The true "ABIDING" in Christ, vs the heretic.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Lets look at it....
Here is the reality.
To "wrongly abide".... is to believe that you keep yourself saved by "abiding" as a self effort.
"im doing it, im remaining, im enduring, im abiding"....my effort, myself, its ME doing it.... me, me, me, me, me.
In other words...>"by abiding, I keep myself saved".
This is "self saving"....this is Legalism.... this is heresy.
Legalism substitutes self effort, for the Blood Atonement.
Legalism is self righteousness that puts you on the Cross and rips Jesus off the Nails.

If we are born again, then we are MADE the righteousness of God, in Christ...BY GOD.
He does this for you. He puts us into His eternal family. We are born again, INTO GOD's Spirit.
"abiding" is to BE "in Christ"....its to be put there and kept there by the Holy Spirit.
The proof you are abiding, is to be born again, as that is how you abide...or how you got there, and stay there.

We dont put ourselves into God's family.....God puts us there.
Its God who purchased us with the Blood of Jesus, and Its God who lives inside us, which establishes us as "In Christ".
We are always abiding, because God is always abiding in us. 'Christ in you, the hope of Glory".
"we are the Temple of the Holy Spirit".

To no longer be "in Christ" or to abide there,.God would have to leave you, and take Jesus and the Holy Spirit out of you.
Jesus said He will never leave you or forsake you.
Jesus said that no person can take you out of Jesus's hand, and that includes you..... "no one, no man, no person", includes you.
To abide in God is to be IN GOD by being Born again Into God's Spirit.
We dont do this, and we can't undo this..
There is no way to be un-born again..
IN fact, if a believer could go to hell, then God and Christ and the Holy Spirit would have to go with them, as these 3 never leave you.

Remember, we are in God's family.....we are IN the Family. Put there BY God. We abide there always, because we are IN the Family.
Heirs of God. Joint heirs of Christ.
"as Jesus IS.......so are the born again, in this world".
We the born again, are "seated in heavenly places, in Christ"...right now, while we are in a body on earth.

And also..
You are born from your mother into this world.
If you are saved.....You are born of your Spiritual Father in Heaven,= into His eternity, His eternal family.
So......Can you stop being born?
= No.

Think of it like this...... You are born of your mother.. and one day when you are 77 yrs old, you hate her. HATE. And you decide you will no longer be her child.
You will stop abiding as her child., that is your decision. You have made up your mind.
Well, Are you still her child, even if you hate her, and dont want to be her child anymore, and have made up your mind?
Yes you are....no matter how you abide or not...or think... See, you are BORN from her.....and you can't stop this by behavior or decision, or by walking away....
You are BORN of your Spiritual Father in Heaven, and you can't stop this by how you think in your mind or how you behave in your life.
You BELONG to God. He has purchased you with His own BLood.
You are "blood bought".. is how the NT describes your eternal situation.

BORN, is born.....always.. both on earth and in heaven.
We are born on earth and we are born again into God's family.
Its done, in both cases.

Last edited:

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
thanks for the explanation. I think i understand what you are saying. Let me ask you, is Satan saved for all time? He being born from God, according to your explanation, would make him apart of Gods family for all time regardless of what he does to dishonour that family.

So can we really say that a person is for all time apart of Gods family?

Reactions: Episkopos

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of God is invisible to us... John 3:3.

Maybe you are born in water in the kingdom of God. Sounds like you are reborn with physical body and spirit to me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears that the one who is born spiritually can die spiritually (James 1:14-16, Romans 6:23).

One would die by allowing sin to become full-grown in them.

Now, in John 11:25-27, we find that spiritual life cannot be extinguished for the one who "lives and believes in me."

This would indicate that there is a type of person, born again, who, because of being sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5), will never allow sin to become fully grown in their lives; and thus, for them, spiritual death is impossible.

However, for the one who is not on guard against sinning, it is clear (James 1:14-16) that when sin becomes fully-grown, it will indeed produce spiritual death (see also Romans 6:23).

