The Teacher and students

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh - the Lord asked me to write on this:

If we know the Lord, we know that He is the teachers. Indeed the Scriptures explain that none should be called teacher/rabbi because we really only have one Teacher.

Of course that doesn't mean that He the Teacher can not use people to help and assist Him. He did after all make people and must have had purposes for doing so. Indeed, He also sends angles to minister to us and watch over us also. Still - He is the Teacher!!

So what kind of Teacher would bring students to class and not talk to them??

Not HIM!!

And what do you think of students who come to class but don't ever listen to the Teacher??

He once told me "Karl they call me Wonderful Counselor and so I am, but I am not a wonderful counselor to those who don't listen to Me."

The same thing applies to Him being our Teacher, doesn't it?

For Him to be our Teacher, we must actually listen to what He has to say to us!! And He is not the type of teacher who would bring His pupils to Him and not speak to them! And if you have been listening to Him then you must have many many things that he taught you, do you not?

He once told/taught me:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

He has told/taught me so many other things. Indeed, it always seem like He is teaching me things. Many I found interesting enough to write down - and I don't like taking notes normally. I will include a few more below, but the point of this writing was to do what He asked, which was obviously to get His students listening in class... and that includes me because there is sometime about if you teach don't you teach yourself. I need to listen more myself - still here are a few other thing He told/taught me that I liked:

WHEN WE TALK TO GOD, GOD TALKS TO US……. WHEN WE LISTEN TO GOD, GOD LISTENS TO US!

THE BEST LISTENERS MAKE THE BEST TEACHERS.
(note Jesus said He did and said only what the Father told Him, so He is the best listener)

SHOULDN’T YOU HEAR FROM A MAN YOU’RE JUDGING WORTHY OF DEATH AND EXAMINE WHETHER THERE IS TRUTH IN WHAT HE SAYS. SO IT IS THAT I HAVE MADE HEARING FROM ME THE VERY THINGS THAT GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE.
(note that we are saved by faith but faith comes from hearing)

IT'S NOT EASY LISTENING TO A ROCK. YOU HAVE TO LISTEN VERY CLOSE!

THESE BITS OF WISDOM ARE LIKE DROPS OF WATER. I WILL SURELY GIVE YOU A POND FULL.

(note: I have a whole lot more of these - but the point is that we all should have a bunch of these and be getting more often)

DOES NOT HEAVEN REIGN/RAIN?
(note: He just now gave me that to wrap this up)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh - the Lord asked me to write on this:

If we know the Lord, we know that He is the teachers. Indeed the Scriptures explain that none should be called teacher/rabbi because we really only have one Teacher.

Of course that doesn't mean that He the Teacher can not use people to help and assist Him. He did after all make people and must have had purposes for doing so. Indeed, He also sends angles to minister to us and watch over us also. Still - He is the Teacher!!

So what kind of Teacher would bring students to class and not talk to them??

Not HIM!!

And what do you think of students who come to class but don't ever listen to the Teacher??

He once told me "Karl they call me Wonderful Counselor and so I am, but I am not a wonderful counselor to those who don't listen to Me."

The same thing applies to Him being our Teacher, doesn't it?

For Him to be our Teacher, we must actually listen to what He has to say to us!! And He is not the type of teacher who would bring His pupils to Him and not speak to them! And if you have been listening to Him then you must have many many things that he taught you, do you not?

He once told/taught me:

WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

He has told/taught me so many other things. Indeed, it always seem like He is teaching me things. Many I found interesting enough to write down - and I don't like taking notes normally. I will include a few more below, but the point of this writing was to do what He asked, which was obviously to get His students listening in class... and that includes me because there is sometime about if you teach don't you teach yourself. I need to listen more myself - still here are a few other thing He told/taught me that I liked:

WHEN WE TALK TO GOD, GOD TALKS TO US……. WHEN WE LISTEN TO GOD, GOD LISTENS TO US!

