The Sweet and bitter little book of Revelation 10

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Malsi Si Live

Dec 29, 2018
hacinsack
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm leaving because of Corelssue. I don't want to get any more of a bad opinion of the followers of Christ than I already have. I should not have come here.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So in my view, there's much that works AGAINST this 'little book' being the bible or any other inspired book from God. I say its the KORAN.
That is incorrect, because the context shows that it is the book of Revelation itself: And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. (v 11).

"Thou must prophesy again" is personally addressed to John, and John did prophesy to to the whole world through Revelation. The Koran is Satanic, and could never "be in thy mouth sweet as honey".

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot the "BITTER" to the belly part. It means that the Koran is initially sweet when consumed. On the surface it's a peaceful document. But after John consumed its contents, it becomes BITTER, an irritant, and it angers the heart and soul. After all, it is a counterfeit religious book with many devout followers. In it there are over 100 verses that sanction the persecution and murder on infidels.

Ezekiel ate a book and it was sweet too, but didn't make his stomach bitter!

Says the man who rejects the Trinity and thanks demons are aliens.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot the "BITTER" to the belly part. It means that the Koran is initially sweet when consumed. On the surface it's a peaceful document. But after John consumed its contents, it becomes BITTER, an irritant, and it angers the heart and soul. After all, it is a counterfeit religious book with many devout followers. In it there are over 100 verses that sanction the persecution and murder on infidels.

Ezekiel ate a book and it was sweet too, but didn't make his stomach bitter!

Koran? (IMO) No. Proverbs 27:7
[7] The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

Exodus 15:23-25
[23] And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah. [24] And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink? [25] And he cried unto the Lord ; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,

So many more reasons for possibly why the sweet and bitter John experienced while eating the little book. Samson taking honey from the dead carcase of a lion. And of course: James 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

You don’t have to go to the Koran.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews would never accept a messiah from islam. Your theory doesn't work.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that proves a thing. The Babylonians, synonymous with the Muslim's, are said to be a BITTER AND HASTY PEOPLE, and "fearful and dreadful."

The Koran has 6,666 verses in it..ACCORDING TO TWO ISLAMIC SCHOLARS. And Islam is the most counterfeit religion in the world compared to Christianity.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

The word 'LIKE' means...like, similar, resembling. So you can look at this a few ways. It's a religion similar to Christianity, which Islam is a prefect counterfeit of.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Ever notice how sweet and soft spoken Muslim clerics are? Ever notice how some lamb horns look like crescent moons? We put crosses on top of Churches. Islam puts a crescent moon that looks like two horns!

View attachment 5119

bighorn-sheep-rena-jones-dpc.jpg

Islam is the most counterfeit religion in the world compared to Christianity. It has a false god named Allah. A false prophet named Muhammad who Muslims believe is, "the prophet like unto Moses." A false returning jesus called, "the Muslim Jesus." A false book called the Koran and the hadith. A false returning messiah. And a false prophetic scenario very similar to Christianity's with 'jesus' also returning only to be the Mahdi's subordinate. Welcome to Babylon the Great! And to think. ISIS believes that Jesus will return to help them defeat the dajjal who is the Islamic antichrist!

Yes, focused on flesh and hatred. There is plenty of that.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The little book is a mystery because we are not told what is in it.

When you compare the angel to that of the angel of the Lord in the Old Testament and in other parts of Revelation, along with the appearance of God throne, I believe it is the second person of the Trinity in his role as Angel of the Lord.

I also believe since what the seven thunders said is sealed up, as happened in the book of Daniel as well, that it is prophecy revealed in the future when appropriate. Probably during the MK.

Cannot prove it, but it seems highly likely to me.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The mystery is solved when we read this: And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. (v 9)

The key is in that last clause.

1. What is sweeter than honey? How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! (Ps 119:103)
Since all of Revelation consists of the words of God, it is indeed sweet to all believers. And it was sweet to John, particularly since he had the high privilege of writing down "the Revelation of Jesus Christ". God gave us an overview of everything between the first and second comings of Christ, all the way to the New Heavens and the New Earth. Only Bible-believing Christians have the privilege of knowing what is to come, and that eventually God and Christ will prevail.

