The Tabernacle of the Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
8aCbzW

Tabernacle 1.gif

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have posted a diagram of the tabernacle with the dimensions added....which is very pertinent to this thread.

Let me just start by saying that the tabernacle represents the human heart. Has anyone ever heard of this or considered this before?

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's try this.

I believe that God has presented us with a picture of the human heart in the description of the tabernacle. Unlike the physical heart which has 4 chambers...the invisible part of the heart has half that many (no surprise there)....namely 2 parts. There is the larger part and the smaller part divided as exactly 2/3 + 1/3.

The tabernacle is thus divided into the holy part and the MOST holy part. (see the above drawing). That makes 2 levels of holiness. (See the thread on that subject on this forum).

In the human heart there is a veil....just as in the tabernacle (the parochet)...which is torn asunder to bring the heart/tabernacle into oneness. Jesus ripped down the veil in the temple by His death.....and the circumcision of the heart does the same thing within us....so that the 2 chambers become one...or rather that we proceed to a deeper relationship and holiness with God.

When we are circumcised in the heart...our hearts are said to have been united.

Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name (Psalm 86:11).

As long as we remain uncircumcised in the heart we remain divided within...stuck in Romans 7...so how can we expect unity in the church?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It seems what you are describing is the part where all of the shiny things are is what is seen, but the part which is in darkness is where you store all the things that you do not want to be seen by others. It is the place where the devil in our heart chambers is hidden and so often we do not realise that is the case because we are afraid to look into the heavily veiled chamber where the light is blocked from entering

God wants us to become real and to understand that the "treasure" we hid in our hearts is what really counts on the day of judgement. If darkness can be found in the inner chamber of our heart/our lives then, righteousness can not also be exist there because of the darkness no matter how small it may appear to be.

If we have circumcised our hearts such that there is no more place to hid the darkness in our hearts then we have a chance to be able to new/refurbish all of our heart by renewing what we can know about God and storing that up in the Kingdom of God. which is visible within our hearts.

Shalom

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now I am going to post something very important to understand....so it will most likely go unnoticed.

The context lies in this statement by Jesus... Luke 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

People are so concerned with a salvation status that they begin with. They never consider that God expects growth.

Here is a parable that is not understood in our time...

Luke 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

The dimensions of the tabernacle are 20 cubits and 10 cubits. In the above parable the comparison is identical....20k to 10k. This parable concerns the conversion of our hearts. But from a perspective of spiritual warfare.

The spirit inside of us that contains Christ is the smaller part (1/3) of our hearts...the holy of holies part. The larger part (2/3) are the things we set our hearts on....the things we love...family, country, past-times etc... IOW the things that occupy our hearts. Now we are twice more likely to love the things of this world in our daily lives than the things of God. Remember that the things of God occupy only 1/3 of our hearts. But that 1/3 must OVERCOME the other 2/3 of our hearts. THAT is the parable. We must give up all other affections and loves to let the love of God fully invade our whole heart.

Can we do this? No! We can't overcome ourselves. We must surrender all our loves to God...and forsake them if we wish to be wholehearted in our discipleship of Christ. We must seek the Lord for peace...a peace that means the love of God shed abroad in our whole hearts to serve Him alone.

So then to be overcomers we must first surrender all to Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If one looks at the above diagram, one sees that the holiest place isn't empty. There is an ark present there.

But what does the ark represent?

In Hebrew the word for "ark" is actually "coffin." (Aron)

Why a coffin?

The coffin represents the death of anything that is not holy in God's presence. Can a person look upon the Lord and live? Not carnally!

The veil was ripped down through death...revealing the entrance into the presence of God...AND the revelation of the coffin that must take the power of the carnal man away. This is a process that begins with death and carries death....along with resurrection life.

As long as the veil is left undisturbed...we will live as any other person. We may claim great things for ourselves, but the power is human that we exhibit.

But a crucified person exhibits a different kind of life. We could say crucified or circumcised in the heart.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one looks at the above diagram, one sees that the holiest place isn't empty. There is an ark present there.

But what does the ark represent?

