The Whole Family in Heaven and Earth is Named

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
[15] Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Hebrews 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

There is a parallel between the natural realm and the spiritual. When one hears the gospel of Christ and it is mixed with faith, then begins life in the church womb.

But that does not stop there. Jesus said we must come forth out of the church womb in order to become part of the kingdom...

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Let's talk about that for a moment.

In the book of Acts, we see the question to Peter and to the rest of the apostles regarding what to do. Jesus was preached unto them and they were pricked in the heart...

Acts 2:37-38 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Peter said to:

1. Repent
2. Be baptized in Jesus name for remission of sins
3. Receive Holy Ghost

And they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. They heard the word and responded to it. They submitted themselves to it and obeyed it. Remember, Jesus said in John 3:5 "...Except a man be born of born or water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Baptism is by immersion (not sprinkling)...

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
[5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
[6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

When we hear the gospel and is mixed with faith, we become life in the church womb.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Note the above baptism must be mixed with faith or is invalid(baptism without faith).

We must be baptized in Jesus name (not the generic titles of Father, Son, Holy Ghost)....

Let's find out what His followers "SAID" in order to obey (fulfill) Jesus' Great Commission of Matthew 28:19...

THE GREAT COMMISSION IN ACTION:

Acts ‪2:38‬ "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Acts ‪8:16‬ "(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus)."

Acts 19:5 "When they heard this, they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus."

No one has ever found a single scripture in the entire Bible where anyone was ever baptized with the words from Matthew 28:19 (Father, Son, Holy Ghost).

Some ask, "Why didn’t Jesus just come out and say to baptize in My name?" And I submit to you that it was for the same reason that He spoke in parables. While some didn't get it, those who had ears to hear, did. Likewise, today, some still don't get it when they read His Word, but those who have ears to hear, do. And not only do they understand, they obey His Word. And "quoting" Matthew 28:19 does NOT fulfill Matthew 28:19. Get it?

And beside that, Matthew is not the only account of the great commission...

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

In conclusion, to receive Jesus name and enter in the kingdom family (the Bible way) is to...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The Lord has not stopped calling.

God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot ez 36:25-27
Jn 3:22
and the 2000 year history of baptism in obedience to Christ who said:
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
including Matt 28:19
Valid Christian baptism requires the flowing water over the forehead three times. Jn 3:5
With the words:
I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit! Matt 28:19
The grace of God washing away all sin! Acts 22:16

Immersion, pouring, sprinkling are valid forms of baptism.

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.
1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (Baptism)
Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Baptism:
Matt 28:19
The holy church obeys the command Of Jesus!
Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ…
Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing so remain in Christ!
Keep his commandment!
Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
1 Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1 Jn 2:5 But who so keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
His word: Matt 28:19
1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!
without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!
Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!
Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!
They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “
They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22
A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!
Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.
Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.
Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.
1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.
Baptism!
God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!
Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2
Born again! Born from above!
'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)
Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!
Effects of faith & baptism!
Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 2:1&5 brought to life in baptism
Eph 4:5 one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 and not the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

Last edited by a moderator:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And infants too!

Infant Baptism

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Promise is to you’re children! Vs 39

This promise made in ez 36
A promise from God is a sacred oath, and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say except infants!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness.

(It does not say accept infants!)

Baptism is the Christian initiation sacrament of the new covenant for all men. Matt 28:19 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (It does not say except infants!) (but it does say “all”)!

Lk 1:10-11 all people including infants

Thee faith is required for baptism.
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

If it’s not possible (as in the case of infants) it’s not required.

But the promise of the parents to raise and educate the child in the faith is required, then the child is confirmed in thee faith at the age of reason.

Repentance is required for baptism. Acts 2:38

If there is no personal sin to repent of (as in the case of infants) then it’s not required.

For two thousand years the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles has always baptized infants!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

There is a parallel between the natural realm and the spiritual. When one hears the gospel of Christ and it is mixed with faith, then begins life in the church womb.

But that does not stop there. Jesus said we must come forth out of the church womb in order to become part of the kingdom...

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In the book of Acts, we see the question to Peter and to the rest of the apostles regarding what to do. Jesus was preached unto them and they were pricked in the heart...

Acts 2:37-38 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Peter said to:

1. Repent
3. Receive Holy Ghost

And they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. They heard the word and responded to it. They submitted themselves to it and obeyed it. Remember, Jesus said in John 3:5 "...Except a man be born of born or water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
[5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
[6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

When we hear the gospel and is mixed with faith, we become life in the church womb.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Note the above baptism must be mixed with faith or is invalid(baptism without faith).

We must be baptized in Jesus name (not the generic titles of Father, Son, Holy Ghost)....

Let's find out what His followers "SAID" in order to obey (fulfill) Jesus' Great Commission of Matthew 28:19...

Acts ‪2:38‬ "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Acts ‪8:16‬ "(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus)."

Acts 19:5 "When they heard this, they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus."

No one has ever found a single scripture in the entire Bible where anyone was ever baptized with the words from Matthew 28:19 (Father, Son, Holy Ghost).

Some ask, "Why didn’t Jesus just come out and say to baptize in My name?" And I submit to you that it was for the same reason that He spoke in parables. While some didn't get it, those who had ears to hear, did. Likewise, today, some still don't get it when they read His Word, but those who have ears to hear, do. And not only do they understand, they obey His Word. And "quoting" Matthew 28:19 does NOT fulfill Matthew 28:19. Get it?

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

In conclusion, to receive Jesus name and enter in the kingdom family (the Bible way) is to...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

God Bless!
There is a dividing line between water baptism and baptism with the Holy Spirit, between John and Jesus...which, yes, was preached to that generation of whom Christ was "the Last."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a dividing line between water baptism and baptism with the Holy Spirit, between John and Jesus...which, yes, was preached to that generation of whom Christ was "the Last."

there is only one baptism! Eph 4:5
Only one gospel only one savior for all men! Lk 2:10-11
Jn 3:16 Jn 1:29

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is true. These are not meaningless words however.....to be baptized as a disciple of Christ Jesus one must acknowledge the role that each of these has played in the journey leading up to the commitment of baptism. It isn’t simply a dunking under water, but a public symbol of dedication to obey the teachings of the Christ from that day forward. It is then an obligation to fulfill that dedication every day from then on.

Likewise, today, some still don't get it when they read His Word, but those who have ears to hear, do. And not only do they understand, they obey His Word. And "quoting" Matthew 28:19 does NOT fulfill Matthew 28:19. Get it?

The great commission involves many things. First the one baptized has to know what Christ taught in order to comply with his teachings. So the person must become a student of God’s word, learning all they can about God and how to live a Christian life.

Jesus gave the commission so that his disciples could preach the same message that he did in promoting God’s Kingdom as the only hope for mankind. And he said that this preaching would be done on a global scale by his true disciples in every nation on earth before the “end” comes. (Matthew 24:14)

Yes, it is God who “calls” people to his son...in fact, no one can come to the Son without an invitation from his Father. (John 6:65) So whatever “calling” we have, whether that is to heaven, as one of the “elect” or to dwell on earth as human citizens of God’s kingdom, no one can gain entry without a *passport*.....and God is the only one who can give us the *stamp*. (Hebrews 3:1; 1 Corinthians 1:2)

Revelation 21:2-4 gives us a glimpse into the future.....
“I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

This is the picture of God’s Kingdom bringing rulership to redeemed mankind on earth, having reversed all the bad things introduced by man’s sin under the devil’s influence. All those things that caused us pain and suffering are now eliminated....even death, so the Kingdom will ensure that finally, God’s will is “done on earth as it is in heaven”...now that is something to look forward to. :)

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot ez 36:25-27
Jn 3:22

and the 2000 year history of baptism in obedience to Christ who said:

including Matt 28:19

Valid Christian baptism requires the flowing water over the forehead three times. Jn 3:5

With the words:

I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit! Matt 28:19

The grace of God washing away all sin! Acts 22:16

Immersion, pouring, sprinkling are valid forms of baptism.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (Baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Baptism:

Matt 28:19

The holy church obeys the command Of Jesus!

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ…

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing so remain in Christ!

Keep his commandment!

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 Jn 2:5 But who so keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

His word: Matt 28:19

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 2:1&5 brought to life in baptism
Eph 4:5 one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 and not the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!
Wait, obey Acts 2:38 now that you mentioned it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And infants too!

Infant Baptism

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Promise is to you’re children! Vs 39

This promise made in ez 36
A promise from God is a sacred oath, and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say except infants!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness.

(It does not say accept infants!)

Baptism is the Christian initiation sacrament of the new covenant for all men. Matt 28:19 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (It does not say except infants!) (but it does say “all”)!

Lk 1:10-11 all people including infants

Thee faith is required for baptism.
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

If it’s not possible (as in the case of infants) it’s not required.

But the promise of the parents to raise and educate the child in the faith is required, then the child is confirmed in thee faith at the age of reason.

Repentance is required for baptism. Acts 2:38

If there is no personal sin to repent of (as in the case of infants) then it’s not required.

For two thousand years the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles has always baptized infants!
..... and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your INFANTS?,

LOL

RCC babies don't speak in tongues until they are at least 2 years old.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hebrews 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.....

God Bless!
Is the name mentioned here "son", or is it "Jesus"?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peter said to:

1. Repent
3. Receive Holy Ghost

God Bless!
Are you telling us that the birthing womb of the Church is found in Acts (2:38)?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God Bless!
I think the problem with these fellers on the forum is that we have a failya ta cummunicate...LOL.

Jesus said be immersed in his name and they sprinkle in his title.

They must be chained and beaten again and again like cool hand Luke was.

Why, bro., why?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God Bless!
I will take it to the next level.

I have a 2013 GMC Sierra Hybrid truck worth about 20 grand.

I will give it free to anyone that can produce a verse from Acts 2 through Rev that says someone was baptized any other way but in the name of the Lord, Jesus.

They have been teaching folks it isn't necessary to obey Acts 2:38, so come and get the truck with the verse.

If there is no verse, they should be ashamed.

They have been very naughty.

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you telling us that the birthing womb of the Church is found in Acts (2:38)?

Many have heard the word and it was mixed with faith and conception was made in the womb. Unfortunately however, they mistake that spark of life as being born again when in fact they grow up in the womb, operate in the womb and die in the womb, having never really been birthed forth out of the womb.

Acts 2:38 fulfills the NT plan of salvation.

Reactions: Truther

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peter said to:

1. Repent
3. Receive Holy Ghost

God Bless!

Names play in very heavily in the Bible for sure. Names are very important to God, whose name is Jehovah, one can make a great name for themselves in God's eyes through obedience. Did you know that God delayed destroying Pharaoh so that His name could be declared throughout the earth? Ex 9:16

Reactions: user and Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many have heard the word and it was mixed with faith and conception was made in the womb. Unfortunately however, they mistake that spark of life as being born again when in fact they grow up in the womb, operate in the womb and die in the womb, having never really been birthed forth out of the womb.

Acts 2:38 fulfills the NT plan of salvation.
Amen. Those that did not yet obey Acts 2:38 are not born again but dead and don't know it.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..... and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your INFANTS?,

LOL

RCC babies don't speak in tongues until they are at least 2 years old.

im 61 and I have never spoke in tongues or foreign languages

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im 61 and I have never spoke in tongues or foreign languages
That's because you don't have the Holy Ghost.

You should hang out with charismatic Catholics and they can get you through the latter part of Acts 2:38 at least.

Then maybe, just maybe, you will obey the first part....hopefully.