The (Two Witnesses) Revelation 11:3-12 Will Be Literal Prophets Returned, In Literal Physical Bodies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The (Two Witnesses) will be literal prophets returned, that bring literal plagues upon this literal earth, they have physical bodies that die, that lay in a literal street, as a literal world watches in celebration of their deaths

You will closely note below, the two olive branches and golden pipes represent that seen in Revelation 5:8 & 15:5-8 below, the 7 golden (vials/pipes) in last plagues will be emptied upon the world through the (Two Witnesses) who have all power over the literal plagues seen in the Revelation

You will closely note these two anointed ones empty the golden oil out of "Themselves"

The "Golden Oil" represents the "Golden Vials" full of the seven last plagues

Zechariah 4:11-14KJV
11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Revelation 5:8KJV
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 15:5-8KJV
5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.
8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

You will closely note that the (Two Witnesses) stand before God of the earth in verse 4 below, also seen in Zechariah 4:14 above

You will closely note that the (Two Witnesses) have literal power over the literal plagues upon the world, they have physical bodies that die, and lay in a literal street, as a literal world watches in celebration

Revelation 11:3-12KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Reactions: Ronald D Milam

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The (Two Witnesses) will be literal prophets returned, that bring literal plagues upon this literal earth, they have physical bodies that die, that lay in a literal street, as a literal world watches in celebration of their deaths

You will closely note below, the two olive branches and golden pipes represent that seen in Revelation 5:8 & 15:5-8 below, the 7 golden (vials/pipes) in last plagues will be emptied upon the world through the (Two Witnesses) who have all power over the literal plagues seen in the Revelation

You will closely note these two anointed ones empty the golden oil out of "Themselves"

The "Golden Oil" represents the "Golden Vials" full of the seven last plagues

Zechariah 4:11-14KJV
11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Revelation 5:8KJV
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 15:5-8KJV
5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.
8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

You will closely note that the (Two Witnesses) stand before God of the earth in verse 4 below, also seen in Zechariah 4:14 above

You will closely note that the (Two Witnesses) have literal power over the literal plagues upon the world, they have physical bodies that die, and lay in a literal street, as a literal world watches in celebration

Revelation 11:3-12KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
It can’t be because Jesus said that He wouldn’t do that because it won’t work in the verses below you are contradicting Jesus.

Not only was Jesus predicting His resurrection from the dead but He was also predicting His rejection from Israel. If it didn’t work when Jesus rose why would it work for the two witnesses?

The Rich Man and Lazarus​

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two witnesses are two churches and two prophets not just two prophets. Most people don't even bother to see what God says the two witnesses are.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can’t be because Jesus said that He wouldn’t do that because it won’t work in the verses below you are contradicting Jesus.

Not only was Jesus predicting His resurrection from the dead but He was also predicting His rejection from Israel. If it didn’t work when Jesus rose why would it work for the two witnesses?

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”
Not one word in your response addresses the fact that the (Two Witnesses) will have literal physical bodies that are killed, and lay dead in a literal street upon this earth

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one word in your response addresses the fact that the (Two Witnesses) will have literal physical bodies that are killed, and lay dead in a literal street upon this earth

Two prophets not the two witnesses.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are one and the same, back to your drawing board

No.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course not because I don’t believe that but more importantly my response showed that Jesus said that it wouldn’t work or happen so you’re OP contradicts Jesus.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not because I don’t believe that but more importantly my response showed that Jesus said that it wouldn’t work or happen so you’re OP contradicts Jesus.
That's correct, you deny the scripture before your eyes, literal physical bodies that die, that lay dead in a literal street on earth, as literal humans on this earth are watching and celebrating their death

Try putting that into reformed symbolic allegory in fulfillment, big smiles!

Jesus Is The Lord

Revelation 11:7-12KJV

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's correct, you deny the scripture before your eyes, literal physical bodies that die, that lay in a literal street on earth, in a literal world where humans on earth are celebrating their death

Let’s get back to my first reply first do you deny Jesus? Was Jesus wrong?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s get back to my first reply first do you deny Jesus? Was Jesus wrong?
You ask a question that has no relationship to the fact that the two witnesses seen in Revelation Chapter 11, will have literal living bodies that die upon this literally earth, as literal nations watch and celebrate their death

Marty is wrong, you deny the very scripture before your eyes

That's correct, you deny the scripture before your eyes, literal physical bodies that die, that lay dead in a literal street on earth, as literal humans on this earth are watching and celebrating their death

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You ask a question that has no relationship to the fact that the two witnesses seen in Revelation Chapter 11, will have literal living bodies that die upon this literally earth, as literal nations watch and celebrate their death

Marty is wrong, you deny the very scripture before your eyes

Jesus Is The Lord

And you deny the very words that come out of Jesus mouth. You say Jesus is Lord then believe what He says.

You believe an event that could have different interpretations over the very words out of Jesus mouth. Jesus gave that parable (which is the only parable to name a person so it actually was an real event) for a teaching reason so prove what you say “Jesus is Lord“ and believe what He says.

Let the scriptures interpret the scriptures and stop sidestepping my first reply and deal with it before you try to divert it with your comment and then I will address your comment.

You say that I deny the scriptures right in front of my eyes and you just did that.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you deny the very words that come out of Jesus mouth.

He and I have many differences but I believe your accusation here is not true. Not remotely true. Belief that the two prophets are two real persons who literally die in Jerusalem is accurate to the text and is not a denial of the words of Jesus. Such a suggestion is beyond ridiculous.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not one word in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus you provide, revokes the literal two witnesses in physical living bodies seen below in Revelation 11:7-12

Jesus Is The Lord

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He and I have many differences but I believe your accusation here is not true. Not remotely true. Belief that the two prophets are two real persons who literally die in Jerusalem is accurate to the text and is not a denial of the words of Jesus. Such a suggestion is beyond ridiculous.

I only mean it in this event, but did you read the parable of the rich man and Lazarus

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not one word in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus you provide, revokes the literal two witnesses in physical living bodies seen below in Revelation 11:7-12

Jesus Is The Lord

That is exactually what Jesus is saying in the verses above. There will be no special treatment no people from the dead coming back to warn people they have the law and the prophets which all pointed to Jesus and that is all that they need and will get.

If they rejected Jesus when He came back from the dead why would they believe anyone else?