• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no literal physical third temple that will be built.
The third temple doctrine comes from 2 Thessalonians 2:4.
"Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so
that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God."

It indeed is speaking of the man of sin, the false messiah, the Antichrist.
But it is not speaking of a literal temple.

Here is commentary from Ellicott on 2 Thessalonians 2:4.
"Though the image is drawn from the Jewish temple, we may say with some confidence that
St. Paul did not expect the Antichrist as a prose fact to take his seat in that edifice.
Neither is the metaphor to be pressed into a mere synonym of "the Church" (1Corinthians 3:17).
The words, so far need not necessarily mean that the Man of Sin will make special
claims upon the Christian community as such. Rather, the whole phrase, "taking his seat in the
temple of God," is a poetical or prophetical description of usurping divine prerogatives
generally: not the prerogatives of the true God alone, but whatever prerogatives have been offered
to anything "called God." Though the prophecy might be fulfilled without any symbolical
act (e.g., of assuming any material throne), yet the spontaneousness ("himself") and the openness
("showing himself") seem so essentially parts of the prophecy as of necessity to imply that the
Man of Sin will make formal claim to occupy that central seat in men's minds and aspirations
which is acknowledged to be due to God alone. The formal making of this claim seems to be identical
with the apocalypse of the Man of Sin, the act by which he is manifested or revealed."

So what does this mean in layman's terms? It means that Antichrist is going to be revealed in
a very grandiose way, as the Lord Jesus Christ will when He comes in the clouds and every eye will see Him.
So shall the Antichrist come, everyone will see him and know of him. All those that are not the true elect
of God will be deceived by the false messiah, the Antichrist into believing that he really is the messiah, that
he really is God. In their minds, which is what the temple of God in this scripture is referring to,
the minds of men and women, in their minds the Antichrist will actually be God to them.

So there is no end time 7 year tribulation period, and there is no literal physical third temple.
What are we looking for? Were looking for the revealing of the false messiah, the Antichrist.
He will deceive many into believing that he is the messiah, that he is God.
God's true elect, those that strictly obey His word, His commandments, His will in this life, that
have made a sacrifice of their lives to devote it to God, to live for God and not themselves, these Christians
will be martyred for their faith. Very few will survive to the end of the world when the Lord returns to
be caught up in the rapture.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no literal physical third temple that will be built. ...
AGREED!

... So there is no end time 7 year tribulation period ...
Agreed, but there is a 42 month tribulation duration, and by my best understanding of Bible Prophecy, we're some 24 months into -- with some 18 months to go*.

* And yes, Scripture supports the timeline, -- given the J.R. Church "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms" premise.
... Very few will survive to the end of the world when the Lord returns to be caught up in the rapture. ...
You appear to suggest a "Post-Trib" event, -- which is 1,000 years Post-Trib, when the (Rev. 20) dead are raised and those who remain shall be caught up to be with the LORD forever in the air in the New Jerusalem.

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Belief in the Commentators is sadly misplaced. Jesus tells us why in Matthew 11:25

There will be an ew Temple in the end times. Why not? God wanted one before and He tells us thru His prophets, there will be another.

The time of fulfilment:
Tobit, an Israelite living in Nineveh from the tribe of Naphtali, writing circa 550BC – after both the ten Northern tribes of Israel and Judah were taken into exile.

Tobit 14:4 God’s Word will come true, everything spoken against Nineveh by Nahum the prophet has happened. All of His Word spoken by the prophets of Israel will happen in their due time. Not a Word will fall short. I know, I am convinced that every prophecy will be fulfilled. Our countrymen [all the Israelites] are scattered and in exile out of their good Land. The whole of the Israel territory will be laid waste and for a time the House of God will be in mourning, burnt and destroyed.

Tobit 14:5 Our God will have mercy on them [Judah] again and bring them back to the Land of Israel. They will rebuild the House of God, yet not as it was at first, not until the time of fulfilment comes. Then ALL the Israelites will return from exile and rebuild Jerusalem in splendour, then indeed, the Temple will be built there, as the prophets have foretold.

