The thread that has no rules...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Except of course the board rules about treating people the right way on the board... haha

But I feel kind of like we've been derailing some topics and I know that's not really kosher so I thought it would be kind of cool to start a thread where there is no topic so there's no way to derail it. That way the Spirit can kind of lead the conversation wherever it might go and the conversation can kind of go wherever it may.

So something I was just thinking about based on another topic that I think could go in a million different direction is what are personal opinions about what changed with Christ?

Do people still need to tithe?

Do we still know God through the letter?

Is there still the Levitical priesthood?

Are we still under the Law?

Did we now know God directly or did the bible just get thicker?

I'm interested in what people think changed with Christ if anything?

And the thing is no rules so feel free to derail the topic in any direction you wish... haha

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Good buddy... have a little bit of I guess what you could call writers block on this website I'm doing but it's all good... sometimes I feel like God does that to me just to remind me where my creativity comes from... haha... how about you buddy? How's things?

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
haha... so rad... as soon as I said that and gave God glory I threw away everything I had done so far and came up with something fresh that I'm stoked on... thanks Lord!!!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Robbie!

I'm glad God gave you a fresh direction for your site...awesome.. :) God is good!

My friend doesn't think so and he can give me scriptures to prove it but I have found that tithing blesses me cos it blesses others. Once it leaves my hands, someone else becomes responsible for it and they then become accountable before God on how it is spent and not me...

We learn to understand his character when we read the word and then, can determine whether something is from him or not. Romans 12:1-2

No....we follow one Priest under the new covenant - Jesus the Great High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:19-20
Who forever intercedes on our behalf to the Father. [something that the old priesthood could not do] Hebrews 7: 11- 25, 7:27-28 Hebrews 9:18-27

Those who are in Christ are under the law of the Spirit and not the letter of the law. Romans 8:1-2

We know God directly because of the Holy Spirit that dwells in believers. The word of God is revealed through inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit teaches us all things. John 14:26 1 Corinthians 2:10-12

We didn't have the ability to be clean on the inside [conscience] without Christs victory on the cross. One pure lamb, one pure sacrifice, the power of sin and death is defeated on the cross on our behalf. Hebrews 9:11-15 Revelation 1:5

Hallelujah! :lol:

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Cool thread Robbie, the kind that provokes thinking.
smile.gif

Here's my two cents.

I'm with Jesus now and I am walking with Him.

So does Jesus need to tithe?

Does Jesus know Father through the letter?

Does Jesus need the levitical priesthood ( or it's christian counterpart the clergy/laity system)?

Is Jesus under the law?

Does Jesus know Father directly?

I like what Paul said to the believers @ Colosse.

"For God in all His fullness was pleased to live in Christ, and through Him God reconciled everything to Himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ's blood on the cross. This includes you who were once far away from God. You were His enemies, separated from Him by your evil thoughts and actions. Yet now He has reconciled you to Himself through the death of Christ in His physical body. As a result, He has brought you into His own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before Him without a single fault. Colossians 1:19-22 NLT

Did Christ change anything? He changed everything in reference to how we relate to Father. Hallelujah!
smile.gif

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That's an epic point Jiggy... based on the understanding of being in Christ... perfect...

Straight gettin Jiggy wit it... haha

So good...

"I'm with Jesus now and I am walking with Him.

Does Jesus need the levitical priesthood ( or it's christian counterpart the clergy/laity system)?

Is Jesus under the law?

Does Jesus know Father directly?"

Love it...

You're a good dude disciple... keep up the righteous practice... I'm working on the same...

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

What was Christ’s income?

Christ is One with the Father.

Christ was a Levitical priest

Is Jesus under the law?

Yes, Christ was under the law.

Does Jesus know Father directly?

Joh 10:30
I and my Father are one.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Christ was a Levitical priest
no...he wasn't dear brother...The bible says :huh:

Need for a New Priesthood

[sup]11[/sup] Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? [sup]12[/sup] For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. [sup]13[/sup] For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
[sup]14[/sup] For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. [sup]15[/sup] And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest [sup]16[/sup] who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. [sup]17[/sup] For He testifies:

“ You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”[sup][[/sup]

[sup]18[/sup] For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, [sup]19[/sup] for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand,there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Greatness of the New Priest

[sup]20[/sup] And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath [sup]21[/sup] (for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him:

“ The LORD has sworn
And will not relent,

‘ You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek’”),

[sup]22[/sup] by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
[sup]23[/sup]
Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing. [sup]24[/sup] But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. [sup]25[/sup] Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
[sup]26[/sup]
For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; [sup]27[/sup] who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. [sup]28[/sup] For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.

