The trouble with religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And trouble it is. See I was born and raised a catholic, why because mum was and her mum was and so on and I have no idea how ling that went back, Where we cathoilcs becuase of Jesus or God, No, it was just a religion. A bit like politics, how some families will vote labour because mum voted labour and her mum. Doesnt matter if they take our house from us, send our kids off to war, wreck our pensins, we are labour and wil always vote that way. see teh catholics come here demanding that we join there church because there is teh only one with the truth, yet teh JW's when they come to your house say teh same thing, than there is the Mormans roaming around trying to con people into there religion, even teh seventh day adventists, I had a friend who was one had some interesting discussion wtih Him.. So if you want to be religious, fine tat is your choosing or you could just circumvent all teh nonsense and go to Jesus. He is always waiting for those who love Him to sit and chat with Hi, Pity so few do. as for the religius hasnt chnaged in thousnads of yesr still fighting God just like Saul.

No soory teh catholic church has nothing taht any of the other religions dont have, they just complain the most and yell teh loudest, like a spoiled child demanding to bee seen.

Reactions: Born_Again

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And trouble it is. See I was born and raised a catholic, why because mum was and her mum was and so on and I have no idea how ling that went back, Where we cathoilcs becuase of Jesus or God, No, it was just a religion. A bit like politics, how some families will vote labour because mum voted labour and her mum. Doesnt matter if they take our house from us, send our kids off to war, wreck our pensins, we are labour and wil always vote that way. see teh catholics come here demanding that we join there church because there is teh only one with the truth, yet teh JW's when they come to your house say teh same thing, than there is the Mormans roaming around trying to con people into there religion, even teh seventh day adventists, I had a friend who was one had some interesting discussion wtih Him.. So if you want to be religious, fine tat is your choosing or you could just circumvent all teh nonsense and go to Jesus. He is always waiting for those who love Him to sit and chat with Hi, Pity so few do. as for the religius hasnt chnaged in thousnads of yesr still fighting God just like Saul.

No soory teh catholic church has nothing taht any of the other religions dont have, they just complain the most and yell teh loudest, like a spoiled child demanding to bee seen.
What you say may be true for some Catholics, but the church itself doesn't do much complaining at all as far as I can see. Why would they? They're firmly planted in their position of authority, and have no reason whatsoever to complain. They can point fingers, but they're hardly affected by what they see going on in the world. This new pope is a little bit more involved, and predisposed to speak his mind, but then that seems to be what people want these days; Trump being another notable example. Neither one seems worried about their own position.

Religion serves a purpose. There are numerous gurus, teachers, ashrams etc. in India. Some have huge followings while others have just a few disciples. There are those who seem much closer to the truth than others, and the mindless masses that are attracted to the charlatans are serving a very useful purpose in that they are able to keep the deceived away from those on the narrow path. When there's only room for one in the turnstile, you don't want to get stuck in it with a dozen other people.

Religion is simply a mediator, and like all mediators it creates a barrier to the truth. It is hardly any worse than any of the other barriers we create. We can skip all of them and agree that Christ is the Way, but if we're simply pointing out Christ, we're still just pointing out the mediator. Without denying the objectivity of reality, we must subjectively immerse ourselves in that reality. When one has done this, there is no longer anywhere or anyone to point to as we are in the way. So we have to get "us" out of the way; this leaves only Christ.

Reactions: bbyrd009

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
mjrhealth said:
see teh catholics come here demanding that we join there church because there is teh only one with the truth,
It is against Catholic teaching to demand anyone to join our church. Use the quote feature and stop making things up. "the only one with the truth" is also misleading. We are not the only church with truths. CCC 817-820

If you would stop attacking us with lies we wouldn't yell so much.

sorry_if.jpg

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mj,

These types of posts are totally unnecessary and only serve to create bickering and attack other believers who do not think the same as you do.

Reactions: tabletalk

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
MJ I agree with Wormwood. This thread will be locked and please do not start another like it or it will be removed.

Thanks
Angelina

Status
Not open for further replies.