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well when you say spirit.. it means inside your body is an invisible you (bodiless version of u?).. and when you are close to over the bad guys can yank you out... drag you off. So that's why I don't want to get it wrong with God. I need to make sure I'm on his side. It looks like this. The shadow peoples.

I'm not sure what abiding means vs living and believing in Jesus. I just go with what Jesus says.. So I just follow his words in the Gospels as best I can.

To no longer be "in Christ" or to abide there,.God would have to leave you, and take Jesus and the Holy Spirit out of you.

This is like way beyond my knowledge of things.. I like the liveth and beliveth thing better that Jesus taught. There is no way I even want to think about him abandoning me.

If he allow me to be beat up by spirit characters in dreams... I have survived it. Those beings are horrible! I know that I do not want to go there. Poor Willie.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
thanks for the explanation. I think i understand what you are saying. Let me ask you, is Satan saved for all time? He being born from God, according to your explanation, would make him apart of Gods family for all time regardless of what he does to dishonour that family.

So can we really say that a person is for all time apart of Gods family?

Satan is not a part of "Adam". Satan is a "creature" vs a human.
Humans are made in the image of God.
Satan is not.
So, there is no redemption for Angels, or Cherubim's, or similar.
John 3:16. For God so love the WORLD (thats people, humans) that He gave His Son on the Cross".
Only for Humans, is redemption offered as The Cross and God's Grace.

Reactions: Debp and mailmandan

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
-
Lets look at it....
Here is the reality.
To "wrongly abide".... is to believe that you keep yourself saved by "abiding" as a self effort.
"im doing it, im remaining, im enduring, im abiding"....my effort, myself, its ME doing it.... me, me, me, me, me.
In other words...>"by abiding, I keep myself saved".
This is "self saving"....this is Legalism.... this is heresy.
Legalism substitutes self effort, for the Blood Atonement.
Legalism is self righteousness that puts you on the Cross and rips Jesus off the Nails.

If we are born again, then we are MADE the righteousness of God, in Christ...BY GOD.
He does this for you. He puts us into His eternal family. We are born again, INTO GOD's Spirit.
"abiding" is to BE "in Christ"....its to be put there and kept there by the Holy Spirit.
The proof you are abiding, is to be born again, as that is how you abide...or how you got there, and stay there.

We dont put ourselves into God's family.....God puts us there.
Its God who purchased us with the Blood of Jesus, and Its God who lives inside us, which establishes us as "In Christ".
We are always abiding, because God is always abiding in us. 'Christ in you, the hope of Glory".
"we are the Temple of the Holy Spirit".

Jesus said He will never leave you or forsake you.
Jesus said that no person can take you out of Jesus's hand, and that includes you..... "no one, no man, no person", includes you.
To abide in God is to be IN GOD by being Born again Into God's Spirit.
We dont do this, and we can't undo this..
There is no way to be un-born again..
IN fact, if a believer could go to hell, then God and Christ and the Holy Spirit would have to go with them, as these 3 never leave you.

Remember, we are in God's family.....we are IN the Family. Put there BY God. We abide there always, because we are IN the Family.
Heirs of God. Joint heirs of Christ.
"as Jesus IS.......so are the born again, in this world".
We the born again, are "seated in heavenly places, in Christ"...right now, while we are in a body on earth.

And also..
You are born from your mother into this world.
If you are saved.....You are born of your Spiritual Father in Heaven,= into His eternity, His eternal family.
So......Can you stop being born?
= No.

Think of it like this...... You are born of your mother.. and one day when you are 77 yrs old, you hate her. HATE. And you decide you will no longer be her child.
You will stop abiding as her child., that is your decision. You have made up your mind.
Well, Are you still her child, even if you hate her, and dont want to be her child anymore, and have made up your mind?
Yes you are....no matter how you abide or not...or think... See, you are BORN from her.....and you can't stop this by behavior or decision, or by walking away....
You are BORN of your Spiritual Father in Heaven, and you can't stop this by how you think in your mind or how you behave in your life.
You BELONG to God. He has purchased you with His own BLood.
You are "blood bought".. is how the NT describes your eternal situation.

BORN, is born.....always.. both on earth and in heaven.
We are born on earth and we are born again into God's family.
Its done, in both cases.
Agreed-However, Matt. 7:21-23 and John 15 “. ‘if’ You abide in Me” is still there for a reason isn’t it?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Agreed-However, Matt. 7:21-23 and John 15 “. ‘if’ You abide in Me” is still there for a reason isn’t it?

Yes, its letting you know that you are, and the consequences of this situation.

The heretic, teaches your verse like this.....>>"if you want to stay saved, you have to, by self effort, abide".

God teaches it like this...>"All who call on the Name of Jesus shall be saved, and they shall never perish, and no person is able to take them out of Jesus's hand, because they are born again as a New Creation in Christ, and are "ONE" with God and Christ".

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Kingdom of God is invisible to us... John 3:3.

Maybe you are born in water in the kingdom of God. Sounds like you are reborn with physical body and spirit to me.
I know the date I was born again same as I know the date I was born.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, its letting you know that you are, and the consequences of this situation.

The heretic, teaches your verse like this.....>>"if you want to stay saved, you have to, by self effort, abide".

God teaches it like this...>"All who call on the Name of Jesus shall be saved, and they shall never perish, and no person is able to take them out of Jesus's hand, because they are born again as a New Creation in Christ, and are "ONE" with God and Christ".
But what ‘if’ we stop abiding? Say for a day?

Reactions: Candidus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But what ‘if’ we stop abiding?

To abide is to be born.
You abide on earth because you were birthed by your mother, onto this earth.
You abide in Christ, because God, thru the Holy Spirit, (His) birthed you into His Kingdom, that is eternal.

Each Birth is permanent, as all birth is permanent.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But what ‘if’ we stop abiding? Say for a day?
But the post is saying that if you are born again it impossible not to abide - to live in Jesus.

We are all born into families and it isn't possible to leave that family. So if we are born into God's family it is impossible to leave it.

This is why everybody who calls themselves a Christian should make certain that they are born again and understand what it means and how to achieve that new birth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But the post is saying that if you are born again it impossible not to abide - to live in Jesus.
We are all born into families and it isn't possible to leave that family. So if we are born into God's family it is impossible to leave it.
This is why everybody should make certain that they are born again and understand what it means and how to achieve that new birth.

Yes.
Beautiful.
To be born again, is to live eternally in God's family.
We the born again, are in a dying body, on a earth made out of dirt.
But the REAL US....the BORN AGAIN US, is already with God....."In Christ".
We are just waiting for our new body, as we are already IN the FAMILY of GOD.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To abide is to be born.
You abide on earth because you were birthed by your mother, onto this earth.
You abide in Christ, because God, thru the Holy Spirit, (His) birthed you into His Kingdom, that is eternal.

Each Birth is permanent, as all birth is permanent.
Then no one can ever be "Born Again" because we were all born in sin and are children of the devil.

"Each Birth is permanent, as all birth is permanent."

Thanks, once again.... for proving too much!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Then no one can ever be "Born Again" because we were all born in sin and are children of the devil.

"Each Birth is permanent, as all birth is permanent."

Thanks, once again.... for proving too much!

Born into sin, and Born again out of it.
Pay attention, candidus.
Try to learn something, if possible.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont send us to links you dont write.
Grow up.
Learn.
Prove it!

If you cannot answer a Biblical argument, then just admit you cannot defend your heresy!

Last edited:

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born into sin, and Born again out of it.
Pay attention, candidus.
Try to learn something, if possible.

If Goat can become a Sheep, there is no reasonable logic that would say that a Sheep cannot become a Goat! You argue that when someone is Spiritually Born, that that nature cannot be changed... ever! Yet your logic neglects to be honest that you just said that how someone was "born" could not be changed!

One of two things must be true for your human philosophy to be an argument of value... (1). We are either born spiritual and saved, and that cannot be altered. (2). Being "Born-Again" indicated that one's nature can be changed and is not permanent. You philosophy is a logical fallacy on display!