The Wilderness, The Place Of Safety

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
The Wilderness is a place only known to a few that follow prophesy of the Bible. We are told clearly to read what Daniel the Prophet wrote about the Abomination of Desolation that will kick off the Great Tribulation. Will you be raptured? Not according to the Bible. Jesus warned you to flee into the Wilderness where you will be safe for the time of the Great Tribulation that is to come.

tell me what you think of this lesson,

The Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #1
The Wilderness is a place only known to a few that follow prophesy of the Bible. We are told clearly to read what Daniel the Prophet

The Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #2

The Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #3

The Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #4

The Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #5
The Wilderness, the place of safety http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eql8jH1qrBUThe Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #6

The Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #7

The Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #8

The Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #9

The Wilderness, the place of safety - Bro Marlon #10

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
So can someone give a brief description of marlons viewpoint. I do not feel like downloading 90 minutes of video.

I checked his website and really nothing there other than videos.

Thanks

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
I watched the first video. Here is what Marlon said:

Anyone that does not follow Marlon's interpretation of prophecy is deceived.
Rapture teaching is wrong. Sunday sabbath is wrong , Christmas is pagan
The Pope is the Abdomination of desolation
Pope gets his power from Satan
Pope has the whole world worshiping after him
Flee to the wilderness means flee east in the USA
Tells us most Christians are lying.
Only brother marlon knows the truth.
And he did that by using only a couple of verses of scripture.

I am sure he will have a cult following of a few thousand people.
All you have to do is stop thinking for yourself.
Bro Marlon will do all your thinking for you from now on.
He has the tactics of a cult nailed down perfect

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Will you be raptured? Not according to the Bible.
Which Bible are you referring to? I have at least 14 English translations and every one of them has this nearly exact same account:

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (NKJV)
[sup]16 [/sup]For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. [sup]17 [/sup]Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
I watched the first video. Here is what Marlon said:

Anyone that does not follow Marlon's interpretation of prophecy is deceived.
Rapture teaching is wrong. Sunday sabbath is wrong , Christmas is pagan
The Pope is the Abdomination of desolation
Pope gets his power from Satan
Pope has the whole world worshiping after him
Flee to the wilderness means flee east in the USA
Tells us most Christians are lying.
Only brother marlon knows the truth.
And he did that by using only a couple of verses of scripture.

I am sure he will have a cult following of a few thousand people.
All you have to do is stop thinking for yourself.
Bro Marlon will do all your thinking for you from now on.
He has the tactics of a cult nailed down perfect

what interesting is that Bro Marlon was reading from the bible, the KJV and the word of God was interpreting itself.

No where did I hear the brother speaking his own interpretation.

what I did hear is God's direction concerning the great tribulation, what I did read is where the Lord's church and people fled into the wilderness

what I DID NOT READ IS THE WORD RAPTURE OR THE INSTRUCTION FROM GOD TO WAIT UPON A RAPTURE!

We do have a cult following in christianity, it called CHRISTiANDOM.

no where do you find rapture in God's words but million of christians beleive in this fable.

we jusy come out of xmas and million of christians celebrate Jesus birthdate on a day he was not born

Easter is fast approaching and millions of christians will celebrate his death and resurrection on days he did not die and rise

Jesus said he would be in the grave for 3 days and 3 nites and million of christians will celebrate good friday to Easter sunday morning

you speak of a cult following, yes we have one in the christian community.

I suggest you try reading along with Brother Marlon because He at least read the bible line upon line and precept upon precpet!!

Which Bible are you referring to? I have at least 14 English translations and every one of them has this nearly exact same account:

[sup]16 [/sup]For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. [sup]17 [/sup]Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

the KJV

do you read the rapture in any account.

all you need is one english version

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
what interesting is that Bro Marlon was reading from the bible, the KJV and the word of God was interpreting itself.