(note Jesus said He did and said only what the Father told Him, so He is the best listener)

SHOULDN’T YOU HEAR FROM A MAN YOU’RE JUDGING WORTHY OF DEATH AND EXAMINE WHETHER THERE IS TRUTH IN WHAT HE SAYS. SO IT IS THAT I HAVE MADE HEARING FROM ME THE VERY THINGS THAT GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE.
(note that we are saved by faith but faith comes from hearing)

IT'S NOT EASY LISTENING TO A ROCK. YOU HAVE TO LISTEN VERY CLOSE!

THESE BITS OF WISDOM ARE LIKE DROPS OF WATER. I WILL SURELY GIVE YOU A POND FULL.

(note: I have a whole lot more of these - but the point is that we all should have a bunch of these and be getting more often)

DOES NOT HEAVEN REIGN/RAIN?
(note: He just now gave me that to wrap this up)

Interesting take Karl,
I will be watching what others have to say of this...
Food for thought and sounds pretty likely!

Reactions: Karl Peters

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Indeed, the words of scripture are spiritually discerned. One can not just put a bible in front of another and expect them to come to an understanding of the truth. As you read you must listen to the Spirit's commentary. Carrying no extra presuppositions, which drown out his voice.

I've often wondered why we have teachers, even biblically, when the Spirit will teach us all things. But our view of a teacher may be skewed from the way it was back then. The teaching style of old was not to tell people to memorize this, or believe that. It involved guiding people to come to a conclusion on their own. And this leaves a place for the Spirit even when there is a human teacher. Parables are useful for this purpose.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting take Karl,
I will be watching what others have to say of this...
Food for thought and sounds pretty likely!

Thank you for being interested.

From my point of view, since coming to actually know Him, it all seems to obvious to write about. I mean - as much time as He spends giving me teachings and from what I hear, all Christians should be thinking ' Yeah of course - His disciples hear Him teaching them in words that come from through His Spirit to our spirit in words'. So I guess my hope would be that the people on this forum would be writing back with the neat things He has been teaching them. After all it is written that they will all be taught of God - at least all believers who come to Jesus Christ, right?

Jn 6:45 “It is written in the prophets, ‘AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, the words of scripture are spiritually discerned. One can not just put a bible in front of another and expect them to come to an understanding of the truth. As you read you must listen to the Spirit's commentary. Carrying no extra presuppositions, which drown out his voice.

I've often wondered why we have teachers, even biblically, when the Spirit will teach us all things. But our view of a teacher may be skewed from the way it was back then. The teaching style of old was not to tell people to memorize this, or believe that. It involved guiding people to come to a conclusion on their own. And this leaves a place for the Spirit even when there is a human teacher. Parables are useful for this purpose.

I like it: a bit of understanding!

Of course He - The Teacher - is going to teach out of the Text book/ the Bible. He of course is not limited to just teaching out of the text book. In the Bible did Jesus only use Scriptures to teach His disciple? No - He used lots of things to get across His messages, including the Scriptures - and He/God is the same today as then. So YES - He still uses things like parables and sayings to get us to think! It is not just memorizing the Scriptures but an understanding of things that He is getting at!

So parables we should have, if we are being taught by Him. I love His parables and saying. He has given me so many. Most I didn't actually get around to writing down and they are forget by me. Yet many I did write down.

THE COIN COLLECTOR:

There once was a newly minted coin that shined and sparkled. What a wonderful looking coin he thought he was. How could any coin be more desirable than him?

Yet one day a man walked into the coin collectors shop and looked at the coins. “Many collectors do want newly minted coins”, thought the coin. “Surely He wants me”, the coin said to himself. But the man looked over the newly minted coin and took an old coin that hardly shined at all, to put into His collection.

It made no sense to the newly minted coin, but the rare find is not always the coin that’s hot off the press, but rather the rare and unique coin. The new coins, though they shine, are usually for everyday use. The thing of value is not often the one just out of the shell or hot off the press, but rather the coin that is often lost then found and pulled out from among the things of this world.

