The Tree of Life vs. The Tree of Knowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two trees.

Gen 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Gen 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

The Lord planted a garden:

Isa 5:7
For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

Eve noticed that the tree of knowledge was pleasant to the eyes and desired to make one wise.

Deu 4:5
Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
Deu 4:6
Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

There are two trees in the garden. One gives life and the other brings death.

The garden is Israel. The trees that are pleasant are the people which have good fruit in them.

Luk 8:15
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

God told Adam they could eat of all the trees which were in the garden, except one.
The tree of knowledge of good and evil.

In the book of Revelation there is only one tree:

Rev 22:2
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is not present in Revelation.

The tree that is missing is the law of Moses.

Adam and Eve were living under grace until they ate the knowledge of the law which would condemn them for committing the very first sin.
They took what they were told they could not have. In other words Coveted, stole.

Covetting is a the bottom of the list of the 10 commandments.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors goods or anything that is thy neighbors...

Mat 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Isa 57:17
For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.

Luk 12:15
And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Luk 16:14
And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.

Why do I say the tree of knowledge of good and evil is Moses' law?

Rom 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

As soon as Adam and Eve had eaten the fruit of this tree, they ran and hid themselves among the trees.
They knew what covetting was and they knew they was guilty and they were naked before the Lord.
They could not hide their sin.

And this sin which was made known to them by the eating of this fruit would bring death.

Rom 7:5
For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Gen 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

@Gabriel _Arch I'm going to leave this here for tonight.
What are your thoughts.

And any who would like to join in this study is welcome. This is not a debate. All views and opinions are welcome.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oxymoron?
see, this is what I'm talking about.
I don't want to argue about if a certain view or opinion is right or wrong think.
Just add your own thoughts on the subject. If you see something say something..ok
I'd like to go digging down some rabbit holes without getting roadblocks with every post someone posts.
Thankyou for asking me to clarify what I meant brother,
I sure did miss you
:D
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Gen 3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Rev 2:7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Psa 34:8
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Jhn 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Jhn 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Jhn 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Pro 12:28
In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

Jesus is the tree of life and the law is the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

And both trees are planted in the midst of Jerusalem.

The battle of the ages is about to begin in the Gospels.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan 12:1
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Rev 12:7
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Gen 3:13
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
Gen 3:14
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Rather than post the entire chapter of John 8....
This is the beginning of the war in heaven between Michael and the dragon.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:14
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Dan 9:11
Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

Dan 9:13
As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

Gen 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Exo 19:3
And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
Exo 20:18
And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

Deu 33:2
And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

Cherubims:
Act 7:51
Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Act 7:52
Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
Act 7:53
Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

The fiery sword is that law which God gave to Moses by the Cherubims which kept the way of the tree of life.

Gal 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

There were laws already given to Abraham and he kept them, what laws and commandments were given to Abraham?

Gen 26:5
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

This is not the same law that was given to Moses.

What was commanded of Abraham?

Gen 12:1
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
Gen 12:2
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Gen 13:14
And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
Gen 13:15
For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
Gen 13:16
And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
Gen 13:17
Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

of tithing:

Gen 14:18
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
Gen 14:19
And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Gen 14:20
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Heb 7:5
And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
Heb 7:6

But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Was Abraham commanded to give tithes to Melchizedek?

Mat 10:8
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
1Co 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Or did he freely give tithes to Melchizadek?

This is my thought on the matter of the two trees planted in the midst of the garden.

One is the law of Liberty given on the Mount of Olives by Jesus and the other is the law of Moses given on Mount Sinai.

One brings life and hope, the other brings death and despair.

One gives freely, the other takes.

And Eve took of the fruit of which she was told not to and gave to Adam and they did eat.
The Lord had freely given them the fruit of every tree except this one.
The law of Moses.

Before eating the fruit of knowledge Adam and Eve were here:

Rom 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

This is where we are again.
But we're losing time. And the serpent is trying again to entice the world to follow after knowledge rather than faith.

Question is, will we overcome the deception.

Rev 2:7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev 3:21
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

The circle of life.

Hugs

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In the book of Revelation there is only one tree:

The tree of knowledge of good and evil is not present in Revelation.

The tree that is missing is the law of Moses.

Rom 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

As soon as Adam and Eve had eaten the fruit of this tree, they ran and hid themselves among the trees.
They knew what covetting was and they knew they was guilty and they were naked before the Lord.
They could not hide their sin.

And this sin which was made known to them by the eating of this fruit would bring death.

Rom 7:5
For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Gen 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

@Gabriel _Arch I'm going to leave this here for tonight.
What are your thoughts.

And any who would like to join in this study is welcome. This is not a debate. All views and opinions are welcome.

Hugs
:vgood:Brilliant. I fully agree with what you say above.

@Ziggy Here are my thoughts about the rest of this:

For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant [sha‛shûa] plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry. -- Isaiah 5:7​
The garden is Israel. The trees that are pleasant are the people which have good fruit in them.
Very intresting thought - the word "pleasant" in Isaiah 5:7 is sha‛shûa, which is found in Proverbs 8:30-31 in reference to the delight [sha‛shûa] that God has in His logos/word/wisdom who was present with God at the creation, and in reference to the sons of men as being His delight [sha‛shûa]:

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, before even the earth was.

30b-31 I was daily his delight [sha‛shûa], rejoicing always before him; rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights [sha‛shûa] were with the sons of men.

So in Isaiah 5:7 God is saying that He looked for pleasantness in the sons of men whom He planted (Israel), but found none.

The same word [sha‛shûa] is used in reference to the Psalmist's taking delight in the law and testimony (word) of God in Psalm 119:24, 77, 92, 143, 174 - the very law which causes man to become of no delight [sha‛shûa] to God.​
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Was this knowledge of good and evil truly good for food (since God had said that it would kill), or did Eve only begin to see it that way after Satan had said that it would open her eyes and she would be like God, knowing good and evil? That is, was it truly pleasant to the eyes, or did Eve only see it that way because of what Satan had told her about the so-called "benefits" of having the knowledge of good and evil?​