The thousand year binding ends before the thousand year reigning.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation chapter 20 shows that binding of satan ends before the thousand year reigning of Jesus and the saints.

Satan’s binding starts in Revelation chapter 20:2
2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

Satan’s 1000 year binding ends in verse 7.
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison

The 1000 year reign starts in verse 4
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years

The 1000 year reign ends in verse 12
. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

We know that the reign ends in verse 12 because verse 5 tells us
5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. They come back to life in verse 12 as shown above.

These are not the same timelines they don’t match up. Satan is released from his binding when he deceives the nations and makes his last attempt to wipe out the church right before he is cast into hell.

The reign ends on the judgment day when the rest of the dead comes back to life (see verse 5 above) which is after satan is cast into the lake of fire. We clearly see here that the reigning isn’t because of the binding of satan because they are not the same timelines.

Thus Jesus doesn’t reign because satan is bound Jesus reigns because he is God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nope, it ended when the thousand years ended.

That’s all you can say for a reply? Just a comment but no info to why you think that?

First you need to state which thousand years the binding or the reigning?

Then if you reread the OP you will see that I wrote what the scripture actually says.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marty,,YOU SLICE AND DICE THE WORD OF GOD ACCORDING TO YOUR THOUGHTS NOT HIS.

Herein is the slicer & dicer, BUT not of the WORD. Do you study in context or here a verse there a verse, for how you do so without the Spirit leading you, it will be required at your judgment.

Ever read Hebrews4: 10-13 ? ( Cxt )
For he that is entered into his rest,he also hath ceased from his own works,as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall into unbelief.
For the word of God is quick and powerful,and sharper than any twoedged SWORD, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,and IS A DISCERNER OF THE THOUGHTS and THE INTENTS OF THE HEART.
Neither is there NOT any creature THAT IS NOT MANIFEST IN HIS SIGHT: but ALL THINGS are naked and opened unto the eyes of HIM with whom we have to do.

God doesn't NEED our help, we need his !
Rms.14:10-13 ( cxt )

Rev,22:16-19 ( cxt )
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root of David, and the bright and morning star.
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. AND WHOSOEVER WILL, LET HIM TAKE THE WATER IF LIFE FREELY.
For I testify EVERY MAN THAT HEARETH the words of the prophecy of this book,IF ANY SHALL ADD UNTO THESE THINGS, God shall add unto him the plaques that are written in this book:
And if ANY MAN SHALL TAKE AWAY from the words of the book of this phrophecy ,God shall TAKE AWAY HIS PART OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE, and out of the Holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Beware:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I provided the scriptures in the OP wren am I wrong?
Kindly pay close attention to what is written: And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

If Satan is bound for 1,000 years and loosed AFTER the 1,000 years, then one has to be deliberately obtuse to claim that his binding ends before the 1,000 years (which is also the period of the reign of Christ). So are you deliberately obtuse or do you just enjoy perverting the Word of God?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hello Marty,

Indeed. And the King who reigns had Satan bound, and His Church reigned with Him for 1000 years..
But the enemy has been released and the final unleashing of evil is upon us.,

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Kindly pay close attention to what is written: And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

If Satan is bound for 1,000 years and loosed AFTER the 1,000 years, then one has to be deliberately obtuse to claim that his binding ends before the 1,000 years (which is also the period of the reign of Christ). So are you deliberately obtuse or do you just enjoy perverting the Word of God?

Okay here are two questions

When did the rest of the dead come back to life as shown in verse 5?

When was satan released as shown in verse 7?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty,,YOU SLICE AND DICE THE WORD OF GOD ACCORDING TO YOUR THOUGHTS NOT HIS.

Herein is the slicer & dicer, BUT not of the WORD. Do you study in context or here a verse there a verse, for how you do so without the Spirit leading you, it will be required at your judgment.

Ever read Hebrews4: 10-13 ? ( Cxt )
For he that is entered into his rest,he also hath ceased from his own works,as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall into unbelief.
For the word of God is quick and powerful,and sharper than any twoedged SWORD, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,and IS A DISCERNER OF THE THOUGHTS and THE INTENTS OF THE HEART.
Neither is there NOT any creature THAT IS NOT MANIFEST IN HIS SIGHT: but ALL THINGS are naked and opened unto the eyes of HIM with whom we have to do.