So there are those that shine on the outside but are not unique or peculiar. The shine on the inside may come through an old face of a truly valuable coin. And that is what the truly great coin collector looks for.

It is interesting how personal the Lord is. Of course desires that all should come to Him. Yet I was just over 40 when He really picked me up. He had tried to pick me up when I was just ten, but I was lost then found later in life. So the above parable He gave me had extra meaning to me. So it is that He gave parables to His disciple in the Bible and He has not changed. He is still the same!

Luke 15:8,9 “Or what woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? “When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost!'

So are we being taught of God? Are we listening to our Teacher?

Reactions: amadeus

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I remember one teaching in a dream. My church was handing out meals which were assorted deserts all wrapped together in plastic wrap. People would take the whole bundle and toss out what they didn't want to eat.

I took it as a lesson to listen to the full council of God, and not pick and choose.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember one teaching in a dream. My church was handing out meals which were assorted deserts all wrapped together in plastic wrap. People would take the whole bundle and toss out what they didn't want to eat.

I took it as a lesson to listen to the full council of God, and not pick and choose.

I like it!!!

Yeah - He does like to use dreams and visions too. In the OP I put the following little saying He gave me. And in it you see how He uses the "Book" (our Bible) but not just our Bible as some seem to tell us. Just like a teacher in a classroom uses more than just the text book He also uses "Overhead transparencies" - that is to say that He uses dreams and visions. Still, a teacher (The Teacher) will teach/comment on those "Overhead transparencies" - so exactly - we need "the whole bundle" (The Book, the dreams and visions, and all He has to say to us personally) and not just what we want to eat!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you the reader,

Will share the thoughts in my mind about the subject.

To me teachers should be willingly to share their beliefs, fully and in accordance to the word of God.

Teachers should teach the word of God and share what is learned in the scripture. Even if the teacher doesn’t have information on a particular part or doesn’t fully understand it they would be willingly to say am not sure, or I do not know.

Teachers should be willingly to consider others insights if they are shared then and there in accordance with the subject, and also if someone had a question in a respectful manner, to answer it for them or simply tell them that you are not sure.

I do not think it is good for teachers to be dogmatic over one certain thing (the only thing I would see needed to be dogmatic is that Faith in the death, burial, and resurrection in Yeshua (not excluding those who only know the living Creator God by the firmament and creation -> sun, moon, sky, ocean, mountains, valleys, hills, tree, animals, human and looking at stars and saying there is something much greater than them selves known as God who created all.) however for the people who know, the name Yeshua, or Jesus faith in the death, burial, resurrection is primary to be saved to the Kingdom of God.

Everything else is subjective. If someone doesn’t approve of your teaching that is okay, and love should be paramount over what someone may think that you are wrong about. (My belief sees Jesus already returning, but that doesn’t mean I hate my brother or sister who disagrees, I reject that people will be eternally punished forever and ever and ever as some people see it, does that mean I hate my brother or sister who believes that is a reality? No: love is paramount )

As we are all human beings and the question may pertain to something you might not have looked at in a long time and simply do not have an answer for it.

The Holy Spirit does help in remembering, even so sometimes even history is needed to understand something even said to that of pertaining to the Revelation itself in the Bible.

Teaching is something I enjoy to do. I like to write down going through a chapter, and go verse by verse. It helps remember what the word of God had said and it is healthy spiritually to grow in Christ, and have love for God and others.

And try to get as much information as possible even associating looking at words in the Greek because the Greek expands more on any given word that you can even add more in while teaching another person.

All people should be allowed to their freedom, and opinion, because all are each responsible for themselves when they leave this life alone in death to go be judged on that day.

The Bible is there and one can pick it up, question, ponder and look at it at their own free will. If one desires to teach it. Would make sure they aren’t teaching you to hate other people.

Thank you for reading,
With love in Christ to all believers in the faith,
Matthew G.

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me teachers should be willingly to share their beliefs, fully and in accordance to the word of God.

