The Study and Interpret the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
A Follow up -
Do you have some Bible package software?

I have found these "free" packages helpful: www.Theword.net, www.BibleAnalyzer.com, and www.blueletterbible.org to be excellent study resources. Some additional modules are available, both free and some with a charge. Hope these help.
I have e Sword Mr. Bowman.
I have studied Hebrew and Greek for years and still studying, not claiming to be a scholar as we have enough scholars here..
Do you , or are you familiar with Tovia Singer?
Why are there not Christian Apologists that can refute and debunk the claims of OutreachJudaism, especially Rabbi Tovia and his team?

You familiar with the Talmuds, the Mishna, Midrash, Hebrew: מִדְרָשׁ; pl. מִדְרָשִׁים midrashim or מִדְרָשׁוֹת midrashot)

Oral Torah and many more of which I shall not mention.

All good to try and teach biblical interpretation here but online, YouTube, many Christians are leaving Christianity and embrace
Let’s Get Biblical Study Guide (Volume 2)...

Here is another one...Category: Adding Or Subtracting From Torah

NO Christian apologist to date can refute the claims of these rabbis, as I am sure you are well aware of.
An example, in Isaiah
נגשׂ והוא נענה ולא יפתח־פיו כשׂה לטבח יובל וכרחל לפני גזזיה נאלמה ולא יפתח פיו׃
מעצר וממשׁפט לקח ואת־דורו מי ישׂוחח כי נגזר מארץ חיים מפשׁע עמי נגע למו׃

ויתן את־רשׁעים קברו ואת־עשׁיר במתיו על לא־חמס עשׂה ולא מרמה

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment; and who of his generation declared? For he was cut off [ Dan_9:26 ; Lev_17:10 ] out of Eretz Chayyim [this refers to the mot of Moshiach Ben Dovid, see Isa_53:12 ] mipesha ami (for the transgression of my people [Yisroel]) -nega (plague cf Psa_91:10 ) lamo ([fell] on him [i.e., Moshiach; in light of Psa_11:7 and Job_22:2 we are warranted in saying the suffix is a singular, "him," not "them". Cf Gen_9:26-27 ; Deu_33:2 ; Isa_44:15 ; also compare 1Ch_21:17 ]).
OJB
The very scripture that Tovia argues it is a "them", not "Him" and so claim that in the Isaiah passages and Ps 22 or in the entire Hebrew Tanack there is no mention of Christ and our New Testament Bibles is a copy and paste TO the Hebrew scriptures, debunking everything Christians hold dear.

I have posted the information in the past but find that most, not all, are too lazy to read or listen and and are mostly online while we have a real enemy globally.

I would suggest, that is you want to teach, teach on how to be an apologist that can think on their feet, knowing the "enemy" and what tools they are using before we lose many more sincere believers that are worn out to the camp of Judaism.
Just a suggestion.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have both the PC Study Bible software and Logos with all the options .
That is a blessing, look up Isaiah 53:8

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
...in Hebrew and see if the 'he" is a "them"...Christophany.

J.

Reactions: ChristisGod

AW Bowman

Jun 7, 2022
East Texas
hatalmidim.boards.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
General notes:

Remember to pray before opening your Bible.
I have e Sword Mr. Bowman.
I have studied Hebrew and Greek for years and still studying, not claiming to be a scholar as we have enough scholars here..
Do you , or are you familiar with Tovia Singer?
Why are there not Christian Apologists that can refute and debunk the claims of OutreachJudaism, especially Rabbi Tovia and his team?

You familiar with the Talmuds, the Mishna, Midrash, Hebrew: מִדְרָשׁ; pl. מִדְרָשִׁים midrashim or מִדְרָשׁוֹת midrashot)

Oral Torah and many more of which I shall not mention.

All good to try and teach biblical interpretation here but online, YouTube, many Christians are leaving Christianity and embrace
Let’s Get Biblical Study Guide (Volume 2)...