Blessings!!!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Absolutely not. According to one study I read, Tithes, were not a requirement for everyone. On top of that, the giving was never required to be 10% for everyone and everything.

BTW, Tom, a carpenter in Egypt in 700 A.D. made the equivalent of $2.45 if that's what he was paid today. I couldn't find anything closer to Jesus day.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. I think we get to know God through the written word, as in, we have something to compare our thoughts and ideas to.
Somewhat, but, I do believe many of the Jews, Orthodox or not have made "adjustments" for modern times. That's actually quite interesting.
Absolutely not. Although some believe we are. Seems hard for some to differentiate between being moral and following a law.

Huh?

We gained more freedom. Not just from sin, but from ritual, requirements and restrictions. Circumscision, I'm sure that was huge! Although I'm certain there were a bunch who disputed and tried to force circumcision because they'd be out of a job. Might've been a little slump in the economy. It's definately cheaper not to have to sacrifice animals.

And the thing is no rules so feel free to derail the topic in any direction you wish... haha

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

no...he wasn't dear brother...The bible says :huh:

Well I’m sorry but you are incorrect, Christ was both Priest and King by genealogy. His mother was Mary; Mary’s mother was the sister of Elizabeth who was married to Zacharias. Zacharias was a Levitical priest of the course of Abia and serving in the Temple which means he had to be married to a full blooded Levite. Mary was then ½ Levite and ½ of Judah. Christ is both Levite and Judah.

Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

H4442
מלכּי־צדק
malkı̂y-tsedeq
mal-kee-tseh'-dek
From H4428 and H6664; king of right; Malki-Tsedek, an early king in Palestine: - Melchizedek.

Zec 6:12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
Zec 6:13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Heb 5:1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
Heb 5:2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
Heb 5:3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
Heb 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he (God) that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Heb 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Heb 7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
Heb 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
Heb 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Heb 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
Heb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
Heb 7:6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
Heb 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
Heb 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
Heb 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
Heb 7:10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
Heb 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Heb 7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
Heb 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Heb 7:20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
Heb 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)
Heb 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
Heb 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
Heb 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Heb 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
Heb 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

===

WK, was Christ working as a carpenter during His ministry? In fact where does Scripture say what Christ was doing after age 12?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Well I’m sorry but you are incorrect, Christ was both Priest and King by genealogy. His mother was Mary; Mary’s mother was the sister of Elizabeth who was married to Zacharias. Zacharias was a Levitical priest of the course of Abia and serving in the Temple which means he had to be married to a full blooded Levite. Mary was then ½ Levite and ½ of Judah. Christ is both Levite and Judah.

Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

H4442
מלכּי־צדק
malkı̂y-tsedeq
mal-kee-tseh'-dek
From H4428 and H6664; king of right; Malki-Tsedek, an early king in Palestine: - Melchizedek.

Zec 6:12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
Zec 6:13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Heb 5:1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
Heb 5:2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
Heb 5:3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
Heb 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he (God) that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Heb 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Heb 7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
Heb 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
Heb 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Heb 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
Heb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
Heb 7:6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
Heb 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
Heb 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
Heb 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
Heb 7:10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
Heb 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Heb 7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
Heb 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Heb 7:20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
Heb 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)
Heb 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
Heb 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
Heb 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Heb 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
Heb 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

===

WK, was Christ working as a carpenter during His ministry? In fact where does Scripture say what Christ was doing after age 12?

All priests were Levites but were all Levites priests?
Where does scripture say that Jesus the Christ was a Levitical priest?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Robbie!

I'm glad God gave you a fresh direction for your site...awesome.. :) God is good!

My friend doesn't think so and he can give me scriptures to prove it but I have found that tithing blesses me cos it blesses others. Once it leaves my hands, someone else becomes responsible for it and they then become accountable before God on how it is spent and not me...