Now I full agree that people should be willingly to share their beliefs, fully in accordance with the word of God.

Yet when I write "Word of God" I mean Jesus Christ!!!

His sheep hear His voice - so He is the Word of God!!! Jn 10: 14 - Jn 10:16

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,

Now I understand that we also like to call the Scriptures "The Word of God" because those people who wrote the Scriptures heard from God - but do we not understand that they heard from the Son, whose name is called the Word of God because the words of God belong to Him? So basically we are saying the Word of God spoke to people who heard from Him and they wrote it down so we also call those people's writings "The Word of God". Yet what did Jesus say to the Jews during His time in the flesh on earth?

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

There were people then who were searching the Scriptures (as the Word of God) instead of coming to Jesus Christ and listening to His words from His Holy Spirit speaking to their spirit. It happened then and happens now. So is the Word of God we preach the Scriptures, or is it the words with get from His Holy Spirit speaking His words to our spirit?

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

My friends - we are not saying in our hearts that that Jesus is dead or perhaps in some far off unreachable place so that we only have the Scriptures to read are we?

Roman 10: 6-8 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

The reason that Jesus Christ can be and is our Teacher is that HE, as the Great I AM, is always with us so that we (His sheep) do in fact hear His voice!!!!

The Bible - as you can see from the verses I quoted above - explain that we can and need to hear from our Teacher!! That does not mean He won't use others to teach, but if you do not know Him personally and practice hearing from Him personally you are not qualified to teach!!

Heb 5: 11-14 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though [fn]by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

I should not have to write so much to explain this!! But if we His people do not practice listening to Him so as to become dull of hearing (with our spiritual ears) then it is really hard to just get across the basic "milk of the gospel' which is simply that Jesus Christ is always with you so that you can seek Him by faith and hear what His Holy Spirit has to say to you. Of course the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit. There is both Good and Evil, yet to get good at discerning good and evil you need to have been practicing hearing with your spiritual ears!!!

My friends, if you don't know and have not been told that Jesus Christ is standing there talking to you and just hoping you will open up to Him so that you to can talk, you then don't even know the basic milk of the gospel!! You in fact don't even know that He is the Teacher, if you don't actually spend time seeking Him and listening to what He says!!!

Jn 5: 46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Moses and the others who wrote the Scriptures were all trying to tell you about being able to hear from the Great I Am!! But if you don't believe their writings how then are you actually going to seek Jesus Christ and His words which come via His Holy Spirit to our spirit!! You will wind up searching the Scriptures and thinking that in them you have eternal life instead of coming to Him. Yet He is there for you personally. He wants to and does talk to you, but who will open up to Him and listen to The Teacher (Jesus Christ)?

The Good News my freinds is:

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

He word has always been near you - and those like Moses explained it to God's people!

Deut 30:14 “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

How many Bibles do you think they had at that time? Yet the word was very near them then - and was found in their mouth and in their hearts!! It's the same today only better. Because the perfect sacrifices was made for our sins, so we can boldly come before the throne of the King of kings (Jesus Christ) and learn from Him. - if you care to believe that!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like it: a bit of understanding!

Of course He - The Teacher - is going to teach out of the Text book/ the Bible. He of course is not limited to just teaching out of the text book. In the Bible did Jesus only use Scriptures to teach His disciple? No - He used lots of things to get across His messages, including the Scriptures - and He/God is the same today as then. So YES - He still uses things like parables and sayings to get us to think! It is not just memorizing the Scriptures but an understanding of things that He is getting at!

So parables we should have, if we are being taught by Him. I love His parables and saying. He has given me so many. Most I didn't actually get around to writing down and they are forget by me. Yet many I did write down.

THE COIN COLLECTOR:

There once was a newly minted coin that shined and sparkled. What a wonderful looking coin he thought he was. How could any coin be more desirable than him?