Here is another one...Category: Adding Or Subtracting From Torah

NO Christian apologist to date can refute the claims of these rabbis, as I am sure you are well aware of.
An example, in Isaiah
נגשׂ והוא נענה ולא יפתח־פיו כשׂה לטבח יובל וכרחל לפני גזזיה נאלמה ולא יפתח פיו׃
מעצר וממשׁפט לקח ואת־דורו מי ישׂוחח כי נגזר מארץ חיים מפשׁע עמי נגע למו׃

ויתן את־רשׁעים קברו ואת־עשׁיר במתיו על לא־חמס עשׂה ולא מרמה

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment; and who of his generation declared? For he was cut off [ Dan_9:26 ; Lev_17:10 ] out of Eretz Chayyim [this refers to the mot of Moshiach Ben Dovid, see Isa_53:12 ] mipesha ami (for the transgression of my people [Yisroel]) -nega (plague cf Psa_91:10 ) lamo ([fell] on him [i.e., Moshiach; in light of Psa_11:7 and Job_22:2 we are warranted in saying the suffix is a singular, "him," not "them". Cf Gen_9:26-27 ; Deu_33:2 ; Isa_44:15 ; also compare 1Ch_21:17 ]).
OJB
The very scripture that Tovia argues it is a "them", not "Him" and so claim that in the Isaiah passages and Ps 22 or in the entire Hebrew Tanack there is no mention of Christ and our New Testament Bibles is a copy and paste TO the Hebrew scriptures, debunking everything Christians hold dear.

I have posted the information in the past but find that most, not all, are too lazy to read or listen and and are mostly online while we have a real enemy globally.

I would suggest, that is you want to teach, teach on how to be an apologist that can think on their feet, knowing the "enemy" and what tools they are using before we lose many more sincere believers that are worn out to the camp of Judaism.
Just a suggestion.
J.

I am viewing the video. This might take some time!

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
...in Hebrew and see if the 'he" is a "them"...Christophany.
Christophany, you know about the four "servant songs" recorded in scriptures, I know you do since you have a Logos software..
And since you are a relative young gun I would give you a little assignment, but, be careful, this man is very convincing and many, many Christians have left Jesus and embrace Judaism.

Here goes, see if what he is saying, bearing in mind, this is the leading rabbi in Orthodox Judaism...see if what he is saying is true and IF not, if you can debunk his claims.

This will take some time, if you are willing, if our Lord has called you to do this, pray first, seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and then, with the tools, see if by the help of the Spirit, you can gain ground...if I was younger, this would have been my desire, to refute and debunk the claims of leading rabbis since daily our brothers and sisters in Christ are being deluded by the charisma of this man.

Would you say that Isaiah 53 is speaking of the crucifixion of our Lord and great God Jesus Christ, or Yisrael?

I will understand should you not wish to go through this.
You may inbox, or speak privately to me.
J.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christophany, you know about the four "servant songs" recorded in scriptures, I know you do since you have a Logos software..
And since you are a relative young gun I would give you a little assignment, but, be careful, this man is very convincing and many, many Christians have left Jesus and embrace Judaism.

Here goes, see if what he is saying, bearing in mind, this is the leading rabbi in Orthodox Judaism...see if what he is saying is true and IF not, if you can debunk his claims.

This will take some time, if you are willing, if our Lord has called you to do this, pray first, seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and then, with the tools, see if by the help of the Spirit, you can gain ground...if I was younger, this would have been my desire, to refute and debunk the claims of leading rabbis since daily our brothers and sisters in Christ are being deluded by the charisma of this man.

Would you say that Isaiah 53 is speaking of the crucifixion of our Lord and great God Jesus Christ, or Yisrael?