We learn to understand his character when we read the word and then, can determine whether something is from him or not. Romans 12:1-2

No....we follow one Priest under the new covenant - Jesus the Great High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:19-20
Who forever intercedes on our behalf to the Father. [something that the old priesthood could not do] Hebrews 7: 11- 25, 7:27-28 Hebrews 9:18-27

Those who are in Christ are under the law of the Spirit and not the letter of the law. Romans 8:1-2

We know God directly because of the Holy Spirit that dwells in believers. The word of God is revealed through inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit teaches us all things. John 14:26 1 Corinthians 2:10-12

We didn't have the ability to be clean on the inside [conscience] without Christs victory on the cross. One pure lamb, one pure sacrifice, the power of sin and death is defeated on the cross on our behalf. Hebrews 9:11-15 Revelation 1:5

Hallelujah! :lol:

I like your doctrine.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel as Children we need to love united. As a group, under a perfect Leader. Jesus Christ being the head, as God His. The Holy Spirit today holds a vital role in a three person entity, all being one. The Spirit leads as the flesh being lead by that Spirit. The living God awaiting King, the God of Abraham, Father of Jesus Christ. The Speaker of the Word. The Lord of Hosts. Leaving in the flesh returning by the same. I waiting patiently for His days to be over in His time awaiting. May we find all we must to complete our Father's task, bringing to hand all the chosen. Let us love others, but none, not even the whole, being greater than the one awaited. Glory be to the Everlasting Father. Whose arm is greater than all mankind. Whose resting place, is amongst his chosen.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Tom!

The bible says that the Levitical Priesthood came through the line of Levi under the order of Aaron. Numbers 3:3-13 49-51
Melchizedek had no genealogy which means that he had no natural lineage like the priesthood lineage. He had no father or mother.

Hebrews 7
2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” 3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

We are not talking about natural lineage here but one that comes from God himself, just as Jesus was born by the Holy Spirit but had no earthly lineage because his father is God. Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:18-23

His mother was Mary; Mary’s mother was the sister of Elizabeth who was married to Zacharias. Zacharias was a Levitical priest of the course of Abia and serving in the Temple which means he had to be married to a full blooded Levite. Mary was then ½ Levite and ½ of Judah. Christ is both Levite and Judah.

Apparently Jewish scholars agree that lineage was determined through the Fathers line, identified through Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and their descendants.
The first census of the Hebrew nation in the wilderness was by families and the fathers household. Numbers 1:2 This tradition remained up until 70 AD.
The matrilineal line was adopted after that, around 1 AD. Scholars believe that it was to bring Jewish tradition into line with Roman Empire laws.

again...I bring this verse up...

Hebrews 7

11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. 13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. 15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest 16 who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. 17 For He testifies:

“ You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand,there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Greatness of the New Priest

20 And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath 21 (for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him:

“ The LORD has sworn
And will not relent,

‘ You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek’”),

22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
23 Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing. 24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.

It is evident that these verses are referring to Jesus our Messiah the great High priest of a new covenant and it is also very evident that the law and the priesthood was going to change because of the new covenant...I agree with you and you are right!....this did not occur until after he died because a covenant is not enforce without the shedding of blood. Also because his position of high priest happened when he entered the Kingdom...

Hebrews 9
[sup]11[/sup] But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. [sup]12[/sup] Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. [sup]13[/sup] For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, [sup]14[/sup] how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? [sup]15[/sup] And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

The Mediator’s Death Necessary
[sup]16[/sup] For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. [sup]17[/sup] For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives. [sup]18[/sup] Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood. [sup]19[/sup] For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, [sup]20[/sup] saying, “This is the blood of the covenant which God has commanded you.” [sup]21[/sup] Then likewise he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry. [sup]22[/sup] And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.

Greatness of Christ’s Sacrifice
[sup]23[/sup] Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. [sup]24[/sup]which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; [sup]25[/sup] not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— [sup]26[/sup] He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. [sup]27[/sup] And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, [sup]28[/sup] so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

Be Blessed dear brother! :)

Hi justaname!

I like your doctrine.

Thank you...:lol:

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
All priests were Levites but were all Levites priests?
Where does scripture say that Jesus the Christ was a Levitical priest?

Was Christ Mary's son? YES! Mary's mother was a Levite. Her sister was a Levite or she COULD NOT have married Zacharias. Read Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. READ THE SCRIPTURE! Read Hebrew, do you believe God or not.

Heb 5:6 As he (GOD) saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

God said Christ was a PRIEST!

But you do not have to believe it, it's YOUR choice!

Angelina, Christ was not the son of Melchisedec. He was the Son of GOD and Mary! Do you know what the name Melchisedec means? God calls "a priest after the order of Melchisedec," so tell God He is wrong! Read ALL of Hebrews 7 not just a few verses out of context.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Interesting beliefs... it's strange that everyone reads the same book but so many people take different beliefs out of it... It would almost be kind of interesting to ask people these questions and then what church they attend...