Yet one day a man walked into the coin collectors shop and looked at the coins. “Many collectors do want newly minted coins”, thought the coin. “Surely He wants me”, the coin said to himself. But the man looked over the newly minted coin and took an old coin that hardly shined at all, to put into His collection.

It made no sense to the newly minted coin, but the rare find is not always the coin that’s hot off the press, but rather the rare and unique coin. The new coins, though they shine, are usually for everyday use. The thing of value is not often the one just out of the shell or hot off the press, but rather the coin that is often lost then found and pulled out from among the things of this world.

So there are those that shine on the outside but are not unique or peculiar. The shine on the inside may come through an old face of a truly valuable coin. And that is what the truly great coin collector looks for.

It is interesting how personal the Lord is. Of course desires that all should come to Him. Yet I was just over 40 when He really picked me up. He had tried to pick me up when I was just ten, but I was lost then found later in life. So the above parable He gave me had extra meaning to me. So it is that He gave parables to His disciple in the Bible and He has not changed. He is still the same!

Luke 15:8,9 “Or what woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? “When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost!'

So are we being taught of God? Are we listening to our Teacher?
Hi @Karl Peters A phrase often used in the past about the way we should regards the Scriptures is to "mark, read and inwardly digest" them... :)

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Karl Peters A phrase often used in the past about the way we should regards the Scriptures is to "mark, read and inwardly digest" them... :)

We use all sorts of phrases in every time! Basically they are writings that people who knew the Lord wrote, even at His command, and He has preserved to this day for our benefit. So if a person can read and they have access to them they should read/study them. It we want to say we should "mark, read, and inwardly digest them" fine! That just means we should read and study them - doesn't it. The point is that the Lord had them written and preserved for a reason, so we so listen to Him and talk to Him about them. The first words I ever heard from the Lord were "Read Your Bible". That is not surprising, but for 20 plus years now since then I have been talking with Him daily, and He has of course had a whole lot more to talk to me on than just the Scriptures!!!!!!!!!!

Things like:

WE DON’T HAVE UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE WE DON’T READ THE BIBLE WITH UNDERSTANDING, BUT OUR UNDERSTANDING…. UNDERSTAND???

THE SCRIPTURES ARE RIGHT, BUT THEY ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS. THEY HAVE NO ABILITY TO ACT. THEY ARE NOT ALIVE, BUT THE WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE.

WE DON’T USE THE LORD TO PREACH THE SCRIPTURES; WE USE THE SCRIPTURES TO PREACH THE LORD!!

I MADE THE MOUNTAIN AND THE MOUNTAIN IS GOOD, BUT WOE TO THOSE WHO WORSHIP THE MOUNTAIN. WOE TO THOSE WHO WORSHIP THE CREATED AND NOT THE CREATOR.

I AM THE WORD OF GOD! THAT IS WHAT THEY CALL ME. FOR WHAT PROPHET EVER SAID ‘THE WORD OF THE LORD CAME TO ME SAYING’ AND DIDN’T MEAN THAT I CAME CLOSE? SHOULD I SHARE MY NAME WITH MY CREATION?

It all means that it is not the reading and studying the Scriptures which give us understanding but rather talking back and forth with the Teacher which does that!! Of course that should be clear if we actually did read and study the Bible!

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Note - It does not read that from His Book but rather from His mouth come knowledge and understanding!! Yet too many people pick up the Bible and study it but they don't actually seek the Teacher (Jesus Christ) to find out what He has to say to them!! So they don't wind up reading the Bible with Understanding (did we not read the Bible and notice that Understanding is one of the Lord's names) but our understanding. That is they lean on their own understanding instead of His. Then they think the Scriptures are righteous as in are alive and active instead of just being right because they are not alive but just writings. Then they wind up preaching the Scriptures instead of using the Scriptures to preach the Lord Jesus Christ. Then they wind up calling the Scriptures the Word of God instead of Jesus Christ because they never seeking Him for the words God has to say to them.