J.
I'm not that young lol in my 60's and became a believer in 1980. Have not put Gods word down every since the day I was saved. I get up every morning before my family at 4-5am and read my bible. Its been a habit since 1980 that never left me. :). I'm sure I'm younger than some here though. I think you and I are the same age 62 right. I was born in 1960.

shalom.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm not that young lol in my 60's and became a believer in 1980. Have not put Gods word down every since the day I was saved. I get up every morning before my family at 4-5am and read my bible. Its been a habit since 1980 that never left me. :). I'm sure I'm younger than some here though. I think you and I are the same age 62 right. I was born in 1960.

shalom.
Yes, we are the same age, coming back to Isaiah 53, Christophony, would you say this describes the crucified Messiah?
Is 43:10
Is 53:4-12
Is 41
42:6
43:10
44:1
45-48...

I have studied enough Hebrew through the years to help me through the Holy Spirit, don't know why I have, still are, studying the Hebrew Bible...should you listen to the video clip we are told our Brit Chadasha is a copy and paste TO the Hebrew Scriptures, in other words, not inspired, no Messiah, no crucifixion, no resurrection....and scores are falling in a ditch, recant of Christianity and embrace Judaism.

Can you "feel" my deepest concern here brother?
J.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, we are the same age, coming back to Isaiah 53, Christophony, would you say this describes the crucified Messiah?
Is 41
45-48...

I have studied enough Hebrew through the years to help me through the Holy Spirit, don't know why I have, still are, studying the Hebrew Bible...should you listen to the video clip we are told our Brit Chadasha is a copy and paste TO the Hebrew Scriptures, in other words, not inspired, no Messiah, no crucifixion, no resurrection....and scores are falling in a ditch, recant of Christianity and embrace Judaism.

J.
A side issue, still throw weights around, gym, and eating healthy, by the grace of YHVH.

AW Bowman

Jun 7, 2022
East Texas
hatalmidim.boards.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

J.

Thank you Sir.
J.

I made it through the video - and now I am letting it set for a while - then I am going through it again, along with your entire post. This is not a trivial undertaking! One thing though. I noticed is that the Rabbi was following many of the areas "for effectively studying and interpreting the Bible".

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is 41
45-48...

J.
Yes the OT is filled with Messianic passages.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not my opinion, if you don't want to dig deeper into scriptures since we all have only 12 hours in a day, that's your decision.
I already dug deeper and gave you all the relevant verses and passages -- without consulting any commentary or dictionary. Just the Concordance. God the Father already revealed His Servant through Isaiah. He was humble and exalted both at one and the same time. As Jesus said: For even the Son of Man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister [to serve], and to give his life a ransom for many. (Mark 10:45) That is the role He took on earth. Jesus was probably the busiest man who ever lived -- serving others while healing, preaching, and teaching.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes the OT is filled with Messianic passages.

Ok, this is Tovia, prove it, since it is not in the Hebrew Bible at all, remember, this is a scholar, can quote reams of scriptures from memory, knowing the customs and cultures of Judaism, a public charismatic, likeable fella, and you are not allowed to use the New Testament, a side note, he knows the New Testament better than us, yet debunking everything as contained in the infallible scriptures
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I already dug deeper and gave you all the relevant verses and passages -- without consulting any commentary or dictionary. Just the Concordance. God the Father already revealed His Servant through Isaiah. He was humble and exalted both at one and the same time. As Jesus said: For even the Son of Man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister [to serve], and to give his life a ransom for many. (Mark 10:45) That is the role He took on earth. Jesus was probably the busiest man who ever lived -- serving others while healing, preaching, and teaching.
Nothing wrong in using secondary sources Enoch, and I am not being argumentative with you.
I am not here to please man, but to glorify our Lord Christ Jesus.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I made it through the video - and now I am letting it set for a while - then I am going through it again, along with your entire post. This is not a trivial undertaking! One thing though. I noticed is that the Rabbi was following many of the areas "for effectively studying and interpreting the Bible".
...and still debunking any and all claims on the infallibility of the holy scriptures Mr. Bowman, don't be fooled by his charisma, a born and gifted orator.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa