1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The truth

Discussion in 'NonChristian Help Forum' started by FatalMoves, Feb 17, 2019.

1. historyb

historyb Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Only for you, not me.

2. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Even the Roman Catholic Church uses the term Deutero-canonical.

3. historyb

historyb Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    [​IMG]

Sorry everytime I look at the title I think of this movie :D:D

bbyrd009 likes this.
  4. historyb

historyb Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That's nice

5. FatalMoves

FatalMoves Active Member

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Australia
    LOL.

6. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Only for you. Care to start a thread in the Christian section to discuss it, go right ahead. It's not the place in the non-believer forum.

7. historyb

historyb Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Then don't

8. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'm not.

9. historyb

historyb Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You are right now

10. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Nope, not yet but I will in another thread in the Christian discussion forum.

11. Phoneman777

Phoneman777 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So, you're saying those which atheists often regard as "primitive man" actually possessed knowledge and capability of time travel (thus enabling them to see the future and then travel back to write it down as "prophecy" before it happened) - which thing, despite our incredible advancements in science and tech, we have yet to even begin to comprehend in the slightetst much less devise some means of practical application for such knowledge?

Now that shakes to pieces the evolutionary timetable as powerfully as has the fossil record, the geological record, Helium Diffusion radiometric dating, OOPARTS, etc.

12. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    If the world is not enough...then you shall have nothing more. But it is self-imposed, for you have admitted that even things in the natural world set a precedence. Even so, you do not believe.

13. mjrhealth

mjrhealth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Where have you being hiding miss your posts

ScottA and Jane_Doe22 like this.
  14. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Busy I guess. My wife and I bought a home in a California fire disaster area. Still standing, but much too do. Thanks!

15. Vince

Vince Active Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    United States
    I said no such thing. You give me as much evidence that I have for the existence of electricity and atoms and I will believe in god.

16. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Must I really quote you?
    Here you have given the precedence for believing that what cannot be seen can be and is in fact real. As for evidence, I named two examples, but also included the entire world...because it is a manifest image of things on high, just as electricity and love. The fact that you do not know it to be true, does not mean that it is not. If you never new love, the same thing is true...it is not untrue just because you do not have it. But even with before knowing love, love is hated, but why? Because of adolescence...and that is exactly what you manifest here.

Will you now also tell me I have cooties?

You humiliate yourself...when you could be knowing now what you will wish you had known earlier. That is the problem of adolescence.

17. Vince

Vince Active Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    United States
    If you like.
    No, I have given precedence of how to know things that I cannot see or touch or feel. I don't know that atoms exist, I have a high confidence level that they do through reading about scientific experimentation.

I have never said god does not exist. I am open to the possibility that he exists. But just like with atoms I would like sufficient evidence.

I agree and have admitted that I don't know if god is real. You keep saying that I don't believe or have never said. I agree with you that thee are things just because I have no evidence does not mean something does not exist. To believe something without evidence leaves you open to believing many false things and no way to evaluate what is true and what is false.

You are the one that name called. Not me.

18. Episkopos

Episkopos Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Facts are temporal...and they change. Truth is eternal and never changes. Jesus (the truth) is the same today and forever.

19. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    There is precedence for the things unseen, but most important, is that you have not or will not consider yourself as the problem. God has laid out a world of evidence and spoken and proved himself to millions. But you wait for a special invitation, even though the limitation is yours, not the millions of others and not God's.

That limitation has been explained to you - you do not have the eyes to see the evidence. Still you demand evidence of another sort which you know does not exist...because it can't. That, in it self should prove something to you - that there is a world beyond your own ability to perceive it. If I demand proof of horses, could you prove it with a cow? You are asking the impossible.

But as I have already explained, as a child does not see all things clearly until he learns and matures, you are in that place in human development. You are at that place where you believe in Santa Claus and we are trying to be kind to you as one who will someday learn the truth. But you will nee to mature, to buy many more presents with your own money - meaning the answer must come out of your own investment, not ours. That is the problem - your problem. Can someone older prove maturity to a child? No...you need to grow. That is how your evidence will come. But if you refuse to accept the fact that there is proof, when it is you yourself that are not up to receiving it, you will develop a resistance, a prejudice, against ever receiving it.

So...just as you had to mature to fully know love, you will have to mature to fully know God. God is love. But you are a child, don't expect all the knowledge to come by stamping your feet and making demands about what you know nothing about. It doesn't work that way.

If you had a chance to go through that awkward time of coming to know love over again...would you now be acting as you are? Your answer should be, "Heavens NO!"

But here you are doing it again.

20. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    fwiw Paul likely did not have our def of "Scripture," and even demonstrated as much by importing many "foreign" concepts into Scripture, which I have a discussion on somewhere if you're interested