They are just like the Jews whom Jesus told (as is recorded in the Scriptures) “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. (Jn 5:39,40)

So my friend - what is going to happen to those people who are searching the Scripture and thinking that is going to give them eternal life as opposed to seeking Jesus Christ????

They will burn in Hell - according to what is written in the very Scriptures they are putting their faith in!!

I don't want that to happen to them!! So I write an point that out to them!! Yet I would not write much to them except my Lord Jesus Christ tell me to write to them!! You see, I don't love them nearly as much as He does. So He regularly tells me to write on this subject. Indeed, He has made it a thing for me to do! He wants people to seek Him and come to HIm so that they might have life eternal!!

He really really does not want anyone to perish!!! So much so that He came in the flesh, and talked to people. So much so that He has had people talking to other people and writing on this subject for a long long time. That is exactly what Moses was trying to explain to the people. That is exactly what Isaiah was trying to tell the people. That is exactly what Jeremiah and Ezekiel were trying to tell the people. That is exactly what John and Paul were trying to tell the people - that they need to seek the Lord Jesus Christ and his words!! They are not found in the Bible according to the Bible but the word of God we preach is near them - and so found in their hearts and often in their mouths - simply because His Holy Spirit brings His words to our spirit!! So His words are spirit from the Holy Spirit and those are the words of God which give us life!!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

So my friend - what word has the Lord told you via His Holy Spirit?

They come from that 'small voice of the Lord'

Another thing He once told we was:

THE LIE IS “GOD DOESN’T TALK TO YOU!!!!” REMEMBER WHAT THE DEVIL SAID “DID GOD REALLY TELL YOU?” THAT IS THE LIE! THAT IS THE LIE BEING USED TODAY!

The Holy Spirit is not the only spirit about! That liar has been trying to get people to doubt that the Lord will talk to them from the time of Adam and Eve!

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?”

So in our comments are we trying to promote that God left us or is with us? Consider this carefully!! What was written?

"A phrase often used in the past about the way we should regards the Scriptures is to "mark, read and inwardly digest" them."

Is that using the Scriptures to preach the Lord Jesus Christ or is it using what the Lord gave us to preach the Scriptures???

Or put another way - Are we trying to glorify the Lord or the Scriptures??? If the Scriptures then who are want is our god?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
"A phrase often used in the past about the way we should regards the Scriptures is to "mark, read and inwardly digest" them."

Is that using the Scriptures to preach the Lord Jesus Christ or is it using what the Lord gave us to preach the Scriptures???

Or put another way - Are we trying to glorify the Lord or the Scriptures??? If the Scriptures then who are want is our god?

Neither. This is describing a technique for reading the Scriptures and extracting insights. Just like any tool there are skills.
Some people mark the margins, to record their insights.
I don't do any of that, Once I digested the whole thing. Now I just search for whatever comes to mind and then read the context until I am sated.

Reactions: Cassandra

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A line comes to mind. I look it up and it's what He is saying to me.
Sometimes, I flip open to what I need, though never consciously.
Trying not to think too much about how He leads, I follow.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we take a class at school do we read whatever chapters come to mind or do we read the chapters the teacher says???

If we know Jesus Christ like we say we do, how is it we don't find out from Him what and How He wants us to read and study the Scriptures?

In the OP I put down something the Lord told me:

He tells me lots of things. We talk - back and forth we talk!

This morning I ask Him if He might want to talk a walk with me?
He responded, "Could you post on the Christian forum instead?"

Ok - instead of going for a walk before work I came to the forum.

Now it had come to my mind to take a walk and ask Him to walk with me (meaning to talk with me while I was walking). It had come to His mind to have me respond and post on this Christian forum. People - are we going to listen to Him or not???

It is not about just doing what comes to mind it is about listening to Him, talking to Him, having conversations with Him, and about knowing Him!! It is about a personal relationship with with the living and active Word of God, Jesus Christ!!!

Yes, He brings things to mind - which is to say that His Holy Spirit speaks to our spirit - but have we not read that His thoughts are not our thoughts??

