The titles of Jesus in Islam.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sk0rpi0n

Dec 16, 2012
al-Masih - “The Messiah”
Kalimatullaah - “God’s Word”
Qawl al-haqq - “sure word”
Ruhun minhu - “a Spirit from Him”
Nabi - “prophet”
Rasul - meaning “messenger”
Isa ibn Maryam - “Jesus son of Mary” mentioned thirty three times.
Abd Allah - meaning “Servant of God”
Min al-muqareeabin - “among those who are close to God”
Wadjih - “worthy of esteem in this world and the next”
Mubarak - “blessed” as “a source of benefit for others”

Barkley

Feb 6, 2013
I didn't realize that Muslims ever gave Jesus the title, al-Masih (The Messiah). I thought He was just considered Nabi (a prophet). I'm going to look into this further. My church is getting ready to plant a church in a predominantly Muslim area so I'm trying to become more educated about Islam. Your list will be very helpful. Thanks!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Barkley said:
I didn't realize that Muslims ever gave Jesus the title, al-Masih (The Messiah). I thought He was just considered Nabi (a prophet). I'm going to look into this further. My church is getting ready to plant a church in a predominantly Muslim area so I'm trying to become more educated about Islam. Your list will be very helpful. Thanks!
In Islam, Jesus is the Messiah and a prophet. The Qu'ran also called Jesus "the Word." On the other hand, Islam does not consider Jesus the "Son of God." The Holy Bible also called Jesus a "prophet." Many times, Christians view Christ as the Messiah, but the Holy Bible also calls Him a Prophet.

Matthew 21:11 And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.