The titles of Allah and the Bible.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sk0rpi0n

Dec 16, 2012
AR-RAHMÂN : The Most Compassionate, The Beneficent, The Gracious
The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
-Psalm 103:8

AR-RAHÎM : The Merciful
For the LORD your God is a merciful God.
- Deuteronomy 4:31

AL-MALIK : The King
For God is the King of all the earth
-Psalm 47:7

AL-QUDDÛS : The Most Holy
There is no one holy like the LORD
-1Samuel 2:2

AS-SALÂM : The All-Peaceful, The Bestower of peace
He stops wars all over the world…. “Stop fighting, he says, and know that I am God
-Psalm 46:10
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast
-Isaiah 26:3-4

AL-MUGHÎTH : The Sustainer
“I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me”
- Psalm 3:5

AL-MU’MIN : The Granter of security
AL-MUHAYMIN : The Protector
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
- Psalm 27:3

AL-’AZÎZ : The Mighty
He is wise in heart and mighty in strength
- Job 9:4

AL-BÂRI’ : The Maker
AL-KHÂLIQ : The Creator
AL-MUSAWWIR : The Bestower of form, The Shaper

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
- Genesis 1:1
Does he who implanted the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see?
- Psalm 94:9

“I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
- Psalm 139:14

AL-GAFFÂR : The Forgiver
AL-’AFUWW : The Pardoner

For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
- Psalm 86:5

AL-QAHHÂR : The Subduer
He is the God who avenges me, who subdues nations
- Psalm 18:47

AL- MUNTAQIM : The Lord of Retribution, The Avenger
The Lord is a God who avenges.
- Psalms 94:1

AL-BÂTIN : The Hidden
Truly you are a God who hides himself
- Isaiah 45:15

MÂLIK-UL-MULK : Owner of the Kingdom
… the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth
- Genesis 14:19

AL-JÂME’ : The Gatherer
“I will gather together those who are lame, those who have been exiles, and those whom I have filled with grief.
- Micah 4:6

AD-DÂRR – The Afflicter
I also will do this to you: I will even appoint terror over you, wasting disease and fever which shall consume the eyes and cause sorrow of heart.
- Leviticus 26:16

AL-MUDHILL : The Humiliator
Instead of smelling of sweet perfume, she will stink. She will wear a rope for a sash, and her elegant hair will fall out. She will wear rough burlap instead of rich robes. Shame will replace her beauty.
- Isaiah 3:24

—————————————————————————————
I had originally intended to give biblical comparisons for all the names of Allah. But I figured these would suffice for now to establish the basic fact that Allah is the God of the Bible. To read the rest of the names, go to this link

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
There is ONE title that the Muslim Allah does not have, which only the Judeo-Christian God has. Both Jews and Christians call God "Father." Nowhere in the Qu'ran is Allah ever called "Father." Muslims call themselves the "servants" of Allah. But we call ourselves the sons and daughters of God because God is our "Father."

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou [art] our father; we [are] the clay, and thou our potter; and we all [are] the work of thy hand.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada

One of the mainstays in Islam is the phrase ....... "God Has no Son"

The God of the Bible says .... "anyone who denies the Son denies the Father also"

Islam hates Israel even though they are God's chosen people
Islam hates Christianity even though it is the only way of salvation according to God

The Islamic phrase ....... "Allah is one , there is no god but allah" ..... came about after the arabs got rid of the other 364 temple idols and chose the allah one.

Allah is the "one" leftover idol.

Do not worship Idols ,

Worship The Lord The God of Israel.

There is no other God.