We have thoughts, but they are not His thoughts!! So we need to actually seek Him, and listen to what He has to say!!

So it was this morning that I sought Him and asked Him if He would like to take a walk with me. Yet He wanted me to post and explain this very simple thing - which is that if He is going to be our Teacher we have to actually listen to Him and quit leaning on our own understanding!!!

We need to actually talk to Him!!

If you are not sure how, it's simple. Do what I did. Say to Him (via your spirit inside you) "Jesus Christ would you like to go for a walk with me?" Then listen to what comes back to you from His Holy Spirit to your spirit. Because my friends you are not His pupil, not His student, not His disciple unless you are listening to Him!!!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yes, He brings things to mind - which is to say that His Holy Spirit speaks to our spirit - but have we not read that His thoughts are not our thoughts??

Is this not speaking with him? When we pray and seek his will on a matter. Then he provides an answer by his Spirit?

His thoughts are not our thoughts and ways are not our ways. But that is not how it should be. How can ambassadors speak for a sovereign without knowing anything about their own king and country?

We know in part, and I'm convinced in this life if we know nothing but Jesus, the rest will be added in God's timing. Because time is short and we must come to know Jesus while it is still day time.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 2:24-25
Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He has given me a lot of lessons - teaching me from nature or even from dreams as well as through other people and of course my bible. I just hope I have learned the lessons well.

I have found though, that it's a bit like school; you learn something at grade one level and have to keep learning the same lesson at different levels as you grow in maturity.

Reactions: lforrest

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He has given me a lot of lessons - teaching me from nature or even from dreams as well as through other people and of course my bible. I just hope I have learned the lessons well.

I have found though, that it's a bit like school; you learn something at grade one level and have to keep learning the same lesson at different levels as you grow in maturity.
@Pearl I love how 2 Peter 3.18 shows that the believer continues to "grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ".

Reactions: Pearl

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this not speaking with him? When we pray and seek his will on a matter. Then he provides an answer by his Spirit?

His thoughts are not our thoughts and ways are not our ways. But that is not how it should be. How can ambassadors speak for a sovereign without knowing anything about their own king and country?

We know in part, and I'm convinced in this life if we know nothing but Jesus, the rest will be added in God's timing. Because time is short and we must come to know Jesus while it is still day time.

Yes - praying (which is simply seeking Him and asking Him) about a matter and then listening to the answer by his Spirit is "speaking with Him"!!

As for the comment about "it should be" that our thoughts and ways are like His - well just forget that unless we are simply talking about doing what the Father tells us.

The simple fact is that He is God and we are just people!! It is say that an ant should be able to think like a person!! An ant might be able to build a house in the dirt but that house does not look like your house. Well, maybe the ant can build it's house in your house, like a termite, but it still does look the same because an ant is not a person anymore that a person is not God!!

It is enough that you believe in God the Son (Jesus Christ) so that you listen to Him! Yet honestly, if anyone has spent much time actually listening to Him have they not become clearly aware that His thoughts are not your thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth so His thoughts are above our thoughts!!!!

The fact is that God made every thing, and our best scientist can't figure out how, so they keep pursuing more knowledge.

What gets me is that even when I talk to the angels the Lord sends to minister to me, they would never assume to think that their thoughts are His thoughts or can be His thoughts. Thought they are soo much smarter than me and thought the angels that serve Him have been around sooo much longer than I, and though they reside in the kingdom of God, that still don't consider it possible to understand the depths of God!!!

Here is what you can do though. You can listen to the Lord!!! You can get instructions from Him. You can learn things from Him - just don't start thinking that you are going to be able to think like Him. And I tell you, the longer you are around Him the more you will understand that your thoughts are not ever going to be His thoughts. Because of that you will turn back to Him and listen to Him more and more, simply because He is God and as such is smarter than you.

So about the following quote:
How can ambassadors speak for a sovereign without knowing anything about their own king and country?

The ambassador can simply relay the message, which is the ambassadors job!