God doesn't NEED our help, we need his !
Rms.14:10-13 ( cxt )

Rev,22:16-19 ( cxt )
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root of David, and the bright and morning star.
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. AND WHOSOEVER WILL, LET HIM TAKE THE WATER IF LIFE FREELY.
For I testify EVERY MAN THAT HEARETH the words of the prophecy of this book,IF ANY SHALL ADD UNTO THESE THINGS, God shall add unto him the plaques that are written in this book:
And if ANY MAN SHALL TAKE AWAY from the words of the book of this phrophecy ,God shall TAKE AWAY HIS PART OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE, and out of the Holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Beware:

Why do you think that I think God needs our help? I don’t think that.

I clearly provided the verses written which other people believe too.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s all you can say for a reply? Just a comment but no info to why you think that?

The text presents one period of a thousand years. Christ and his saints reign for that thousand years and satan is also imprisoned for the same period. You are misinterpreting the text into something it never says.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The text presents one period of a thousand years. Christ and his saints reign for that thousand years and satan is also imprisoned for the same period. You are misinterpreting the text into something it never says.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation chapter 20 shows that binding of satan ends before the thousand year reigning of Jesus and the saints.

Satan’s binding starts in Revelation chapter 20:2
2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

Satan’s 1000 year binding ends in verse 7.
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison

The 1000 year reign starts in verse 4
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years

The 1000 year reign ends in verse 12
. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

We know that the reign ends in verse 12 because verse 5 tells us
5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. They come back to life in verse 12 as shown above.

These are not the same timelines they don’t match up. Satan is released from his binding when he deceives the nations and makes his last attempt to wipe out the church right before he is cast into hell.

The reign ends on the judgment day when the rest of the dead comes back to life (see verse 5 above) which is after satan is cast into the lake of fire. We clearly see here that the reigning isn’t because of the binding of satan because they are not the same timelines.

Its not a literal thousand years is it. Jesus reigns because satan is now bound through the Lords life and victory.
Jesus reigns because he was victorious over satan, and accomplished the work that he came to do.....for us. We have been set free yes yes?
As a result satan is now powerless over the destiny of those under the key of death....Jesus is Lord now and reigns over everything that satan thought he had. No wonder he goes out to deceive...the liar that he is.
Jesus has all the keys now through his victory, and God has appointed him to preside over the coming final judgment...which is imminent by the way.

its a concurrent period of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and Marty fox

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The answer to both is after the thousand years ended (the Greek word teleo in both verses).

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its not a literal thousand years is it. Jesus reigns because satan is now bound through the Lords life and victory.
Jesus reigns because he was victorious over satan, and accomplished the work that he came to do.....for us. We have been set free yes yes?
As a result satan is now powerless over the destiny of those under the key of death....Jesus is Lord now and reigns over everything that satan thought he had. No wonder he goes out to deceive...the liar that he is.
Jesus has all the keys now through his victory, and God has appointed him to preside over the coming final judgment...which is imminent by the way.

its a concurrent period of time.

Exactally and yes it’s not a literal thousand years

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But verse 5 shows that it’s the resurrection day after the events with satan after he is released.

So? Satan's release is first, and the resurrection of the rest of the dead comes a little later. Nothing says they happen at the same time. You have assumed this and created a theology around it. The only requirement in the bible is that they happen after the thousand years has ended, which is true for both.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So? Satan's release is first, and the resurrection of the rest of the dead comes a little later. Nothing says they happen at the same time. You have assumed this and created a theology around it. The only requirement in the bible is that they happen after the thousand years has ended, which is true for both.

But premillennialism believes that Jesus reigns because satan is bound? That’s why most of the world turns when satan is released.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But premillennialism believes that Jesus reigns because satan is bound?

No, at the same time Jesus reigns and satan is imprisoned.

That’s why most of the world turns when satan is released.

That's in Amillennialism's bibles too but for some reason Amillennialism likes to pretend it's only in the bible's of Premillennialism.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, at the same time Jesus reigns and satan is imprisoned.

That's in Amillennialism's bibles too but for some reason Amillennialism likes to pretend it's only in the bible's of Premillennialism.

Yes that is in the bible and true that most of the world turns when satan is released but the doesn’t mean that Jesus doesn’t reign anymore.

Reactions: Philip James