The trouble with religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Religion, why is it such a problem, Well it all starts with this.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

And repeated

Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

And again

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

It is so simple, when a man and woman come together and, well have sex, and the male seed enters into the female, they become one, and life is produced,

And so it is with Christ, when anyone truly comes to Christ, they receive Gods seed, the Holy Spirit, and when we receive Him we have a new man birthed in us as life is produced.

But.

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

And this works in the spirit, for when one becomes joined to the harlot church, they receive her seed, which is a counterfeit, being female she has no seed of her own, so you get this one.

Rev_2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

So if you have ever wondered why, catholics sound like catholics, mormans sound like mormans, JW’s like Jw’s, Sda like Sda, etc etc, it is because they have joined themselves to their church, their religion and the two have become as one.

And that religious spirit can be very violent when anyone stands up and tries to take one of her children from her she despises the truth and rejects all that is from God.

That’s why it is written,

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

But so few are willing.

But you see when one comes to Christ, truly, than,

1Co_6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. And all you will ever want to do is Glorify your Husband, Christ, as any woman who loves Her husband would.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion, why is it such a problem, Well it all starts with this.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

And repeated

Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

And again

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

It is so simple, when a man and woman come together and, well have sex, and the male seed enters into the female, they become one, and life is produced,

And so it is with Christ, when anyone truly comes to Christ, they receive Gods seed, the Holy Spirit, and when we receive Him we have a new man birthed in us as life is produced.

But.

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

And this works in the spirit, for when one becomes joined to the harlot church, they receive her seed, which is a counterfeit, being female she has no seed of her own, so you get this one.

Rev_2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

So if you have ever wondered why, catholics sound like catholics, mormans sound like mormans, JW’s like Jw’s, Sda like Sda, etc etc, it is because they have joined themselves to their church, their religion and the two have become as one.

And that religious spirit can be very violent when anyone stands up and tries to take one of her children from her she despises the truth and rejects all that is from God.

That’s why it is written,

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

But so few are willing.

But you see when one comes to Christ, truly, than,

1Co_6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. And all you will ever want to do is Glorify your Husband, Christ, as any woman who loves Her husband would.
Hmmmmmmm, interesting rant.
Tell me - does this apply also to YOUR paramilitary sex cult listed below -= or is it just Catholics, Mormons, JWs. SDAs and anybody else YOU disapprove of??

2 Christian sect leaders face more charges in New Mexico

Paramilitary sect leader Deborah Green sentenced 72 years for child abuse in New Mexico

BC-US-Religious-Sect-Child-Abuse-IMG-jpg.jpg

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is faith and Christianity is the definition of religion. Stop trying to redefine things it is the height of ridiculousness

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is faith and Christianity is the definition of religion. Stop trying to redefine things it is the height of ridiculousness
Religion is more like

Act 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
Act 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
To me, Christ didn't create or bring another religion, he brought salvation. Religions were already here, and they were wrong. We should follow the life, example, and teachings of Christ. Joining a man made denomination could confuse and pollute the simple truth and steer us astray; "I am the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6). Hard to believe there can be so many renditions of such a simple faith.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
actually Christianity is a faith, and Christ hasnt being on that cross for over 2500 years, but people love to keep Him there.

Want to make a small correction to your facts in this post? :D

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think pretty much everyone can agree that the most important thing is for a person to have a faith/relationship with Christ.

But I don't think that's inherently opposed to having a structured group of people/beliefs to support that relationship. Obviously if that person doesn't have that bond with Christ in the first place (or looses it), that's a big problem, which most everyone wants to address. But that doesn't mean having a support system is bad-- in fact, majority of the time a support system is a very good thing.

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And if anyone wants to see the evidence of what I say is true, please go read our friends posts. He has man.

Thanks @BreadOfLife knew you would come through, you closed that one perfectly.
So, does that mean YOUR religious cult is exempt from your ignorant anti-religion tirade?

Funny how you seem to dodge every question about them . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, does that mean YOUR religious cult is exempt from your ignorant anti-religion tirade?

Funny how you seem to dodge every question about them . . .
As I said, Does Christ Offend you, are you angry because people actually believe Him and follow Him, is He a problem to you, He certainly seems to be.

Luk_21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

Yep aint that the truth,

Just more evidence of that what I say is true.

Reactions: H. Richard

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, Does Christ Offend you, are you angry because people actually believe Him and follow Him, is He a problem to you, He certainly seems to be.

Luk_21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

Yep aint that the truth,

Just more evidence of that what I say is true.
Why do you keep equating your paramilitary sex cult to "Christ"??

Just more evidence that you don't know Him . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only speak of Christ your are the one always adding from that messed up corrupt mind of your, evil is as evil does.

Love you to BOL, well cant help it God does,

God bless
If it were only that simple and we really were talking about Christ.
Unfortunately, we're talking about the cult you're involved in - the people you get your warped ideas from over at aggressivechristianity.net.

Someday, by the grace of God - you'll be able to break free of them and come to truly know the Lord and leave the gun-toting "Generals" who run this godless cult.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you keep equating your paramilitary sex cult to "Christ"??

I'm a bit confused here BOL.
I believe pretty much the same way as mjrhealth does. Neither of us are " in" church and haven't been for decades.... because we agree that most organized church is a cult/religion...a god of their own making.
So why do you throw the paramilitary sex thing at us? I may be thick, and I probably am, but I don't get the connection.

For me..."religion" is the act of doing religious things, without a living relationship with Christ Himself. Religion is a dead thing because it does not have the life of Christ in it!

That is just my own definition and observation.
You and I both, if we are on a daily, moment by moment speaking and hearing relationship with Christ...then neither of us are in a dead religion but a living relationship.....right?

I just can't see where 'the paramilitary sex thing' comes into anything here o_O

You must have had a train of thought when you posted it...?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused here BOL.
I believe pretty much the same way as mjrhealth does. Neither of us are " in" church and haven't been for decades.... because we agree that most organized church is a cult/religion...a god of their own making.
So why do you throw the paramilitary sex thing at us? I may be thick, and I probably am, but I don't get the connection.

For me..."religion" is the act of doing religious things, without a living relationship with Christ Himself. Religion is a dead thing because it does not have the life of Christ in it!

That is just my own definition and observation.
You and I both, if we are on a daily, moment by moment speaking and hearing relationship with Christ...then neither of us are in a dead religion but a living relationship.....right?

I just can't see where 'the paramilitary sex thing' comes into anything here o_O

You must have had a train of thought when you posted it...?
First of all - I'm not throwing anything at YOU. You never aligned yourself with aggressivechristianity.net the way mjrhealth has. You and I have our differences - but we respect each pother;'s beliefs and leave it at that.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have already redefined things. It is a continuing thing. People have done it with the laws of men to effectively legalize murder [abortion]. The same thing is happening with the definitions of Christian or Christianity which eventually will make it legal to persecute or otherwise penalize those who fall outside the definition. It may appear to be ridiculous, but that is how men have always been when they have walked without God.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course Christianity is a religion weather one likes it or not

Christianity is only reduced to the level of a religion by making it an ideology....rather than it being the power of life and light in the Lord for mankind. So then only the devil himself (and they who seek to justify themselves in their carnal state) is involved in making it a religion.

On the religious level people can remain carnal and still seem to be justified by their religious beliefs and actions. Religion is artificial. Christianity is to abide in Christ who is the way the truth and.....the Life. For real.