No where did I hear the brother speaking his own interpretation.

what I did hear is God's direction concerning the great tribulation, what I did read is where the Lord's church and people fled into the wilderness

what I DID NOT READ IS THE WORD RAPTURE OR THE INSTRUCTION FROM GOD TO WAIT UPON A RAPTURE!

We do have a cult following in christianity, it called CHRISTiANDOM.

no where do you find rapture in God's words but million of christians beleive in this fable.

we jusy come out of xmas and million of christians celebrate Jesus birthdate on a day he was not born

Easter is fast approaching and millions of christians will celebrate his death and resurrection on days he did not die and rise

Jesus said he would be in the grave for 3 days and 3 nites and million of christians will celebrate good friday to Easter sunday morning

you speak of a cult following, yes we have one in the christian community.

I suggest you try reading along with Brother Marlon because He at least read the bible line upon line and precept upon precpet!!

the KJV

do you read the rapture in any account.

all you need is one english version

I have heard him before and he has some good points but I do not agree with some of what he says and believes.

australia

Nov 25, 2010
Thanks, but I haven't found any English translation that doesn't have the 'rapture' account.

Which is?

I was once given a NKJV which came packaged with a whole unbiblical section entitled 'RAPTURE' as if it was a biblical topic more important than most. I gave it back after a gibberised tongue-talking pastor tried to convince me that the NKJV footnotes pertaining to Acts Ch 2 were 'obviously' incorrect. I thank my Almighty God I left that church which incidentally preached the false 'rapture' doctrine.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
I have heard him before and he has some good points but I do not agree with some of what he says and believes.

like what?

is it his personal opinion or is it something he read from the word of God?

what is it that u don't agree with?

Thanks, but I haven't found any English translation that doesn't have the 'rapture' account.

tell me what do you do when the Lord said this to Israel

Isaiah 28:11
For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people

what are the other tongues will the Lord speak to his people?

what is the rapture account?

where is the word rapture in the bible? KJV

where is the rapture account in the bible?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

tell me what do you do when the Lord said this to Israel

Isaiah 28:11
For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people

what are the other tongues will the Lord speak to his people?

Spanish, German, Dutch, Swedish, etc. those are all other tongues that are unknown to me. But if I am called to witness to someone that speaks that tongue I must learn that tongue or bring someone with me that can interpret what I say or my message will be as a clanging cymbal.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
Spanish, German, Dutch, Swedish, etc. those are all other tongues that are unknown to me. But if I am called to witness to someone that speaks that tongue I must learn that tongue or bring someone with me that can interpret what I say or my message will be as a clanging cymbal.

amen!!!

but since you can't speak those language is Jesus a vain God?

Jesus is not a vain God so you can't go

his word is in every nation under the sun he will send his servant who is of the people and speak that language to teach.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Which is?

I was once given a NKJV which came packaged with a whole unbiblical section entitled 'RAPTURE' as if it was a biblical topic more important than most. I gave it back after a gibberised tongue-talking pastor tried to convince me that the NKJV footnotes pertaining to Acts Ch 2 were 'obviously' incorrect. I thank my Almighty God I left that church which incidentally preached the false 'rapture' doctrine.
I'm sure there are some false rapture doctrines around. But that doesn't mean there will be no rapture.

what is the rapture account?

where is the word rapture in the bible? KJV

where is the rapture account in the bible?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
amen!!!

but since you can't speak those language is Jesus a vain God?

Jesus is not a vain God so you can't go

his word is in every nation under the sun he will send his servant who is of the people and speak that language to teach.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
There we go with Judaizer teachings again, this time from a guy named marlon.

Christ-mass is a CHRISTIAN tradition, even though it began with the Roman Catholic Church. So is Easter, even though Easter was originally a pagan holiday. (No, I'm not a Catholic). I have not seen any Christian who believes on Christ Jesus The Saviour worshipping other gods on Christmas or Easter.

And the pope is NOT the Antichrist, even though the Reformers thought he was because of how they persecuted by the RCC in their days. Nor is Rome the Babylon harlot of Revelation.