Yeah, the ambassador might know something about the King and indeed to have gotten a message from the King the ambassador would have to know the King to some extent. Yet many claim to be an ambassador of the King without knowing Him and none who know the King, as mentioned, know the depths of God! So the ambassador need simply to do his job the best he can, the rest is irrelevant.

So as for knowing in part - that is for sure. And just an extremely small part at that.

As for being convinced "convinced in this life if we know nothing but Jesus" - It's a nice saying but that is not the truth. It might be a nice objective, and should be, but we don't do and say only what the Father tells us!! If we simply believe in Jesus Christ we will talk with Him. We will get more understanding. We will come to understand that it is not about our understanding and wisdom, but His

King Solomon was said to be the wisest man, and he was that because He spent a lot of time listening to the voice of the Lord. He wrote Proverbs then later wrote Ecclesiastes.

Ecc 7:16 Do not be excessively righteous and do not be overly wise. Why should you ruin yourself?

My friends - credit God with being God, so that you listen to Him, but credit yourself with being a person so that you don't think higher of yourself that you should. That way you will seek God because you need to seek Him at times, don't you?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yes - praying (which is simply seeking Him and asking Him) about a matter and then listening to the answer by his Spirit is "speaking with Him"!!

As for the comment about "it should be" that our thoughts and ways are like His - well just forget that unless we are simply talking about doing what the Father tells us.

The simple fact is that He is God and we are just people!! It is say that an ant should be able to think like a person!! An ant might be able to build a house in the dirt but that house does not look like your house. Well, maybe the ant can build it's house in your house, like a termite, but it still does look the same because an ant is not a person anymore that a person is not God!!

It is enough that you believe in God the Son (Jesus Christ) so that you listen to Him! Yet honestly, if anyone has spent much time actually listening to Him have they not become clearly aware that His thoughts are not your thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth so His thoughts are above our thoughts!!!!

The fact is that God made every thing, and our best scientist can't figure out how, so they keep pursuing more knowledge.

What gets me is that even when I talk to the angels the Lord sends to minister to me, they would never assume to think that their thoughts are His thoughts or can be His thoughts. Thought they are soo much smarter than me and thought the angels that serve Him have been around sooo much longer than I, and though they reside in the kingdom of God, that still don't consider it possible to understand the depths of God!!!

Here is what you can do though. You can listen to the Lord!!! You can get instructions from Him. You can learn things from Him - just don't start thinking that you are going to be able to think like Him. And I tell you, the longer you are around Him the more you will understand that your thoughts are not ever going to be His thoughts. Because of that you will turn back to Him and listen to Him more and more, simply because He is God and as such is smarter than you.

So about the following quote:

The ambassador can simply relay the message, which is the ambassadors job!

Yeah, the ambassador might know something about the King and indeed to have gotten a message from the King the ambassador would have to know the King to some extent. Yet many claim to be an ambassador of the King without knowing Him and none who know the King, as mentioned, know the depths of God! So the ambassador need simply to do his job the best he can, the rest is irrelevant.

So as for knowing in part - that is for sure. And just an extremely small part at that.

As for being convinced "convinced in this life if we know nothing but Jesus" - It's a nice saying but that is not the truth. It might be a nice objective, and should be, but we don't do and say only what the Father tells us!! If we simply believe in Jesus Christ we will talk with Him. We will get more understanding. We will come to understand that it is not about our understanding and wisdom, but His

King Solomon was said to be the wisest man, and he was that because He spent a lot of time listening to the voice of the Lord. He wrote Proverbs then later wrote Ecclesiastes.

Ecc 7:16 Do not be excessively righteous and do not be overly wise. Why should you ruin yourself?

My friends - credit God with being God, so that you listen to Him, but credit yourself with being a person so that you don't think higher of yourself that you should. That way you will seek God because you need to seek Him at times, don't you?
I think we are starting to reach an accord.

I still expect men representing the kingdom to have a certain autonomy. That is what delegated authority is for.