• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted this as part of a response to some cultists, but if you can receive it, so much the better.

Time and space are not separate entities.
The Father that Jesus referred to is God the eternal spirit, self existant and not a part of His creation. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God intersecting with the world and operating in time. The Son of God is the eternal spirit taking the form of man in the person of His Son. One God manifested as 3, the eternal spirit existing outside of creation, the eternal spirit manifesting in creation, the eternal spirit manifested in flesh.
God's interaction with creation necessitates taking on limitations, but the eternal spirit of the Father is without limits, present everywhere, throughout time and outside of time. We live in creation and experience time sequentially so it isn't possible for us to interact with God the Father except through His Spirit and the mediation of His Son.
It's not exactly rocket science, but a 3 leaf clover is easier for those who didn't study physics.

Reactions: David in NJ

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted this as part of a response to some cultists, but if you can receive it, so much the better.

Time and space are not separate entities.
The Father that Jesus referred to is God the eternal spirit, self existant and not a part of His creation. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God intersecting with the world and operating in time. The Son of God is the eternal spirit taking the form of man in the person of His Son. One God manifested as 3, the eternal spirit existing outside of creation, the eternal spirit manifesting in creation, the eternal spirit manifested in flesh.
God's interaction with creation necessitates taking on limitations, but the eternal spirit of the Father is without limits, present everywhere, throughout time and outside of time. We live in creation and experience time sequentially so it isn't possible for us to interact with God the Father except through His Spirit and the mediation of His Son.
It's not exactly rocket science, but a 3 leaf clover is easier for those who didn't study physics.
This is a good explanation but still can confuse those who are illiterate in science and physics

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a good explanation but still can confuse those who are illiterate in science and physics
Absolutely, but it's just part of an argument with people denying that Jesus is God, who believe they can logically and scientifically prove their point. For the purposes of the faith, its sufficient to believe the simple biblical descriptions of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In either case belief in the person of the Son of God remains a matter of faith, not of logic, reason, or scientific proofs.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, but it's just part of an argument with people denying that Jesus is God, who believe they can logically and scientifically prove their point. For the purposes of the faith, its sufficient to believe the simple biblical descriptions of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In either case belief in the person of the Son of God remains a matter of faith, not of logic, reason, or scientific proofs.
I am an RN and in the medical field we treat the "whole" person which is body, mind, and spirit. All 3 must be healthy and in harmony with one another for a person to be "whole".....all 3 unified as 1....so it seemed to me to be the same as the Trinity....one God in 3 persons.....we are one being in 3 separate natures of the one unit.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am an RN and in the medical field we treat the "whole" person which is body, mind, and spirit. All 3 must be healthy and in harmony with one another for a person to be "whole".....all 3 unified as 1....so it seemed to me to be the same as the Trinity....one God in 3 persons.....we are one being in 3 separate natures of the one unit.
@Heart2Soul Interesting analogy there...

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using New Age gibberish to justify trinitarianism is deceitful, not to mention desperate.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using New Age gibberish to justify trinitarianism is deceitful, not to mention desperate.
It's hardly new age...I have used this comparison since the 70's.
Nice try...you believe what you want and I will believe what I want...difference between you and me is I won't attack you because of what you choose to believe.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My wife retired as an RN after a 40 year career that started in LA county general hospital CA and ended up in the Midwest as a telephone triage nurse for a children’s hospital, after years in the NICU.

There are mysteries in the Bible such as Christ indwelling us, which is also the hope of glory - and the triune Godhead is another.

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Speaking of relativity and the time/space continuum related to it, time is the fourth dimension and God has full control over it, which explains the many OT appearances of Jesus in the flesh, long before He incarnated into a body.

And Christ indwelling everyone on earth who is a Christian proves He is omnipresent, and therefore is very God.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a biblical argument to support the OP:
The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’ Deuteronomy 33:27

Accepted definitions
Eternal: lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning.

infinite: (ADJECTIVE)
limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate.
"the infinite mercy of God" ·
NOUN
(the infinite)
a space or quantity that is infinite​
Before the mountains were brought forth,
Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.

Psalm 90:2

Accepted definition:
everlasting, (adjective )
: lasting or enduring through all time : ETERNAL​
Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. Psalm 139:7-10

“But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you; how much less this house that I have built! 1 Kings 8:27

The word infinite is used as a mathematical expression of eternity, a way to include the concept of limitless in mathematical expression. It is the only way to express the eternal mathematically.
The infinite or eternal is without boundaries mathematically. However, the person of God has boundaries described by character. Eg: God is good and not evil. God can not lie. God is not unjust. Etc.

Proof of the Eternal Spirit in the Holy Spirit:
For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 2:11
26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. John 15:26

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:24

Proof of the Eternal Spirit in the person of Jesus Christ:
Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:
“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—To do Your will, O God.’ ”
Hebrews 10:5-7

Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. John 14:10
Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and "the Father" are One Eternal God manifested as 3 persons that share One essence and are in complete agreement, not 3 Gods. That is formally accepted sound doctrine.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would say something similar to you, which is that "we are one tripartite being comprising body, soul and spirit, in the likeness and image of God."

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would say something similar to you, which is that "we are one tripartite being comprising body, soul and spirit, in the likeness and image of God."
You are one person, not three persons. The Trinity dosctrine claims that God is three persons - that's completely different.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just a biblical argument to support the OP:
The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’ Deuteronomy 33:27
I'm no scientist, philosopher, or academic, so I would not presume to discredit or criticize your initial post. The above however sparked a response with me that tells me to use caution with your posts. Taking an idea then going to try Bible to find support for your theory is backwards, dangerous and in the past has led to all manner of confusion and false doctrine. Using man's intellect to unravel the mystery of the Godhead then going to the Bible for corroboration is the epitome of treading on holy ground. I hope you have your sandals off.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are one person, not three persons. The Trinity dosctrine claims that God is three persons - that's completely different.
The plurality of the one God is found in the first chapter of the Bible, where Genesis states that ELOHIM, which is the plural name of God that translates literally as GODS, said, let US make man in OUR image.

God did not say let ME make men in MY image.

He said US because Jesus, who made everything that was made, Colossians 1:16, was there with Him as co-creator per John 1:1, 10, 14.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

He said US because Jesus, who made everything that was made, Colossians 1:16, was there with Him as co-creator per John 1:1, 10, 14.
Yes, that's right. In the beginning Jesus, God's son, was with God, and God spoke to Jesus and said "Let us make man in our image". But that doesn't mean that Jesus was God or part of God, or that God is more than one person. Consider Isaiah 52 (WEB):

4) For thus says the Lord Yahweh: “My people went down at the first into Egypt to live there: and the Assyrian has oppressed them without cause.
5) “Now therefore, what do I do here,” says Yahweh, “seeing that my people are taken away for nothing? Those who rule over them mock,” says Yahweh, “and my name is blasphemed continually all day long.
6) Therefore my people shall know my name. Therefore they shall know in that day that I am he who speaks. Behold, it is I.”​

There is no 'we' or 'our' there. God, Yahweh, refers to Himself as 'I' and talks of His people as 'my' people, and His name as 'my' name.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In addition to this EXCELLENT Thread i just started a new Thread on Godhead but from a different approach - similiar but a little different - all are welcome to the Challenge.

i greatly appreciate the encouraging answers/dialogue here - amen

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The plurality of the one God is found in the first chapter of the Bible, where Genesis states that ELOHIM, which is the plural name of God that translates literally as GODS, said, let US make man in OUR image.

PERFECT, i love Perfect because i am so imperfect that i need His Perfection - All THREE