The Jewish remnant under Nehemiah, built the Second Temple, but not as great as Solomon’s Temple. When the ‘time of fulfilment comes’, then ‘all the Israelites’, that is: every faithful Christian, will build the Third temple in splendour.’ Zechariah 1:16-17 This must happen before the return of Jesus, as 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 Let no one deceive you, that Day cannot come until the Adversary enthrones himself in God’s Temple. Rev 11:1

Tobit 14:6-7 At the time of the end, people will renounce their idols, which led them astray, into error. In true worship of God, they will praise him in righteousness. All the Israelites who survive at that time and are firm in their loyalty to Y’hovah, will be brought together, they will come to Jerusalem to take possession of the Land of Abraham and they will live there, in peace and security, forever. Those who love God in sincerity will rejoice and sinners and wrongdoers will fade away.

’People will renounce their idols”- The dramatic event that will cause this change, will be the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, the next prophesied event to take place on earth. It will be a terrible fire judgement, in the form of coronal mass ejection. Isaiah 30:26, Isaiah 66:15-17

Israelites who survive, will be brought together, to take possession of the Land.’’ This is the Second Exodus, the Lord’s Christian people will gather and live in all that area promised to Abraham. They will build a great Temple and will rebuild and develop all of the new country of Beulah, in wealth and prosperity. Ezekiel 39:25-29, Zechariah 8:12

Haggai 2:6-9 The Lord says: In a little while, I shall shake the heavens and the earth, I shall shake all the nations and their treasure will come here. Mine is the silver and the gold and the splendour of the latter House will surpass that of the former. In this land, I will grant prosperity and peace. Amos 9:13-15

Zechariah 8:9 Take heart, all you who now hear that the temple will be rebuilt as the prophets foretold. Zechariah 6:15

Tobit 14:8-9 My children, I give you this instruction: serve the Lord in truth and do what is pleasing to Him. Teach your children to do what is right and give alms. Be mindful of your God and praise Him in sincerity.
Ref: REB and Apocrypha. Some verses abridged.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will be an new Temple in the end times. Why not? God wanted one before and He tells us thru His prophets, there will be another. ...

... and it appears that WE are it:

1 Cor. 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Bobby Jo

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so

But it is not speaking of a literal temple..
The AntiChrist invades Israel.

Da 11:45 - And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

The forerunner of this wicked king was also in that area and he defiled the temple and holy place.

We also see that this evil king will take away the daily sacrifice. That is pinpointing where the abomination of desolation will be placed.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
We also see that it is the people in that very area that are told to flee to the mountains when they see this thing placed!

Then we see that the abomination will be placed in the holy place.
Mt 24:15 - When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Reactions: prism

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The forerunner of this wicked king was also in that area and he defiled the temple and holy place.

We also see that this evil king will take away the daily sacrifice. That is pinpointing where the abomination of desolation will be placed.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

But you don't know who this verse 31 is talking about, -- and this isn't from the same region as the verse 45 account.

Hint: The verse 31 event was in 1986.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
... and it appears that WE are it:

1 Cor. 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Bobby Jo
But you don't know who this verse 31 is talking about, -- and this isn't from the same region as the verse 45 account.

Hint: The verse 31 event was in 1986.

Bobby Jo
1986 eh? How deep.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So says the guy who has just come on board and would appear to be wiser than Daniel (or should we say Solomon?).

You might want to back off and do a serious study of Bible prophecy before making such categorical statements. But some people will never learn. Everything in your OP is FALSE.

So for those who prefer Scripture to these misleading statements, here is what we need to keep in mind.

THE ANTICHRIST WILL SIT IN A FUTURE TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM -- 2 THESSALONIANS 2

1. THE RAPTURE WILL PRECEDE THE ANTICHRIST

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him,

2. THE DAY OF THE LORD COMES AFTER THE ANTICHRIST
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. [Note: "the day of Christ" should be "the day of the LORD", which is the Great Tribulation]

3. THERE MUST BE A GREAT APOSTASY FIRST
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first...

4. THE MAN OF SIN, THE SON OF PERDITION, IS THE ANTICHRIST
...and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

5. THE ANTICHRIST WILL SIT IN THE TEMPLE AT JERUSALEM
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
[Note: As an apostle and prophet, Paul would have anticipated the destruction of the existing temple. Yet he speaks of a future temple -- the third temple -- which will be desecrated by the Antichrist and will trigger the Great Tribulation. Jesus spoke of this in the Olivet Discourse. Orthodox Jews in Israel are presently making plans for this third temple in Jerusalem]

6. PAUL HAD BEEN TEACHING THIS IN THE PAST
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

7. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS RESTRAINING THE ANTICHRIST'S APPEARANCE
6 And now ye know what withholdeth [restrains] that he might be revealed in his time.

8. THE HOLY SPIRIT MUST BE TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY BEFORE THE ANTICHRIST APPEARS
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only He who now letteth will let [restrains will restrain], until He be taken out of the way. [Note: this will be at the same time as the Rapture]

9. CHRIST WILL DESTROY THIS WICKED ANTICHRIST AT HIS SECOND COMING
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

10. SATAN EMPOWERS AND ENERGIZES THE ANTICHRIST
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

11. SATANIC MIRACLES WILL DECEIVE THE WORLD AT THAT TIME
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

12. GOD WILL SEND STRONG DELUSION ON THOSE WHO HATE THE TRUTH
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

13. THOSE WHO SUBMIT TO THE ANTICHRIST WILL BE DAMNED
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Everything in your OP is FALSE. ...

This from a guy whose Post is:

#1 -- FALSE
#2 -- Pretty obvious. Jesus probably will not precede the a/c
#3 -- "First" between which events?!? Before the a/c? -- NO
#4. -- Yeah, the a/c is the BAD GUY. Duh.
#5. -- Not in THE TEMPLE, but certainly his "temple", which we call a BUILDING.
#6. -- So vague it's worthless.
#7. -- Certainly the Holy Spirit is restraining satan, but not necessarily the a/c's appearance.
#8. -- Better interpreted as being withheld.
#9. -- Again so OBVIOUS as to not count.
#10. -- Another OBVIOUS statement.
#11. -- Yet another OBVIOUS statement.
#12. -- " " " " " " " "
#13. -- " " " " " " " "

Looks like you're 0 for 13 on any useful information, and you criticize others. And who numbered your list for you?!?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shallowness is not believing your claim Daniel was referring to (some random year you insert for no apparent reason). Got it.

You know nothing about Dan. 11:31, (or any other verses in the 11th Chapter, with the exception of the OBVIOUS verse 45), but act as though you know EVERYTHING.

Perhaps you can explain the 11:2 sequence of "three more ... and a fourth".

Silly People,
Bobby Jo

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth of scripture speaks for itself. Those that care to look at what God's word actually says will see the truth.

@Bobby Jo You are my hero today. Please keep preaching and defending that which is right and true. I dont have the energy for refuting/rebuking tonight, next 2 days I have off though!

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth of scripture speaks for itself. Those that care to look at what God's word actually says will see the truth.

@Bobby Jo You are my hero today. Please keep preaching and defending that which is right and true. I dont have the energy for refuting/rebuking tonight, next 2 days I have off though!

Hey BC,

Yeah, right back at ya!

I'm on my own path to Lke 22:36 where I just finished "blocking", splitting, and stacking some 8 cords of firewood (making 10 in my 11 cord wood shed) to prepare for when we need it. And I think it'll be in about a year from now, but I've also got a TON of other preparations to make. So I'm at home for a couple of days, and then back to the cabin for several more. -- And we work while it's still light.

Be Blessed!
Bobby Jo

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know nothing about Dan. 11:31, (or any other verses in the 11th Chapter, with the exception of the OBVIOUS verse 45), but act as though you know EVERYTHING.

Perhaps you can explain the 11:2 sequence of "three more ... and a fourth".

Silly People,
Bobby Jo
The part about the end times is nowhere near there. Try to focus, rather than pretend you have a clue.

Reactions: prism

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will be an ew Temple in the end times. Why not? God wanted one before and He tells us thru His prophets, there will be another.

end times, “the end” comes where there is much dispute of what is the third temple He tells us through the prophet? (on the third day I will raise it up)Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

New Jerusalem which is above and free ...a city prepared ...her adornments are Gods adornments and not man’s. How does a temple made or rebuilt of men put on the New Man”? As Paul said if “this temple” that is to say this body is dissolved, we Know we have a more sure house kept of God above. how does a temple rebuilt become e a looking toward a cold structure for religious sacrifice which cannot be clothed with “the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, the pearl of great price?
1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
how can a temple be rebuilt to endure to the end, being clothed with Honour from above? how can a third temple make herself ready? Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
how can a New City be tried with fire and be found unto the praise and Honour and glory at the appearing of Christ? how can a third temple rebuilt put on Faith being More precious than gold which perishes. 1 Peter 1:7

how can a Third temple be rebuilt (restored)for the end, to endure to the end? Isaiah 58:11-12 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. (John 4:14) And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations (James 5:15) of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

“they that shall be of thee” shall “build the old waste places” Isaiah 61:3-4 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. (John 15:8) [4] And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations,(the former things) and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

1 Corinthians 3:9-11 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. [10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. [11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up (restored)a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But it is not speaking of a literal temple.

"Though the image is drawn from the Jewish temple, we may say with some confidence that
St. Paul did not expect the Antichrist as a prose fact to take his seat in that edifice.
Neither is the metaphor to be pressed into a mere synonym of "the Church" (1Corinthians 3:17).
The words, so far need not necessarily mean that the Man of Sin will make special
claims upon the Christian community as such. Rather, the whole phrase, "taking his seat in the
temple of God," is a poetical or prophetical description of usurping divine prerogatives
generally: not the prerogatives of the true God alone, but whatever prerogatives have been offered
to anything "called God." Though the prophecy might be fulfilled without any symbolical
act (e.g., of assuming any material throne), yet the spontaneousness ("himself") and the openness
("showing himself") seem so essentially parts of the prophecy as of necessity to imply that the
Man of Sin will make formal claim to occupy that central seat in men's minds and aspirations
which is acknowledged to be due to God alone. The formal making of this claim seems to be identical
with the apocalypse of the Man of Sin, the act by which he is manifested or revealed."

So what does this mean in layman's terms? It means that Antichrist is going to be revealed in
a very grandiose way, as the Lord Jesus Christ will when He comes in the clouds and every eye will see Him.
So shall the Antichrist come, everyone will see him and know of him. All those that are not the true elect
of God will be deceived by the false messiah, the Antichrist into believing that he really is the messiah, that
he really is God. In their minds, which is what the temple of God in this scripture is referring to,
the minds of men and women, in their minds the Antichrist will actually be God to them.

So there is no end time 7 year tribulation period, and there is no literal physical third temple.
What are we looking for? Were looking for the revealing of the false messiah, the Antichrist.
He will deceive many into believing that he is the messiah, that he is God.
God's true elect, those that strictly obey His word, His commandments, His will in this life, that
have made a sacrifice of their lives to devote it to God, to live for God and not themselves, these Christians
will be martyred for their faith. Very few will survive to the end of the world when the Lord returns to
be caught up in the rapture.
Tell that to the Jews, they seem to contradict what you are saying.
Update on the Building of the Third Temple | Jewish Voice Ministries International
The last step in preparations to rebuild a Temple in Jerusalem is to train Jews to visit the Temple Mount
Will the Temple be Rebuilt? - Watchman Radio Hour with Alex Dodson
'The Temple Mount Is in Our Hands!' Hope Reborn for the Third Temple
Moving Towards a Third Temple