2. What would make John's belly bitter (metaphorically)? For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Rev 6:17) The awful judgments which are described from Revelation 6-18 are unimaginable to anyone today. They are extremely disturbing, and so John's belly would be bitter as he wrote down everything.

Therefore that *little book* is simply the book of Revelation, with 22 chapters, and only 22 pages in a fine print Bible.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mystery is solved when we read this: And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. (v 9)

1. What is sweeter than honey? How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! (Ps 119:103)
Since all of Revelation consists of the words of God, it is indeed sweet to all believers. And it was sweet to John, particularly since he had the high privilege of writing down "the Revelation of Jesus Christ". God gave us an overview of everything between the first and second comings of Christ, all the way to the New Heavens and the New Earth. Only Bible-believing Christians have the privilege of knowing what is to come, and that eventually God and Christ will prevail.

2. What would make John's belly bitter (metaphorically)? For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Rev 6:17) The awful judgments which are described from Revelation 6-18 are
unimaginable to anyone today. They are extremely disturbing, and so John's belly would be bitter as he wrote down everything.

Therefore that *little book* is simply the book of Revelation, with 22 chapters, and only 22 pages in a fine print Bible.

That doesn't make sense because the Bible reveals everything your claiming.

Even more, it's followed immediately by the seven thunders which are sealed.

This has the same flavor as Daniel 12.

And remember, this was written for John's time and tribulation period as well. Meaning not just for Israel of then or the church of now.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I also believe since what the seven thunders said is sealed up, as happened in the book of Daniel as well, that it is prophecy revealed in the future when appropriate. Probably during the MK.

This is an interesting point, and you could well be right...that this is something to be revealed to us at a future moment.
I think it could also be linking to when in verse 6 John is told that there will be "no more delay". Since reporting the messages (or thunders) that were given would take time, and therefore mean a time delay, John is told not to write them down, as there will be no more delay.

But, again, like you, that just a guess.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

2. What would make John's belly bitter (metaphorically)? For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Rev 6:17) The awful judgments which are described from Revelation 6-18 are unimaginable to anyone today. They are extremely disturbing, and so John's belly would be bitter as he wrote down everything.

I'm not sure if the scroll is exactly the book of Revelation, but I agree with you that it most certainly is the word of God. It is sweet to Joh because he knows that people from all tongues and tribes and nations will come to Christ and be saved, but his stomach is bitter because he also knows, because of that same word, that most will reject God and be lost.
And yes...this is the very message of Revelation, at its core, so I suppose your point is valid...it could very well be the very word that he is receiving that creates this mixed reaction in John.

Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you compare the angel to that of the angel of the Lord in the Old Testament and in other parts of Revelation, along with the appearance of God throne, I believe it is the second person of the Trinity in his role as Angel of the Lord.

I think the book of Daniel has been opened up to this generation. Another consideration should be that since we don't know what the seven thunders said but they are within the timing of Rev. they could throw all our theories out the window.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the book of Daniel has been opened up to this generation. Another consideration should be that since we don't know what the seven thunders said but they are within the timing of Rev. they could throw all our theories out the window.

I agree on the book of Daniel.

As for the seven thunders, I have no proof, but I think they pertain to the MK.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't make sense because the Bible reveals everything your claiming.

Even more, it's followed immediately by the seven thunders which are sealed.

This has the same flavor as Daniel 12.

And remember, this was written for John's time and tribulation period as well. Meaning not just for Israel of then or the church of now.

Revelation was written for Christ's Church leading all the way up to His 2nd coming.

The Biblical proof of that is the existence of the seven candlesticks IN HEAVEN which John was shown in Revelation 1, and by Jesus' warnings to the seven Churches involving descriptions of removing their candlestick in Heaven because of apostasy. It has been Dispensationalists that have tried to divy up the seven Messages into different ages when all seven of Christ's Messages to the seven Churches are still literally in effect for all Churches today. Understanding the seven Messages Jesus gave is even for today a way how to know WHAT KIND of Church one is attending, either a beth-aven (house of vanity) or a true Christian Church that remains faithful to Christ and His Word.

