The watchman

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The watchman stands the tower and reports what he sees, be it warning or not, but the watchman reports what he has witnesses, not speculation and theory.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The watchman stands the tower and reports what he sees, be it warning or not, but the watchman reports what he has witnesses, not speculation and theory.
Who is he? Who is watching over? Who does he report to?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Ezekiel was made a watchman by God. "I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me. "

Personally I see that as part of the reason for such a weak church we have in the West right now.
The "Watchmen" was appointed as so... he represents God to the people...he is in leadership. Yet in so many churches these days they are not appointed by God, but 'picked' by the elders and deacons as a good candidate for "maybe" being able to build up a church membership etc.

" Watchman, watchman what of the night? "
And here we are , in the Last Days...but where are the true watchmen..where are the visionaries standing watch upon the Walls, with the trumpet of God in their hand?

Reactions: FHII

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here we are , in the Last Days...but where are the true watchmen..where are the visionaries standing watch upon the Walls, with the trumpet of God in their hand?

They're mocked and ridiculed because they don't recognize the established doctrines of man.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good for you you've managed to be a minimal as possible.
Ok... You started the thread and I figured you wanted to discus it. They seemed like reasonable and simple questions.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel was made a watchman by God. "I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me. "

Personally I see that as part of the reason for such a weak church we have in the West right now.
The "Watchmen" was appointed as so... he represents God to the people...he is in leadership. Yet in so many churches these days they are not appointed by God, but 'picked' by the elders and deacons as a good candidate for "maybe" being able to build up a church membership etc.

na, if God supplies a up-right watchman and things don't turn as you imply then it's not the watchman's fault. nor are watchmen in todays Christian environment the church leadership, they weren't Israeli leadership either back in Ezekiel's day. therefore that doesn't mean there is watchmen to day, amongst God's People.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay, whatever you say. Have at it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello. Have tried 4 times so far this morning to start a conversation with you. I must be do
ing it quite wrong...lol :) How are you wonderful sister?

I just sent you a couple in the INBOX.
If you can't find them in the "drop down" then double click and it will take you to a proper list. Go check them out :)

You will find a list in there of every email inbox that you have written.