The timing of the 6th seal

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Matt 24:29 is describing the end of the 70th week at His second coming. So if the 6th seal is also at the end of the 70th week (sun, moon, stars) as some might believe, the 7th seal has to be prior to that which makes the seals non-chronological?

Or maybe just maybe, Joel 2:31 and Rev 6:12 are on a separate time line than Matt 24:29, one at the AofD and the other at His second coming. Could it be that "stars" in the sixth seal are fallen angels at the AofD, Rev 12:4, 9? Notice in Matt 24:29 that there is no mention of a blood moon...

Joel 2:31 The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

Matt 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days "'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...j33i160k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i21k1.0.720Kj6SKJFI

- Heb

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:29 is describing the end of the 70th week at His second coming. So if the 6th seal is also at the end of the 70th week (sun, moon, stars) as some might believe, the 7th seal has to be prior to that which makes the seals non-chronological?

Or maybe just maybe, Joel 2:31 and Rev 6:12 are on a separate time line than Matt 24:29, one at the AofD and the other at His second coming. Could it be that "stars" in the sixth seal are fallen angels at the AofD, Rev 12:4, 9? Notice in Matt 24:29 that there is no mention of a blood moon...

Joel 2:31 The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

Matt 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days "'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...j33i160k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i21k1.0.720Kj6SKJFI

- Heb
Wow you didn't get much response on this but you have pointed out an interesting comparison of the moon. I am going to do some research and see what I can find out. If you have gained more knowledge of this since your first post please update and share!:)

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Wow you didn't get much response on this but you have pointed out an interesting comparison of the moon. I am going to do some research and see what I can find out. If you have gained more knowledge of this since your first post please update and share!:)

If we can find scientific evidence that the moon still gives its light during a blood moon, then we can prove the sixth seal is prior to His second coming. I see the seals as chronological, 7th seal occurring after 6th seal. I'm just brainstorming though.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, it would seem that in this case, the 6th seal should have been the 7th seal, since all those cataclysmic cosmic events happen AFTER the Great Tribulation (a.k.a. the day of the LORD) and just before the Second Coming of Christ.

As to surmising that the falling stars are angels, that would not fit, since everything here relates to actual heavenly bodies, and the *shaking* of the heavens.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Yes, it would seem that in this case, the 6th seal should have been the 7th seal, since all those cataclysmic cosmic events happen AFTER the Great Tribulation (a.k.a. the day of the LORD) and just before the Second Coming of Christ.

I do believe the DOTL spans from rapture all the way to the New Earth.

As to surmising that the falling stars are angels, that would not fit, since everything here relates to actual heavenly bodies, and the *shaking* of the heavens.

Isa 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Luke 10:18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

2 Cor 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

2 Pet 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;

Rev 9:1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

- Heb
All of this is so interesting, intriguing but, I do not have near enough knowledge to even reply, lol.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

- Heb

Heb, you might like to consider the time lines below
Daniels Longest Prophecy diagram.gif

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Heb, you might like to consider the time lines below
View attachment 3340
For what it is worth, the referenced signposts on the timeline given above in the presented diagram, are wrong and lead to the wrong conclusions. I could claim IMHO that the end point error was around 200 years in error. I could also claim, IMHO, that the 457 BC starting point for the Daniel 9 : 24 and would probably be around the year 494 BC.

I will also claim that, IMHO, the starting point on the time line for the Daniel 9: 25 and the Daniel 8: 13-14 do not co-inside as the diagram suggests, which was probably generated by Ellen White.

But like many do, people bring out past understandings as if they are still relevant in todays unfolding relevations.

Shalom

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For what it is worth, the referenced signposts on the timeline given above in the presented diagram, are wrong and lead to the wrong conclusions. I could claim IMHO that the end point error was around 200 years in error. I could also claim, IMHO, that the 457 BC starting point for the Daniel 9 : 24 and probably be around the year 9494 BC.

I will also claim that, IMHO, the starting point on the time line for the Daniel 9: 25 and the Daniel 8: 13-14 do not co-inside as the diagram suggests, which was probably generated by Ellen White.

But like many like to do, people bring out past understandings as if they are still relevant in todays unfolding relevations.

Shalom
Have you read Ellen White, Jay?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was the diagram that you attached to your post above a representation of the things that Ellen G White had taught during her lifetime?
Im not familiar with that. Have you read Ellen White?

B

brakelite

Was the diagram that you attached to your post above a representation of the things that Ellen G White had taught during her lifetime?
Regardless of who has taught it, or parts thereof, in the past; regardless of who teaches it today; why not simply look at the evidence and judge it on its own merits?

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do believe the DOTL spans from rapture all the way to the New Earth.
That is not possible. For a proper understanding of the DOTL study the OT.

Also all your references to angels are fine in context. But not in the context of the 6th seal (all heavenly bodies):

REV 6
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun [heavenly body] became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon [heavenly body] became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven [heavenly bodies] fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven [where heavenly bodies exist] departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Im not familiar with that. Have you read Ellen White?

Regardless of who has taught it, or parts thereof, in the past; regardless of who teaches it today; why not simply look at the evidence and judge it on its own merits?

Quitethinker, to provide a diagram without also providing the source data as to who generated the diagram in the first place and from where the diagram can be sourced now, is not an acceptable practice where information is being exchanged.

Brakelite, all the evidence is contained within the diagram, provided by Quitethinker in his previous post, by which the diagram can be judged.

With what I understand of the timelines of Daniel 8 and 9 I quickly came to the conclusion that the diagram presents false understanding as to when the Daniel 8 and 9 prophecies have and/or will be occurring. After considering the available resources on the Internet, the diagram is reasonably consistent with available SDA theological teaching on the End Times documented on the various web pages that are readily available.

Now when I considered the published and usual web teachings on, say, the Daniel 2 statue prophecy in conjunction with the Daniel 7 beast prophecy, I can only draw the conclusion that the accepted teachings on just these two prophetic chapters is grossly flawed, particularly with many of the currently popular End Time protagonists who regularly publish their thoughts in the books that they churn out where they point to various possible people groups as the current target for which people group, nation or empire is representative of the Biblical descriptions associated with the End Times.

To the best of my knowledge, the current SDA teaching on the End times also falls into this group.

Shalom.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Quitethinker, to provide a diagram without also providing the source data as to who generated the diagram in the first place and from where the diagram can be sourced now, is not an acceptable practice where information is being exchanged.

Brakelite, all the evidence is contained within the diagram, provided by Quitethinker in his previous post, by which the diagram can be judged.

With what I understand of the timelines of Daniel 8 and 9 I quickly came to the conclusion that the diagram presents false understanding as to when the Daniel 8 and 9 prophecies have and/or will be occurring. After considering the available resources on the Internet, the diagram is reasonably consistent with available SDA theological teaching on the End Times documented on the various web pages that are readily available.

Now when I considered the published and usual web teachings on, say, the Daniel 2 statue prophecy in conjunction with the Daniel 7 beast prophecy, I can only draw the conclusion that the accepted teachings on just these two prophetic chapters is grossly flawed, particularly with many of the currently popular End Time protagonists who regularly publish their thoughts in the books that they churn out where they point to various possible people groups as the current target for which people group, nation or empire is representative of the Biblical descriptions associated with the End Times.

To the best of my knowledge, the current SDA teaching on the End times also falls into this group.

Shalom.
I see you have have not answered my question of 'Have you read Ellen White" For me its no issue but your lack of response on this does tell me you haven't read her. Opinions that have been gleaned from others are hardly the way of accuracy. You can draw your own conclusion of what having opinions on authors that haven't been read means.

Last edited: