The True Sabbath and the Millennial Rest Foreshadowed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There remains a future rest for the people of God to enter in,

For forty years I loathed that generation and said, “They are a people who go astray in their heart, and they have not known my ways.” Therefore I swore in my wrath, “They shall not enter my rest.”
(Psalm 95:10-11 [ESV])

Which is also mentioned in Hebrews,

For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; (Hebrews 4:8-9 [NIV])

And also mentioned here,

Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them." (Revelation 14:13 [NIV])

In which case this future Sabbath-rest that remains to be entered into is related to the seventh day Sabbath,

For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "On the seventh day God rested from all his works." (Hebrews 4:4 [NIV])
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. (Genesis 2:2 [NIV])

And as such, the relation between the seventh day Sabbath and this future Sabbath that still remains to be entered into is that just as there is a Sabbath rest on the seventh day from the beginning, so will there be a Sabbath rest on the seventh thousand year from the beginning. Each day of the first week foreshadowed a thousand years appointed to come,

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. (2 Peter 3:8 [KJV])

Adding up to a total of seven thousand years determined for this heaven and earth to exist, and just as the last day of the week is a Sabbath rest in which God rested from his work, so will the last thousand years be a Sabbath rest where the people of God will rest from their works,

for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. (Hebrews 4:10 [NIV])

And even the people of God who are among the dead will also be resurrected to enter into this rest,

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 [NIV])

Which includes Daniel,

“As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.” (Daniel 12:13 [NIV])

And even Abraham,

It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. (Romans 4:13 [NIV])

As all who died and partake in the first resurrection, beginning from Abraham to all who died for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ, will be raised to enter into this rest of a thousand years,

Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6 [NIV])

This is why although a strict observation of the seventh day Sabbath is a requirement of the Law of Moses,

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death. Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day." (Exodus 35:2 [NIV])
While the Israelites were in the wilderness, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." (Numbers 15:32 [NIV])

It is not a sin to not observe this seventh day Sabbath in this strict manner for those who walk by belief,

At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, "Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath."
(Matthew 12:1-2 [NIV])
Or haven't you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent? (Matthew 12:5 [NIV])
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. (Romans 14:5 [NIV])
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17 [NIV])

Because the true fulfillment of the seventh day Sabbath is at the seventh thousand year Sabbath, in which case those who walk by belief will rest and fulfill the true Sabbath when it comes. And after this millennial rest is over, this heaven and earth will vanish and become non-existent,

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. (Revelation 20:11 [NIV])

In which case then a new heaven and earth will come forth into existence,

Then I saw "a new heaven and a new earth," for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. (Revelation 21:1 [NIV])
"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. (Isaiah 65:17 [NIV])

And just as God appointed times for this heaven and earth, so will he appoint times in the next heaven and earth, which are the "ages of the ages",

and night shall not be there, and they have no need of a lamp and light of a sun, because the Lord God doth give them light, and they shall reign -- to the ages of the ages. (Revelation of John 22:5 [YLT])

And those who come to live in that heaven and earth will live into the ages of the ages that God appoints and will never die, as death will be a former thing,

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Revelation 21:4 [NIV])

Reactions: n2thelight

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
A good article, except the references in which you feel negate the keeping of the seventh day Sabbath each week.
Col 2 to which you refer is referring to the Mosaic law,the sacrificial system and it's annual sabbaths..if you read the entire chapter you will see that. There is nowhere in the Bible, the seventh day Sabbath, the fourth commandment, and God's creation in Genesis 2 is negated. If you cannot keep the weekly seventh day sabbath which God commanded, how do you expect to participate in the thousand year sabbath?

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
heretoeternity said:
A good article, except the references in which you feel negate the keeping of the seventh day Sabbath each week.
Col 2 to which you refer is referring to the Mosaic law,the sacrificial system and it's annual sabbaths..if you read the entire chapter you will see that. There is nowhere in the Bible, the seventh day Sabbath, the fourth commandment, and God's creation in Genesis 2 is negated. If you cannot keep the weekly seventh day sabbath which God commanded, how do you expect to participate in the thousand year sabbath?
Well then, if you keep the sabbath, then you also ought to keep it exactly as mandated by the law every Saturday,

Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day." (Exodus 35:3 [NIV])

While the Israelites were in the wilderness, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day...Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp."
(Numbers 15:32-35 [NIV])

Yet those who walk by belief, and are of greater belief, know that this strict observance of the weekly sabbath is not necessary for salvation, hence,

At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. (Matthew 12:1 [NIV])

So, as a fellow believer of Jesus Christ, I do not judge you for your lesser belief on this matter of the sabbath if you think you need to observe it, but be sure you observe it also as the law mandates. Yet also know that one who is of greater belief is not sinning by not observing the sabbath in this strict manner,

Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand. One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. (Romans 14:4-5 [NIV])

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just FYI.. The Sabbath subject has been debated numerous times over. Dont be surprised if you dont get many responses.

God Bless,

BA

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Born_Again said:
Just FYI.. The Sabbath subject has been debated numerous times over. Dont be surprised if you dont get many responses.

God Bless,

BA
It doesn't cease to baffle me that even after almost two thousand years this is still a subject of debate. The scriptures are clear on this topic.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Romans 14 you quote, again is referring to Mosaic law, the sacrificial system laws written by Moses..read the whole chapter to get it in context..this does not affect God's law, the ten commandments, of which the seventh day Sabbath is the fourth commandment....As you should know God wrote these commandments in stone, with His own hand..This seventh day Sabbath was created as the seventh day of the first week of CREATION...it was created by God as a rest day, He blessed it and sanctified it Genesis 2...After all that would you sooner follow Rome and keep the 1st day of the week sunday, in honour of the sungod?

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
heretoeternity said:
Romans 14 you quote, again is referring to Mosaic law, the sacrificial system laws written by Moses..read the whole chapter to get it in context..this does not affect God's law, the ten commandments, of which the seventh day Sabbath is the fourth commandment....As you should know God wrote these commandments in stone, with His own hand..This seventh day Sabbath was created as the seventh day of the first week of CREATION...it was created by God as a rest day, He blessed it and sanctified it Genesis 2...After all that would you sooner follow Rome and keep the 1st day of the week sunday, in honour of the sungod?
The Sabbath is on Saturday, not Sunday, so anyone who observes the Sabbath on Sunday is breaking the Sabbath. However, let me ask you these questions, do you turn on your lights on the Sabbath? Do you go to the grocery store on a sabbath? Do you pump gas in your car on a sabbath? If you have done any of these things, then you have broken the sabbath. Do you understand this?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Jesus, in Mark 2 26 and 2 27 said He is Lord of the Sabbath, He kept the seventh day Sabbath, and His disciples and Apostles kept the Sabbath day, that should be incentive for all people who call themselves Christian to follow it..it means rest, and as it is a commandment of God, written by Him in stone, Exodus 20 and a special created day by God in Genesis 2..it is not to be ignored, if one is to call themselves a Christian.
You can ask all the silly questions you want, but Jesus set the tone for the spiritual meaning of the Ten commandments, such as "if one hates his brother for no reason, he is guilty of murder"...Keeping the Sabbath by the Levites was harsh, and the pharisees imposed their own traditions to it and added to the harshness..Jesus set the record straight, and brought it back to being a joy to keep God's holy day as He intended....Rest, and devotion to spiritual matters are the key to the Sabbath...

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
heretoeternity said:
Jesus, in Mark 2 26 and 2 27 said He is Lord of the Sabbath, He kept the seventh day Sabbath, and His disciples and Apostles kept the Sabbath day, that should be incentive for all people who call themselves Christian to follow it..it means rest, and as it is a commandment of God, written by Him in stone, Exodus 20 and a special created day by God in Genesis 2..it is not to be ignored, if one is to call themselves a Christian.
You can ask all the silly questions you want, but Jesus set the tone for the spiritual meaning of the Ten commandments, such as "if one hates his brother for no reason, he is guilty of murder"...Keeping the Sabbath by the Levites was harsh, and the pharisees imposed their own traditions to it and added to the harshness..Jesus set the record straight, and brought it back to being a joy to keep God's holy day as He intended....Rest, and devotion to spiritual matters are the key to the Sabbath...
I thought you would answer in that manner, so if you have indeed implemented your own observance of the sabbath outside of the mandate of the law, to where it is not lawful to even light a fire or pick up sticks on the sabbath, why do you judge others who have done the same as you in a similar way? That is hypocritical.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its all here

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Some just have never eneterd into His rest and are still doing there own works unto salavtion.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
cga said:
I thought you would answer in that manner, so if you have indeed implemented your own observance of the sabbath outside of the mandate of the law, to where it is not lawful to even light a fire or pick up sticks on the sabbath, why do you judge others who have done the same as you in a similar way? That is hypocritical.
Hypocritical? Hypocritical is you try to earn your salvation by flocking to "churches" on a pagan based day such as sunday, which has no Biblical blessing or commandment from God...by doing this you expect to earn salvation..lots of luck with that...this is why Jesus said "they worship me with their lips but their hearts are far from me" Then I will say to you in those times depart from me I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness" Matthew 7...

Remember salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and not the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Remember salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments,
But you see HTE you have added too, Its grace by faith, you have added keeping His commandments which is adding to the price he paid, was His death not enough for you tha tyou have to keep the law which you know is impossible to do?

Foolishness

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
try finding some relevant scriptures to support your erronious opinions.
Well HTE why dont you show where it is wriiten that it is by faith "and teh law" we are saved???

Please?

Act_15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Jesus said in John 14.6 I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me.
Jesus said in John 14.15 If you love me keep my Commandments
Jesus said in Matthew 19.17 to enter into life keep the commandments..and He goes on to identify the ten commandments..
Jesus said in Matthew 7 then I will say to you in those days depart from me I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness.
Need more? chew on this for a while and hopefully you will get the scales off your eyes..
and Remember always
Salvation is throug the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and not sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I repeat myself, where does it say we are saved by grace and keeping the commandments???

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Still boasting of how well you keep the commandments you cant keep. Its ok to do it just dont lay that stumbling block before others.

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Hypocritical? Hypocritical is you try to earn your salvation by flocking to "churches" on a pagan based day such as sunday, ...
Saturday is the day of Saturn from which comes the Roman pagan festival of Saturnalia.

Those who worship on Saturday are therefore (by heretoeternity's logic) pagan Saturn worshippers re-enacting the Roman Saturnalia.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
I repeat myself, where does it say we are saved by grace and keeping the commandments???

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

You should show the whole chapter and verse to keep it in context MJR....Paul said in Romans "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law" and "do we sin more so grace abounds? God forbid." (Note in 1st John "sin is transgression of God's law")..aND Paul in Romans "it is doers of God's law who are justified not hearers"..Add this to Jesus teaching in the Gospels I showed you, and it should become clear to you, unless you are under the rule of the pope, which would appear to be the case.

Still boasting of how well you keep the commandments you cant keep. Its ok to do it just dont lay that stumbling block before others.

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific

You should show the whole chapter and verse to keep it in context MJR....Paul said in Romans "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law" and "do we sin more so grace abounds? God forbid." (Note in 1st John "sin is transgression of God's law")..aND Paul in Romans "it is doers of God's law who are justified not hearers"..Add this to Jesus teaching in the Gospels I showed you, and it should become clear to you, unless you are under the rule of the pope, which would appear to be the case.

You are still confused between God's law the ten commandments Exodus 20 and the law of Moses, the sacrificial system, circumcision, feast,festival, food etc laws...Acts 15 the Mosaic law ended with the exception of the four mentioned.