As for those who want Christians to hold to Saturday as Sabbath, that is an idea either from groups like SDA or orthodox Jews who don't even accept Jesus of Nazareth as Messiah. Under Christ Jesus we are no longer held to the holy days observed per the Old Covenant (Col.2; Eph.2).

Col 2:10-17
10 And ye are complete in Him, Which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In Whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God, Who hath raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
(KJV)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Is it any wonder then, that that same Judaizer false teaching of physically fleeing into the wilderness is connected with those Judaizers?

What is it that the orthodox unbelieving Jews plan to do in Jerusalem in our near future? They plan to build another temple and start up the Old Covenant sacrifices and Levitical priesthood worship again. The Sanhedrin that executed our Lord Jesus upon the cross has started up in Jerusalem again today. That's who is spreading that Judaizer teaching of physically fleeing to Jerusalem for safety during the tribulation. Why? Because they want all Christian believers to be part of that future temple in Jerusalem. It's particularly the "tares" that are pushing that lie among their own Jewish brethren, including Jews for Jesus or Messianic Jews.

I think it even a slur against us Christians for Messianic Jews to mock words like 'Christianity' while claiming to believe on Jesus of Nazareth as Messiah-Christ. There is no 'Messianic Jew' label written of anywhere in the New Testament. In the early Church even Jews that converted to Christ Jesus along with Gentiles proclaimed themselves as Christians first at Antioch. So who among those Messianic Jews is teaching them to use the word Christian and Christianity in mocking speech? It's certainly not Christians that is coming from, but from Judaizers that have crept into Christ's Body who have still not fully understood what Christ did upon His cross, for if they did they would not allow false Jews to creep into their congregation and spread lies like fleeing into the wilderness idea meaning to flee to Jerusalem during the tribulation, which is a lie.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
So what is that lie those like marlon push of fleeing into the wilderness?

Firstly, the symbolic woman of Rev.12 fleeing into the wilderness is a metaphor. It is not meant literally, like physical fleeing. It's in the spiritual sense about not being deceived by the lies which come out of the mouth of the dragon-serpent.

Rev 12:13-17
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

The dragon and serpent in that chapter is defined as the devil (Rev.12:9). A flood comes out of his 'mouth' after the woman. So what's that flood out of his mouth "as a flood"? What comes out of one's mouth? Words. In the case of that dragon or serprent, it's lies that cause deception.

So how do you flee deception coming out of the devil's mouth? By staying on Christ Jesus and doing what He said to do. Christ's first warning in Matt.24 and Mark 13 about signs of the end was to not allow any man to deceive you. Deception was His first warning. The wilderness idea of Rev.12 is only a metaphor for fleeing the deception that's to occur upon the whole world in the last days prior to Christ's return. That deception is what the waters coming out of the serpent's mouth represents. That's not about physical escape. It's about not being tempted by deception, those waters out of the dragon's mouth.

In Matt.24:26, our Lord Jesus warned when some begin to say, "Behold, He is in the desert" to "go not forth". That's the exact opposite of literally fleeing into the deserts outside Jerusalem-Judea. He warned those in Judea to flee to the mountains, not the desert. Christ also specifically warned for His servants in the countries not to enter into Judea when the armies surround Jerusalem (Luke 21:20-21).

So why would the Jews want us to flee to Jerusalem, or to think there will be safety there during the coming great tribulation? It's because they are speaking from "another spirit", for they are being prepared to worship the "another Jesus" and have "another gospel" other than The Gospel of Jesus Christ (2 Cor.11).

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
There certainly are lie but the flood in Rev 12 is taxes. And the woman is being taught in the wilderness, she is not symbolic.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Ozell

You are being suckered by a radio personality.

Just because someone stands beside the radio personality and reads a few verses from the bible does not prove the radio personality has the scholarly capacity to unlock prophecy.

I do not dislike Marlon , and I expect he will be in heaven with us .

But to refer to him as someone who is an expert in future events is a mistake. He should stick to preaching the gospel.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
Ozell

You are being suckered by a radio personality.