Period.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It may have escaped the attention of some here that the OP is taken from the Arabic bible that is used by Christians in the Middle East. Or do people think that the Koran has books called Psalms Isaiah,,,etc ???

sk0rpi0n said:
AR-RAHMÂN : The Most Compassionate, The Beneficent, The Gracious
The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
-Psalm 103:8

AR-RAHÎM : The Merciful
For the LORD your God is a merciful God.
- Deuteronomy 4:31

AL-MALIK : The King
For God is the King of all the earth
-Psalm 47:7

AL-QUDDÛS : The Most Holy
There is no one holy like the LORD
-1Samuel 2:2

AS-SALÂM : The All-Peaceful, The Bestower of peace
He stops wars all over the world…. “Stop fighting, he says, and know that I am God
-Psalm 46:10
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast
-Isaiah 26:3-4

AL-MUGHÎTH : The Sustainer
“I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me”
- Psalm 3:5

AL-MU’MIN : The Granter of security
AL-MUHAYMIN : The Protector
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
- Psalm 27:3

AL-’AZÎZ : The Mighty
He is wise in heart and mighty in strength
- Job 9:4

AL-BÂRI’ : The Maker
AL-KHÂLIQ : The Creator
AL-MUSAWWIR : The Bestower of form, The Shaper

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
- Genesis 1:1
Does he who implanted the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see?
- Psalm 94:9

“I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
- Psalm 139:14

AL-GAFFÂR : The Forgiver
AL-’AFUWW : The Pardoner

For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
- Psalm 86:5

AL-QAHHÂR : The Subduer
He is the God who avenges me, who subdues nations
- Psalm 18:47

AL- MUNTAQIM : The Lord of Retribution, The Avenger
The Lord is a God who avenges.
- Psalms 94:1

AL-BÂTIN : The Hidden
Truly you are a God who hides himself
- Isaiah 45:15

MÂLIK-UL-MULK : Owner of the Kingdom
… the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth
- Genesis 14:19

AL-JÂME’ : The Gatherer
“I will gather together those who are lame, those who have been exiles, and those whom I have filled with grief.
- Micah 4:6

AD-DÂRR – The Afflicter
I also will do this to you: I will even appoint terror over you, wasting disease and fever which shall consume the eyes and cause sorrow of heart.
- Leviticus 26:16

AL-MUDHILL : The Humiliator
Instead of smelling of sweet perfume, she will stink. She will wear a rope for a sash, and her elegant hair will fall out. She will wear rough burlap instead of rich robes. Shame will replace her beauty.
- Isaiah 3:24

—————————————————————————————
I had originally intended to give biblical comparisons for all the names of Allah. But I figured these would suffice for now to establish the basic fact that Allah is the God of the Bible. To read the rest of the names, go to this link

Very good!

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
In Islam some of the other names of Allah is the greatest of all deceivers; the most proud one; the one who causes affliction. In the Bible these titles are also given to Satan.

sk0rpi0n

Dec 16, 2012
Stephen100 said:
In Islam some of the other names of Allah is the greatest of all deceivers; the most proud one; the one who causes affliction. In the Bible these titles are also given to Satan.
In the correct context, Allah schemed against those who schemed against Jesus.

IF you want to go by the word "deceiver" ....then we read in the Bible that God also deceived people by sending deceiving spirits and delusions.

“So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you.”
-1 Kings 22:23
Ah, Lord God! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.
-Jeremiah 4:10
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
-2 Thessalonians 2:11
Deceiving spirits.... delusions. Fantastic.

As for being proud and causing affliction, there is plenty in the Bible that shows God as being proud and having caused affliction.

Niki

May 28, 2013
If I find scripture that compares to...oh, I dunno...say Zeus...does that mean Zeus is also the god of the Bible? Zeus throws lighting bolts...so, in allegorical language, does God as in
I AM, of the Bible

Allah, is not the Christian God nor is he God as in the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In the correct context, Allah schemed against those who schemed against Jesus.

What context would that be? How does that prove what you are saying? God as in THE God of the BIBLE, schemes against NO ONE. He sent His Son to die for our sins
so that we might be in right relationship with Him and have eternal life. He has reconciled us through His Son.

The Koran teaches no such thing.

You will not prove your belief as it simply has no evidence from scripture. Islam is not interested in salvation. The interest of that very dangerous religion lies more
along the lines of world domination than salvation.

Dumparoo

Jun 17, 2013
Guys! Those are all just quotes...if you want people to read the book or the books, then post them up here in their entirity so people can read them! I mean, wow, is this is why people will never stop fighting wars?