In Hebrew the word for "ark" is actually "coffin." (Aron)

Why a coffin?

The coffin represents the death of anything that is not holy in God's presence. Can a person look upon the Lord and live? Not carnally!

The veil was ripped down through death...revealing the entrance into the presence of God...AND the revelation of the coffin that must take the power of the carnal man away. This is a process that begins with death and carries death....along with resurrection life.

As long as the veil is left undisturbed...we will live as any other person. We may claim great things for ourselves, but the power is human that we exhibit.

But a crucified person exhibits a different kind of life. We could say crucified or circumcised in the heart.
The flesh of Christ was the vail

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The flesh of Christ was the vail

There's more to this than what you have considered so far. The veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom...which no one would say was the flesh of Christ. We also have a veil within our own hearts. Only as we are willing to lose all things will God reveal His glory in our hearts and allow us into His presence.

Reactions: faithfulness

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's more to this than what you have considered so far. The veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom...which no one would say was the flesh of Christ. We also have a veil within our own hearts. Only as we are willing to lose all things will God reveal His glory in our hearts and allow us into His presence.
Hebrews 10:20 KJV
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: bbyrd009

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Tecarta Bible

Does it look like I'm trying to be dogmatic? Do you even understand the verses you post? Try engaging the thread with some understanding.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tecarta Bible
Greek: τελειόω
Transliteration: teleioō
Pronunciation: tel-i-o'-o
Definition: From G5046; to complete that is (literally) accomplish or (figuratively) consummate (in character): - consecrate finish fulfil (make) perfect.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only as we are willing to lose all things will God reveal His glory in our hearts and allow us into His presence.

He reveals His glory and THEN we lose all things. Not by our own power. Not by man’s will or doing but by God’s will and doing. You showed the coffin. We enter into His death and our works cease and His(the Spirit’s) works follow. Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

God’s works follow after the entering in to His death. You may say but yeah, see, first one chooses to enter in to His death of man’s own willingness to lose all and to be buried with Christ that one may live to serve the living God.

BUT the glory of God went before the ark and after. As Paul was first shown the glory of God on the road to Damascus, was crucified and entered into death (not I but Christ lives) after clearly seeing The glory of God, then the glory (works) of God followed after which is Spirit. The glory of God seen Before and after the ark.

Does God’s glory go before the Ark? Did Paul see this Glory before entering in?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He reveals His glory and THEN we lose all things. Not by our own power. Not by man’s will or doing but by God’s will and doing. You showed the coffin. We enter into His death and our works cease and His(the Spirit’s) works follow. Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Actually God gives us a sample of His glory....then it is up to us to go to Him in a full surrender. It's like the 10 lepers whom Jesus healed...but only 1 came back to Him. Jesus asked "where are the other 9?
Does God’s glory go before the Ark? Did Paul seeing this Glory before entering in?

Good question. I say yes...but in our case as individuals...it is the sample. As in...taste and see that the Lord is good. After that WE are held responsible.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greek: τελειόω
Transliteration: teleioō
Pronunciation: tel-i-o'-o
Definition: From G5046; to complete that is (literally) accomplish or (figuratively) consummate (in character): - consecrate finish fulfil (make) perfect.
Some interesting words here; make perfect,consummate?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God’s works follow after the entering in to His death. You may say but yeah, see, first one chooses to enter in to His death of man’s own willingness to lose all and to be buried with Christ that one may live to serve the living God.

BUT the glory of God went before the ark and after. As Paul was first shown the glory of God on the road to Damascus, was crucified and entered into death (not I but Christ lives) after clearly seeing The glory of God, then the glory (works) of God followed after which is Spirit. The glory of God seen Before and after the ark.

Does God’s glory go before the Ark? Did Paul see this Glory before entering in?
His seed remains

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually God gives us a sample of His glory....then it is up to us to go to Him in a full surrender. It's like the 10 lepers whom Jesus healed...but only 1 came back to Him. Jesus asked "where are the other 9?

Good question. I say yes...but in our case as individuals...it is the sample. As in...taste and see that the Lord is good. After that WE are held responsible.
Works of the flesh.