The events in Revelation 10 are about Apostle John being chosen to prophesy of these things Jesus showed him in Revelation. The idea of sealing up goes back to Rev.5 & 6 about only The Lamb being worthy to open the seals. John was chosen to reveal what Jesus opened unto him, but not until it was time to reveal it.

Rev.10:7 reveals that when the 7th angel sounds, the mystery of God is finished as revealed through His prophets. It means the end has come and is completed, Jesus' return even being suggested. So the seven thunders represent the time of after effect, completion, since lightning always occurs first, and then the thunder.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation was written for Christ's Church leading all the way up to His 2nd coming.

The Biblical proof of that is the existence of the seven candlesticks IN HEAVEN which John was shown in Revelation 1, and by Jesus' warnings to the seven Churches involving descriptions of removing their candlestick in Heaven because of apostasy. It has been Dispensationalists that have tried to divy up the seven Messages into different ages when all seven of Christ's Messages to the seven Churches are still literally in effect for all Churches today. Understanding the seven Messages Jesus gave is even for today a way how to know WHAT KIND of Church one is attending, either a beth-aven (house of vanity) or a true Christian Church that remains faithful to Christ and His Word.

The events in Revelation 10 are about Apostle John being chosen to prophesy of these things Jesus showed him in Revelation. The idea of sealing up goes back to Rev.5 & 6 about only The Lamb being worthy to open the seals. John was chosen to reveal what Jesus opened unto him, but not until it was time to reveal it.

Rev.10:7 reveals that when the 7th angel sounds, the mystery of God is finished as revealed through His prophets. It means the end has come and is completed, Jesus' return even being suggested. So the seven thunders represent the time of after effect, completion, since lightning always occurs first, and then the thunder.

Where do you see it was only written for the church?

It was written for everybody including during the tribulation.

A picky point, but they were oil lamps are candlesticks. A KJV error.

Well, you check the characteristics of each church will see they match the characteristics of church history in order.

And yes, all seven characteristics are here today. The good our the sixth church and the bad the seventh. Both coexisting.

As for your interpretation of Revelation 10, I disagree.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. (Rev 22:16)

No argument with that. He warned the churches before they were where they were heading.

But how many of those churches still exist today? How many are still Christian? Does not Christ churches to warn and teach the world?

Israel, in the OT, was a lamp unto the world, not just Jewish believers.

The Mosaic law was written to Israel, but Gentiles profit from it is well.

Christ only came to Israel. But Gentiles profited as well.

So yes, the testimony at that time was to the churches. But now is to the world.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you see it was only written for the church?

It was written for everybody including during the tribulation.

Christ's Revelation was written for all Churches, but historically given to the seven Churches in Asia (Minor) through Apostle John. Your trying to create an argument over that simple fact addressed in Revelation 1 when I only presented the Biblical fact.

A picky point, but they were oil lamps are candlesticks. A KJV error.

Well, you check the characteristics of each church will see they match the characteristics of church history in order.

And yes, all seven characteristics are here today. The good our the sixth church and the bad the seventh. Both coexisting.

As for your interpretation of Revelation 10, I disagree.

The characteristics of the seven Churches Jesus gave each a Message to is how five of them had problems in them, while two had none. The dispensationalist attempt to create Church ages means that there had to be at least two Church ages where no Christian Church had problems within it, simply because the Churches of Smyrna and Philadelphia Jesus had no problem with. There has never been an era when no Christian Church was free of problems. Even in Apostle Paul's day he had to continually rebuke wrong that some brethren were doing, and warned after his leaving there would be wolves creeping in dividing and seeking to draw disciples unto themselves. Apostasy is something the Christian Church has had to deal with since the time of Acts.

If you disagree with what I said about Rev.10, then you're really disagreeing with the actual Rev.10 chapter itself, simply because it clearly states that when the 7th angel sounds, what God gave His OT prophets to prophesy (which included the events of the end and Christ's 2nd coming also), is all fulfilled. That makes the timeline to mean the start of Christ's future Millennial reign with His elect. Zechariah 14 shows the day of Jesus' 2nd coming and beginning de facto reign in Jerusalem over all nations.