Just because someone stands beside the radio personality and reads a few verses from the bible does not prove the radio personality has the scholarly capacity to unlock prophecy.

I do not dislike Marlon , and I expect he will be in heaven with us .

But to refer to him as someone who is an expert in future events is a mistake. He should stick to preaching the gospel.

what is the meaning of the word Gospel Brother?

There certainly are lie but the flood in Rev 12 is taxes. And the woman is being taught in the wilderness, she is not symbolic.

read me this in the word of God about the flood being taxes?

name='veteran' timestamp='1294605117' post='96837']
So what is that lie those like marlon push of fleeing into the wilderness?

who told you to flee into the mountains or wilderness Marlon of Jesus?

who had the bible written Marlon or Jesus?

so where is the lie and who are you really calling a liar?

Firstly, the symbolic woman of Rev.12 fleeing into the wilderness is a metaphor. It is not meant literally, like physical fleeing. It's in the spiritual sense about not being deceived by the lies which come out of the mouth of the dragon-serpent.

Rev 12:13-17
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

tell me when Israel left Egypt did the Lord have Moses lead them in a literal wilderness or a physical wilderness?

The dragon and serpent in that chapter is defined as the devil (Rev.12:9). A flood comes out of his 'mouth' after the woman. So what's that flood out of his mouth "as a flood"? What comes out of one's mouth? Words. In the case of that dragon or serprent, it's lies that cause deception.

read Rev 13 and see what the flood was?

Revelation 13

[sup]1[/sup]And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

[sup]2[/sup]And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

[sup]3[/sup]And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

[sup]4[/sup]And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? [sup]5[/sup]And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

[sup]6[/sup]And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

[sup]7[/sup]And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. [sup]8[/sup]And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

the flood was a army sent after the people fleeing into the wilderness!!

Is it any wonder then, that that same Judaizer false teaching of physically fleeing into the wilderness is connected with those Judaizers?

What is it that the orthodox unbelieving Jews plan to do in Jerusalem in our near future? They plan to build another temple and start up the Old Covenant sacrifices and Levitical priesthood worship again. The Sanhedrin that executed our Lord Jesus upon the cross has started up in Jerusalem again today. That's who is spreading that Judaizer teaching of physically fleeing to Jerusalem for safety during the tribulation. Why? Because they want all Christian believers to be part of that future temple in Jerusalem. It's particularly the "tares" that are pushing that lie among their own Jewish brethren, including Jews for Jesus or Messianic Jews.

I think it even a slur against us Christians for Messianic Jews to mock words like 'Christianity' while claiming to believe on Jesus of Nazareth as Messiah-Christ. There is no 'Messianic Jew' label written of anywhere in the New Testament. In the early Church even Jews that converted to Christ Jesus along with Gentiles proclaimed themselves as Christians first at Antioch. So who among those Messianic Jews is teaching them to use the word Christian and Christianity in mocking speech? It's certainly not Christians that is coming from, but from Judaizers that have crept into Christ's Body who have still not fully understood what Christ did upon His cross, for if they did they would not allow false Jews to creep into their congregation and spread lies like fleeing into the wilderness idea meaning to flee to Jerusalem during the tribulation, which is a lie.

show me the word judahizer in the bible?

show me the word Messianic Jew in the bible?

lets read something from the Lord God Jesus who was a Jew from the tribe of Judah

pay attention to WHO IS DOING THE TALKING HERE

Matthew 24
[sup]1[/sup]And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

[sup]2[/sup]And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

[sup]3[/sup]And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? [sup]4[/sup]And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

SKIP DOWN TO VERSE 15 BECAUSE THE LORD GOD JESUS THE JEW CONTINUES HIS WORDS

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

[sup]16[/sup]Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

[sup]17[/sup]Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

[sup]18[/sup]Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

[sup]19[/sup]And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

[sup]20[/sup]But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: [sup]21[/sup]For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT?