ask the Preacher to materially demonstrate there and then what he just told people to do.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you explain what that means?
Yes. James gave God's definition by repeatedly stating, "Faith without deeds is dead." Deeds are physical actions of divine power.

In fact, Jesus had already commanded in Matthew 5:16, " Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works."

Even misguided Paul said in 1 Cor. 4:20, "The Kingdom of God is not in word, but in power." Preachers and pundits who presume to display nothing more than their Sermon talk and their light filled promotions in The Name of Jesus and God do nothing more than push air from their mouths.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Christians who, either by their own presumption or by assignment within their employment, take great efforts to explain and enlarge upon Scripture predictably fail to materially demonstrate in their own lives what they speak of.

A perfect example are those who promote "tongues" as a means of delivering revelation, knowledge, and prophecy, yet they are never able to say what that revelation, knowledge, and prophecy actually is. They can only talk about it surely existing because of some verses in The Bible about "tongues" with which they resonate. Strangely, they ignore Paul's contradictory statements, where he first says tongues are "only for God, not for people," then later says tongues in church are for "revelation, prophecy, and knowledge" just for people.

Another example of undemonstrated church talk is to say "All things are new in Christ," then later the talker admits that He sins and is not perfect.

Another favorite drum to beat is to state "Where two or more agree upon anything they ask for [within the Will of God], it shall be given them by God." Then, they are unable to speak of any answered prayer other than minor, mundane things. They witness to nothing large and great having happened, as were the monumental answers to prayer given in Scripture by The Apostles and The Early Church.

The next time a Preacher spends 40 minutes "teaching" your congregation about what they should be doing in obedience to God, ask the Preacher to materially demonstrate there and then what he just told people to do.

since it seems that what Jesus says appears to be not understood or accepted, viz that we must not give ourselves but we must and should give God and not give ourselves[Jn 6:28-29] but sleep 24hrs each day as I have heard it said elsewhere - twinc

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We must go to the same church, we're covering the same stuff.

Sadly, most preachers and teachers, speak of then rather than now...of abiding, rather than actually pressing on. They get flowery with talk of the spirit, only to return to the matters of the world and the flesh.

Just this morning I was told by my Pastor that I over-spiritualized when discussing spiritual gifts. The irony.

This is how they "take away the keys of knowledge." As much as I have tried to recommend seeking first the kingdom of God (whom is spirit), thus far, all have rejected it, seeming to favor the more worldly practical matters...as if God would not add those things also, if they would just put and seek His kingdom first.

:(

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. James gave God's definition by repeatedly stating, "Faith without deeds is dead." Deeds are physical actions of divine power.

In fact, Jesus had already commanded in Matthew 5:16, " Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works."

Even misguided Paul said in 1 Cor. 4:20, "The Kingdom of God is not in word, but in power." Preachers and pundits who presume to display nothing more than their Sermon talk and their light filled promotions in The Name of Jesus and God do nothing more than push air from their mouths.
"Misguided Paul?"

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus saved me I knew nothing. I was not in a church. You couldn't have gotten me in one. After He came and convicted me I had to look into the Bible to see what had happened. Then a short time later He baptized me in the Holy Spirit and gave me the gift of tongues again I turned to the Bible to find the answers.

I was praying in the spirit, tongues, and Jesus gave me the interpretation, that my wife was pregnant after 14 childless years. He'd promised us a son so my wife got a baby book and put his name in it. We had no ultrasounds just a test to confirm her pregnancy. Nathan was born almost nine months later.

I pray in the spirit daily to build up as Jude vs 20 says. In churches there are tongues and interpretations. The Holy Spirit can give you the interpretation of what you are praying at any time as He did about our son. It may be a known tongue or an unknown one. Paul said tongues of men and of angels. Intercessory prayer in tongues is outlined in the book of Job. The other gifts are given as required for ministry. There are tens of thousands of Holy Spirit baptized believers across the globe daily practicing what denominations teach is not for today. Thank God for the child like faith of those untouched by religion.

There are many many scriptures about the baptism in the Holy Spirit and the gifts in old and new testaments. I've lived by the things He's taught me for the last 40 years. I read again and again those pouring out false information and scriptural interpretations about things of God which they don't believe and know nothing about. Denominational religion teaching error as truth.

Rule number 1. Never say that God or His word has changed or is no longer in effect for today.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 like PI 3.14 ( coincidence, I think not )

Ecclesiastes 3:14 (NKJV) I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him.

People should not teach what they have not walked, lived, experienced in the light of the Scriptures. We cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. Acts; 4:20

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

All the prophets and apostles did their best, with the limited understanding they had. Personally I think it shows in their writings, but you can tell the spirit of God was with them. Personally if the Bible was perfect I would have not looked for the perfection of God.

However, Jesus did say

John 5:39 NIV
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,

So the Bible is just a testimony of him, enough information to affirm truth and faith.

But it goes in him, not the Bible.

Last edited:

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people begin getting "new revelations", ones that conflict with the Bible, well there's a big problem. We know in part and prophesy in part, teach in part. Thank God He's given us the part where we got redeemed. Keep it simple. God is awful big and we're awful small. Keep it simple too.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When people begin getting "new revelations", ones that conflict with the Bible, well there's a big problem. We know in part and prophesy in part, teach in part. Thank God He's given us the part where we got redeemed. Keep it simple. God is awful big and we're awful small. Keep it simple too.
God is this <---------- :) ---------> big.

Reactions: Frank Lee

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I hope people note that you said: "Even misguided Paul said..."
You've just proven you have another Authority other than the God-breathed Scriptures. But, maybe you mis-spoke?