THE VIRGIN BIRTH; MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jeremiah 22:28 Is this man Coniah a despised broken idol? is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure? wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not?

22:29 O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD.

22:30 Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.

Jehoiakim, a king of Judah, had two sons , Jeconiah and Zedekiah. 1 Chronicles 3:1

Coniah was also known as Jeconiah. Jeremiah 22:24

The Greek form of Jeconiah is Jeconias, which is found in Matthew 1:12

Coniah, or Jeconias, in Jeremiah 22:30 was prohibited from sitting upon the throne of David.

Coniah, or Jeconias, was in the lineage of Joseph. Matthew 1:12

If Jesus came through the line of David, he may well have been unable to sit on the throne of David as prophesied. Isaiah 9:7

The virgin birth skipped the lineage of Joseph, and the prohibition of Coniah. Matthew 1:23 Luke 3:23

Some say it is possible that the prohibition only would apply to "his days" ,and would not extend beyond this; but Jeremiah 22:30 says, "any more", which to me, would mean no descendant could sit on the throne.

The brilliance of God!!!!! Merry Christmas

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
sit on the throne of David as prophesied. Isaiah 9:7

The virgin birth skipped the lineage of Joseph, and the prohibition of Coniah. Matthew 1:23 Luke 3:23
Christians will note that it is Mary's genealogy given in Luke, which makes David her ancestor through Nathan. While Nathan was denied the throne, Christ would show His descent from David in both genealogies, and thus He is called "the son of David" or the descendant of David.

Christ is called THE BRANCH in the OT, indicating that He will descend from Jesse and David:

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD (Isa 11:1,2)

In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. (Jer 33:16)

Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. (Zech 3:8)

And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD (Zech 6:12)

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians will note that it is Mary's genealogy given in Luke, which makes David her ancestor through Nathan. While Nathan was denied the throne, Christ would show His descent from David in both genealogies, and thus He is called "the son of David" or the descendant of David.

Christ is called THE BRANCH in the OT, indicating that He will descend from Jesse and David:

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD (Isa 11:1,2)

In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. (Jer 33:16)

Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. (Zech 3:8)

And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD (Zech 6:12)

Thank you for this valuable contribution

Reactions: Enoch111

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINILJC, to all.

The virgin birth skipped the lineage of Joseph as well as Mary, biologically speaking. both lineage are only LEGAL lineages.

here is the skip of it all,
Genesis 3:15 "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel".

her seed is a dry Ground of men, but not of God. scripture,
Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him".

a Root, a begining, out of "DRY GROUND"? no human seed, but of God. the human seed was cut off and left as a stump, which the branch grew.
Revelation 5:5 "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

this ROOT is before David, and before David natural Father Jesse, scripture,
Isaiah 11:10 "And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious".

and here is this "ROOT" God almighty himself, Yeshua, (JESUS), scripture,
Psalms 132:11 "The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne".

the fruit of David body is the virgin Mary. Virgin, know no man, the Woman seed, Genesis 3:15 "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel".

the LORD through the Woman will sit on David throne "LEGALLY".