The stumbling block of the cross...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:11 (NASB)
But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished.

The stumbling block of the cross, what is it?

It is the line between seeing or not seeing the absoluteness and permanency of our deaths in Christ..For the totality of our deaths in Christ is as real and true as Christ’s death on the cross was... Never to be repeated, never to be undone and therefore, so is ours...Until this is seen, one has stumbled over and held back by this stone whether one realizes it or not...This is the stone that if;

Matthew 21:44 (NASB)
“And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.”

But either way death is brought forth, for that is the purpose of this stone..For the destruction of all that was born in and from Adam...

For our deaths with Christ on the cross is the very foundation of our salvation...Without the knowledge of one’s death, and belief and faith, in that death, one will be able to be thrown around to and fro, never being established in Christ to the strength and degree that their knowledge of their deaths would bring forth....For the security is in the establishment of the truth of this death...Which death can never be undone and the strength of this foundation is for all believers...

For of a truth; the death one died when Christ died is their real death...Now it is a matter of believing in this truth and reckoning it so....

“For the just shall live by faith”

For this stumbling block is laid before all, but once embraced, life, joy, peace, and the walking in newness of life scripture speaks of will be known as a living reality..,

Which reality only gets deeper, better, richer, more blessed each and every day one embraces the truth of their death in Christ the deeper..

Be blessed all in the deeper, Not me

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Not me ...A very mature opener with much incite into the personal meaning and its impact on living with the full knowledge of a permanent changes heart - our complete death of self to life, constantly felt and mindful of it every day, in the Spirit. Our spiritual death doe not mean instant spiritual perfection. It means we are now perfected in Christ ONLY, as this is the will of the Father.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Not me ...A very mature opener with much incite into the personal meaning and its impact on living with the full knowledge of a permanent changes heart - our complete death of self to life, constantly felt and mindful of it every day, in the Spirit. Our spiritual death doe not mean instant spiritual perfection. It means we are now perfected in Christ ONLY, as this is the will of the Father.

Bless you,

APAK

Thanks, so very much for the confirmation, it blessed my heart..

I would agree with you, it does not mean instant perfection....I believe I have found by experience it means to the degree I appropriate my death in Christ, to that degree can and will I walk in newness of life...

To the reckoning ourselves dead deeper and deeper every day, be blessed in Him..

A fellow reckoner, Not me

Reactions: APAK

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted?

if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted?

if I preach the flesh and not the Spirit, then why am I persecuted by flesh? Makes me think of Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Acts 22:7-8 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? [8] And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.

Reactions: Philip James

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

“To them that perish foolishness”
“But to us which are being saved it is the power of God”
“Being saved” in the putting off of the old man which perishes)and putting on the New man(which endures and remains). To the old man perishing it is foolishness and the scent of death unto death. But to the new man, the new creature, it is the scent of life unto life. The power of God in us “being saved”: who is sufficient for theses things? (2 Corinthians 3:5)

2 Corinthians 2:14-16 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. [15] For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one (the old man which perishes)we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other (the new creature)the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?
—making manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son,(death unto death) much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. (life unto Life) in the putting off the old and putting on the New.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted?

if I preach the flesh and not the Spirit, then why am I persecuted by flesh? Makes me think of Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Acts 22:7-8 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? [8] And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.

As the mystery of our death in Christ is opened, to the hearts that are open...

Be so blessed in the opening, Not me

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But to us which are being saved it is the power of God” “Being saved” in the putting off of the old man which perishes) and putting on the New man (which endures and remains). To the old man perishing it is foolishness and the scent of death unto death. But to the new man, the new creature, it is the scent of life unto life. The power of God in us “being saved”: who is sufficient for theses things? (2 Corinthians 3:5)
There are 3 tenses to salvation. 1. We have been saved from the PENALTY of sin (justification) 2. We are being saved from the POWER of sin (ongoing sanctification) 3. We will be saved from the PRESENCE of sin (glorification)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished.

The stumbling block of the cross, what is it?

It is the line between seeing or not seeing the absoluteness and permanency of our deaths in Christ..For the totality of our deaths in Christ is as real and true as Christ’s death on the cross was... Never to be repeated, never to be undone and therefore, so is ours...Until this is seen, one has stumbled over and held back by this stone whether one realizes it or not...This is the stone that if;

Matthew 21:44 (NASB)
“And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.”

But either way death is brought forth, for that is the purpose of this stone..For the destruction of all that was born in and from Adam...

For our deaths with Christ on the cross is the very foundation of our salvation...Without the knowledge of one’s death, and belief and faith, in that death, one will be able to be thrown around to and fro, never being established in Christ to the strength and degree that their knowledge of their deaths would bring forth....For the security is in the establishment of the truth of this death...Which death can never be undone and the strength of this foundation is for all believers...

For of a truth; the death one died when Christ died is their real death...Now it is a matter of believing in this truth and reckoning it so....

“For the just shall live by faith”

For this stumbling block is laid before all, but once embraced, life, joy, peace, and the walking in newness of life scripture speaks of will be known as a living reality..,

Which reality only gets deeper, better, richer, more blessed each and every day one embraces the truth of their death in Christ the deeper..

Be blessed all in the deeper, Not me

Let's take a look at Galatians 5: again using the amplified bible, starting from

7 You were running [the race] well; who has interfered and prevented you from obeying the truth? 8 This [deceptive] persuasion is not from Him who called you [to freedom in Christ].

9 A little leaven [a slight inclination to error, or a few false teachers] leavens the whole batch [it perverts the concept of faith and misleads the church]. 10 I have confidence in you in the Lord that you will adopt no other view [contrary to mine on the matter]; but the one who is disturbing you, whoever he is, will have to bear the penalty.

11 But as for me, brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision [as I had done before I met Christ; and as some accuse me of doing now, as necessary for salvation], why am I still being persecuted [by Jews]? In that case the stumbling block of the cross [to unbelieving Jews] has been abolished.

12 I wish that those who are troubling you [by teaching that circumcision is necessary for salvation] would even [go all the way and] castrate themselves!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's take a look at Galatians 5: again using the amplified bible, starting from

7 You were running [the race] well; who has interfered and prevented you from obeying the truth? 8 This [deceptive] persuasion is not from Him who called you [to freedom in Christ].

9 A little leaven [a slight inclination to error, or a few false teachers] leavens the whole batch [it perverts the concept of faith and misleads the church]. 10 I have confidence in you in the Lord that you will adopt no other view [contrary to mine on the matter]; but the one who is disturbing you, whoever he is, will have to bear the penalty.

11 But as for me, brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision [as I had done before I met Christ; and as some accuse me of doing now, as necessary for salvation], why am I still being persecuted [by Jews]? In that case the stumbling block of the cross [to unbelieving Jews] has been abolished.

12 I wish that those who are troubling you [by teaching that circumcision is necessary for salvation] would even [go all the way and] castrate themselves!

Hi, hope all is Christ in and with you....

If I understand correctly what you are saying is you believe scripture teaches that the stumbling block of the cross of Christ is the act of circumcision... ???

I think and believe he was addressing circumcision as a representation in addressing the whole law of doing in the Old Covenant...

Which all works of the law are now fulfilled when Christ came to fulfill the law on the cross concerning man, by tasting death for every man thereby fulfilling the law in and for all that would be joined to Him by faith.

Therefore all works of the law would be fulfilled in us by our being joined to Christ in His death..Thereby making the understanding and belief and acceptance of our deaths in Christ the stumbling block, that thing that is at the very foundation of our salvation.. That belief, that knowledge, that faith that when Christ died we died..

This is my belief and understanding at my present state of growth in Christ...

May we all continue to grow up and into Him in all things..

A fellow believer, Not me

Last edited: